Cocopuffz17

Cocopuffz17: paroxetine free, but not trouble free

composter

Hey just popping in to say that I had read a few of your posts on your intro and in other places talking about nutrition and the gut-brain connection. I feel very similarly to you about the central role of good nutrition in maintaining emotional health and also in assisting with an effective taper. Kudos to you for making changes in your lifestyle and promoting the benefits! 

I've eaten a gluten-free and dairy-free diet for the past six years or so (before even starting my AD, which I was put on for concussion headaches) and my commitment to good nutrition has helped me and my family manage this withdrawal and other health issues. A word of note to you, I find that in my waves I have very little appetite but what I do crave is probiotic-rich foods like coconut yogurt, sauerkraut, and kombucha. Have you found benefit with these?

Cocopuffz17
7 hours ago, composter said:

A word of note to you, I find that in my waves I have very little appetite but what I do crave is probiotic-rich foods like coconut yogurt, sauerkraut, and kombucha. Have you found benefit with these?

Hey, Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I know without nutrition changes I would be going through a very very very hard situation right now. I can even see it flare up when I make poor nutrition choices. I love sauerkraut and eat a lot of it, never did before I changed my diet. I have not tried the others, I didn’t even realize they made coconut yogurt. Thanks for the info I will check them out! 

direstraits
11 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Today was good. Decent energy levels all day. Slight metallic taste in mouth, tinnitus,  and a slight headache. That’s another day down! 

glad you're getting some good days.

I get the metallic taste too sometimes...wonder what causes that.

I have tinnitus ,too but don't know if it's wd related.

Cocopuffz17
14 minutes ago, direstraits said:

glad you're getting some good days.

I get the metallic taste too sometimes...wonder what causes that.

I have tinnitus ,too but don't know if it's wd related.

Thanks, appreciate you stopping by. Ya, I wonder that to. I have good teeth and they used to be extremely bright white, but as I have come off this drug I’ve noticed they became stained(black and brown spots), but the odd part is the staining goes away in time and not from cleaning my teeth.  It’s as if my teeth became in a “normal” state on the drug and now that I’m off it’s causing them to go back to true normal. But the stains have progressively disappeared the longer I’ve been off the drug. 

I would say the tinnitus is. There is serotonin receptors in your ear drums and I never had tinnitus before the drug or on it. 

composter

Yup! I have tinnitus during my waves and its most definitely because of withdrawal and the healing process. Regarding teeth issues, a lot of people here have bruxism/teeth grinding issues. I'd recommend a mouth guard to wear at night, you can get one from your dentist. This process is so mysterious so it's good to develop your own personal toolkit for healing.

Re: the coconut yogurt. I get mine from Whole Foods or any natural food stores. There are some good brands out there! Cashew, almond, coconut yogurts. Add some blueberries and hemp seeds and its delicious!

Cocopuffz17
2 minutes ago, composter said:

Yup! I have tinnitus during my waves and its most definitely because of withdrawal and the healing process. Regarding teeth issues, a lot of people here have bruxism/teeth grinding issues. I'd recommend a mouth guard to wear at night, you can get one from your dentist. This process is so mysterious so it's good to develop your own personal toolkit for healing.

Re: the coconut yogurt. I get mine from Whole Foods or any natural food stores. There are some good brands out there! Cashew, almond, coconut yogurts. Add some blueberries and hemp seeds and its delicious!

Funny you mention that. I had to get one 2-3 years ago because I was grinding my teeth really bad. But now that I’ve come off the drug I don’t do it anymore and stopped wearing my mouth guard. I’ll see what I can find for coconut yogurt. I use abit of coconut oil in cooking. Thanks again! 

Cocopuffz17

Weekend and today have been great! Went canoeing on the river all day! Got tons of sun! Energy levels are returning and have been able to start back at my regular workout routine. Slight bits of anxiety, just little flares and go away. 

direstraits
8 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Weekend and today have been great! Went canoeing on the river all day! Got tons of sun! Energy levels are returning and have been able to start back at my regular workout routine. Slight bits of anxiety, just little flares and go away. 

yay!😄

Cocopuffz17

Well I went all out in sports tonight. We will see if maxing out my physical capability will cause WD spikes in the next few days.

ShiningLight

Canoeing sounds like a blast!!! Good for you! 😊

Cocopuffz17
49 minutes ago, ShiningLight said:

Canoeing sounds like a blast!!! Good for you! 😊

It was awesome! I failed to realize how critical vitamin D is for recovery and how deficient most people are. I’ve always burned and turned ghost white again. Since changing my diet I tan now and feel way better after sun exposure. Thanks, appreciate it! 

Cocopuffz17

Joints are irritated in my wrist,knees and lower back. Never really had this before. I will definitely take this slight discomfort rather than brain fog and fatigue though! Today is 216 days off of Paroxetine, just over 7 months. Lets keep it rolling! Everyday that passes is another day closer to healing! 😃

Cocopuffz17

Decent day in the AM. Afternoon is abit more challenging. Metallic taste in mouth, headache, stiff wrists and slight anxiety flare ups.