SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hello everyone - it's a sunny day here thank goodness. 

Here is an update for February - for imbalance/vertigo, etc., the past week in general, and emotions that got in the way of goals.  I have also considered my taper status and next steps.

Note symptoms are at the bottom for the record. Biggest deal this week has been medically-related anxiety. Any advice would be most appreciated. Gratitude first...taking a page from Carmie's book. 🙂

My taper status

Note: tomorrow (2/23) will start my 7th week of 1 bead. The schedule is to stop on 3/1. However, I am thinking to  hold a few weeks more until more of my symptoms have subsided, in case I see a difference (positive) with this. if I should skip a day to make this a more gradual stop, or what.

This is on the back of my mind and I should park it for now since it is wasted energy until I am closer to my 8th week (even though I literally want to jump ship). Hard to do because I want to stop...

Gratitude

• Grateful to have had 2 days of imbalance, etc. the past week - even though I am still at the totals of Dec and Jan.
  • Grateful: it is possible that the symptoms of several of the 9 days may have been milder than prev. months
  • Grateful: 2 concerts last weekend - struggled with apprehensive anxiety but made it
  • Grateful: 2 days of vertigo/imbalance, etc.

This week's emotional distractions and worries...and ruminators...any advice appreciated...

• Does anyone have comments about coping/dealing/rethinking/improving this?  It destroyed productive time, wasted energy and caused me anxiety. Some of these were external triggers.
  • They all are medically-related in one way or another.....this is so  frustrating. I spend so much of my time (hence life) coping with this. Do I make too much of this? How could I improve?

Medical related

• Frustration:  communication wtih MD about prescriptions and MD not pleased with me about this
  • Worry: need to transition to lamotrigine from lamotrigine ER. Didn't feel as well on lamotrigine and worried about a) switch (tid) vs (bid) and which will give smoother coverage
  • Anger: Trying to get exception to get lamotrigine ER - no one has time to pursue this for me and I filled out the form to the extent I could
  • Anxiety, etc.: Do I have to find anoher neurologist? Do I have to switch hospital sytems?
  • Anxiety: rescheduled MD appointments to avoid flu season (justifiable I think)

Assorted: contract flu and general concern about coronavirus

• Anger: flu/coronovirus - means I may not be able to go out to more crowded places I would like to go - risk to bring this to loved ones and jeopardize their well-being
  • Despair/sadness: For those in China around the world affected by this
  • Guilt: if I do go to croweded places - I have to listen to - why did you do that and bring home the flu, etc.
  • What if: this is a bad flu season and last year I may have brought it home since I went out more....
  • Anger: if coronavirus does not subside, etc, I can't take a trip on an airplane later this year

SYMPTOMS

• Vertigo/imbalance and its accompanying symptoms in  Feb through today are 9 days. 1, 2, 6,8, 9,14, 15, 18, 22
  • Accompanying symptoms: dizzy, muscle weakness and soreness, diplopia & blurry vision, foggy thinking, headache.

Symptoms this past week (16-22)

• anxiety, frequent tinnitis, extreme fatigue (struggle to stay awake but didn't nap and it passed) - this is new, periodic dizziness, infrequent cortisol spikes. Note that I have had several days where I have had more dizziness and walking into things separate from the 9 days of imbalance. In addition, more muscle weakness and pain.

Thanks and huge hug to you all.

Giulietta

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

However, I am thinking to  hold a few weeks more until more of my symptoms have subsided, in case I see a difference (positive) with this. if I should skip a day to make this a more gradual stop, or what.

I would hold a little longer.

I read somewhere on this site that when you're down to one bead and jumping to zero was the only possible exception to the no-skipping-doses rule.  But I don't remember where I read it or who wrote it or which drug it was, so I'm hesitant to advise this.  Maybe someone else remembers reading this.

Have you tried this for anxiety?  It helped me. GiaK of BeyondMeds also recommends it.

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hi Gridley

Thanks for your advice. I will hold.

11 minutes ago, Gridley said:

down to one bead and jumping to zero was the only possible exception to the no-skipping-doses rule.  But I don't remember where I read it or who wrote it or which drug it was,

I read about this topic too - somewhere. I attached a copy of the image for a 12 hour half life, which I found on the SA site (somewhere).   A 100% drop on someone in prolonged WD is unappealing.  Eke.

22 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Have you tried this for anxiety?  It helped me. GiaK of BeyondMeds also recommends it.

Thanks - I have not. I am doing my 20 min meditation and will give this a shot.

The MD thing....Is there any word in the community on advice for changing MDs nd when to do this?

At what point do you try another MD? Or maybe what conversation do I have with them when I want things to work out?

Why do I ask....

• It's hard to communicate and hard to get meds straightened out. This takes a lot of time and doesn' t give confidence,
  • Because of politics in a small specialty community (neurology) i.e.,  - even though big hospital systems - I don't want to be branded as a difficult patient. People know each other.

Thanks to all,

Hugs to all...

G.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 6.34.08 PM copy.png

Hello @Guilietta, stopping by to say hello. Been busy with family stuff, saw my brother yesterday, just generally not been much online. I'm feeling a bit more settled in myself.

Still my skin is protesting the WD from Citalopram, just trying to exercise some patience towards it.....trying.....

Reading your last post, sounds like you're having a bit of a pain of a time? I'm so sorry. This danged stabilising/tapering battle is relentless, isn't it?

Thinking of you, sending big hugs xxx

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

3 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

stopping by to say hello

Hello Sunnyside

Thank you for visiting. I'm glad you are managing better and bearing up with your brother and supporting your family. It is so hard to accept things as they are (including WD!), that we cannot change. To be honest I have trouble knowing the difference. I wish I knew....

Patience with your skin and gentle care is the way to go. For my skin - when it gets bad - I use one of the creams I mentioned. 

I am glad you are doing better and hope it continues. 🙂

Hugs,

Giulietta

The past two days have been challening - since plans had to be changed at the last minute to do something I didn't want to (launder bedding that dog was sick on - poor thing who wasn't feeling well). Took all afternoon and $10 at the laundromat.  Saw the vet today and perhaps it is a flare-up of his colitis. So we have metronidazole. Good thing my dog has a bank acocunt to pay for his vet bills. 😉

This has been the worst month thus far for morning weak/stiff/painful thighs, imbalance, blurry vision/diplopia, dizziness, etc. 11 days out of 24.   Yes, I felt like crying - 3 days in a row.

I have spent 2 hours looking for self-help. I have not found anything.

I will post there what I am posting on my  page in case anyone has any ideas.

My symptoms - primarily leg weakness/pain and imbalance

• Leg pain/weakness - mostly thighs and sometimes glutes . Today had pain in arms, neck. Thighs may be like  tree trunks.

• Imbalance - wonder if this is due to leg weakness? ENT ruled out vertigo due to visual involvement and that the room doesn't spin 

• Severity: bad days I am barely able to walk and need to hold onto things. Better days I am able to very slowly walk to a chair and move around slowly and carefully. Seem to be able to move forward but not step sideways or backwards.

• Blurry vision and headache - worse when looking down (neck?), head turns .

• When:  

• morning  (starting usually around 30-60 minutes after getting up at 7 am). Note I walk around the house slowly during this time with little physical exertion. 

• May be triggered by a walk on the treadmill (moderate pace for 25-40 min)

• Light calisthenics (10 min tops) can result in cramping

• Duration: 3-4 hours.

• Frequency: First in March, next June, then steadily increasing since September

• Pattern: may be back to back (2-3 days) or every 2-4 days

Timeline

• Dec 2018: veritable CT of 20 mg cymbalta/duloxetine.

• Feb 2019: start a statin low dose and 100 mg CoQ10

• March 2019: it starts. one instance of intense leg pain/stiffness in thighs after 10 min thigh/exercises the following day and morning of day after. Legs were like tree trunks.

• June 2019: 1 day

• August 2019: 4 days

• September 2019: 9 days

• Oct 2019: none  😉

• October 28: Transition to beads (2 - .4 mg)

• Nov 2019: 4 days

• Dec 2019: 8 days

• Jan 2020: 10 (cut to 1 bead on 1/5- .2 mg)

• Feb:2020 11 days

Well - that's it for today. I'm going to look on youtube for anything to help with the legs. It is so frustrating. I loose 1/2 of every day. Even when the legs are strong enough to support me - I still don't feel right.

At least my little dog is feeling better than me. 🙂

2 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi G,

Yes, I WAS/WERE a marathoner.

I should also say that I'm not the only formerly superfit person on SA to fall victim to the joys of AD WD.

In early WD I relied heavily on osteopathic treatment.  I could barely walk without extreme fatigue and pain all over my body.

The sudden cessation of the drug sent my entire body into spasm (is the only way I can describe it).

Like others on SA, I experienced severe siatica (out of the blue) right down my right leg, and damaged my lower back twice to the point I was on strong painkillers for a few weeks and was in so much pain I couldn't sleep.

So that's a rather dramatic recollection of what early WD was like for me, so I know where you're coming from when you say walking is too painful/difficult for you.

Back to treatment.  As I said I relied on:

1) Osteopathic treatment for several months.

2) Sports physio

3) Pool running - too painful to run

4) Rowing on our rowing machine.

I think the best course of action is to get assessed by an osteopath, as they have a very "holistic" training that goes beyond just muscle injury.

They can advise the right type of exercise you can do, what stretches etc.,

I'm thinking they will give you a number of seated exercises to do so you can maintain muscle strength.

Keep us posted!

Hugs,

JC

2 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello JC,

Thank you for reponding/recapitulating your situation and organizing it in a straightforward fashion. After going through pages of people's suffering on this self-care topic - I wasn't able to consolidate/identify commonalities. 😉

Not taking action (and not knowing what to do), lack  of empowerment and control add to the 'misery' of this.

1. Will look for an osteopath near me (mini project!).

2. Will stop by a sports physical therapy group I have worked with before for assorted injuries

3. Will reassess diet for histamines

4. Going to check w/cardio re: statin but doubt it is related since statin pre-dated this mess by 3-4 months.

Brilliant idea!

Thanks for posting this. I will  try this and maybe also ice. Thanks for posting and glad this helps you at least a bit.

Hugs to you all and thanks for your support and suggestions. After every morning of this - I have to resist crying. Yesterday was the final straw on this for me.

Giulietta 💓

Note: copied and pasted from Muscle and joint stiffness, aches and pain

So they aren't a panacea. 😉 I can tell you that my dog has colitis. I've tried sprinkling probiotics on his food and he won't eat. He doesn't like the smell of them. 😉

Delilah was having “stomach issues” like puppies do sometimes. The vet put her on Purina ProPlan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora. It’s probiotics for dogs. I sprinkle it on her food in the morning and she gobbles it down. I think it’s beef flavored. You might try that.

Just wanted to give you a little information for your fur baby 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

21 hours ago, Guilietta said:

This has been the worst month thus far for morning weak/stiff/painful thighs

Have you looked into the possibility that the statin you're taking could be the cause of your pain?  It may be worth looking into.  I won't take statins because of their side effects, but I also experience lots of muscle soreness, especially in my lower legs.  I've just chalked it up to old age. 😄

https://www.healthline.com/health/statins-why-do-they-cause-muscle-pain

Wishing you relief from this debility!

2007 - 2008          Paxil and Klonopin

2008 - 2012           Mirtazapine following CT from Klonopin and Paxil.  

2012                       Unsuccessful taper of mirtazapine; reinstated.     

7/2013 - 1/2014   Successfully tapered mirtazapine from 7.5 mg to 0.00.

Sertraline (Zoloft) Taper  Aug 4, 2017 - July 18, 2021 - Current dose 0.00

Alprazolam (Xanax)  July 19, 2017 - Nov 15, 2021 0.25 mg.

Began 10% taper  Nov 16, 2021 - 0.25  Jan 11, 2022 - 0.203;  Jan 13, 2023 - 0.0499;  Jan 21, 2024 - 0.0137;  Mar 17, 2024 - 0.0099;  Taper is 96% complete.

1 hour ago, Terry said:

I won't take statins because of their side effects, but I also experience lots of muscle soreness, especially in my lower legs.

Hi Terry. 

I am going to send off an email tonight to the prescriber. 😉  I had researched, deliberated, discussed with the MD and finally decided to take the statin. I thought this would go away by now.

How long has the soreness in yoru calves been an issue? I know what you mean about things we just cope with as we grow older - even though we take care of ourselves. 😉

Do you take a non-statin med for cholesterol?

Thanks,

G.

9 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

How long has the soreness in yoru calves been an issue? I know what you mean about things we just cope with as we grow older - even though we take care of ourselves. 😉

Do you take a non-statin med for cholesterol?

It's really hard to say how long the soreness has been an issue.  I'd guess that since it has just gotten worse gradually that I didn't really take special note of when it started.  I think it's probably worse now than it was when we moved here last summer.  I never suspected it was related to withdrawal, but who knows?  It's nice to think that maybe they'll get better after I'm done tapering.  But that will be a long while yet, and at my age, it might never happen.

My doctor doesn't seem to worry about my high cholesterol level since my HDL has remained at a good level.  I have also learned that the brain needs cholesterol, and getting it to a low level like many doctors would have you do, may be detrimental.  With all the brain issues we have in withdrawal we don't really want to mess with something that may be harmful. 

https://www.drperlmutter.com/brain-needs-cholesterol/

Began 10% taper  Nov 16, 2021 - 0.25  Jan 11, 2022 - 0.203;  Jan 13, 2023 - 0.0499;  Jan 21, 2024 - 0.0137;  Mar 17, 2024 - 0.0099;  Taper is 96% complete.

13 hours ago, Terry said:

I think it's probably worse now than it was when we moved here last summer.  I never suspected it was related to withdrawal, but who knows?  It's nice to think that maybe they'll get better after I'm done tapering.  But that will be a long while yet, and at my age, it might never happen.

I am having positive expectations - that we are going to recover from WD symptoms. Some of us may take longer than others -as you know - depending on age, period of time on these 'meds', etc. 

It was suggested to get PT and see an osteopath. I stopped at the local PT - and they told me they treat people with this problem. They evaluate and provide exercises. Maybe there are exercises for calf pain. I had assumed this was WD related b/c it seemed to start with dizziness and imbalance. But, who knows.

I am also going to try a heating pad and elastic sleeves. Have you tried those?

3 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

I am having positive expectations - that we are going to recover from WD symptoms. Some of us may take longer than others -as you know - depending on age, period of time on these 'meds', etc. 

It was suggested to get PT and see an osteopath. I stopped at the local PT - and they told me they treat people with this problem. They evaluate and provide exercises. Maybe there are exercises for calf pain. I had assumed this was WD related b/c it seemed to start with dizziness and imbalance. But, who knows.

I am also going to try a heating pad and elastic sleeves. Have you tried those?

No, I haven't tried either of those.  I'm not sure what you mean by "elastic sleeves".  Would they be the same as compression stockings?  I have used those, but they didn't help.  I haven't used a heating pad, but maybe I should give it a try.  I just wish my legs didn't feel like they were made of wood.

Take care,

Terry

By way of sharing information about socializing, avoiding the company of others, etc. - I found an article I wanted to share in case others might find it of interest.

It is about BDNF - (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor). From the article:

BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor) is considered an important protein that influences brain function as well as the peripheral nervous system. BDNF influences a variety of functions including: preventing death of existing brain cells, inducing the growth of new neurons (neurogenesis) and synapses, and supporting cognitive function. Low levels of BDNF are often problematic and have been linked to: Alzheimer’s, accelerated aging, poor neural development, neurotransmitter dysfunction, obesity, depression, and even schizophrenia.

BDNF is one of many neurotrophins in the brain that helps stimulate as well as manage the process of neurogenesis. Although there are a variety of neurotrophins at work in the brain, BDNF is regarded as being among the most active as well as universally important. Therefore maintaining satisfactory levels of BDNF results in optimal neurotransmission and potentially prevents a myriad of physical as well as mental diseases.

How To Increase BDNF (Brain-Derived Neutrophic Factor)

If you suspect that you may have low levels of BDNF and/or want to increase your current levels, there are some specific ways this can be done.  It should also be noted that many methods that increase BDNF simultaneously increase neurogenesis.

Amonst the 10 options cited - social enrichment is one. Read the article and about social enrichment here. It links to research on pubmed.

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/03/30/8-ways-to-increase-bdnf-levels-brain-derived-neurotrophic-factor/

3 minutes ago, Terry said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "elastic sleeves".  Would they be the same as compression stockings? 

Sort of. Not sure. If you look on amazon under this - you can compare wtih compression stockings. The local pharmacy has a lot of these types of products so I will ask when I go there. I'm not sure if they really helpor not.

4 minutes ago, Terry said:

I haven't used a heating pad, but maybe I should give it a try.  I just wish my legs didn't feel like they were made of wood.

Mine feel like they are made of wood - and it's awful. I can barely walk (sometimes not at all).  I will also give a heating pad a try. I have found that my forearms are also affected.

Did your leg pain start/or is associated with other symptoms - like dizziness, imbalance, etc.?

3 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Sort of. Not sure. If you look on amazon under this - you can compare wtih compression stockings. The local pharmacy has a lot of these types of products so I will ask when I go there. I'm not sure if they really helpor not.

Mine feel like they are made of wood - and it's awful. I can barely walk (sometimes not at all).  I will also give a heating pad a try. I have found that my forearms are also affected.

Did your leg pain start/or is associated with other symptoms - like dizziness, imbalance, etc.?

Good morning!

I answered some of your questions over on my thread. My legs don’t feel like wood. The muscles in my thighs are “crawly”, I guess you could say. I want to claw them off. Sometimes the compression sleeves help by holding the muscles tight. The heating pad does offer some relief.

Hope this helps!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

11 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

No, fortunately, I haven't had problems with dizziness or imbalance. 

Hi Terry..

I think the elastic sleeves may also be compression (noun). Here is something for calves.

https://www.amazon.com/Compression-20-30mmHg-Travelling-Circulation-Recovery-Small/dp/B0781P1MLX/ref=sr_1_51?keywords=elastic+sleeve+for+leg&qid=1582744922&sr=8-51

4 hours ago, Terry said:

No, fortunately, I haven't had problems with dizziness or imbalance. 

Glad you haven'thad the dizziness, etc.   It occurs with the muscle weakness as different symptoms - or due to the weakness. It is possible that the symptoms have morphed since they started.

I will put the statin on hold until I get my lab work done. I don't think it is the cause of the problem, but worth trying. I don't want to take another med but it is a risk-based thing.

G.

4 hours ago, Frogie said:

My legs don’t feel like wood. The muscles in my thighs are “crawly”, I guess you could say. I want to claw them off. Sometimes the compression sleeves help by holding the muscles tight.

Hi!

That is interesting - crawly. Sometimes it seems/appears  like the muscles in my quads 'roll' over each other. It's not particularly pleasant but sounds better than crawly. I will order compression sleeves. 😉 

Hugs,

G.

1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

Hi!

That is interesting - crawly. Sometimes it seems/appears  like the muscles in my quads 'roll' over each other. It's not particularly pleasant but sounds better than crawly. I will order compression sleeves. 😉 

Hugs,

G.

I hope they help you. 

They don’t always help me, but sometimes they alleviate the “creepy crawly” feeling so I can at least walk.

Let me know what happens 😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

They don’t always help me, but sometimes they alleviate the “creepy crawly” feeling so I can at least walk.

Thanks Frogie.  I see they have them for upper arms too.

I'm glad they may make it possible for you to walk

Is there a brand on Amazon you like? I don't know if you (or someone else) sent me a link and I have looked everywhere and can't find it. 😎

Hugs

1 minute ago, Guilietta said:

Thanks Frogie.  I see they have them for upper arms too.

