adharv: antidepressants for 25 years

adharv

I have been on antidepressants 25 plus years. I'm 64 yrs old/male. I statred on wellbutrin 150 hoping to get some relief from my IBS. It was a miracle, I had suffered from severe diarhea for many years with no relief. Only a person who has struggled with IBS would understand the joy!! Now 25 years later I would like to be drug free and see how it feels. I take one 300mg XL daily, 1/2 of a 25mg of pristiq. I cut from 50mg to 25 my about a year ago. Six months ago I cut to 12.5mg of pristiq. Two months ago I tried cutting to 6mg of pristiq but that was to much. So I have ordered a digital scale and will be more accurate with my next 10% cut. I also take 1 & 1/2 pill of zubsolv for pain management/addiction. I will not try cutting back on the zubsolv until I have more success with my antidepressants. I will keep posting and monitoring other post. Reading about other people having the same struggles as myself is great therapy. Thanks, macarony.  300mg wellbutrinxl and 12.5mg pristiq . 07/21/19

• ChessieCat changed the title to adharv: antidepressants for 25 years
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Adharv

Welcome to SA

I apologise for taking so long to get back to you.

This site is staffed by  volunteer moderators who have all been, or are going through withdrawal.

Please complete your introduction and drug signature using the following link.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/25-please-start-a-topic-about-yourself-in-this-forum/

Your signature is restricted to twelve lines.

Please include date, drug name and dose.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes: