DLB

DLB I guess it's my turn!!

DLB

Well, first I want to thank Alto for creating this site which helped immensely during those hard times (and there were many ) and also to all the members whom helped along the way. 

I finished my taper 4 years ago this month after I believe was 3 other month long tapers had failed. 

This last time I started a 10% taper in December 2013 after being on mostly 10 mg . Paxil and a few runs of 20 mg. I finished my taper I believe April 15th 2015. The last 6 months of the taper which was basically dust particles of Paxil was brutal. 

The next year was pretty rough with anhedonia and being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that I am certain ether Paxil or the antibiotic Levaquin caused (if you read my story you will find that Levaquin started this whole cascading process of decreasing health and medicines. Year two I was feeling better but still not myself. Not really interested in my prior hobbies. Year 3 is when I was really starting to change back to ME again and was interested in lots of things again. The only thin that has held me back is the physical pain from my autoimmune issues.

I have considered myself healed for about a year now but it seems like there was even more to come, which is where I'm at now. Doing just great ,although I do have lower libido than I thought I would. Without TMI , was the equivalent of an 18 year old until about the time Paxil pooped out on me. I was 45 then and now 50 so I guess this might be considered normal aging but I will never know🙄. Anyway, all parts work but not as good as before and not as often, so for the PSSD people, it does get better, but at my age now I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be🤔.

So there it is in a nutshell, things are really good, I'm in a shitload of pain from AI issues but life is still great. It's been a really long time since I have been on here and I don't visit too often at all anymore because I'm too busy at life. I'm going to post a link to my story so anyone interested can see how I was able to do it. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer when I can because I'm so damn busy at life again.

Hannahe

Thank you for posting. It helps us out a lot 🙏🏻

puthappinessfirst

Winner winner chicken dinner! 

🎉

1Day

Thank you so much DLB for coming back to post your success story.

In percentage terms, how back to normal would you say you are in respect of PSSD?  And you might improve further - I know of one person who recovered from PSSD but then continued to improve further over the next two or three years. 

Wish you all the best for the future. 

1Day

RandyJames

I am so happy for you!  Thanks so much for posting.  It's really nice to hear that you are busy at life again!  We all need more success stories.  

I read in your timeline that you felt 85% better at .25mgs.  Did that not last as you said the last six months were brutal and the next year was rough as well?  I'm wondering because I am starting a 10% taper from 20 mgs of Lexapro tomorrow and am hoping so much that I will feel improvement on my way to 0 and not just increased symptoms.  

Best wishes to you and congratulations!!! 🎂

DLB
On April 15, 2019 at 4:27 PM, 1Day said:

Thank you so much DLB for coming back to post your success story.

In percentage terms, how back to normal would you say you are in respect of PSSD?  And you might improve further - I know of one person who recovered from PSSD but then continued to improve further over the next two or three years. 

Wish you all the best for the future. 

1Day

Well, like I said in post, I'm not really sure where I should be at 50 being that this happened to me. It sure don't work like it did when 18 lol, or even ten years ago. I'm defiantly not what I was, but who is at 50. I actually have no problem with the workings( although it's harder to maintain) but the desire is a little off. One week I can't get enough and the next I don't really care...

DLB
On April 18, 2019 at 7:17 PM, RandyJames said:

I am so happy for you!  Thanks so much for posting.  It's really nice to hear that you are busy at life again!  We all need more success stories.  

I read in your timeline that you felt 85% better at .25mgs.  Did that not last as you said the last six months were brutal and the next year was rough as well?  I'm wondering because I am starting a 10% taper from 20 mgs of Lexapro tomorrow and am hoping so much that I will feel improvement on my way to 0 and not just increased symptoms.  

Best wishes to you and congratulations!!! 🎂

I had no real problems until I hit 2.85 mg and it just sucked REALLY bad from there and then after my final dose it was a crappy year or so with some good days thrown in. 

Keep it slow and steady and just get through it by planning on letting yourself feel like crap for a year or so possibly.

Good luck.

MRothbard

Thanks for posting DLB

laydefish

congratulations! You are a true inspiration to us all- Thanks