Albin: Lexapro started my nightmare, then olanzapine and then ...

Albin

I have read that.

But I got an dopamine overdose from Mucuna. Also the link doesn’t say anything about cognitive decline or any decline after some months 😕

2018: 17 December 1 pill Lexapro 10mg, 22-26 december 10 mg Olanzapine. Imovane 10 mg between December-March. 2019: Injection cicordinol in February. 

Supplements taken during December-Januari (2018-2019).

Gotu Kola, Mucuna Pruriens, Magnesium, Zinc, Curcummin, Omega 3, K2, D3

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Gridley said:

But I only took it for a Week

Here's the link.  I've fixed it in Gridley's post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

4 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Here's the link.  I've fixed it in Gridley's post.

”The first several months will be acute.  Then things start to improve is a noticeable manner”.

Things are not improving, they are declining, and I have had 5 adverse reactions.

So don’t know what to say or do about that fact.

2018: 17 December 1 pill Lexapro 10mg, 22-26 december 10 mg Olanzapine. Imovane 10 mg between December-March. 2019: Injection cicordinol in February. 

Hey,

i just wanted to say you're not alone in your situation, I've been having a similar experience with new symptoms/worsening symptoms after stopping effexor 6 months ago. I'm also experiencing worsening skin numbness and cognitive decline and also some issues with coordination, slurred speech, anhedonia, apathy, dissociation, sense of time passing, reduced taste/smell etc. I understand what you mean about the physical changes too, I have really flat affect and my eyes seem kind of vacant. Its incredibly scary and disabling, I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you had a really bad experience when you tried to look for help, it seems as though doctors really don't know how serious the potential adverse effects of these drugs can be everywhere, I thought Sweden would have better health care in terms of offering talk therapy etc, it sucks that drugs are seen as the easy option for treatment. In terms of whether the injury is due to an adverse reaction or withdrawal from what I can gather there's not really a significant distinction in terms of outcome. There seems to be a cluster of symptoms like emotional numbness, anhedonia, apathy and sexual dysfunction that can result from using meds that affect serotonin/dopamine like SSRIs and antipsychotics, the way they disrupt neurotransmitter systems and brain function as a result seems to be contingent on individual physiology. Some people may find they experience symptoms while taking the drug, they may or may not resolve on stopping or they might only appear when the medication is discontinued. Depending on neuroplasticity/the degree and rate at which your brain adapts to the drug it could happen after as little as one dose. There are a few theories as to why this damage occurs, there may be multiple/different causes depending on the individual and symptoms. You've only stopped the medication recently so allow for some time to see improvements. Has anything changed or improved for you at all? There is a site devoted to post ssri sexual dysfunction, www.pssdforum.com where a lot of people are suffering similar symptoms eg. emotional numbness, skin numbness, anhedonia, cognitive dysfunction etc. You could ask for an opinion on your situation there? Although it seems like there is a culture there of recommending supplements and other drugs to treat the issues and it sounds like you're very sensitive to both, so probably giving it some more time to allow your brain to recover naturally would be the safest option for you at this point. Anyway, I'm really sorry you're also having to deal with this too, hope things improve for you soon!

Over the last two years - Effexor Xr 150 mg daily, ferrous iron, magnesium, zinc, b12and vit d 1000 iu every couple of days. 

Prior to that- 2001 started citalopram 20 mg age 18, switched to escitalopram 20 mg a year or two later: 2011 - switched to paroxetine for several weeks and tapered off, replaced with lexapro. March 2014- prescribed Effexor xr 150mg daily. May 2015 prescribed 10 mg aripiprazole, concurrently with Effexor, discontinued 2-3 weeks later with abrupt taper to 5 mg then stopped. Continued taking Effexor until late November of last year- tapered rapidly over 12 days. Nothing currently.

I was getting therapy also, but the waiting was so long so got pills in the meantime, which is super wierd.

i have not improved a single bit. 5 adverse reactions and I mean Mucuna Pruriens is like MDMA and that dopamine-overdose was really damaging. That’s why I feel I’m screwed, like real oxidation has taken place.

I have total PSSD. Didn’t have that earlier. So it’s Declining. Everything iS. But hopefully it will stop at some point.

not feeling body or hands or feet is weird.

and I suck more and more When writing because I can’t feel hands.

may end up paralyzed if it continues.

thanks for your support!!

”As a result, it is entirely possible to get brain damage from drugs or alcohol. Research shows some drugs like methamphetamine and MDMA can even damage the brain in ways that are similar to a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can kill brain cells, cause memory loss, and lead to irreversible brain damage.”

this is what I am facing guys.

i have no sense of self or identity.

Never  heard about that in WD or adverse reaction.

Hello

Im experiencing the exact same thing.

Im 6 months off now but the question is why if its brain damage the symptoms keep getting worse? The drug is out of my body for 6 months. In the beginning my symptoms sometimes went away in the evening. How do you meen your face changes? I think I got that also.

December 2017- start 15mg mirtazapine

March 2018 - reduce from 15 to 7,5mg then after 2 weeks reduce tot 3,75mg

April 2018- going back to 7,5mg

July 2018-tapered 1mg off every 2 weeks.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

How are you, Albin?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Albin,

I'm so sorry about what has happened to you... How cruel and unfair...

I believe that you will feel better in time, even though it doesn't feel like it right now... How hard it must be... My heart goes out to you..

Doctors know nothing of the damage they cause to us. They are arrogant and ignorant, dangerous people. 

I often wish they suddenly realised the hurt they have caused us and continue to cause to people... I often wish they get sent to prison to atone for their crimes.

I used to not have this anger in me...

I'm struggling myself with withdrawal from olanzapine I was put on for... mild anxiety. Anxiety. 

8 months later and I'm beginning to have an easier time with life. 

Hope to hear from you,

Best wishes,

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

• ChessieCat changed the title to Albin: Lexapro started my nightmare, then olanzapine and then ... need someone to support me

Albin,

Youll get better with time,

Its the adverse reaction from the drugs that cause symptoms anhedonia, loss of taste taste.smell .

stay strong

Miko

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

It is not getting better. 

I am declining every day still.

I can’t even suffer anymore basically because I am so erased. Writing is superhard, also reading. The difference is massive and not in a good way.

i don’t understand the decline.

I am alive, but it is not a life worth living.

Hi Albin,

So sorry that you are still in so much pain. Feels like it's gone on forever, but we are, none of us, beyond repair. 

Believe it or not, the dysfunction you are experiencing now is likely your brain healing itself. Just like a building that has been damaged in a storm, some pieces may need to be torn down before a stronger structure can be erected in it's place. 

When we are suffering we just want it to stop. It feels so counterintuitive to do nothing, but that's usually the best thing to do. As you look around this site you'll find a common theme -time. Time is the only thing that's healed anyone here regardless of how long they took the drug, how fast they came off it or what they tried to do to make themselves better.

We might feel this way for a long while. That's not what we want to hear. We want some magic concoction that will make it go away NOW, and understandably so. Unfortunately that concoction just doesn't exist. 

The good news is that left alone and given enough time the brain inevitably heals itself. Our brains are constantly searching for balance. All we have to do is let them find it. In the meantime,  try some of the non-drug coping techniques listed on this site 

Peace,  love and healing. 

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Patricia:

My whole body is changed, face is changed, I have no emotions or anxiety like I had before Mucuna Pruriens and injection of cicordinol accutard.

it’s not only the brain. My whole body is totally messed up and there is no sense of now after all these adverse reactions.

from lexapro and olanzapine I was damaged but alive. Sadly I am not alive now. It’s not regular this.

peobably autoimmune disease also.

I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. No books, music, tv or any form of entertainment. I can’t do anything and I look terrible.

this damage is something else.

Edited by ChessieCat
changed obscenity

• Mentor

Hi Albin, 

i’m so sorry you’re feeling so I’ll.

