Andi: introducing myself

Andi

• Administrator

Did you cut up a venlafaxine tablet? It seems whatever you took, it was too much.

Did you get the neck pain symptom? As the pill wore off, how did you feel?

We advise people to use a liquid so they can measure more accurately.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes i cut up a mini tablet, it was so small that it must have been 0,3mg or something. Really small. I cant believe that this actually had such an influence. 

My neck seemed to get a little bit irritated yes. So i have given up on this medicine right now. Apparently i have become extremely sensitive to this medicine. I wonder if its just Venlafaxine. Im very scared to try anything else right now but the idea that i have to live like this forever is killing me. Its so weird because 2 years ago i was withdrawing from Lexapro and after 4 months started Venlafaxine without to much issues. I wonder if i would have had the same reaction had i reinstated the Lexapro. Maybe a different medicine would make me feel much better. Im just very scared after reading al the stories on this site.

Im still feeling a bit weird now that the pill wore off. More anxiety and heavy feeling. But better then on the pill.

Yeah i know about the liquid but its just to complicated for me. 

2012: Started Lexapro

2017: October, Quit Lexapro cold Turkey.

2018 February started Venlafaxine 37,5mg because of discontinuation problems (Which psychiatrist didnt realised). After 2 weeks upped dose to 75mg. Could not move my neck anymore and burning pain. March: Decreased dose to 37,5mg felt better after that.

2018: November, started tapering Venlafaxine because of annoying side effects.

2019: February, quit Venlafaxine.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a week now and i had worse anxiety for a week after taking approximately 0.5 mg of Venlafaxine for 1 day. It seems to have settled now because i feel the same as before except for 1 issue and that is that i have this tingling feeling in my muscles/nerves every now and then. Its nothing bad, it actually feels kinda nice. But i wonder if anybody has an idea of what happened? Was this an adverse reaction? I woke up in the middle of the night with a feeling like i had the flue and had a lot of anxiety in my stomach. I had never experienced anything like this before, never an increase in anxiety. Again when i had withdrawal from Lexapro, after 4 months i started Venlafaxine, i felt better within 3 days. Like normal. So i still wonder if i could reinstate a diferent SSRI? Not that im doing it right now but i need to know my options. What is also interesting by the way is that my emotional impulses seem to have settled down slightly since that reinstatement. I cried every day and know i have not cried for over a week. So thats actually a positive thing. Does anybody have a clue? 

Oh yeah just to add to the weird things. 2 weeks ago i took a little bit of a potassium supplement, below the recommended dose. I couldn't sleep the whole night and also felt very weird in my head. Why? I am taking magnesium without issue. I also took fish oil without problems. Luckily i dont have any cognitive issues or anyting. My main issues are heightened emotions with anxiety being the worst. Tinnitus, my sleep pattern is still off but atleast i sleep for a couple of hours. I have music in my head 24/7, this all started with Venlafaxine but hasn't gone away. And i have muscle weakness and as soon as there is a heavy emotion im shiverring and shaking. 

Well anyways im going to try to wait and see if things get better but i do feel like i need some plans. I have been reading some stories on this site and i will quit doing that because it makes me feel worse. The idea that you have to wait years for improvement seems insane. Oh yeah one more thing: i have a symptom where if i tense my facial muscles they wil start to twitch violently, my cheeks and my mouth. Like if i try to fake smile my corners of my mouth start twitching immediately. Its not anxiety. Will these things recover? I surely hope so. Anyway thanks for reading and dont be afraid to comment, i really appreciate it.

2018 February started Venlafaxine 37,5mg because of discontinuation problems (Which psychiatrist didnt realised). After 2 weeks upped dose to 75mg. Could not move my neck anymore and burning pain. March: Decreased dose to 37,5mg felt better after that.

• 1 month later...

I dont know exactly where to put this, but i hope a lot of people in The Netherlands can read this! Iam looking for people who have wihdrawal issues and maybe support me in trying to form a group and take action. Now im not sure yet how whe can do this but ideas etc are very welcome. I am personally in a conflict with my doctor right know because he keeps ignoring my problems. He doesnt want to listen and makes completely false arguments as if my problems are all created in my head! The same goes for my psychiatrist. Nobody takes this serious and i really feel obligated to do something because not only is my own life a living hell but other people who are still healthy right know might take an antidepressant in the future and enter the hell aswell. Im simply searching for people who can attest to the fact that these medicine can destroy you'r life, we can form a group and put pressure on doctors, psychiatrists etc to atleast not ignore us. I hope to hear from people!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

You could post in this SA topic:  dutch-check-in-the-netherlands

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 years later...

Andi, I have moved the topic you started on Burning Sensations into the already existing thread. Please post in the right thread.  the burning sensations while taking the drug of during withdrawal have the same source - a dysregulated nervous system. 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate