bunchesofoats

Aligning tapering to menstrual cycle

bunchesofoats

I'm curious if others of the menstrual persuasion have aligned their tapering drop dose dates with certain days in their cycles and if anyone knows a good deal about the interactions between the hormones and medication/tapering.

The first time I tried to taper down from 30mg citalopram, it just happened to be during my most difficult week of the cycle (PMS week aka within 7 days before my period starting), and that was horrendous. The second time I smartened up and decided to do it during my "good" week or around day 7 of my cycle, though with the surge of estrogen during that period it can also be difficult. I know there of course isn't a *perfect* (that word should be censored out like a curse word), but I'm wondering if, in general, to those who this is relevant, there is a time during the month when dropping dosage is less harsh on the body.

SertralineAnxiety

Hi,

This makes a lot of sense to me.

I use a free app called "Clue" to track my period and symptoms. I might check the symptom pattern, and make sure to drop at a "better" time of the month. 

Thanks for the post!