How was your trip to the Ayurvedic hospital? Did it help atall?

warmest wishes,

Rich

= medication taken now

2007 quetiapine to March 2019 200mg

2019 quetiapine March to present 225mg 

2007 citalopram to present 40mg 
2018 March Abilify 5mg  
2019 Abilify February rapid taper over 3 weeks from 5mg to off

2019 March Clonazepam as required, taken very occasionally, then taken 0.5mg for 2 days 28th and 29th March, now phased out

2019 1st April reinstated Abilify 0.5mg / day 

2018 to 2020 Liquid B12 2g twice daily (diagnosed B12 deficiency) 

2020 July reduced quetiapine to 200mg

2022 October began taper of Abilify

Hi Rich,

No it did not help at all sadly.

More disconnected than ever.

Joint problems starting to show up also.

I will not heal guys. I am sorry.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:18 PM, Albin said:

Patricia:

My whole body is changed, face is changed, I have no emotions or anxiety like I had before Mucuna Pruriens and injection of cicordinol accutard.

it’s not only the brain. My whole body is totally messed up and there is no sense of now after all these adverse reactions.

from lexapro and olanzapine I was damaged but alive. Sadly I am not alive now. It’s not regular this.

peobably autoimmune disease also.

I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. No books, music, tv or any form of entertainment. I can’t do anything and I look terrible.

this damage is something else.

I didnt see any what I think you would consider improvement until after 18-20 months. I was mostly laying in my bed all day in a dark room. Its a long story. It took me around 2 years before I could somewhat enjoy a good movie.

First entertainment I could somewhat enjoy was mobile games. I used them since I believed they could heal my brain faster I didnt really enjoyed it but later on did. Im still healing but Ive been having a more positive outlook after 2 years. I believe I will heal 100% naturally or by living a more healthy life than I would have done with all this happening. My body changed a lot and Im still trying to fix it by exercising. I was scared of getting a moon face but I think it was mostly from fat.

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

I understand Frasier. 

But the injection they gave me is basically one of the most dangerous meds on the planet. Brutal brain damage. It’s Lobotomy.

and Dopamine overdose was to much for my system.

If you get severely toxicitated from 1 pill lexapro and 1 pill olanzapine. And then overdose dopamine snd then  they give you the most dangerous poision they have. They are so ignorant it’s crazy. 

i am not pessimistic, is just reality. Parts of my brain are totally dead. I am totally disconnected. I don’t even care anymore, because I cant . I have to accept that I am dead. No one on this site has gotten this amount of damage. Tell me if I am wrong. I am totally powerless sadly.

i tried to do the right thing and then Mucuna pruriens.  Thanks to toxic olanzapine.

This void is nothing you come back from sadly.

I am being punished for trying to take care of my body. And trusting doctors. It’s Just what it is.

I am 100% certain i will not heal. Before injection there was probably hope. Before Mucuna it was def hope.

Most people Here don’t get this sick. And if they do they don’t take Mucuna or another dopamine/anphetamine like drug.

But I did. This is mum punishment.

I should have known about this.

i only ate organic food and lived toxic free before. I have also read 1984. But yeah, depression impairs everyone.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities

Hey Albin,

I experienced recently a lot of what you are experiencing including the hearing loss, numb skin, loss of personality , changes in appearance etc. Things were deteriorating everyday to the point where I was hospitalised against my will and I basically had no sense of time or place. Eventually I also started having seizures and a whole body dystonic reaction with fainting. Honestly if I'd read this before I went through the same I would have dismissed you as hysterical or a hypochondriac but I understand a lot of what you're going through and its horrifying. The strange thing is I actually did have a  stroke and it caused me about 1/100 of what effexor withdrawal did in terms of symptoms etc. What I've learned is the brain is so complex and our understanding of it so limited its somewhat unpredictable as to how an individual will react to any certain drug or trauma.

