☼ Cocopuffz17: paroxetine free, but not trouble free

Cocopuffz17

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey just popping in to say that I had read a few of your posts on your intro and in other places talking about nutrition and the gut-brain connection. I feel very similarly to you about the central role of good nutrition in maintaining emotional health and also in assisting with an effective taper. Kudos to you for making changes in your lifestyle and promoting the benefits! 

I've eaten a gluten-free and dairy-free diet for the past six years or so (before even starting my AD, which I was put on for concussion headaches) and my commitment to good nutrition has helped me and my family manage this withdrawal and other health issues. A word of note to you, I find that in my waves I have very little appetite but what I do crave is probiotic-rich foods like coconut yogurt, sauerkraut, and kombucha. Have you found benefit with these?

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

• Mentor
7 hours ago, composter said:

A word of note to you, I find that in my waves I have very little appetite but what I do crave is probiotic-rich foods like coconut yogurt, sauerkraut, and kombucha. Have you found benefit with these?

Hey, Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I know without nutrition changes I would be going through a very very very hard situation right now. I can even see it flare up when I make poor nutrition choices. I love sauerkraut and eat a lot of it, never did before I changed my diet. I have not tried the others, I didn’t even realize they made coconut yogurt. Thanks for the info I will check them out! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

11 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Today was good. Decent energy levels all day. Slight metallic taste in mouth, tinnitus,  and a slight headache. That’s another day down! 

glad you're getting some good days.

I get the metallic taste too sometimes...wonder what causes that.

I have tinnitus ,too but don't know if it's wd related.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Mentor
14 minutes ago, direstraits said:

glad you're getting some good days.

I get the metallic taste too sometimes...wonder what causes that.

I have tinnitus ,too but don't know if it's wd related.

Thanks, appreciate you stopping by. Ya, I wonder that to. I have good teeth and they used to be extremely bright white, but as I have come off this drug I’ve noticed they became stained(black and brown spots), but the odd part is the staining goes away in time and not from cleaning my teeth.  It’s as if my teeth became in a “normal” state on the drug and now that I’m off it’s causing them to go back to true normal. But the stains have progressively disappeared the longer I’ve been off the drug. 

I would say the tinnitus is. There is serotonin receptors in your ear drums and I never had tinnitus before the drug or on it. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yup! I have tinnitus during my waves and its most definitely because of withdrawal and the healing process. Regarding teeth issues, a lot of people here have bruxism/teeth grinding issues. I'd recommend a mouth guard to wear at night, you can get one from your dentist. This process is so mysterious so it's good to develop your own personal toolkit for healing.

Re: the coconut yogurt. I get mine from Whole Foods or any natural food stores. There are some good brands out there! Cashew, almond, coconut yogurts. Add some blueberries and hemp seeds and its delicious!

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, composter said:

Yup! I have tinnitus during my waves and its most definitely because of withdrawal and the healing process. Regarding teeth issues, a lot of people here have bruxism/teeth grinding issues. I'd recommend a mouth guard to wear at night, you can get one from your dentist. This process is so mysterious so it's good to develop your own personal toolkit for healing.

Re: the coconut yogurt. I get mine from Whole Foods or any natural food stores. There are some good brands out there! Cashew, almond, coconut yogurts. Add some blueberries and hemp seeds and its delicious!

Funny you mention that. I had to get one 2-3 years ago because I was grinding my teeth really bad. But now that I’ve come off the drug I don’t do it anymore and stopped wearing my mouth guard. I’ll see what I can find for coconut yogurt. I use abit of coconut oil in cooking. Thanks again! 

• Mentor

Weekend and today have been great! Went canoeing on the river all day! Got tons of sun! Energy levels are returning and have been able to start back at my regular workout routine. Slight bits of anxiety, just little flares and go away. 

8 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Weekend and today have been great! Went canoeing on the river all day! Got tons of sun! Energy levels are returning and have been able to start back at my regular workout routine. Slight bits of anxiety, just little flares and go away. 

yay!😄

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Mentor

Well I went all out in sports tonight. We will see if maxing out my physical capability will cause WD spikes in the next few days.

• Mentor

Canoeing sounds like a blast!!! Good for you! 😊

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Jul 16 trazodone from 100 to 50 mg.

Jun 17-July 10 Slowly changed gab fr pill to liquid at same dose 100 mg 4x/d.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Mar 16, 450 mg gaba 3x/day cut 600 mg--not exact!--updose after learning w/d

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

July 2018 started gabapentin 100 3x/day; titrated up to 1800 mg (600 3x/day)

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

*I speak from my experience. Nothing I say is medical advice. I'm not a doctor.

• Mentor
49 minutes ago, ShiningLight said:

Canoeing sounds like a blast!!! Good for you! 😊

It was awesome! I failed to realize how critical vitamin D is for recovery and how deficient most people are. I’ve always burned and turned ghost white again. Since changing my diet I tan now and feel way better after sun exposure. Thanks, appreciate it! 

• Mentor

Joints are irritated in my wrist,knees and lower back. Never really had this before. I will definitely take this slight discomfort rather than brain fog and fatigue though! Today is 216 days off of Paroxetine, just over 7 months. Lets keep it rolling! Everyday that passes is another day closer to healing! 😃

• Mentor

Decent day in the AM. Afternoon is abit more challenging. Metallic taste in mouth, headache, stiff wrists and slight anxiety flare ups.

• Mentor

Really bad fatigue in the AM, did not get up till 10 Am. Feeling better now, slight metallic taste in mouth and muscle spasms. Did my workout though. Each day that passes is another day closer to being healed :) 

• Mentor

Slight tinnitus, headache, metallic taste in mouth and abit of brain fog. Symptoms are definitely lessening in severity!

• Mentor

Yesterday was a decent day. I had muscle spasms, tinnitus, metallic taste in mouth, after images and slight anxiety spikes. As long as the fatigue stays away these are very manageable withdrawal symptoms. 

I have been working fulltime at a job for the last 7 months since coming off  Paroxetine.

Needless to say I know I would of not been able to do this without healing my gut. Nutrition is medicine! Every day that passes is another day closer to being healed! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Whouah,  thank you so much Cocopuffz for sharing this with us! 

Reading your improvments has a sweet taste of hope :)

Wish youmy best!

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor
56 minutes ago, Erell said:

Whouah,  thank you so much Cocopuffz for sharing this with us! 

Reading your improvments has a sweet taste of hope :)

Wish youmy best!

You are welcome! It’s nuts to me how the waves and windows pattern is so accurate. The withdrawals come and go and lessen in severity each time. I remember being so fatigued it was a struggle to keep my eyes open. 

That is great! You will get there! 

Thanks, all the best to you as well. 

4 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Yesterday was a decent day. I had muscle spasms, tinnitus, metallic taste in mouth, after images and slight anxiety spikes. As long as the fatigue stays away these are very manageable withdrawal symptoms. 

I have been working fulltime at a job for the last 7 months since coming off  Paroxetine.

Needless to say I know I would of not been able to do this without healing my gut. Nutrition is medicine! Every day that passes is another day closer to being healed! 

What have you done to heal your gut? J would be interested in this.

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

June 2018 - Novemeber 2019: Lexapro 10mgs

August 2018 - Current: Zyprexa added for early morning extreme anxiety

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

May 1st, 2019 - Current - Zoloft 50mgs, 2.5mg Zyprexa 

• Mentor
16 minutes ago, thelegend said:

What have you done to heal your gut? J would be interested in this.

Hey! I did a complete 180 on my nutrition. I came across a lifestyle outlined in the book The Plant Paradox by Dr.Gundry. I followed his book to reverse my autoimmune disease (alopecia). With my alopecia reversing I had the added benefit of feeling the best I ever felt in my life. So then that gave me the courage to come of this medication. 

