Byc28: bilateral temple pain

Byc28

Something I have just started to experience with withdrawal and It hurts so bad! I am 56 year old female. It has been a month of trying to withdraw from 20 mg to 15 mg of Paxil Usually I do two days 20 mg and then three days 15 mg Thought I was doing good then the Temple pain started.  Can’t explain but sounds like an inflammation of the Arteries

• ChessieCat changed the title to Byc28: bilateral temple pain
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Byc, 

Welcome to SA. I’m so sorry that your withdrawals are so bad. It’s not a good idea to be inconsistent with what you take each day. Our brains can’t handle that. We need to take the same dose each day, then once we’ve stabilised we can start to taper. Every time you drop from 20mg to 15mg you are destabilising your brain even more. 

Also, going from 20mg to 15mg is way too big a drop. The recommendation for tapering is no more than 10% a month. 

Could you please fill in a drug signature. Just go the Read This First section, and under the thread Please Put Your Withdrawal History In Your Signature it will show you what to do. Thank you. 

Have you got any other symptoms, besides the temple pain? I’ve had all sorts of pain in withdrawals too, toothaches, earaches, sore jaw etc. Pain is a very common withdrawal symptom. We need to get you stabilised by not changing your doses all the time, and then you can start tapering slowly. 

I’ll ask the other mods which dosage to stay on until you stabilise, seeing you’ve been doing two different ones. You will eventually stabilise. Please know that your temporal pain will go away, you just need to stop alternating doses. 

Please keep us updated, sending hugs🤗

Edited by Carmie
Typo

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Administrator

Welcome, byc.

You are having withdrawal symptoms. If I were you, I'd go back to 20mg Paxil, stabilize for a month. If symptoms go away, gradually taper, see

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks  I did go back up to 20 mg it’s been a few days, feel less pain. I will try again. I did start taking the mag and omega supplements about a month ago, Yea this temple pain is new and I am not happy about it

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Byc, 

So glad to hear that you’re taking 20mg daily again, instead of alternating doses. Yes, please give it at least a month, maybe longer, to stabilise. Then you can start tapering again by no more than 10% a month. I am doing under 4% myself. 

Wishng you all the best in your recovery.💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.