RandyJames

Success with Anhedonia?

RandyJames

I was wondering if anyone with a success story had anhedonia even before WD and if it went away sometime along the taper or anytime after reaching 0.  I'm tired of feeling no inspiration from anything and am hoping this will go away as I continue to taper. 

Thanks so much!

laydefish

Hi Randy, I came across this information, I thought it might interest you-Anhedonia is a core symptom of depression, but not everyone who’s depressed experiences anhedonia. Prescription medication, especially medications like antidepressants and antipsychotics used to treat depression, can cause anhedonia.-Healthline.com   If you visit this site they have more info. Also please note that I'm 8 months Antidepressant free after 11 years & Benzo free after 7 years , and I was in Tolerance Withdrawal for years & didn't know it-I stopped creating art & know I'm back & feel better & more creative everyday, as well enjoying physical pleasures if you will for the 1st time in years  Hope this helps- Take care I hold on you will heal!

RandyJames
15 hours ago, laydefish said:

Hi Randy, I came across this information, I thought it might interest you-Anhedonia is a core symptom of depression, but not everyone who’s depressed experiences anhedonia. Prescription medication, especially medications like antidepressants and antipsychotics used to treat depression, can cause anhedonia.-Healthline.com   If you visit this site they have more info. Also please note that I'm 8 months Antidepressant free after 11 years & Benzo free after 7 years , and I was in Tolerance Withdrawal for years & didn't know it-I stopped creating art & know I'm back & feel better & more creative everyday, as well enjoying physical pleasures if you will for the 1st time in years  Hope this helps- Take care I hold on you will heal!

thank you so much for this info.  I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better.  I'm an artist and have no desire to create anything for a very long time.  I just haven't felt interested in anything or present in my own thoughts.  

laydefish

Well like I stated as you continue to taper & heal your creativity should come back, Mine did-  So please try & have faith!