SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Sunnysideup: 5 years later ran out of magnesium

Sunnysideup

I used this website to successfully taper off of welbutrin about 5 years ago. Been on a magnesium bishlycinate chelate ever since. Ran out in April and didn’t think about it. Hindsite shows me that for about a month my brain was over processing on a problem I was manic to solve. I solved it. It was fantastic. Never felt so ALIVE until the lack of quality sleep became problematic.  It honestly was best described as good mania which I have never experienced. Connected the sleep to the lack of magnesium. Started back up with a new brand and think I may have doubled my old dose. Sleep improved but became apathetic. 3 days ago I halved my dose. Sleep is good. Caring about life came back. I’m hoping with time the life and energy returns as I figure out the best dose.

Anyone else come to this realization?  

That magnesium is really doing something to our brains???

I honestly didn’t really know what to think but after the last month something is definitely going on. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Sunnysideup: 5 years later ran out of magnesium
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunnysideup and welcome to SA,

Well done on tapering off the Wellbutrin.

I use magnesium and have run out several times.  Each time this has happened I have noticed an increase in my anxiety and whenever I restart it the anxiety lessens.  Here is SA's topic:  magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Were you previously registered under a different member name?  If yes, please let us know what that name was and we can merge the introduction topics so that we can see your history.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management