MsRoss

MsRoss

Hi I stopped 25mg of quetiapine at night 8 weeks ago, after 5 weeks of hell I went back on 25mg 4 weeks later still feeling terrible, constant crippling anxiety, intrusive thoughts & starting to feel depressed. Help when will I start to heal ?

Edited by MsRoss
Spelling mistake
  • ChessieCat changed the title to MsRoss
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi MsRoss, 

Welcome to SA. I’m so sorry you’re struggling so much. 

Could you please fill out a drug signature. Just go to the Read This First Page and there’s a thread there entitled “Please Put Your Withdrawal History In Your Signature.” Thank you.

How long were you on Seroquel? What date did you go off it? What date did you reinstate it?

I’m on Seroquel too and I feel every small drop, I’m tapering under 4% now. Jumping off Seroquel at 25mg was definitely too big a drop. I won’t be jumping off until I’m down to 0.0something. I’m down to 7mg now from 300mg, and it will take me many more years to get off that dose. 

I’m sorry but no one can say how long it will take for the reinstatement to work. Your brain is still recovering from being cold turkeyed off the medication, and then being put on it again.

Please keep us updated as to how you’re doing.

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.