SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Thesis & Research Project about SA

annalena

Dear SA community,

my name is Anna-Lena, I am studying anthropology at the University of Vienna and I am currently working on my bachelor’s thesis surrounding the topics of patient-/ consumer empowerment and pharmaceutical emancipation. In this regard, your forum is really interesting, and I would like to get to know your community and day-to-day a little better over the next couple of months. Alto gave me her OK to observe and participate in the forum and maybe to conduct interviews with interested members. No worries, I will ask for your permission individually before quoting anyone and all information will be anonymized!

In case you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them!   
Thank you for your cooperation,

Anna-Lena :)

Have at it!

September 2014 to July 2015 - 20 mg Lexapro, 30mg Mirtazipine

August 2015 to November 2016- 10mg Lexapro, 30 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2017 - 10mg Lexapro, 3.75 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2017 to Mach 2018 - 5mg/2.5mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

Mach 2018 to Dec. 2018 - 0mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

Hi Anna-- welcome to SA.  There is a lot of information here and a lot of different stories to hear.  Please feel free to look around and if you have questions please ask, its a very friendly place. Your project sounds interesting, we would love to hear more about it.

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank for the warm welcome guys :)@brassmonkey That's my experience too so far. Great that you’re interested! I am looking at the dynamic between patients and physicians when it comes to the withdrawal of psychotropic drugs. Online support groups/ networks are the starting point for my analysis since they introduce a new and very interesting party to that relationship. And SA so far seems like a great example, since it is very active and vibrant community!

Anna-Lena

• Mentor

Welcome @annalena. Looking forward to seeing your writings on this topic.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols