What is the mechanism of action behind anything?

could blood flow be the entirety of the human body? too little causes a cascade of issues, and too much also does. how does one balance blood flow for optimal brain health? is nitric oxide the neurotransmitter responsible for the entire mechanics of the body?

merely posing a theory here, entirely speculative , but would love feedback

what im saying is that neuroregeneration, neurogenesis, nutrient bioavailability, mineral transport, joint support, organ tissue protection, neurotransmitter synthesis, vitamin absorption, water electrolyte ph balance, etc.....might be entirely governed by the principles of hemodynamics, aka the process of blood flow in the body, even digestion and gut motility and bacterial harmony in the gut

am i insane for thinking nitric oxide balance in the body and the blood flow balance that results is the mission of health? is thinking of the body as ONLY a hydraulic machine completely reductive? could the trillions of interconnections in the brain be a network of blood balancing agents? 

once again, not a professor of neuroscience here, or of a theoretician of biophysics, but ive been in withdrawal for 7 years, and the only thing ive done is read.......so let me know what you think 

• ChessieCat changed the title to What is the mechanism of action behind anything?
  • 2 weeks later...
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2011 Jan 1.

Published in final edited form as:
PMCID: PMC2953417
NIHMSID: NIHMS229195
PMID: 19841582

REGULATION OF NITRIC OXIDE PRODUCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASE

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness

maybe look at Buteyko breathing.  a friend of mine is doing the lessons and not only that she is getting hooked up to machines that measure all sorts of vital signs, oxygenation etc.  

she says it's absolutely clear that relaxation comes from slowing the breathing.  the slowed breathing increases nitric oxide which allows oxygenation to happen. 

I think this is an interesting topic and I would like to see more exploration of it.   stress causes faster breathing,  held breath,  consequent air gulping,  breathing through the mouth, snoring, etc.  all of this is a cascade of bad effects. 

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness