SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jasonsa: I was involuntary admitted and forced to take injections and medication.

Jasonsa

*I was involuntary admitted on 23 Oct 2017 to 17 Nov 2017.
I then got out and was put on a community treatment order (CTO).

While involuntary admitted I was put on 100g? of Paliperidone/ Invega Injection.

As well as Paliperidone 3 mg tablets twice a day.

As well as Escitalopram 10 mg tablet once a day.

As well as Benztropine 2 mg half a tablet a day.

I eventually got out and put on a cto.

After around 6 months of crazy side effects my treatment team decided to stop the injection.

But continue with the paliperdone and escitalopram tablets.

But it was a very hard fight to persuade them to stop it due to side effects.

I still get side effects from the paliperidone tablets.

Because I am on a cto I am still forced to take medication.

I want to get off the cto and stop the medication.

*The side effects are as follows.

After I take the paliperidone tablet I would feel very uncomfortable the whole day.

Then at night time when I go to sleep.

I would have breathing difficulties.

This would last for 5 hours or until I pass out.

Then it would go away.

It is very annoying and tormenting.

*I want to create a political party in each eligible country so I can get into government to stop forced medication and to close down government funded mental institutions.

*You can find out more about my story and what I am doing here.

http://thetruthistheprotestantbible.com/Anti Mental Health.html

• Administrator

Welcome, Jason.

Have you discussed your adverse reactions with your doctors? They seem quite significant.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Jason.

Have you discussed your adverse reactions with your doctors? They seem quite significant.

I have discussed it with my treatment team but they tell me I have to take medication because I am on a CTO.

• Administrator

Is a CTO a mandated treatment?

If so, you will need to press your case about your adverse reactions. They should not be damaging your health to "treat" you. You may need to talk to supervisors and managers.

You may wish to do this: Put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
If there are drug-drug interactions, you might show the printout to your care team and demand they adjust your cocktail to minimize drug-drug interactions.

I suspect the escilatopram is entirely unnecessary.

Otherwise, if you don't have latitude to taper your drugs on your own, not sure what we can do for you here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

A community treatment order (CT0) is just an order (of law).

It is compulsory for me to attend appointments with my treatment team (psychiatrist, psychologist, case manager, other, etc) for set appointments.

It is also compulsory to take medication.

It is inevitable.

To stop the medication I first need to get off the cto through a tribunal hearing where they judge whether you can be free or not.

• Administrator

It may be more feasible for you to request a reduction in your dosages because of adverse effects. Good medical practice says you should be taking the lowest EFFECTIVE dosage. Please discuss this and potential drug-drug interactions with your treatment team. Take a printout of the interaction report.