Yulitka83: can Seroquel permanently damage my brain?

Yulitka83

Hi! I took Seroquel for 5 months. Now i am 5 weeks off. I am struggling with anhedonia, deep depression, insomnia. Please help if the damage is permanent? I took it for insomnia 100 to 25mg. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Yulitka83: can Seroquel permanently damage my brain?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Yulitka.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

No, the damage is not permanent. Luckily you were on a low dose.

Recovery is very slow and non-linear with windows and waves, as explained here:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Some help for insomnia:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Other non-drug coping skills that may be helpful:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Are you taking any other drugs or using any supplements? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  •  This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

As you give us more information about your history, we can provide more information. 

• Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing Yulitka?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.