Matata44

Matata44: feeling very sleepy with Lexapro

Matata44

Hello, My English is not that good but I will try my best. 

I’ve been taking Escitalopram for over a month now after a very hard benzo and Pregabalin withdrawal. It seems like now my anxiety is getting better and I no longer have derealization. My doctor put me on 10mg and after 3 weeks he upped to 20mg. The first symptoms when I started Escitalopram (nausea and increased anxiety) eventually subsided. The only thing that I still experience is little depression, very low energy and sleepiness. I don’t know if this will subside too because I’m 23 years old and currently studying in Russia. I really miss my energy and motivation.

Thank you very much for any information.

I am very happy with this website. 

Songbird

Hi Matata, welcome to SA.  You're English looks pretty good to me.  I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time withdrawing from the benzo and pregabalin.  I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.  The symptoms you're currently experiencing may be side effects of the escitalopram - it's a very strong drug and 20mg is quite a big dose.  How long have you been at 20mg now?

It would be helpful if you could please create a signature containing a summary of your med history, including all drugs, doses and dates (starting and stopping).  Your signature appears below every post you make, and allows us see your situation easily without having to read your topic from the top every time.   You could look at my signature for an example.  Instructions for creating your signature are here: Please put your withdrawal history in your signature.  You can edit your signature here: edit your signature in Account Settings.

When you feel ready, we can help you to taper off the escitalopram very slowly.  Please have a good read around the site.  Here are some topics to get you started:

Before you begin tapering - what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The rule of 3KIS - keep it simple keep it slow keep it stable

Please post all your updates and questions about your situation here in your introduction topic, and we will try to help you as best we can.

laydefish

Welcome too the Group!

Altostrata

Welcome, Matata.

What time of day do you take Lexapro? When did you increase to 20mg? Were you also sleepy on 10mg?