SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Rbc123: took Zoloft for two days

Rbc123

I took Zoloft for two days to help with general anxiety disorder. I believe 10 mg. Long term sufferer but never tried pills. I stopped after two days because just felt out of it. The days following had severe depression ( never once had problems with this), followed by regular panic attacks. It’s now been over 2 1/2 weeks since I stopped. 

No depression issues but brain in total fog- like almost can’t do my job, wake up in middle of night(always slept like baby), also getting strangle trembles in my legs mostly when feeling extra anxiety. Low motivation. Overall worst I ever felt in my life. Hard to stop obsessing about it all.

Hoping to see if anyone on this forum has experience or know someone take a low dose for a very short period of time (two days) with this bad of side affects. 

Worried my life has has permanently changed. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, Rbc123 and welcome to SA.  I'm sorry you're going through this.

Could you use the following link to create a drug signature?  Just put the date (approximate is fine), that you took it for 2 days, the drug and the dosage.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Your situation is not uncommon.  The damage is not permanent but it can take quite a while for you to stabilize.  The following link explains:

But I only took it for a Week

Try and remain as calm as possible and not to panic.  It's important to learn and use 

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community.  I hope you’ll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation.  I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but I am glad that you found us.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hang in there Rbc.  You will be fine.  No damage was done with you two-days worth of Zoloft.   

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Rbc123: took Zoloft for two days