Hi, new to this forum. 

Clonazapam 27 yrs, Effexor 22 yrs..weaned off April 9, 2019  ..Seroquel 5yrs, Gabapentin 5 yrs. supplements: magnesium, D3!, B100, plus CBD oil.

Over the past 3 yrs I've been tappering above meds on a rotation..Clonazapam 3 mg  2015 ,May 2019 .50 morning- .75 evening. Seroquel 300mg 2015 ,May 2019 25mg... Gabapentin  2015  900 mg 300 x3 times a day..May 2019-200mg 100mg x2 times a day..

I have tried to taper off 25mg going down to 12.5  of seroquel 3 times ,but had to reinstate..That was before  going off Effexor a month and a half ago..I've recently 4 days ago tried to cut Seroquel in half but found the taper to be to difficult...I thought I would be okay because of been off Effexor but maybe I should of held longer after going off Effexor..It was rough. I'm not sure what my next taper should be..?..Is it better to taper Gabapentin till off completely before Clonazepam? I'm really feeling quite worn out any encouragement or advice would be much appreciated..I've been doing this on my own for so long ,except for the Ashton manual, so I much appreciate finding this group..🙎‍♀️

• ChessieCat changed the title to Summersun: Advice
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Summersun,

And welcome aboard.

It might be a good idea to just hold for a bit on further medication changes.  It looks like you have done a lot of them recently.  How are you today?  No doubt that it is probably really rough for you right now.  And so glad you have decided to join us here.

How did you come off your Effexor?  How did you taper it and over how long?  What dose were you on?

And we can certainly help guide you, as to what you might consider, before making further tapers, and perhaps which medication to work on tapering next.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

^ it's best done on a PC but can be created on a phone device, however it's not viewable from a phone device.  This helps us all out very much.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Summersun said:

Hi, new to this forum. 

Clonazapam 27 yrs,

Effexor 22 yrs..weaned off April 9, 2019  ..

Seroquel 5yrs,

Gabapentin 5 yrs.

supplements: magnesium, D3!, B100, plus CBD oil.

Over the past 3 yrs I've been tappering above meds on a rotation..

Clonazapam 3 mg  2015 ,May 2019 .50 morning- .75 evening.

Seroquel 300mg 2015 ,May 2019 25mg...

Gabapentin  2015  900 mg 300 x3 times a day..May 2019-200mg 100mg x2 times a day..

I have tried to taper off 25mg going down to 12.5  of seroquel 3 times ,but had to reinstate..

That was before  going off Effexor a month and a half ago..

I've recently 4 days ago tried to cut Seroquel in half but found the taper to be to difficult...I thought I would be okay because of been off Effexor but maybe I should of held longer after going off Effexor..It was rough.

I'm not sure what my next taper should be..?..Is it better to taper Gabapentin till off completely before Clonazepam?

I'm really feeling quite worn out any encouragement or advice would be much appreciated..I've been doing this on my own for so long ,except for the Ashton manual, so I much appreciate finding this group..🙎‍♀️

I just did some spacing to your original post.  And it looks like you've got most of the information there to do a signature with.  You might consider first looking at the link.  And then writing out this information again on paper(so you can keep it within the 12 lines allowed in the signature) and going ahead and creating the signature.  Make sure and push the save button when you finish this.  We can see the signatures, at a glance, below each members posts and it's very helpful to us all......members and moderators alike.

And then, if you can, why don't you post, right here, on your introduction page.......just a list.  Note the time of day on the left and then each medication by name and with the dose taken on the right.

And my gosh, no doubt you are feeling worn out.  That's a lot of changes in medications, in a short time period.

I'm also going to leave more links here for you today, as I don't know how much you have gotten around the site yet.  They'll be here for you to take a look at and read through, when you can:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage

So much good information in this ^, please  try and take a preliminary read through.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Taper more than one drug at a time?

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. 
Brain Remodelling

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your individual situation and tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey, as well as communicate with the other members and moderators.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,
manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays
additional link added

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing