Zelnick: fate worse than death from Zyprexa after only 9 days on it

Zelnick

Zelnick,

i have had similar dreams-    being thrown off a railroad bridge to my death, seeing my parents stabbed to death in their sleep, walking through a shopping mall where live dogs were being beheaded, being chased by nazis, and many dreams of being arrested or getting into fights.  they are quite sadistic and depressed in nature.  our bodies seem to be in a permanent state of depression after zyprexa.   it's madness.     Some days when i wake up i am not even sure if i live in life, the feeling of desolation is so total from these nightmares. 

I usually have to go outside and be close to nature and around other people again to feel somewhat alive again.   in 5 years i have had 3 nights of near normal sleep- one was on a night i walked 8 miles (13 km).   facebook groups can help a little bit too, to keep some sense of community and contact with others.

i also have the distorted images of memory sometimes.  it's not uncommon in psychiatric medication withdrawal and sleep deprivation.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• 6 months later...

@Zelnick

How are things now?

2015 - Elicea for 2 months, quit cold turkey, survived withdrawal (brain zaps, severe depression)

2018 - april to july, Xanax, quit cold turkey, no serious withdrawal symptoms

2018 - august to late december, Mirtazapine, psychiatrist got me off it cold turkey

2019 - january to april, Seroxat, again stopped cold turkey, developed double vision if looking at close screens etc.

2019 - june to 13th november, Zyprexa (2.5mg-10mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking it

2019 - middle october to november 13th, Zoloft (0.6mg-25mg), tapered it on my own (few days) then stopped taking

Horrible withdrawal with severe insomnia afterwards, not feeling hungry or sleepy, never tired, stomach problems, nausea...

24th november - reinstated 2.5mg zyprexa

3rd december - 5mg zyprexa

new symptoms - glare, halos around lights, muscle twitching worse, eyelid and cheek twitching every 5-10 minutes

11th january 2020 - 4.3mg zyprexa 

Late 2020 (gradually finished the taper back then) to present - meds free. No improvements regarding sleep. Developed dry eyes because lack of it. Only positive change is that I do feel sleepy now but sleep is the same, broken and not good.

• 2 years later...

@Zelnick

How are you doing?

June-July -21 Zyprexa 2.5-7.5 mg 

July -21 Mianserin 20 mg four days

July-Aug -21 Valium 30 mg a day, tapred, return of symptoms 

Aug-Oct -21 Oxazepam Tapred from 10 mg x 3 to zero

Dec-Jan -21/22 On and off mirtazapine 15 mg. Kindling reaction?

March 8.-19. - Zopiclone 7.5 mg to combat insomnia 

March 20 - 5 mg valium because of akathisia and panic 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2