Altostrata

Donations gratefully accepted

TikkiTikki

Oh, ok. I'll keep an eye out for when it returns.

ChessieCat
On 25/12/2016 at 2:32 PM, Altostrata said:

PayPal is the only payment service we have set up so far.

ChessieCat
On 12/01/2017 at 3:26 PM, Altostrata said:

You can use a charge card on PayPal without having a PayPal account, but you have to go through PayPal. Thanks for thinking of us.

Altostrata

For the time being,

donations_box.png

We take donations only via PayPal. You can use your debit or credit card to send money via PayPal.

The Donations button will be coming back shortly.

Thank you for your generosity.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

Cleerity

I tried to set up a recurring monthly donation via PayPal, but could not find a way to do so.  If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know.  For now, I will just make an entry in my monthly payments log book which will remind me to return to PayPal to each month to send my small monthly pledge.

FarmGirlWorks

@Cleerity, thanks for putting this in the feed. I did not know how to donate. Just sent a donation via PayPal. Thank you so much @Altostrata, admistrators and mods for this life-saving work.

ChessieCat

Thank you on behalf of SA. Both the donation and thanks are much appreciated.

Altostrata

Thank you both.

cleerity, I will attempt to set up recurring payments in PayPal.

Cleerity

You are welcome, FGW, Chessie and Alto.  

And thank you, Alto, for looking into a way to make recurring donations through PayPal.  That would be convenient.  I will look for that possibility.

But, as a creature of commitment, I don’t mind going to the PayPal site once a month to make a small but sustaining contribution.

Budget wise, it is just easier for me to make several donations of a few dollars over the course of several months that add up to something capable of helping to make a difference.

Supporting the very laudable cause (and cost) of this website in this small way is how I can say thank you for the untiring efforts and assistance provided to so many here.

Kittygiggles

Hi,

I'd be interested in anonymous donations. 

Would you consider, at some point, publishing a cryptocurrency address (anything but Bitcoin, as it is expensive and slow) so that I (and others) can donate directly that way? For example, XRP (https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance/) transfers/payments take ~4 seconds and cost <$0.0001, so the time and cost is negligible. 

Thank you.

Altostrata

Interesting idea, Kittygiggles. I'll look into it. As yet, none of our vendors are taking cryptocurrency, so not sure how we'd utilize it.