SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

• Mentor

You are not any of those things. This is the hardest thing to go through in ones life. You will get through it and look back at it one day and see how strong you are. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being fully healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

49 minutes ago, ShiningLight said:

I think the globalization to life in general is indicative of depressive thinking. Give yourself a break! You are coping with multiple health conditions. 

You are doing amazingly! Xxx

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

5 hours ago, Shep said:

I understand not wanting to be a difficult patient, but I wouldn't stay off this drug too long and risk withdrawal if there's no adverse reaction or any other medical reason to do a cold turkey. Please note it takes 4 days for your nervous system to register a change and a week or more to adapt, so if you're only off the drug for a few days, you can likely get back on it at the full dose without too many problems. 

Hello Shep.

I agree with you.

Today was my 4th day off lisinopril. Even though this was 'only' 2.5 mg I wish I had asked about tapering instead of following MD advice. ;) 

I will email the MD tonight - and if she doesn't respond to me by the end of the morning (or possibly - the entire day - as it is the holiday week) - should I reinstate the medication (or a partial dose)?  I had been taking the lisinopril in the morning.

I appreciate your suggestions on communicating with the MD.  I am apprehensive about med changes and I will remind the MD of this.

Thanks

Giulietta

7 hours ago, ShiningLight said:

I think the globalization to life in general is indicative of depressive thinking. Give yourself a break! You are coping with multiple health conditions. Why is it that you don't think you have a future?

What do you mean by 'globalization to life'? 

I was not feeling very positive when I made my comment about my future.  I am stuck in a rut (or quicksand) and every setback distracts me and I lose momentum and focus.

Even though I (and others on SA) are coping with multiple health issues - it is still so important to set and meet a few goals.   I don't know what is reasonable and when, if I am overcomplicating this or somethign else. 😳

This is a tough part of the year  - and a usual coping mechanism for me is to set some goals for the future. 

Hugs and thanks for the nice note

• Mentor

What I meant is that "huge disappointment to myself and my family... not just WD but my life in general..." is a very broad, global statement. It's not a balanced view. I suppose it's possible that there are some ways that you're seen as a disappointment, but even if that's the case, chances are there are some ways that you're not a disappointment. That's all I was getting at. It's a broad, sweeping overgeneralization, aka "cognitive distortion" that doesn't account for the whole picture and will only make you feel worse if you believe it.

For example, your family may be thinking, "Gee, Guilietta is going through a hard time," or "Gee, I wish Guilietta would do more chores," which is a very different criticism than your life in general being a huge disappointment to them.

Or, I suppose it's possible that they are mean and are thinking that your life in general IS a huge disappointment to them. In that case, they have their own problems and it's not about you. The important thing is how you see yourself. In other words, try not to buy into it if that's the case. It's very hard to try to maintain your reality when you're surrounded by people who think poorly of you, but I hear it can be done. I'm not particularly good at it myself but it's a good thing to strive for.

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Jul 16 trazodone from 100 to 50 mg.

Jun 17-July 10 Slowly changed gab fr pill to liquid at same dose 100 mg 4x/d.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Mar 16, 450 mg gaba 3x/day cut 600 mg--not exact!--updose after learning w/d

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

July 2018 started gabapentin 100 3x/day; titrated up to 1800 mg (600 3x/day)

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

*I speak from my experience. Nothing I say is medical advice. I'm not a doctor.

Some weight has been lifted thanks to you. It is a cognitive distortion of reality that I did not recognize. There are ways in which I am not a disappointment to them - but those in which I am - so not in all even when it feels that way. [ I can see this in others, but not myself. 🤔

As you have said - it is harder to think  well of yourself when those around me treat me poorly on a fairly regular basis.  Being with them daily makes it a bigger challenge to surpass the globalization of my negative thoughts but is an opportunity for growth.

8 hours ago, ShiningLight said:

The important thing is how you see yourself.

Yes. And try harder to feel positively about myself.

Shining Light, your handle was aptly chosen. ;)

A big hug to you. I know you also have a lot on your plate.

Hey @Guilietta, just dropping by to see how ya doing.... 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Hi @Guilietta

I really think of you alot these days, I drop by your thread almost all the time iam on SA, when I don't understand a word in your words, I use Google translate but doesn't help, may be because you use the English spoken in America. Anyway, I hope you are very ok now, 

I know you may suffer from disappointments surrounding but don't panic from this, none can control others' behaviour with us, just care yourself and lookforward to good days  ❤️.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Guilietta, just stopping by to say hi and wish you a happy solstice and merry Christmas! 

Hugs to you, thanks for all the support you have given me.

--Rhiannon

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

On 12/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, Shep said:

Your system is likely already adapting to this change. I understand not wanting to be a difficult patient, but I wouldn't stay off this drug too long and risk withdrawal if there's no adverse reaction or any other medical reason to do a cold turkey. Please note it takes 4 days for your nervous system to register a change and a week or more to adapt, so if you're only off the drug for a few days, you can likely get back on it at the full dose without too many problems. 

Please let us know what you find out.

Hello @Shep

The MD indicated that tapering was not necessary as the dose was only 2.5 mg and I did not need to add any medicine back. I had emailed her with language/questions you recommended.  I am documenting my BP in my logs.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, Gridley said:

I would start with the ENT because that would be simpler exam to eliminate that possibility. The neurologist is likely to be more complicated

Hello @Gridley

The ENT starts with an audiology test before any consultation so I scheduled one. As a result of the tinnitis - which is a sporadic thing that I more of the time ignore - I had an audiology test 6 months ago but they still repeat as part of the ENT's evaluation.

In general today was a good day after starting with anxiety. There is holiday cooking stress now (not my creation) and I am trying not to let it bother me and that it is someone else's ball of wax. I am grateful for having a decent day.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

You are not any of those things. This is the hardest thing to go through in ones life.

Thank you for the encouragement. ShiningLight reminded me it is hard to feel positively about one's self when others around me treat me poorly.  Standing up for myself is an ongoing learning opportunity. ;) 

6 hours ago, mustafa said:

I drop by your thread almost all the time iam on SA, when I don't understand a word in your words

😂🤣

You're not alone. A lot of people don't understand what I say. 😂

Much of the world learns British English. Americans learn American English. Winston Churchill said after meeting Franklin Roosevelt that Americans and the British were the same people separated by different languages (to paraphrase).

I appreciate that you stop by to check on me.

6 hours ago, mustafa said:

I know you may suffer from disappointments surrounding but don't panic from this, none can control others' behaviour

This is an excellent point, Mustafa. We can't control the behavior of others. They may have unpleasant things in their lives - or they may just judge others (wrongly).  I think I am like a sponge in that I absorb the negative emotions around me. I am working on changing my 'cognitive distortions'.

• Mentor
17 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Thank you for the encouragement. ShiningLight reminded me it is hard to feel positively about one's self when others around me treat me poorly.  Standing up for myself is an ongoing learning opportunity. ;) 

Yes, it is very challenging with that environment. I just look at them and go my own way and continue to do what I know I need to do to get through this. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

1 hour ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I just look at them and go my own way and continue to do what I know I need to do to get through this. 

This takes a lot of personal courage to stand up alone. ;)

4 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

happy solstice and merry Christmas! 

Hello Rhiannon!

Thank you for the Christmas wishes. I wish you the same and I was glad to see on your thread that you are doing well.  :)

Giulietta

@Guilietta, hello lovely you. Just wanna say merry Christmas. Thanks for all your kind and supportive words on my thread, really appreciate them xxx

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Just wanna say merry Christmas. Thanks for all your kind and supportive words on my thread, really appreciate them xxx

Hello SunnySide!

Merry Christmas - and I just you a (lengthy) PM. I hope you have had a peaceful day with Coconut.

Hugs - your friend across the pond

Giulietta

On 12/23/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

it is very challenging with that environment

Hello there!

Merry Christmas if you celebrate - and Happy Holidays if you don't. I appreciate your kindness and support of me throughout this adventure called WD....

Giulietta

On 12/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, Shep said:

Thanks for the information, Guilietta

Hello Shep -

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas if you celebrate the holiday - and Happy Holidays if you do not. I am thinking of you and thank you again for giving me the experise and advice that you do.

sorry to write to you on my thread...but could not find one for you.  🙄

Giulietta

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello there!

Merry Christmas if you celebrate - and Happy Holidays if you don't. I appreciate your kindness and support of me throughout this adventure called WD....

Giulietta

You are welcome! Merry Christmas to you as well! You will get through this! It does get better 😃

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you dear friend, just wanted to send you love ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hello dears,

Thank you for popping by my page. I will update it later. My Christmas was a bit stressful (and didn't have to be) but I managed as I see you all did too. :)

I have been off-line and thinking of all of you. The time off is helpful to help me heal and keep my mind off WD symptoms and focus on my priority - which must be getting hired where I can support myself, etc. As it is, there are so many distractions in life. 

Even though I have managed to visit a few pages since yesterday and the PMs (thank you ), I am still catching up ans I am a slow writer, etc. I will also post my symptoms.

In the meantime, I came across this article of an elected official who doesn't realize how injurious 'illegal' drugs can be - let alone 'illegal' ones are. Maybe we should put him on paxil, cymbalta and any of these other molecules and see if he thinks it's still a good idea. Yeesh.

https://disrn.com/news/pete-buttigieg-calls-for-decriminalization-of-all-drugs

Hugs to all. I am thinking of you and how you are doing managing your symptoms or perhaps having windows you all deserve on this journey. ;)

Giulietta

xxx

Dear all

By way of a brief update - I am holding at 2 beads (.4 mg) of cymbalta/duloxetine. Gridley and I decided that even though I had been on 1 or 2 weeks longer than planned (more than 7 weeks) - we thought more time to attain stability (meaning tolerable physical symptoms) was a good idea. Well, the good times keep rolling as 'they' say with muscular pain and stiffness. I hope it does not get worse but nothing surprises me with the ongoing potpourri of new symptoms.  I have promised to post a synopsis of daily symptoms by the week but am spending my limited time on SA visiting friends.

No more time on SA today after 2 hours. :)For those of you dears whom I have not visited in the past 2 - 3 days - I wish you continued healing and happiness in 2020. We will continue to make progress in decreases - even if smaller than we are planning or hoping for - and neurotransmitters and body will continue to improve - even if very slowly.  

Reflections -

As I reflect on 2019 - it feels like a lost year in most ways as the goals I had in January 2019 - fell by the wayside. Friends, family and most medical professionals have disappointed me at so many levels. 

On the positive side - I know I am not alone. I have met you and others like me on SA - whose friendship, support and nurturing helped me move forward and know that WD is real and that I am not losing my mind.  I also rediscovered things I love in life and have committed myself to including them more prominently in my life. I am also reaching out to grow spiritually.

I wish you all a 2020 full of good things, continued healing, and happiness.

Guilietta

• Moderator Emeritus

I wish you a a new year of healing dear friend ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Happy, healthy, healing new year, my friend 😊

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello G, wishing you a happy and healing new year.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Dear @Erell @sunnysideup69 @Rhiannon @Gridley

Happy New Year!

Mine was a quiet one - as planned - I didn't even turn on the TV to watch the fireworks from around the world - which I heard were spectacular. 2020 is the start of a new decade - and the continuation of healing from our current symptoms - and a smooth discontinuation of the next pharmaceutical wonder drug 😎 we are on!

Will post comments re: symptom tracker separately and I how I am doing.

Hugs to all and again - a happy new year to all of you.

Giulietta

Hello @Gridley

I finally posted my symptoms. I called out a few things to your attention.

Today - 5 Jan 2020 -  I have dropped to 1 bead - .2 mg - of duloxetine. This is after holding at 2 beads (.4 mg) for 9 (or 10?) weeks.  The good news is that I am dropping. The 'bad' news is that it is a big drop.

Dropping from 2 beads to 1 bead may seem really exciting - but this is significantly more than a 10% drop so I'm honestly not terribly excited. With a 10% drop I would go from .4 mg to .36 mg. Ouch.

The anticipated/planned drop to 0 beads is 16 February (6 weeks away).   This is the recommendation per BrassMonkey and Gridley. That being said - this depends on how I do after dropping.

Symptom update below is through 12/31.

I continue to log my symptoms daily in a paper notebook. For the most part (BP/HR excepted for the most part), specific times may or may not be documented. Getting buried in the details is a stressor - it gets one focused on details, analysis, etc. 

@Gridley Note about BP and lisinopril: Even though I dropped my low dose of lisinopril of 10 mg (per MD advice) my BP has been mostly within normal limits. However - I have had many mornings and evenings around 98/55. 

My medication schedule is unchanged and symptoms are unrelated to it. Here is my schedule starting today:

7.30 a.m.: .2 mg duloxetine, 300 mg gabapentin, .25 mg clonazepam, 10 mg crestor, 100 mg CoQ10, B12, Calcium/zinc/magnesium complex, vit D

1 p.m.: 300 mg gabapentin

6 p.m. 600 mg lamotrigine ER

9 p.m. 400 mg gabapentin, .75 mg clonazepam

12/20: BP 100/69; HR: 64 @ 7 a.m. Dizziness, imbalance, etc. from 7.30 - 11.30. Fatigue. Head turns.  BP 114/81 HR: 61 @ 9 p.m.

12/21: Decent day. Auras 4-4.30.

12/22: Awake @ 7 with tinnitus and anxiety. BP 107/56 HR: 75 BPM. Considerable anxiety today. Frequent auras. Lightheadness. Tinnitus in the evening. What you would call a crummy day.

12/23: BP 112/74 HR: 70 BPM @ 7 z.m. Awoke with tinnitis, anxiety, feeling out of sorts. Dizzy. Imbalance, weak legs. Despair. Didn't capture other stuff for some odd reason.

12/24:  BP 106/60 HR 81 @ 8.30. BP 105/64 and HR 80 at 2 pm. Anxiety about future, BP/HR stability, ruminating and apprehensive about Christmas Eve plans. Finally felt better once in taking action (and not ruminating). 8.30 p.m. BP is 107/66 and HR 66.

12/25: Anxiety in the a.m. Dizziness and imbalance in the a.m. (great! on Christmas morning!) Mid-day and afternoon were light dizziness and head-ache.

12/26: BP 105/60; HR 74 @ 8 a.m. Tinnitis and eye muscle contractions - all day . BP 112/72 and HR 73 @ 7.45 p.m.

12/27: Tinnitis and eye muscle contractions - all day

12/28: Tinnitis and eye muscle contractions - all day

12/29: Dropped to 1 bead (.2 mg). Significant dizzing and and lightheadness - but no imbalance. ;)

12/30: Muscle pain and contraction piriformis and calf muscles most of the day. Evening tinnitus after 7.

12/31: BP 117/74  HR: 74. Muscle pain and contraction piriformis and calf muscles most of the day. Anxious, irritable.  BP 101/57 HR 60 @ 9 p.m. Tinnitis after 7 p.m

Since Jan 1 symptoms have been consistent:

Awaken at 3, 4 or 5 a.m. with anxiety, chest pounding, tremors, and tinnitus.  @Gridley is this a cortisol spike? Return to poor quality sleep with intermitten symptoms until getting up around 7 a.m. Tinnitus during most days and in the evening. So loud I could not practice meditation. Low BP on some of these mornings: 98/55, 99/62.

Hugs,

Giulietta

7 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Dear @Erell @sunnysideup69 @Rhiannon @Gridley

Happy New Year!

Mine was a quiet one - as planned - I didn't even turn on the TV to watch the fireworks from around the world - which I heard were spectacular. 2020 is the start of a new decade - and the continuation of healing from our current symptoms - and a smooth discontinuation of the next pharmaceutical wonder drug 😎 we are on!

Will post comments re: symptom tracker separately and I how I am doing.

Hugs to all and again - a happy new year to all of you.

Giulietta

Thanks my lovely, thinking of you. Back to work today for me, so will catch up with you properly later. Sending hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Guilietta said:

is this a cortisol spike?

Sounds like it to me.

Congratulations on dropping to one bead on the 29th.  You welcomed in the new decade nearly AD-free.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thanks...trying to have positive expectations...I'm trying not to be anxious about more WD moving forward on this.

14 minutes ago, Gridley said:
14 hours ago, Guilietta said:

s this a cortisol spike?

Sounds like it to me.

I am not taking any melatonin because I am, yes, apprehensive, about adding another 'thing' to my potpourri of meds.

To your knowledge - based on anecdotal 'evidence' has melatonin caused any issues and does it actually help people?

I have had 2-3 night not mentioned where I have had trouble falling asleep. I may be wide awake at 10 - usual bedtime. Last night was a bummer as I didn't fall into a retsless sleep until 1.30 a.m.   Glad to see you are sleeping better these days.

@sunnysideup69 - congratulations on returning to work today! I just dropped by your flat to see all of your positive news. Esp. the part about the new washer. However, that means the folks at the laundromat will miss your shining face.....  ;)

Hugs,

G.

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

does it actually help people?

Some have reported good results, others no effect.  The negative thing I've read is if you take too much it can go paradoxical and keep you awake.  This happened to me once.  It so happens I've been reading about it on SA and it seems a dose of 0.3mg is optimal.  I've been taking 0.5 but last night I cut my dose to .25 and actually slept better!  That's just one night though.  Next time I make an order to the States I'm going to buy some 0.3 melatonin.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

3 hours ago, Guilietta said:

@sunnysideup69 - congratulations on returning to work today! I just dropped by your flat to see all of your positive news. Esp. the part about the new washer. However, that means the folks at the laundromat will miss your shining face.....  ;)

Hugs,

G.

@Guilietta hahaha, that really made me laugh because until summer last year, when I moved into this housing association flat, indeed I did NOT have my own washer.....had to take my washing to the local laundromat for about 9 months! It was a real pain!

18 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Today - 5 Jan 2020 -  I have dropped to 1 bead - .2 mg - of duloxetine. This is after holding at 2 beads (.4 mg) for 9 (or 10?) weeks.  The good news is that I am dropping. The 'bad' news is that it is a big drop.

Dropping from 2 beads to 1 bead may seem really exciting - but this is significantly more than a 10% drop so I'm honestly not terribly excited. With a 10% drop I would go from .4 mg to .36 mg. Ouch.

So a fifty per cent drop?  I'm rooting for you, Guilietta......hoping things stabilise for you quickly. Yes, the racing heart sounds like a cortisol spike. I still get them randomly, sometimes. Sometimes if I wake up when I'm dreaming, also, my heart races a bit.You are SO nearly off the antideps. This is amazing, yaaaaaay!

Sending hugs. xxx

4 hours ago, Gridley said:

The negative thing I've read is if you take too much it can go paradoxical and keep you awake.  This happened to me once.  It so happens I've been reading about it on SA and it seems a dose of 0.3mg is optimal

Thanks, Gridley.

Depending on how my sleep habits trend - I will try it. Is it .3 mg?  Glad it helped to be on a lesser dose. ;)

1 hour ago, sunnysideup69 said:

I did NOT have my own washer.....had to take my washing to the local laundromat for about 9 months! It was a real pain!

Arg. And then you  have to wait for a washer and dryer and it costs a small fortune. I generally go for larger items like comforters and blankets. This sets me back about $10 (maybe 12) plus about 4 hours sitting in the car.  Glad you can wash while at home doing something else!

1 hour ago, sunnysideup69 said:

So a fifty per cent drop?  I'm rooting for you, Guilietta......hoping things stabilise for you quickly.

Eke. I just checked the calculation. 50% is right - I hadn't calculated that before. Thank you for the positive wishes! I hope I stabilize quickly too.

As I mentioned I'm apprehensive about the decrease but trying not to think about it. With the beads I don't have a choice.   I will then have clonazepam to taper - trying not to think about it. 😎  Full-time duty at the laundromat sounds much, much better.

The chest/heart pounding is strange. My BP/HR are unchanged from the 'normal' range and like you the chest/heart pounding may be triggers by even pleasant thoughts. It's very strange. Clearly something is broken...if this were a car it would be going to the garage. ;)

Hope work is going OK.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Guilietta said:

Is it .3 mg?

Here's the Amazon link for .3mg

(available on Amazon) is exactly 0.3 mg. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 90% complete.