Asjf

Asjf I’m finally whole again (After 22years On Zoloft and then 5 years off)

Asjf
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone.  

I haven’t checked in in awhile. 

I’m feeling as though it’s safe to say I’m finally 100% free of the withdrawal effects I experienced after 22 years of continuous Zoloft use. I am WELL and no longer experiencing any abnormal physical, neurological or psychological symptoms that I associated with protracted withdrawal from SSRI use. My body and mind has healed. It was a long road but it’s happened. I stopped in November 2014 and it’s been the most challenging journey of my life—but I made it. 

I hope this gives Hope and Resolve to those of you who are still inside of the very challenging and at times terribly confusing space that withdrawal creates. But please believe that full healing is possible. I was so low at points in the last five years that I considered taking my own life many many times. Now I look back on that period and just feel deep compassion for the level of suffering I experienced, and also tremendous gratitude to be here now feeling WHOLE. 

Now the REAL journey begins—learning how to live powerfully and peacefully inside of this life by reprogramming the learned patterns of thought and behavior which, in the past, brought me to a point where I could no longer cope with life on life’s terms—thus bringing me to those mind a soul destroying meds. 

I feel confident that I can achieve a life of true inner peace and joy that I love from this point on and I now have zero doubt at all that removing the medication from my life was the best thing I could have done for myself. 

Much love and gratitude to everyone here who

gave so much support during some very dark times. I’ll always be grateful to you, as well as my wife and family and the few friends I have—you all saved my life.

ADMIN NOTE Asjf's Intro topic is here

Edited by Altostrata
added link

Leo1983

Well done.... 

Go enjoy your hard work.....

MRothbard

Right on! 

mdwstrx

Very inspiring. Congratulations!

Oliver1974

Fantastic!

Any tips? I’ve been on 75mg for a year and I want to titrate off.

regards

Stefan

withhopeinmyheart

Wonderful! Another success, another story of hope for us. Congratulations! 

Altostrata

Asjf, so happy to hear such good news! How did you finally go off pregabalin? Did you have any post-acute withdrawal from that?

What was your original tapering method, when you went off Zoloft?

Hopeinahpwr

God bless!!! I am so happy for you!!! 🙂

JackieDecides
17 hours ago, Asjf said:

I stopped in November 2014 and it’s been the most challenging journey of my life—but I made it. 

I am so glad to see you posting your success story, it's very inspiring! 😃

if you stopped in 2014, how long before you felt completely healed and free from WD? was it just recently and it took the entire 5 years before you really felt healed?

(I am at one year off and wondering how much longer it will take 😋 )

bijay

I am just starting this journey, so thank you for giving me a bit more hope and confidence that the healing can begin ...

Adili13

Love seeing new stories! **** yes ASJF! 

elbee

@Asjf thank you so much for coming back to post your success story! I read through a bit of your original thread, and the courage you discovered in yourself through your W/D journey is really profound. I've no doubt you will draw from those resources moving forward today . . .

On 6/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Asjf said:

Now the REAL journey begins—learning how to live powerfully and peacefully inside of this life

I really appreciate hearing from folks who have some distance from the end of their taper (WD-0), and can provide some perspective from that vantage. Life will always present challenges, but I too want to live my life as fully-human as possible, and that includes not being drugged.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Asjf said:

I feel confident that I can achieve a life of true inner peace and joy that I love from this point on and I now have zero doubt at all that removing the medication from my life was the best thing I could have done for myself. 

Perhaps drop in again from time to time to keep us posted? Best of luck to you in your new life! 👍😉🙏

ComingHome

Thanks so much, asjf, for posting this.  It's so kind and brave to come back and encourage others still caught up in this nightmare.  I'm not very active on this site, as I'm still in the thick of it.  I find it all overwhelming and I focus all my strength on just keeping my head on straight and getting through the days, but I come here often to read the success stories.  

Our timelines and meds are somewhat similar.  I did a too-fast taper off Paxil in late 2015, and suffered greatly.  I then ignorantly cold-turkeyed off Klonopin (clonazepam) in December 2016.  I've been medication-free for almost 30 months now, and 42 months off antidepressants.   Of course much has improved, but I'm far from recovered.  I echo Jackie's question.... how long did it take for you to feel you'd healed?  Did it take the whole five years?   I know it's somewhat selfish to always ask, "How long... how long..??"  But after 42 months of trying to hold on.... well, any hope you can offer would be very welcome.  

Thanks again - I hope you have a beautiful life.  

RandyJames

Congratulations!!!  Thank you for such an encouraging story.  You've been to hell and back and you've shown it's possible for the rest of us as well.  I can't tell you how much I needed this right now.

FarmGirlWorks

Thank you so much, @Asjf!!! Love to read Zoloft success stories because it let's us never forget that healing is not just possible but inevitable.