The whole theory behind his book is to avoid lectins. They cause GI issues and since I have had better nutrition, any high lectin foods cause me mild to severe discomfort so I avoid them. Now I know the autoimmune diseases I have had in my life were from nutrition, but more from medication and the destructive effect it has on our gut microbiome. I literally don’t have food sensitivities to foods that used to make me break out in a full body rash after healing my leaky gut. The results are absolutely amazing.... especially considering I’ve been to numerous doctors over the last 5 years and have had no progress. The best progress I’ve had is with nutrition changes and now I am off my medication from changing the foods I consume.

I do supplement as well, if you are interested but that I can post it when I get to a computer. 

Feel free to ask any questions! 

• Mentor

Tinnitus, minor headache, slight after images, some muscle spasms. No fatigue though!!! Whoop whoop bring on tomorrow! 

I have the same as u do :)

fatigue too but we will heal one day 

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• Mentor
46 minutes ago, shawny said:

I have the same as u do :)

fatigue too but we will heal one day 

That we will. Every minute that passes is another minute closer to healing!

• Moderator Emeritus

I wish you a sweet recovery ,it looks like you're doing amazingly great! :)

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor
3 hours ago, Erell said:

I wish you a sweet recovery ,it looks like you're doing amazingly great! :)

Thank you! I am doing well most the time. Some days are challenging but with the help of this community I know they are temporary and will pass! I hope all the best for you as well! 

• Mentor

Today was good. Slight after images and the last few days a slight bout of insomnia has came back. Energy is at a good level, no fatigue. Everyday that passes is another day closer to being fully healed! 

• Moderator Emeritus

YEAH ! 😄

Please keep telling us  : I like To read everyday that you're feeling better ! It is so positive for our minds!

Current medication :

• Mentor
On 10/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, Erell said:

YEAH ! 😄

Please keep telling us  : I like To read everyday that you're feeling better ! It is so positive for our minds!

You are welcome! Insomnia is coming back abit, but I am not taking melatonin this time and just falling asleep normally. Still getting 6-7 hours of sleep.

I went all out in rec sports last night, 120 minutes of dodgeball. It was soooo fun! So many throws!!! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi sweet Cocopuffz!

Thank you for stopping by on my thread! :)

You talk a lot about nutrition and how you have changed yours. Would you agree To explain us a bit more ?

- what are the main changes you've made?

- what are the best foods according To you?

- could you write for us an example of what you eat in a day?

Thank you so much for repeating your sentence " 

On 10/2/2019 at 7:00 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Everyday that passes is another day closer to being fully healed! 

I love it and keep reading it 😄

Wish you my best!!!

Current medication :

• Mentor
31 minutes ago, Erell said:

Hi sweet Cocopuffz!

Thank you for stopping by on my thread! :)

You talk a lot about nutrition and how you have changed yours. Would you agree To explain us a bit more ?

- what are the main changes you've made?

- what are the best foods according To you?

- could you write for us an example of what you eat in a day?

Thank you so much for repeating your sentence " 

I love it and keep reading it 😄

Wish you my best!!!

Hey! So kind you are! :)

I'll leave a link here https://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/aa-for-3-4-years-partial-au-for-1-2-years-i-have-100-regrowth-on. This is my autoimmune disease thread I have been documenting for sometime. I first realized nutrition was beneficial based on the results I got from going on a paleo diet around 3 years ago. I didn't get full success and got discouraged and resumed my old eating habits. Which led to my condition worsening again.

I found a book after doing some googling and than an ad came up on leaky gut. The odd part to me was the ad was over 45 minutes long, seems odds for an ad, right? So I watched all of it and was fascinated by the info in it. The book is The Plant Paradox by Dr.Gundry. This guy is one of the top heart surgeons in the world and quit his job because he realized he can save more peoples lives with nutrition rather than surgery. 

After only 4-6 weeks of eating this way I FELT BETTER than I have ever in my whole life. Like my focus was through the roof. I never ever ever ever experienced anything like that before. This is what let me know that I would be able to come off this medication. 

what are the main changes you've made?

I follow a lectin limited diet laid out in that book. I would say it was about a 98% change in the type of foods from my old eating habits. I completely cut out dairy, grains and alot of vegetables I used to eat(potatoes and beans). I went from a 40%-50% meat diet to rarely eating meats and when I do its a maximum of 8 oz per day and is wild caught fish 99% of the time. 

what are the best foods according To you?

I eat a ton of olives and lots of olive oil. I get roughly 8000-10000 calories a week from this source and have been for almost a year. Lots of leafy greens (spinach, arugula, swiss chard, romaine lettuce) I keep my eating very simple. There are tons of tasty recipes, but I haven't dabbled that far in, especially someday's with WD's being overwhelming. 

could you write for us an example of what you eat in a day?

Absolutely, here is my day.

Fast 6 pm - 10 am daily, I've been doing it for almost a year

10 am - guacamole and walnuts/pecans/pistachios

Noon - Leafy green and carrots

5 pm - Sorghum (Its one of a few lectin free grains) I pop it and put LOTS of olive oil and it and mix scrambled eggs in there(Omega 3 ones), 1 oz dark chocolate, garlic stuffed olives and rotate between cauliflower, broccoli and sauerkraut.

Almost all of the stuff I get is organic. Alot I get at costco. The tricky part is meat. Because fish must be wild caught, not farm raised. The beef I eat needs to be grass raised and grass finished. Alot of cattle are finished with grains to fatten them up. You are eating what your meat ate and if they ate a ton of grains you are getting that through the meat you eat. 

Thanks, I am hoping the best for you as well! Everyday that passes is another day closer to being fully healed! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so much for all these explainations!!! 😚

Current medication :

• Mentor
32 minutes ago, Erell said:

Thank you so much for all these explainations!!! 😚

You are welcome! If you have any questions ask away! I do take a handful of supplements as well. I can give you that list if you are interested. 

• Mentor

Well I had a 8 hr non complaint span of not following my nutrition plan on the weekend.(McDonald’s and liquor)  It’s tough at times, but WDs have a habit of reminding you who the boss is. So time to dial it back in and get at it. 

I haven’t had insomnia in months and the last two days have been tough. Last night I got 3 hrs of sleep. Tonight has been 2 so far. I haven’t resorted to melatonin yet. 

Grrrrr, poor choice on my part. Live, Learn and be better! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi you!

I assume you already know that but I strongly recommend you To keep your body away from alcohol. 

I really believe that my benzo taper lasted because I didn't quit alcohol, believing that I could still have the same way of life.

Everytime I drank liquors, everytime I ended in a pretty misérable state.

You seem To do great, and your recovery really seem To be happening. Don't compromise it ;)😙

Current medication :

• Mentor
9 minutes ago, Erell said:

Hi you!

I assume you already know that but I strongly recommend you To keep your body away from alcohol. 

I really believe that my benzo taper lasted because I didn't quit alcohol, believing that I could still have the same way of life.

Everytime I drank liquors, everytime I ended in a pretty misérable state.

You seem To do great, and your recovery really seem To be happening. Don't compromise it ;)😙

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. You are 100% right I was out with friends and having fun and made a poor choice. 

Good point, can’t expect to do the same things and have a different outcome.... that is insanity!!! 

Yes, I need to get that last 2-3 percent that i am slipping and dial it in. Thanks for refreshing my mind on the situation. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh how I understand you ! 

As soon as we get better we Forget our situation..and just wanna live a 'normal ' life. I've made this mistake so many times  : drinking alcohol, partying, sleeping only a bit in the weekend..having fun!

It's hard To accept, but your brain is not in a "normal " situation  : he  still is healing and trying To find his equilibrium. Everytime we add  drugs, and alcohol is one, our  CNS panick because it compromises all the work je has done.

It took me time To accept it. But now I know I have To accept that I won't be anymore the partying girl I used To be. :)

Feeling good and healthy is too important  ;)

Current medication :