colinsma: Pristiq

colinsma

Omg, so much info on how to taper/discontinue Pristiq - been on this med for about a year...  The posts seem to be old.  Wondering if there's more updated trials on how to taper/discontinue this med.  I have been taking antidepressants for years (my son died).  I am just wanting not to be on this med.  I think it's called a "washout" - at least for a while.  As many know, one of the side effects is a bit of numbing; I cannot cry on this med - not that I want to cry - but if a med is that powerful, it makes me wonder what the hell else it's doing to my body.  Thanks to for any help from a moderator or to anyone else who is going through this same experience.  I just am wanting to do my "homework" before my doc appointment this July.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi colinsma and welcome to SA,

I've moved your post from the Tips for Tapering Pristiq topic and created your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

Did you check out the whole of this topic?  tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine

I've been successfully tapering off 100mg Pristiq and am now down to 3.5mg.  The link to my information is in my signature below this post.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Colinsma, 

Welcome to SA from me too. As you can see from ChessieCat’s post she has been tapering Pristiq successfully. Have you had a chance to look at her thread, and the other threads she’s posted. She’s gone down from 100mg to 3.5mg, so it can be done. 

Please let us know how you’re doing. 💚

Edited by Carmie
Typo

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.