I get how traumatic and devastating this must be for you , I also thought I had done irreparable damage and had destroyed my life forever. The thing is in your case the damage is functional rather than organic/structural and can be fixed. After such a short amount of time you wouldn't have incurred any atrophy or any physical changes in your brain, its purely due to chemically induced changes resulting in altered signalling, changes in neural networks/communication between various brain regions etc. Even in cases of organic damage the brain can compensate over time, depending on the scale, I couldn't walk or move my face for a while & its completely resolved now.  Your brain isn't dead its just not working optimally at the moment. If you're having symptoms of executive dysfunction there are drugs that could potentially help re-potentiate neural pathways affecting higher order functions, pleasure response, emotional regulation etc, (maybe not dopaminergics if you had a bad reaction to them?). Although you might have to give them a bit longer to get the full effect and assess whether they're working for you. Its unpredictable and not risk free but its up to you as to whether you determine it to be worth the risk. In my case reinstating my full dose of venlafaxine has helped a lot with the anhedonia, mood and cognitive impairment, although obviously our situations are completely different. 

If you are continuing to decline its not a great sign, things might turn around or they might not. Personally I would seek help maybe  from a private psychiatrist where you have a say in your treatment, & you can explain your current situation and history of adverse reactions and could at least look at potential treatment options including waiting it out for improvements, although It sounds to me like your quality of life is so minimal at the moment that you might benefit from intervention. As long as you're still here things can get better, I understand it feels hopeless at the moment but I promise it isn't. 

Over the last two years - Effexor Xr 150 mg daily, ferrous iron, magnesium, zinc, b12and vit d 1000 iu every couple of days. 

Prior to that- 2001 started citalopram 20 mg age 18, switched to escitalopram 20 mg a year or two later: 2011 - switched to paroxetine for several weeks and tapered off, replaced with lexapro. March 2014- prescribed Effexor xr 150mg daily. May 2015 prescribed 10 mg aripiprazole, concurrently with Effexor, discontinued 2-3 weeks later with abrupt taper to 5 mg then stopped. Continued taking Effexor until late November of last year- tapered rapidly over 12 days. Nothing currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I know is that wait 2 years and se hows things are. Its a VERY

positive thing that you are able to write on the forum. Keep a monthly diary if you have the energy

and try to keep basic routines as eating etc.

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

Not healing guys. 

6 months have past and the decline is severe.

I wish I had my personality and life back.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Albin: Lexapro started my nightmare, then olanzapine and then ...
  • 2 weeks later...

You will. Try to make small progress in areas youre able to do it in. Will make feelings (even if you dont feel them att the moment) that youre missing out less. 

Explore cooking, books, stock market  things that could be useful in a future you can try fantasize about. 

Thanks guys.

even though I am not healing, some stuff came back, reward system (enjoying food a bit) and stuff like this. It dissappeared after my trip to Poland. I am doing HBOT there and the first sessions improved my energy dramatically and I also slept deep. 5th session was a disaster though, I suspect I got less oxygen or something.

now reward system is gone, I have fever like flu, and nothing matters anymore, again but even less drive. I am totally disconnected guys, reward system was a Nice focus before. Now nothing.

Did I screw up by trying HBOT? probably....

• 2 weeks later...

This is my current plan and consulting doctor's theory:

There are neurotoxic factors that are currently unhindered, including oxidative stress. Your brain's own defense mechanisms are struggling against these factors, but since they barely overcome them, your natural recovery is slow and mild. I think the your microglia play a major role in this, creating unnecessary neuroinflammation. The microglia has two states: dormant and active. When they "turned on" to the active state without returning to normal, neurotoxicity is enhanced as well as neural apoptosis (neural suicide). Your compromised BBB could play a role in keeping your microglia in an active state since the brain is bombarded with neurotoxins that the BBB normally keeps out.

So, first step is to restore BBB integrity.

Second step is to limit he neurotoxic factors and turn off the microglia

Third step is to promote your brain's neurotrophy

Edited by ChessieCat
removed background grey

On 8/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, Monty95 said:

Hey Albin,

I experienced recently a lot of what you are experiencing including the hearing loss, numb skin, loss of personality , changes in appearance etc. Things were deteriorating everyday to the point where I was hospitalised against my will and I basically had no sense of time or place. Eventually I also started having seizures and a whole body dystonic reaction with fainting. Honestly if I'd read this before I went through the same I would have dismissed you as hysterical or a hypochondriac but I understand a lot of what you're going through and its horrifying. The strange thing is I actually did have a  stroke and it caused me about 1/100 of what effexor withdrawal did in terms of symptoms etc. What I've learned is the brain is so complex and our understanding of it so limited its somewhat unpredictable as to how an individual will react to any certain drug or trauma.

I get how traumatic and devastating this must be for you , I also thought I had done irreparable damage and had destroyed my life forever. The thing is in your case the damage is functional rather than organic/structural and can be fixed. After such a short amount of time you wouldn't have incurred any atrophy or any physical changes in your brain, its purely due to chemically induced changes resulting in altered signalling, changes in neural networks/communication between various brain regions etc. Even in cases of organic damage the brain can compensate over time, depending on the scale, I couldn't walk or move my face for a while & its completely resolved now.  Your brain isn't dead its just not working optimally at the moment. If you're having symptoms of executive dysfunction there are drugs that could potentially help re-potentiate neural pathways affecting higher order functions, pleasure response, emotional regulation etc, (maybe not dopaminergics if you had a bad reaction to them?). Although you might have to give them a bit longer to get the full effect and assess whether they're working for you. Its unpredictable and not risk free but its up to you as to whether you determine it to be worth the risk. In my case reinstating my full dose of venlafaxine has helped a lot with the anhedonia, mood and cognitive impairment, although obviously our situations are completely different. 

If you are continuing to decline its not a great sign, things might turn around or they might not. Personally I would seek help maybe  from a private psychiatrist where you have a say in your treatment, & you can explain your current situation and history of adverse reactions and could at least look at potential treatment options including waiting it out for improvements, although It sounds to me like your quality of life is so minimal at the moment that you might benefit from intervention. As long as you're still here things can get better, I understand it feels hopeless at the moment but I promise it isn't. 

Did you loose your ability to have thoughts? I can't access any thoughts and I don't have an experience. It is hard to explain, but if you have/had it, you probably understand.

Zuclopenthixol* was the name of the injection I got btw. It is banned in the states.

* Zuclopenthixol (brand names Cisordinol, Clopixol and others), also known as zuclopentixol, is a medication used to treat schizophrenia and other psychoses. It is classed, pharmacologically, as a typical antipsychotic. Chemically it is a thioxanthene. (from wiki)

Edited by ChessieCat
added drug info

• Mentor
4 hours ago, Albin said:

Zuclopenthixol* was the name of the injection I got btw. It is banned in the states.

I wouldn't hold banned in the states as the standard of something that's bad. It probably just means bad marketing. :lol:

[I'm sorry, I could not resist that!]

Hang in there, Albin. I believe that you are going to get better. You had some improvement, and then the window closed. It will be back.

Was that a neurologist's opinion? It sounded very technical and perhaps accurate. The treatment is the same, right? Calmness, consistency, gentleness, and the elixir of time. I wish we had better options, but this is what we've got. And each other.

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Jul 16 trazodone from 100 to 50 mg.

Jun 17-July 10 Slowly changed gab fr pill to liquid at same dose 100 mg 4x/d.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Mar 16, 450 mg gaba 3x/day cut 600 mg--not exact!--updose after learning w/d

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

July 2018 started gabapentin 100 3x/day; titrated up to 1800 mg (600 3x/day)

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

*I speak from my experience. Nothing I say is medical advice. I'm not a doctor.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Albin said:

Did you loose your ability to have thoughts? I can't access any thoughts and I don't have an experience. It is hard to explain, but if you have/had it, you probably understand.

