☼ Cocopuffz17: paroxetine free, but not trouble free

Cocopuffz17

Wow, what a story...was great to see the pics of before and now. 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

@Cocopuffz17, you were always a model of motivation and patience.

So happy for u ❤️

Keep going and remember, you are now stronger and wiser, you faced alot of problems and won ✌️..

Keep challenging .

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
On 4/15/2020 at 4:46 AM, sunnysideup69 said:

Wow, what a story...was great to see the pics of before and now. 

Thanks, the struggle made me stronger! I did not think I would get through this. I am on the up and up though! 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, mustafa said:

@Cocopuffz17, you were always a model of motivation and patience.

So happy for u ❤️

Keep going and remember, you are now stronger and wiser, you faced alot of problems and won ✌️..

Keep challenging .

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words! I never used to have patience, this has definitely taught me that it is needed and can be done ! 

Well I am having a challenging day today(extremely hard time focusing and strong headaches)..... I was unsure what may have been causing it. I decided to drink regular coffee today rather than decaf and this is the first time I have done this in months. It is 100% the caffeine. I will definitely be going back to decaf for the future. Wow.... that rocked me really quick! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Well I am having a challenging day today(extremely hard time focusing and strong headaches)..... I was unsure what may have been causing it. I decided to drink regular coffee today rather than decaf and this is the first time I have done this in months. It is 100% the caffeine. I will definitely be going back to decaf for the future. Wow.... that rocked me really

Take care and let everything be back gradually.

Your nervous systemay be still sensitive to caffeine so no problem..

Again take care and be careful my dear .

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
4 hours ago, mustafa said:

Take care and let everything be back gradually.

Your nervous systemay be still sensitive to caffeine so no problem..

Again take care and be careful my dear .

Thanks, I appreciate it! Will do!

How are things with you?

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

If you want to drink coffee with caffeine you have to slowly get used to it.

Going from zero caffeine to a normal coffee is definitely too much for your nervous system. I also had this in the past. In the beginning you can try to mix the decaf coffee with the normal coffee, say 80/20 and slowly over the course of a few days build up to full caffeinated coffee. Tolerance to caffeine happens very fast. This worked for me pretty well :)

in the beginning I had massive panic attacks just from drinking a bit of coca cola, now I drink a 2-3 coffees a day without any problem!

But maybe your nervous system is still too unstable, and it might not work this way. Be careful!

Panic attacks starting june 2015
Got dependent on tavor (lorazepam).
Started tapering with Diazepam in october 2016 Ending April 2017. benzo free since then!
Developed major depression sept 2017, was prescribed 20mg of escitalopramTried to quit ssri in april 2018 (2 weeks taper, way too fast). July 1st 2018 tried to reinstate with 10mg and feeling much worse. Reduced dosage to 5mg On july 13th 2018. I felt a bit better but not well at all. September 2018 I reduced to 4mgs, then started tapering as soon as i got a bit better.

- 2mgs of escitalopram in the beginning of July 2019, holding for 9 weeks, experienced horrible symptoms. Turned myself into a psychiatric hospital on september 20th. last dose of escitalopram 2mg on september 23rd.

- september 24th: switched to 10mgs Fluoxetine

- oktober 18th: added Olanzapine 5mg

- November 12th: surgery with major anesthesia

Supplements: 3g EPA+DHA, 600mg Curcumin, sometimes 60ug Vit. D

Currently 10MG FLUOXETINE AND 5MG OLANZAPINE and trying to stabilize.

• Mentor
13 hours ago, Gaebbi said:

If you want to drink coffee with caffeine you have to slowly get used to it.

Going from zero caffeine to a normal coffee is definitely too much for your nervous system. I also had this in the past. In the beginning you can try to mix the decaf coffee with the normal coffee, say 80/20 and slowly over the course of a few days build up to full caffeinated coffee. Tolerance to caffeine happens very fast. This worked for me pretty well :)

in the beginning I had massive panic attacks just from drinking a bit of coca cola, now I drink a 2-3 coffees a day without any problem!

But maybe your nervous system is still too unstable, and it might not work this way. Be careful!

Thanks for the advice. For now I am just going to avoid it. I will do it that way when I go back to drinking it! Thank you! 

• Mentor

After that little blip on the weekend with caffeine I am back to feeling good. 14 months and 10 days paroxetine free. Each month my remaining symptoms get better. The ones I still notice are headaches(these have been constant from the first week of tapering that was 17 months ago, lessening in severity each month) , tinnitus, slight bouts with insomnia and flushing of the my arms and legs this happens about once a week. 

C,how long it took for you to feel better after reaching 0?

20 mg seroxat from December 2012, several failed attempts to quit.

Last attempt in 2019 resulted in terrible crush after being 3 months drug free (13. feb 2020)

1 March 2020 reinstated 10 mg seroxat

July 2020 began slow taper.

• Mentor
29 minutes ago, Melissa03 said:

C,how long it took for you to feel better after reaching 0?

The 3 month taper was terrible for 1-2 months post zero I felt good and then PAWS hit and I felt awful for a solid 7-8 months. I have progressively been getting better though. I fast tapered as well. 

My dear @Cocopuffz17,

As iam not completely recovered from withdrawlas and sometimes I have critical and severe symptomts, for countless number of times, I have to thank u for recommending me foods of Dr grundery nuitrition in his book;

Now I understand why you always mention how thanks to this book, you could get through this tough situation; these foods rescued me in alot, alot of situations..

Thanks alot for sharing me a such fantastic thing.

@Erell, @Vegalia

• Mentor
13 hours ago, mustafa said:

My dear @Cocopuffz17,

As iam not completely recovered from withdrawlas and sometimes I have critical and severe symptomts, for countless number of times, I have to thank u for recommending me foods of Dr grundery nuitrition in his book;

Now I understand why you always mention how thanks to this book, you could get through this tough situation; these foods rescued me in alot, alot of situations..

Thanks alot for sharing me a such fantastic thing.

@Erell, @Vegalia

Hey! They will continue to get better. I remember wanting to quit eating this nutrition lifestyle and revert back to my old habits when things got tough. I am glad I did not. I would say I am sitting at 85% healed from this medication. 

You are welcome! Yes, it is hard to explain the change. But in a short time frame I could not believe the positive changes in my health from changing the foods I put in my body. 

Have a great weekend :)

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :D 

• Mentor

Woohoo.... definitely hitting a stride here. I biked over 40 miles in the last 3 days and put in another 350 push and 350 situps as well. The improvements are still coming. I will never forget that time frame when I was unable to do 1 push up per day when fatigue was so crushing. Keep pushing!

Everyday that passes is another day closer to being healed :) 

• Mentor

Wow wow 😮 I am so happy for you😃 You are thriving, what an amazing job. Keep rocking it💪 
You are truly an inspiration🙏
Cant wait until I get my energy back😅 
Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend 

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Wow wow 😮 I am so happy for you😃 You are thriving, what an amazing job. Keep rocking it💪 
You are truly an inspiration🙏
Cant wait until I get my energy back😅 
Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend 

Thanks!! It will come keep at it ! 

You as well! Get out and enjoy the sun! 

• Mentor

Closing in on 15 months off paroxetine. The improvements from the worst parts till now are amazing. I still have headaches and tinnitus (they are much much less than they were during the acute and post acute phases). I do have a slight muscle twitch in my left arm and right leg. It randomly comes and goes. It is also getting better. 

Overall I would of never thought I would be feeling this good. After how awful I felt for the year after I started this journey(3 month taper and 9 months post taper).

I have been working out 5 days or more a week and hitting 150-300 situps/pushups per day. Some days are challenging.... but I draw back on the time when I was laying on the ground crying that I was unable to do one push up per day. It drives me through! 

I do notice when my nutrition slips it will start a wave.... I added a snack that had a bit more sugar than I have been eating and within a day or two I got worse headaches/tinnitus so I removed them from my diet. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) Be strong everyone you will get through this!!! 

• Mentor

This post gives us so much hope. Thank you for sharing.

6 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed

Love this, and so true🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Hey @Cocopuffz17 I was reading your thread, and I was wondering, how long did it take before you saw some improvement with fatigue, anhedonia and anxiety. 
Take care and have a good one🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Hey @Cocopuffz17 I was reading your thread, and I was wondering, how long did it take before you saw some improvement with fatigue, anhedonia and anxiety. 
Take care and have a good one🙏

The crushing fatigue was about a year. I had brief windows where it wasn't terrible to handle. But some days I was so gassed out I could barely function doing basic tasks. Anxiety kind of came and went and has slightly resurfaced in this wave. But It will pass like everything else. Anhedonia is still around a slight bit and is annoying but it has improved greatly from the beginning!!! 

How are you?

Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

• Mentor

Little update.  So about a week ago I ran out of my magnesium supplement. I have been taking 300 mg for some time now... maybe a year? Id have to go back and look in my notes. I wanted to see if it was really doing much. The last few days I have had a noticeable spike in anxiety, headaches and tinnitus. So I am going to go pick some up and continue back at taking it and see if the symptoms lessen again. 

Each day that passes is one day closer to being healed :):)

• Mentor

Thank you for the information. 
I am struggling with fatigue, anxiety and anhedonia. 
But we will make it coco, you have come so far. 
Take care always 🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

• Mentor

I have resumed my magnesium and feel way better. My anxiety has definitely dropped. The headaches/tinnitus are fairly constant. I did have a 20 minute bout of uncontrollable left calf spasms today. It left as fast as it came. Other than these slight blips I am doing well! 

glad you're feeling better!

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Mentor
On 5/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, direstraits said:

glad you're feeling better!

Thanks. Reinstating the 300 mg of magnesium made all the anxiety go away. So I will keep using it till I feel more confident in coming off of it. 

I have noticed my libido is coming back....I have felt little emotion to the opposite sex in the last 16 ish months, that is starting to change. It is a sign of continued healing and I LOVE IT! 

I started waking up abit earlier and today I crushed out 20 miles on the bike and 300 situps and 300 pushups before 5:30 AM, fatigue is in the rearview. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

It is a sign of continued healing and I LOVE IT! 

So so happy for you. You are for sure reaching the other side. I can only imagine how awesome it feels. I also need my magnesium every day, and it truly helps. 
I can see that your success story is coming in the near future, another Paxil survivor, YES💪
All the best to you always 🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Iam  So happy for you, @Cocopuffz17,

You are a model for all of us ❤️.

Keep going, you will get it soon.

21 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I started waking up abit earlier and today I crushed out 20 miles on the bike and 300 situps and 300 pushups before 5:30 AM, fatigue is in the rearview. 

WOW! Can u send me some of that energy?🙂

good for you!

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Mentor
15 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

So so happy for you. You are for sure reaching the other side. I can only imagine how awesome it feels. I also need my magnesium every day, and it truly helps. 
I can see that your success story is coming in the near future, another Paxil survivor, YES💪
All the best to you always 🙏

It feels like one of those pinch me moments. Like is this real.... around 12 months prior to this I thought I was never going to make it and never get through it. I trusted the people who have gone through it and said it will happen. This is definitely trending in the right direction.  Ya, apparently it was doing lots! I will keep using it until I feel more comfortable coming off. I am glad you are getting good results with it as well! I do notice loose stools sometimes, but that is a minor price to pay for the other benefits it is providing. 

Thanks! I appreciate it! 

You will get through this! All the best to you :) 

15 hours ago, mustafa said:

Iam  So happy for you, @Cocopuffz17,

You are a model for all of us ❤️.

Keep going, you will get it soon.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I would of never got anywhere near this far without the help of everyone on this forum :) Thanks to all! 

4 hours ago, direstraits said:

WOW! Can u send me some of that energy?🙂

good for you!

You will soon have some of your own! Keep pushing :) 

Thanks, I appreciate it! 

• Mentor

So I went for a 3km walk today and then did a 3km run. I have not ran outside in a long time or in general. The headaches I would get were overwhelming. I had slight headaches and did a hr of stretching afterwards.

During my walk I felt more connected to the surroundings around me. Something that I have not felt in a long long long time. Watching the rain come down, listening to the birds chirp, looking at the tree leaves grow as summer comes :) I am loving this :D 

The damn zombie state this drug put me in for over a decade actually almost 12 years when you factor in wds is starting to lift. Thus more proof of healing :) I will get through this. As well everyone else. Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :)

All the best to everyone going through their war! You will get through and thrive on the other side. 

Thank you so much to help with this forum.  Now I understand  and it gives me courage to continue the withdrawal ...

feel free  if you have any tips that can help, i will appreciate that!!!

Laureen64

• Mentor

Hey @Cocopuffz17 i hope you are doing well

i was going through your thread and i noticed you had a skin condition and you managed to treat it successfully, may i ask you, what kind of shampoo, hand wash have you used for your skin and scalp, as i am dealing with eczema 

Thanks

Amira

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Amira123 said:

Hey @Cocopuffz17 i hope you are doing well

i was going through your thread and i noticed you had a skin condition and you managed to treat it successfully, may i ask you, what kind of shampoo, hand wash have you used for your skin and scalp, as i am dealing with eczema 

Thanks

Amira

Are you referencing alopecia or the EM? I made nutritional changes for the alopecia and came off this medication. The EM ran its course and my body dealt with it. 

• Mentor
20 hours ago, Amira123 said:

@Cocopuffz17 what is EM? I am sorry i am confused, is alopecia simillar in any way to eczema?

erythema multiforme is a skin condition I had for 2 weeks in 2011. 

I would say it was caused by the drug and the autoimmune issues these drugs seem to cause. I have talked to lots of people who have had numerous autoimmune conditions while being or coming off these medications. 

• Mentor
34 minutes ago, Amira123 said:

@Cocopuffz17 it's crazy what these drugs can do to our  bodies!

Yes... yes it is. What is even more messed up that they are allowed to claim they are safe for long term use but no long term studies are done to prove this, even though these drugs have been on the market for close to 30 years. It reminds me of asbestos and opioids how they were claimed to be safe and finally changed once overwhelming evidence was shown that they are not.