InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Shep

Because it takes 4 days for your nervous system to register a change and a week or more to adjust, these upticks in anxiety and depression may simply be your nervous system adjusting. Hopefully this will fade out soon. If not, it's okay to hold longer than you've been holding with prior reductions.

InChristAlone

Well, I’m feeling a kind of crappy today. Woke up anxious and feeling a little depressed. I have gotten off on taking my meds on time because I’m on Christmas Break and sleeping in later. I have felt mostly good for a few weeks though, so I’m hanging in there. 

Shep

In addition to being off schedule with your drugs, are you eating sweets and other foods you normally don't due to the holidays? If so, you may be triggering some symptoms.

You may want to go back to your regular drug schedule and diet (if you've made any changes) so you feel better before going back to work. 

Glad you've been doing well prior to this wave. 

InChristAlone

Yea, I’ve been eating terrible. Actually felt much better yesterday. I’ve been stayin  up late and sleeping late. I’m way off schedule. I will try and get back on schedule. It would probably help a lot. Thank you Shep! 

InChristAlone

I’m having the longest stretch of feeling decent I have had since this journey began a couple years ago. I haven’t made a cut since December. I will probably make a cut to Effexor at the end of this week. 

it has been nice to feel mostly good. Mid afternoon doesn’t always feel good, but it passes by evening. I hope anybody who reads this knows there is hope. 12-16 months ago I didn’t feel like I wanted to live anymore. My faith has brought me through many storms though. Prayers for anybody struggle. Hang in there. Fight the fight for as long as it takes. 

Shep

Thanks for the update, InChrist. Glad to read things are going so well. 

InChristAlone

Made my first Effexor cut since December on February 14th. Cut by 10%. I’m now down to 101mg. 

Shep

How are you feeling? 

InChristAlone

Not too bad. I had a couple of moments where I felt somewhat depressed, but this is better than my last cuts since far. Thank you for asking! 

Shep

Excellent update! 

InChristAlone

Been doing mostly good. Days aren’t perfect, but a lot of good stretches each day. Other moments are manageable. Cut my Effexor today to 93 mg. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Shep

Thanks for the update, InChrist. Glad to read you're doing well. 

InChristAlone

Yesterday I cut my Effexor to 75mg daily. It was a larger cut that I’m suppose to make. I’ve been doing really good and just found out my primary care dr is now out of network. I’m not sure I can find another one who will continue to work with me, so I cut a little extra. We’ll see how it goes. 

Altostrata

What are you taking now, at what dosages and what times of day?

Please let us know how you're doing.

InChristAlone

I take 75mg of Effexor in the morning, 0.1mg if Klonopin twice a day, and Nexium 20mg in the morning. 

I have been doing really well for a while now. I have moments most days where I feel bad for a bit, but I know it will pass. It doesn’t bother me too much. I feel the best I’ve felt since this mess started a little over 2 years ago. 

Altostrata

If I were you, I wouldn't make additional changes for a month, let your nervous system accommodate. Please let us know how you're doing.

InChristAlone

Been doing really good until the last few days. Somehow, I forgot my does of Klonopin on Saturday Night. It seems to have brought on a set back. My brain has been foggy this week, some anxiety, and depression. I guess a missed dose can cause some short term issues. I know it will pass. I felt really good leading up to that. 

ChessieCat

Hang in there and take care of yourself.  At least you know the probable cause and hopefully things will improve quickly.  It might take one or two weeks so just keep reminding yourself that you know why you feel like you do and that your brain needs a bit of time and extra TLC.

And don't beat yourself up over it, we all make mistakes.  I've mixed up my doses a few times during my taper.  I've now got better systems in place to try to reduce the possibility of missed/wrong dosing.

And hold off on any tapering for a while.  Give your brain a chance to get stable.  A longer hold now might help prevent the need for an even longer hold or updose down the track.

I've just noticed that you made a large reduction in your Effexor in May.  Alto has already commented saying:

On 5/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, Altostrata said:

If I were you, I wouldn't make additional changes for a month, let your nervous system accommodate. Please let us know how you're doing.

From your drug signature:

Effexor: August 2018-150mg. Sept. 2019-139 mg. Oct. 2019-122mg Dec 2019-112mg Feb. 2020-101mg Apr 2020-93mg

May 2020-75mg

SA recommends reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose with a hold of about 4 weeks to allow your brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

Your reduction from 93mg to 75mg was a 19.3548% decrease.

If it was me, I would definitely be doing a long hold now and stabilising instead of risking it catching up and possibly being worse and/or longer down the track.