I think I know what you mean. I was able to formulate very simple thoughts and access basic language but I had no internal monologue and my personality was completely gone. Like all of the memories and experiences that make you yourself and colour/define your experiences are obliterated and there's just a void there. I think it might be something to do with just fewer neural networks being active so your conscious experience is greatly simplified, its the worst thing I could possibly imagine and I think I've almost forgotten how awful it was at times. I'm feeling so much better now and I believe you will too eventually, you haven't lost anything permanently, its all still in there you just need to activate it and access it again. That's great that you've found a doctor you can work with, all of that jargon went completely over my head :)  but just having a plan and trying new strategies will hopefully pay off for you in the end.  I'm really sorry you're still struggling with this, it sucks, but its a process and it sounds like you're making some progress now. Sending hugs :) 

7 hours ago, ShiningLight said:

I wouldn't hold banned in the states as the standard of something that's bad. It probably just means bad marketing. :lol:

[I'm sorry, I could not resist that!]

Hang in there, Albin. I believe that you are going to get better. You had some improvement, and then the window closed. It will be back.

Was that a neurologist's opinion? It sounded very technical and perhaps accurate. The treatment is the same, right? Calmness, consistency, gentleness, and the elixir of time. I wish we had better options, but this is what we've got. And each other.

Thanks!!

The drug is from the 70:s and was approved in the US for a long time.

Treatment is to restore my BBB and gut with diet and some supps (Butyric Acid, probiotic, inulin Rich foods).

Then when inflammation is at bay and I will be on a neuroprotective regimen with  metformin (microdose).

and  then rehab with functional neurologists and Mild HBOT.

3 hours ago, Monty95 said:

I think I know what you mean. I was able to formulate very simple thoughts and access basic language but I had no internal monologue and my personality was completely gone. Like all of the memories and experiences that make you yourself and colour/define your experiences are obliterated and there's just a void there. I think it might be something to do with just fewer neural networks being active so your conscious experience is greatly simplified, its the worst thing I could possibly imagine and I think I've almost forgotten how awful it was at times. I'm feeling so much better now and I believe you will too eventually, you haven't lost anything permanently, its all still in there you just need to activate it and access it again. That's great that you've found a doctor you can work with, all of that jargon went completely over my head :)  but just having a plan and trying new strategies will hopefully pay off for you in the end.  I'm really sorry you're still struggling with this, it sucks, but its a process and it sounds like you're making some progress now. Sending hugs :) 

Yah exactly the internal monologer but Also any brain activity of higher functioning basically.

Did you loose skills too? Like coordination? That has been declining since the start.

54 minutes ago, Albin said:

Yah exactly the internal monologer but Also any brain activity of higher functioning basically.

Did you loose skills too? Like coordination? That has been declining since the start.

Yea that just about describes it. Trying to explain it to somebody who hasn't experienced it themselves can be so frustrating and in the end I gave up because its so alien to everyday experience. Like planning, integrating information, spontaneity, accessing multiple sources of information simultaneously etc., I think this combination of higher order functions results in emergent complex brain activity that gives rise to what we experience as the self etc. I did lose coordination but it actually turns out I had a cerebellar stroke around the same time so its been difficult differentiating between the two causes. I'm more inclined to blame the stroke for coordination losses as they seem to be permanent and the injury was in my balance centre. Obviously everyone is different and coordination loss in your case would just signal that a certain area of your brain or pathway influencing your movement has been affected by the medication. Its amazing how much complex processing our brains are responsible for ie generating our entire realities and I too so much of it for granted, like sensing time passing, visual acuity, things you don't generally consider. I've got about 90-95% function back I'd estimate which is so much more than I thought would ever be possible. Just dizziness, visual snow, coordination losses, dystonia, difficulty with planning and accessing information and some short term memory loss but its all mild (with the exception of the dystonia, but I'll take it :) ). I was so impaired at one stage people were noticing just from my demeanour, I looked absolutely blank and vacant and had trouble composing a sentence, my speech was slurred and I was shaking etc. Its a complete nightmare but if its possible for me to improve its possible for you too. & in your case the damage seems to be purely functional/chemical so 100% reversible theoretically. 

