28 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

How are you doing now? And large a drop before you realized your error (or was it too late?).

Hi G 

I realised a little over half way down. I was having periods of feeling really well and then really unwell in 24 hours. Just completely unstable. My sleep suffered the most and I had loads of anxiety. I then felt anxious about feeling so out of control. I tried splitting the doses but couldn't get it right.  I've Just switched to low dose Prozac. Like you, I couldn't work out what dosage would be just right. 

At the moment I'm trying to find a comfortable dose of Prozac, which thankfully can actually be made into a liquid for easy tapering. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

6 minutes ago, Andie said:

Like you, I couldn't work out what dosage would be just right. 

At the moment I'm trying to find a comfortable dose of Prozac, which thankfully can actually be made into a liquid for easy tapering. 

This is tricky. If you know this - I don't mean to insult - but from cymbalta - herre is what I can tell you about dosing in a 'liquid.' The 'liquid' dosing may apply or not.

The drug (in encapsulated beads int the capsule) crushed will be destroyed in an acidic environemnt. It is supposed to be absorbed in the intestine. So - even though I was taking liquid - I may have been getting a very, very tiny (?) amount of the drug. So - I was still going down by small almounts of the liquid. If I took too little of the liquid it is possible t ht this increased symptoms. So one still has to go slowly. I messed myself up when I did this. I kept a daily log 9and sill do of symptoms. I transititioned to beads for a number of resons and may have messed myself up. I did this for multiple reasons which you will find in my  thread. 

So go slowly on your liquid even though you would like off this @##$$.

Before I found SA I had already caused this mess and now much contend with the consequences. I am really glad to have found SA. I do find that when spending much time on the site it may fuel negative emotions that I am trying to overcome .

3 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

This is tricky. If you know this - I don't mean to insult - but from cymbalta - herre is what I can tell you about dosing in a 'liquid.' The 'liquid' dosing may apply or not.

The drug (in encapsulated beads int the capsule) crushed will be destroyed in an acidic environemnt. It is supposed to be absorbed in the intestine. So - even though I was taking liquid - I may have been getting a very, very tiny (?) amount of the drug. So - I was still going down by small almounts of the liquid. If I took too little of the liquid it is possible t ht this increased symptoms. So one still has to go slowly. I messed myself up when I did this. I kept a daily log 9and sill do of symptoms. I transititioned to beads for a number of resons and may have messed myself up. I did this for multiple reasons which you will find in my  thread. 

So go slowly on your liquid even though you would like off this @##$$.

Before I found SA I had already caused this mess and now much contend with the consequences. I am really glad to have found SA. I do find that when spending much time on the site it may fuel negative emotions that I am trying to overcome .

Ive done the bead counting method when I tried to switch to Effexor. It was very taxing. 

Thankfully in Australia we have Prozac that comes ready to be dissolved in water so at least I know I will be taking it properly. 

I spent many months away from the site for the same reason.  I heAr what you are saying. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

5 minutes ago, Andie said:

Ive done the bead counting method when I tried to switch to Effexor. It was very taxing. 

I didn't know about bead counting. In addition - I have poor fine motor skills, some hand tremor (L hand) so could not envision this given how I am with much larger items.

6 minutes ago, Andie said:

I spent many months away from the site for the same reason.  I heAr what you are saying. 

Many of us wrestle witrh the same thing. The cross between healing by living a semblance of life away from these syptoms - supporting friends - etc. Then symptoms flare up - we don't know what they are - and are feeling alone. I think people understand when people take breaks because of this mutual ambivalence.  ;)

I am glad you reached out to me.

@Gridley Hello.  I hope you are having a good day and are in a window.

Could you give me please your Input and help with next steps.  I wasn't going to ask but finally had to.  Maybe I am dramatizing...? 🙁

Med Update:

• I am in the 2nd week of 1 bead. The 7th week will be 2/16.
  • I did not use the flovent inhaler or the cough medicine.
  • I am on day 6 of 575 mg lamotrigine (-4%).

Today has been crummy re: muscles. This morning was a lot of contractions, twitches, jerks.   The muscle twitches, jerks, etc. jumped all of my limbs, feet, shoulders etc. Eke.  Morning started off with stiff quads and very dizzy. Didn't walk much.

If I did not have epilesy I wouldn't 'worry' about this. Maybe I am dramatizing this and would you please guide me.... Would the  4% drop in lamotrigine on 1/31 (6 days ago)  have anything to do with this mornings contractions, twitches, jerks do you think? I have a lot of anxiety around these meds.

You may recall I made a decline (per MD) by 4% of lamotrigine (600 to 575) 6 days ago . (MD indicated my level is 'toxic' and goal is to get to 500 mg).  As a side note, elevated levels of LTG mirror WD symptoms. You are probably fully aware of this. 🌞

Rhi and I thought decrease by 25 mg (tops) was the way to proceed.Neither one of us want to make a change now.

MD is aware of my duloxetine issues though I don't know to what extent she believes how acute they are.

I don't know if I should wait this out or increase to 600.  She knows about the duloxetine experience and my status but she may still think I am over-reacting and maybe I am. 🙁

Gridley - what do you think of this...?

I have a psych appt on Monday and don't know if I should postpone or not. I don't know what he could do for me - if I shoud check in with symptoms - or just stay quiet. It is also flu season and a bad drive for a 20 min appt.

Thanks and hope you are well (certainly better than up here). This is another day when I really need a big hug.

I keep trying to do a little something I enjoy every day but it's not going that way. 🙄

Sorry this is long and not too disjointed.

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

f I did not have epilesy I wouldn't 'worry' about this

Giuiletta,

This is such a complicated situation.  

It seems to me that a 25mg reduction could cause an uptick in muscle twitches, etc. that the drug is, if I understand correctly, meant to help control.  The 6-day mark would be around the time for the difference to be felt in your system.  I'm guessing your fear is that this could continue and increase and lead to a seizure.  

I can't advise you on increasing back to 600.  I just don't know enough.  You could wait it out a day or two and see if the jerks abate (or worsen) and react accordingly.  That might give you time to make a calm decision.

Regarding the psych appointment, I would gauge whether to go or not on your opinion of whether the psych could help or if it would be a waste of time.  

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  

I can give you a virtual (((((hug))))).

Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello Gridley,

I  went back to 600 mg tonight. I took the 575 and one hour later when auras returned  (different than the twitches) - I took the 25 mg. It will take a few days for the level to increase.  @Rhiannon I thought you would like to know I am resuming 600 mg as well since you had provided me with helpful information. I now need to let the MD know.

There is no therapeutic level for lamotrigine per the PI sheet and It is about clinical efficacy if I have that right.

My symptoms can be side-effects of lamotrigine at high dosages and they are also present in WD (for example, the imbalance, vertigo, etc.). However, being at 600 mg of lamotrigine I did not experience imbalance/vertigo. When I told the MD this - she indicated that maybe I could handle it then. I thought that was reasonable.

If I am going to try a reduction in dosage again - it won't be for a while. Meanwhile I spent $200 for meds.

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

opinion of whether the psych could help

What might the psych be able to do to help....?

Thanks - and hug back at you.

G.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Guiletta, 

Just thought I’d pop by and see how you’re doing. I see you got down to one bead on one of your meds. How are you doing with that drop? I can’t read a lot today, brainfog is bad. 

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

18 hours ago, Carmie said:

Sending hugs🤗

Hello Carmie,

Thank you for swinging by. Sorry about the brainfog. 😥

Have been having a lot of issues, sorry to say and don't know if they started with the beads or not.

Due to (another) bad morning I missed church (again) today. 🙁  I did find one that broadcasts services - but I really miss the blessing.  I look forward to it all week.

Happy news is I have a classical concert to attend this Friday.  I hope I am up to the trip  -  and  if I can't make it and I am out the money -  I've accepted that. There is though nothing like hearing some of your favorite works in a concert hall.

Not done any knittint lately but have the basket next to my bed.

I think of you every night when I spread my weighted blanked atop my bed. It is the best thing to help me sleep.

Hugs to you, Carmie, 🤗

Giuilietta 💓

@thelegend @Frogie

@Gridley @Rozon1 @Lynnardgirl @brassmonkey @Terry @Er @Tom37

Hello all - @thelegend and I have been back and forth been wondering when it ends (in time) to hold, etc., what we can do - and I've started looking (more). It's frustrating. People don't know and they don't seem to want us help find solutions.

I've added others who may also find this interesting (or not).

I wonder if the 'online forum' used for this research is SA?

If interested....and the #weeks is highlighted in blue.

SSRI and SNRI withdrawal symptoms reported on an internet forum.Stockmann T1, Odegbaro D2, Timimi S3, Moncrieff J4

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29758951

Int J Risk Saf Med. 2018;29(3-4):175-180. doi: 10.3233/JRS-180018.

BACKGROUND:Antidepressant withdrawal symptoms are well-recognised, but their potential duration remains uncertain.

OBJECTIVE:We aimed to describe the characteristics of withdrawal associated with two popular classes of antidepressants, including duration.

METHODS: We analysed the content of a sample of posts on an antidepressant withdrawal website. We compared the characteristics of withdrawal associated with SSRIs and SNRIs, including time of onset, duration and nature of symptoms.

RESULTS: 110 posts about SSRI withdrawal, and 63 concerning SNRI withdrawal, were analysed. The mean duration of withdrawal symptoms was significantly longer with SSRIs (90.5 weeks) than SNRIs: 50.8 weeks. Neurological symptoms, such as 'brain zaps,' were more common among SNRI users (p = 0.023). Psychosexual/genitourinary symptoms may be more common among SSRI users (p = 0.054).

LIMITATIONS: The website aims to help people with antidepressant withdrawal, and is therefore likely to attract people who have difficulties. Length of prior use of antidepressants was long, with a mean of 252.2 weeks (SD 250.8).

CONCLUSIONS: People accessing antidepressant withdrawal websites report experiencing protracted withdrawal symptoms. There are some differences in the characteristics of withdrawal associated with different classes of antidepressants.

1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

@thelegend @Frogie

@Gridley @Rozon1 @Lynnardgirl @brassmonkey @Terry @Er @Tom37

Hello all - @thelegend and I have been back and forth been wondering when it ends (in time) to hold, etc., what we can do - and I've started looking (more). It's frustrating. People don't know and they don't seem to want us help find solutions.

I've added others who may also find this interesting (or not).

I wonder if the 'online forum' used for this research is SA?

If interested....and the #weeks is highlighted in blue.

SSRI and SNRI withdrawal symptoms reported on an internet forum.Stockmann T1, Odegbaro D2, Timimi S3, Moncrieff J4

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29758951

Int J Risk Saf Med. 2018;29(3-4):175-180. doi: 10.3233/JRS-180018.

BACKGROUND:Antidepressant withdrawal symptoms are well-recognised, but their potential duration remains uncertain.

OBJECTIVE:We aimed to describe the characteristics of withdrawal associated with two popular classes of antidepressants, including duration.

METHODS: We analysed the content of a sample of posts on an antidepressant withdrawal website. We compared the characteristics of withdrawal associated with SSRIs and SNRIs, including time of onset, duration and nature of symptoms.

RESULTS: 110 posts about SSRI withdrawal, and 63 concerning SNRI withdrawal, were analysed. The mean duration of withdrawal symptoms was significantly longer with SSRIs (90.5 weeks) than SNRIs: 50.8 weeks. Neurological symptoms, such as 'brain zaps,' were more common among SNRI users (p = 0.023). Psychosexual/genitourinary symptoms may be more common among SSRI users (p = 0.054).

LIMITATIONS: The website aims to help people with antidepressant withdrawal, and is therefore likely to attract people who have difficulties. Length of prior use of antidepressants was long, with a mean of 252.2 weeks (SD 250.8).

CONCLUSIONS: People accessing antidepressant withdrawal websites report experiencing protracted withdrawal symptoms. There are some differences in the characteristics of withdrawal associated with different classes of antidepressants.

Hi Guilietta:

I would be happy to help you and answer any questions you might have. But exactly, what do you want to know? How long I held between tapers, my symptoms? I can only speak for myself but, like I said, I’d be happy to help.

Just let me know the questions you have😊

I can tell you one thing. I never googled other people’s wd symptoms, or tried to find “evidence “, because everyone is different in this awful process.

It might be easier for me to answer you on my other thread Frogie’s off topic-topic.  I think that’s what it’s called.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hello Frogie,

I didn't mean for it to come across as someone else's symptoms - they are my own (as well?) - and I've been wondering for days (weeks, months) what on earth I can do to improve my situation.  I hope that makes sense.  😉

Thanks for your offer to help. I will see if I can find your off-topic thread and post some questions. My symptoms keep getting worse 54 weeks out....

2 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I never googled other people’s wd symptoms, or tried to find “evidence “, because everyone is different in this awful process.

Kind regards

Giulietta

• Mentor

For me it is nutrition. I follow the Plant Paradox Program by Dr.Gundry. It reduces inflammation in the body. I have been able to come off my AD and almost completely reverse my autoimmune disease that I have had for 4 years. By judging from all the struggles people have with paroxetine I  know this nutrition lifestyle is the only reason I was finally able to come off after numerous failed attempts before. 

Everyday the passes is one day closer to being fully healed !!!!! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

5 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello Frogie,

I didn't mean for it to come across as someone else's symptoms - they are my own (as well?) - and I've been wondering for days (weeks, months) what on earth I can do to improve my situation.  I hope that makes sense.  😉

Thanks for your offer to help. I will see if I can find your off-topic thread and post some questions. My symptoms keep getting worse 54 weeks out....

Kind regards

Giulietta

I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. 

I’m sorry your symptoms keep continuing.

Look forward to talking with you.😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

3 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

For me it is nutrition. I follow the Plant Paradox Program by Dr.Gundry. It reduces inflammation in the body. I have been able to come off my AD and almost completely reverse my autoimmune disease that I have had for 4 years. By judging from all the struggles people have with paroxetine I  know this nutrition lifestyle is the only reason I was finally able to come off after numerous failed attempts before. 

Everyday the passes is one day closer to being fully healed !!!!! 

Cocopuffz17:

That’s very interesting. I’m going to look into that. 

Did you lose weight on this “nutrition”? (Diet)

Thanks for the information!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Cocopuffz17:

That’s very interesting. I’m going to look into that. 

Did you lose weight on this “nutrition”? (Diet)

Thanks for the information!

Take care,

Frogie xx

I highly recommend it. Start weight 192(was definitely hauling around abit of fat) I lost 24 lbs in the first month, so I was at 168. When I finished my taper I couldn’t eat as I felt so awful, I dropped to 150. I continued the same nutrition and came back up to 170-175. 

I just read another one of his books, The Longevity Paradox. I just finished a 46 hr fast. The science behind fasting is amazing. Your body hunkers down and eats the weak cells to maintain the strong ones so it can survive the stress it is going through and once you go back to eating those cells need to be replaced and replaced with new stronger cells. 

You are welcome! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

1 minute ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I highly recommend it. Start weight 192(was definitely hauling around abit of fat) I lost 24 lbs in the first month, so I was at 168. When I finished my taper I couldn’t eat as I felt so awful, I dropped to 150. I continued the same nutrition and came back up to 170-175. 

I just read another one of his books, The Longevity Paradox. I just finished a 46 hr fast. The science behind fasting is amazing. Your body hunkers down and eats the weak cells to maintain the strong ones so it can survive the stress it is going through and once you go back to eating those cells need to be replaced and replaced with new stronger cells. 

You are welcome! 

That’s awesome!

I’m really interested and will definitely look into it.

Thank you so much.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor
8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

That’s awesome!

I’m really interested and will definitely look into it.

Thank you so much.

Take care,

Frogie xx

I highly recommend it. Best $20 I’ve ever spent in my life. 

Have a great evening. 

Just now, Cocopuffz17 said:

I highly recommend it. Best $20 I’ve ever spent in my life. 

Have a great evening. 

Thanks!

You also have a great evening 😊

Looks interesting!

https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Paradox-Quick-Easy-Lectin-Free/dp/0062911996/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Plant+Paradox+Program+by+Dr.Gundry&qid=1581292195&sr=8-2

36 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

It reduces inflammation in the body. I have been able to come off my AD and almost completely reverse my autoimmune disease

37 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. 

Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Guiletta, 

Sorry you’re having a lot of issues. It’s quite a ride, this withdrawal journey, isn’t it?

I’m so glad you had fun at the classical concert. I saw Andre Rieu, that was pretty cool. Friends were just saying they are going to organise a night at the opera. It’s underground opera, the acoustics should be great down there. We need to have fun things to look forward to, it boosts our spirits. 

Glad you’re enjoying your weighted blanket. They’re great!

Sending hugs your way🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi Guilietta,  Thinking of you.  -Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Hello Carmie,

12 minutes ago, Carmie said:

I saw Andre Rieu, that was pretty cool.

That is wonderful - what a treat. I always wanted to see the Three Tenors. I have never heard of Underground Opera - and you are quite right about how the acoustics may be. Do you know the opera?

The concert is this Friday night and and I am having reservations about going b/c of anxiety. The city is a bit of a trip and I would be traveling alone.  Friends 😉  like neither classical music nor the trip into the city and wouldn't go even if I paid.   I usually go to matinees - for which I don't have so much anxiety. 

Really happy you could see Andre Rieu. He is a brilliant entertainer and has a nice orchestra.

Hope you are doing well and nice to talk with you. 😉

Hugs,

Giulietta 💓

20 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Thinking of you

Hello Rosetta,

Thank you for thinking of me. I saw your nice brief summary - it really is a good idea to give perspective and see that you can accomplish things in spite of the  CTs and supposed tapers (I relate!).

Hugs,

G.

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you get to see the Three Tenors one day Guiletta, 

I’m not sure which opera it will be or when as yet. A friend was just saying she’s going to organise it one day. I love all kinds of music, I’ve been to millions of concerts. Yes, Andre has an amazing orchestra. 

I’ve had a lot on my plate and haven’t been to a concert in ages. You would have loved Il Divo I’m sure, and Josh Groban. They were good concerts. 

I can’t even remember all the concerts I’ve been too, there have been so many: Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Belinda Carslisle, Pseudo Echo, Michael Buble, Celine Dion, Richard Marx, John Farnham and the list goes on and on. I think it’s so important in withdrawals to still do the things you love no matter how awful you feel. I can’t get out of bed a lot of the time because of my illness, but having fun things to look forward to certainly boosts the spirits. I’ve gone to concerts with friends, but I’m more than happy to go to concerts on my own if no one was interested.🧡

Hi Carmie,

Thank you for the words of wisdom.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, Carmie said:

I think it’s so important in withdrawals to still do the things you love no matter how awful you feel.

can’t even remember all the concerts I’ve been too

Do you live year a major concert venue? Proximity to concert locations makes it easier to go I would think, especially if by yourself, but I could be quite wrong. It really can be tough to get out of the house, no?

For me even though I love to hear the music live - I become intermittently anxious as the concert draws near (2 concerts this weekend and my stomach is tied in knots...). I don't know why. I have some social/agora-phobia tendencies.

I chose the concerts I want to see and buy the tickets. I'm excited and can't wait, etc. Then, as the date nears, I become intermittently anxious and lose interest.

So I then want to stay home, and feel bad about myself - like a failure - I will miss something I love - and not sure if it is 'why bother it's a long trip and expensive parking' or unreasoning, unjustifiable fear. Or maybe I don't want to go alone - why?

more than happy to go to concerts on my own if no one was interested.🧡

Do you have this when you go to events by yourself, Carmie? If so, how do you handle?

@Gridley would you have any thoughts on this ? 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Guilietta said:

would you have any thoughts on this ? 

G., you and Carmie are much more adventurous than I.  Even before WD, I was a homebody. 

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hi G,

I have the same anticipatory anxiety about almost everything.  Even going swimming — going anywhere at all.  Even for things I do every week.  Things I do every day don’t bother me.  If I stop doing something every day and only occasionally do that thing the anxiety occurs.  

The anxiety starts days days before and gets worse as the event nears.  I want to cancel.  If I do cancel I feel immediate relief.  It has lessened a lot over the past six months, but it’s still there.  Sometimes it gets worse, then better.  I think it is a part of this syndrome.  

Its a lot like test anxiety for me.  Or the feeling right before doing a presentation or an interview.  I procrastinate because of it.  I’m late to events, etc. even if Im not on stage.  Once I’m there I’m ok.  It’s not social anxiety per se.  I’m not anxious or uncomfortable around people in general.  (I’m much more awkward and self conscious than I used to be because I know my anxiety is something other people notice.)  However, I’m not particularly anxious nor does my anxiety ramp up once I arrive.  It dissipates, in fact, even if people ignore me or avoid me.  It’s the thought of having to get ready and go somewhere that upsets me.  I can’t find things, I worry that I won’t have brought things I need, I worry about having an accident on the way — that sort of “what if” and “I’m safe here.  Why change anything?  Why do I have to change anything?” feeling.  

I get lonely and isolated and feel depressed if I don’t go out.  So, I try to remember that when getting out the door is really hard.  It is always better to go.  Once I’m there or even in the car I start to feel better.   All I can do is refuse to let it stop me.

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

5 hours ago, Gridley said:

you and Carmie are much more adventurous than I.  Even before WD, I was a homebody. 

You give me (too much?) credit. Going out for me means the grocery store down the street. I PM with a fellow member a lot - and she and I say that since WD she is also more of a homebody. We don't want to be (more) phobic.

As you and I are also alike - a fairly short amount of time socializing is fatiguing. Partly I think this is being introverted. What do you think?

For me - I think the homebody bit is partly learned and started in childhood. As I have grown older it is more ingrained. Did you find this too Gridley?

I was different (and not into sports - the only extra-curricular event), sensitive, bullied at school from grade 1 through 12. I grew up in a protected environment - both positive and not so.

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

a fairly short amount of time socializing

For sure.  I do better in a controlled-socializing environment, such as in Kathy's Spanish class, where I sit at the back and can partake (or not) without the tension of the free-for-all of full on socializing.

14 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

partly learned and started in childhood.

For me it certainly stated in childhood but I think it's my nature and moreso as I get older.

15 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

was different (and not into sports - the only extra-curricular event), sensitive, bullied at school from grade 1 through 12. I grew up in a protected environment - both positive and not so.

I was never into sports (worse for a boy than a girl, I think), especially in the South where I grew up.  I underwent a nasty spell of bullying in junior high school, not a good time for me, and in the South fighting was woven into the culture.  I grew up in a very protected environment, an only child with a very solicitous father, leaving my mother to be unwillingly the bad cop.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

4 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Rosetta

Hi Rosetta

This is me - every word of it.

I looked up anticipatory anxiety and found this: https://www.verywellmind.com/anticipatory-anxiety-2671554

4 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Things I do every day don’t bother me.  If I stop doing something every day and only occasionally do that thing the anxiety occurs.  

When I got out of the house every day - work - I was much better (repetition as you say). However,  I found I just wanted to get home after work . On the weekends I didn't really want to go out (OK, maybe retail therapy). 

This has become worse as I have become older and the idea of socializing is not appealing. I think I can be concerned about intelligent conversation - I'm fairly quiet so this is more challenging.  I

5 hours ago, Rosetta said:

It’s the thought of having to get ready and go somewhere that upsets me

One thing that is a bit helpful is in advance lay out what I will wear,  coat, purse, directions, phone numbers, medication,  snack, beverage, a map, where I can stop on the way for food  (this is an issue because meds must be taken on a fairly strict schedule and on a full stomach!) .

I can’t find things,

My keys. I now keep them in a china cup - and it is the FIRST thing I do when I get home every time. Someone much smarter than me gave me the idea and is training me. 😉

I get lonely and isolated and feel depressed if I don’t go out.  So, I try to remember that when getting out the door is really hard.  It is always better to go.  Once I’m there or even in the car I start to feel better.   All I can do is refuse to let it stop me.

Yes. And I feel worse about myself. And the fear wins and we can't let it.

Thank you, Rosetta, for letting me know you are challenged by the same thing, how you experience and feel it,  and why it is so important to face it head on. 

I always thought you are very brave to have got on the plane and go to Spain. Wow.

Hugs,

Giulietta

40 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

This has become worse as I have become older and the idea of socializing is not appealing. I think I can be concerned about intelligent conversation

@Rosetta @Gridley

May I rephrase - this tendency toward isolation has become more pronounced as I have grown older. I think I need to grow new synapses. 😉

Have you experienced that anticipatory anxiety worse if you are going to do something alone?

55 minutes ago, Gridley said:

For me it certainly stated in childhood but I think it's my nature and moreso as I get older.

59 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I was never into sports (worse for a boy than a girl, I think),

That is something I hadn't considered. That being said,  I was always picked last for any team, and never accepted it. It is possible that this was just not poor athletic skill - but not being part of the 'popular' crowd.

When I was young - and an adolescent - I told myself repeatedly that life would improve when I was 'older'. In many ways it has - and in many ways it has remained the same  (this is probably true for most of us).  Socializing, getting out of the house are still there. ADs don't change this.

Would you say that the anxiety issues we are discussing are  what is driving the loneliness epidemic?

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Guilietta said:

n many ways it has remained the same  (this is probably true for most of us).

I think it's true for most of us.  As the poem sayss, "The child is father of the man."  On whole, pre-WD, except for a few patches, my happiness level child to adult has been fairly even.  WD, however, what I'd definitely call a bad patch.

I've been out of the country for ten years, so I'm not aware of a lot of things happening in the world.  I do think the loneliness epidemic is partly driven by social media.  But social media may be driven by anxiety.  Much less stressful online than face-to-face.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

"The child is father of the man."

Brilliant. Will respond later to your insightful comments. And Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello friends,

Food for thought and perhaps action item if you can. Maybe obtain additional meds to have on hand?

Since the coronavirus, concerns about the drug supply have been seeping out. The FDA has said US is in no danger (but the situation is 'fluid'). Since all of us have smarts and common sense - we may already be trying to obtain if we don't already additional meds on hand. China (and India) make a staggeringly high proportion of our meds - although they cite ABs as top - there are plenty of others.

Google and you will find plenty of information.

I realize that many/most of us may find this difficult - particularly with benzos. I am in this position myself and was told hospitals will have 'plenty' if pharmacies don't have any. I requested the MD put a note in my file that I could show up in the ER if this is the case.

I found this site as I will need to purchase extra lamotrigine and gabapentin if I can get refills authorized to save some money. They have coupons. https://www.goodrx.com/ 

I hope this information might help someone.

Hugs,

Giulietta

7 hours ago, Gridley said:

I do think the loneliness epidemic is partly driven by social media.  But social media may be driven by anxiety.  Much less stressful online than face-to-face.

Hi again.

Found the article below on loneliness. Concise and easy reading.

See the article below if interested on causes and effects per 'regain.com.' It makes some interesting points echo your comments and thoughts of others : "...people who logged in for more than two hours per day were lonelier than individuals who only used social media for half an hour per day." The article suggests causes are lack of social skills - which may be what you indicate - less stressful.

As loneliness may be lack of belonging - we find more connection with a community we have things in common with - and I don't now if this may be online or in person (SA is an example).  Interestingly - or relatedlky - there is a dopamine rush (lack of a better expression) when checking into SA that I at least don't experience with in-person relationships.

Don't know why this is...

https://www.regain.us/advice/how-to/the-loneliness-epidemic-causes-and-effects-and-how-to-deal-with-loneliness/