Nony: My Intro, Antidepressant and Benzo Withdrawal

Hello.

I belong here only a little bit. 😀 I'm looking to form a NY Meetup for people suffering from prescribed meds after getting off them - both benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I'm suffering from protracted benzo withdrawal (3.5 years off). Looking forward to hearing from others who'd like to meet up.

3.5 years off low dose Xanax, taken as prescribed, and still sick with emotional, cognitive, and physical symptoms. Searching for tristate New Yorkers so we can do a WD support group.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Nony: My Intro
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nony,

And welcome, welcome.

As it sounds like you might be feeling a little unsure at this point about joining as a member.........and I'm feeling a little unsure about just leaving you in the lurch.

How's this?

I'll get you approved and into the introduction section now.

And......then.......if you'd like to stay........please go to:

Read this first

then go to pinned topics:  About Surviving Antidepressants,  Rules and guidelines,  Before you begin tapering,  New to Site, and Want to ask a question?

You can further introduce yourself to the community then, if you wish, right here on this page,  as well as find instructions to do a signature.  Just tell us a little more, in other words.

Meantime:  It does look like you have found the section for New York members too. 

All for now.  And best for what you are wanting to do.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
additional

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Struggling to use this website, mainly due to benzo wd (cognitive symptoms). So bear with me while I figure it out. Thanks for accepting me as a member.

3.5 years off low dose Xanax, taken as prescribed, and still sick with emotional, cognitive, and physical symptoms. Searching for tristate New Yorkers so we can do a WD support group.

• Moderator Emeritus

Of course Nony.  That's understandable......the cognitive symptoms can be very difficult.  And I'm glad you are wanting to fully join us.  Welcome again!  :D

How did taper off your benzo and previous AD?

And here's basics, or how to,  of the signature part I mentioned:

Your signature appears under all your posts.  Unless you are viewing from a cell phone device.  You can still create a signature with most cell phone devices however.

If your drug history is very long, the last few years will do. FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

• A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs
  • Include ALL drugs, doses, and dates (starting and stopping)
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (e.g. mid-June) rather than relative time frames (e.g. 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months (e.g. "January" or "Jan" as 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as 9 Jan 2016 or 1 Sept 2016)
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

(As of 12/31/13: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.)

How to add or edit your signature

1. Click on this link to open the correct page in User Settings:
    Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"
    2017-June 12 update: link works on desktop, tablet and mobile phone versions

2. Enter your signature in the space provided.
  3. When you are done, Click on the big black Save button at the bottom.

If the link isn't working, follow these steps:

1. Click on the small downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner of any page.
  2. Select Account Settings from the list.
  3. On the left of the Account Settings page, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to add or edit your signature.
  4. Click on the big black Save button at the bottom when you are done.

Hopefully that ^ will help with the signature part.  This page acts as your introduction page, a place to keep notes of your progress and ask any questions, as well as a place to communicate with other members and moderators too. 

Feel free to just take some time getting familiar with the site layout.  If you go to the Home Page, you'll see different forums you can visit and post on too.  You also are welcome to visit and comment on other members intros, and offer support and encouragement, as they will do for you. 

We do have a Benzo tapering and recovery forum.  You just have to be signed in to get there.

You'll see it about halfway down the main Home page Forums section.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• manymoretodays changed the title to Nony: My Intro, Antidepressant and Benzo Withdrawal