2 minutes ago, Monty95 said:

Yea that just about describes it. Trying to explain it to somebody who hasn't experienced it themselves can be so frustrating and in the end I gave up because its so alien to everyday experience. Like planning, integrating information, spontaneity, accessing multiple sources of information simultaneously etc., I think this combination of higher order functions results in emergent complex brain activity that gives rise to what we experience as the self etc. I did lose coordination but it actually turns out I had a cerebellar stroke around the same time so its been difficult differentiating between the two causes. I'm more inclined to blame the stroke for coordination losses as they seem to be permanent and the injury was in my balance centre. Obviously everyone is different and coordination loss in your case would just signal that a certain area of your brain or pathway influencing your movement has been affected by the medication. Its amazing how much complex processing our brains are responsible for ie generating our entire realities and I too so much of it for granted, like sensing time passing, visual acuity, things you don't generally consider. I've got about 90-95% function back I'd estimate which is so much more than I thought would ever be possible. Just dizziness, visual snow, coordination losses, dystonia, difficulty with planning and accessing information and some short term memory loss but its all mild (with the exception of the dystonia, but I'll take it :) ). I was so impaired at one stage people were noticing just from my demeanour, I looked absolutely blank and vacant and had trouble composing a sentence, my speech was slurred and I was shaking etc. Its a complete nightmare but if its possible for me to improve its possible for you too. & in your case the damage seems to be purely functional/chemical so 100% reversible theoretically. 

Can we chat on discord or on SA chat? I would like to talk more. You give me hope even though I can't feel it. Hope is a higher function after all.

1 hour ago, Albin said:

Can we chat on discord or on SA chat? I would like to talk more. You give me hope even though I can't feel it. Hope is a higher function after all.

Of course we can talk if you think it would help :) Please don't lose hope that things will improve. I can relate to it feeling impossible that things would ever get better but its not reality, people do improve. Is it easier for you to talk on discord or SA? 

Discord would be easier. Thanks.

my name there is mannie12345#8850

Anyone else experiencing complete PSSD? I can't feel any emotion, sexuality or experience pleasure from anything. Orgasm's doesn't exist ofc.

I decided to make a symptoms list:

Symptoms before meds:

OCD (+10 years)

Anxiety/Severe Anxiety (4-5 years)

My Symptoms (continuing declining):

Total body numbness 

Loss of personality

Body mapping failure

Anhedonia

No reward system

No pleasure

No libido

No taste

No smell

Hearing loss

Tunnel vision

Color changes and visual light disturbances (halos etc)

No inner monologue

No train of thoughts

No experience of the now

No experience of memories

No passage of time or ability to sense time

Co-ordination issues

Fatigue

Loss of abilities  (piano, creative writing, gaming etc)

Muscle wastage

Boob-development

Facial muscles wastage,

Swollen body parts, including face,

Ghost-effects from Tardive Dyskinesia, especially in neck

Asthma

Knee and joint stiffness

Dramatically reduced pain-response

No fight or flight

Cognitive impairment

Symptoms that are gone or less pronounced:

Insomnia

Chemically induced anxiety

Inability to swallow and talk

Inability to open my mouth

Automatically movement of the neck

Hello again :) 

Diet and exercise became important as soon as I realised that what I ate and what I did really affected my healing.

I don't eat nearly as well as I should, and exercise is still hard to do due to lack of motivation, but they really helped "kick off" my healing, I feel.

I had/ still do very much have obsessive tendencies myself that some have called a disorder (doctors enjoy labeling), but it really is a big cause of my continued challenges these days. Having a mind that is on your side and not always against, if you know what I mean, is such a weight off of the shoulders...

Your symptoms are just heart-wrenching...

I can relate to almost all of them, as I went through much of it... How painful it was..

I have gained weight and also have puffy nipples, which is not normal. I believe the drug changed something in me on a metabolic level. I was always slim and light weight, and now, I'm chubby. I can't lose the weight. I don't even eat more than I used to! 

I can relate Albin...

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).