I'm glad they may make it possible for you to walk

Is there a brand on Amazon you like? I don't know if you (or someone else) sent me a link and I have looked everywhere and can't find it. 😎

Hugs

I’m not computer literate so I don’t know how to send you a link, sorry. But the brand I have is McDavid if that helps. 🤪 

If you can walk an old lady through sending a link, I can try.

Take care,

Frogie xx

5 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I am an old lady too, but I can explain how to send a link.  Highlight the URL of the link you wish to send, right-click on your mouse and select copy.  Then go to the post where you wish to attach it and right-click paste.

Hope my directions are clear and that you're successful at it.

Best to you,

Terry

1 minute ago, Terry said:

I am an old lady too, but I can explain how to send a link.  Highlight the URL of the link you wish to send, right-click on your mouse and select copy.  Then go to the post where you wish to attach it and right-click paste.

Hope my directions are clear and that you're successful at it.

Best to you,

Terry

Is the url the description of the product? I’m really computer illiterate sorry😢

4 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Is the url the description of the product?

The URL is the address at the top of your search page.   Example: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org

2 minutes ago, Terry said:

The URL is the address at the top of your search page.   Example: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org

Thanks. If I go to amazon.com to pull up the compression sleeves it only shows amazon.com at the top of the page. I just gave her the information. I really appreciate you helping me though. Maybe someday I’ll learn how to do that lol...

50 minutes ago, Frogie said:

If I go to amazon.com to pull up the compression sleeves it only shows amazon.com at the top of the page.

I'm not sure which McDavid compression sleeve you used, but this is a link for the McDavid True Compression Calf Sleeve.

https://www.amazon.com/McDavid-Compression-Sleeve-White-Medium/dp/B0075K3H8U/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mcdavid+compression+sleeves+for+calves+women&qid=1582763808&sr=8-3

33 minutes ago, Terry said:

I'm not sure which McDavid compression sleeve you used, but this is a link for the McDavid True Compression Calf Sleeve.

https://www.amazon.com/McDavid-Compression-Sleeve-White-Medium/dp/B0075K3H8U/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=mcdavid+compression+sleeves+for+calves+women&qid=1582763808&sr=8-3

You’re awesome! Maybe I need to take a computer class (when I can think and not in wd). 

Thank you so much!

Frogie xx

3 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Thank you so much!

It was my pleasure!

26 minutes ago, Terry said:

It was my pleasure!

😊

14 hours ago, Frogie said:

But the brand I have is McDavid if that helps. 🤪 

Hi Frogie,

I found them - thank you - and even though age is a state of mind and just a number - these symptoms make me feel on the old side sometimes. LOL Without the link I would not have found your item. I had found others - and I think posted - but could not recall the brand.

12 hours ago, Terry said:

It was my pleasure!

Whew! Thanks again. It was a bit of work explaining 😉

My status on this is:

After doing light PT leg exercises last week - and during - this is about 10 min worth - it was hard and my legs hurt. Massaged and sat with heating pad. NOt sure it helped. Tried to gently stretch calves and then they hurt so used the heating pad on them.

One thing PT told me some heaars ago is that warm MOIST heat works best. I have to figure out how to safely do this.

This morning legs still sore and muscles tight - mostly thighs - but can walk. Yippee!

Will call names of osteopaths I found online today  after looking at reviewes, etcs. I don't want to be my own diagnostician - but want to start gentle PT asap as it has been demonstrated to help.   Without all of you the thought of PT wouldn't have occurred to me. Stay tuned.

I hope you have a nice day. May check on later.

Hugs both - and hope your pain and immobility isn't too bad.

Giulietta

18 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

I found them - thank you - and even though age is a state of mind and just a number - these symptoms make me feel on the old side sometimes. LOL Without the link I would not have found your item. I had found others - and I think posted - but could not recall the brand.

I’m glad you were able to find them. Like I told Terry, when this wd is over, maybe I’ll take a simple computer class to learn how to link a URL and little things like that. 

19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Whew! Thanks again.

If it wasn’t for Terry, you wouldn’t have received any links. I’m so thankful she could help. Thanks again!

21 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

and even though age is a state of mind and just a number - these symptoms make me feel on the old side sometimes.

I guess I’m not that old. But I feel like I’m in my 90’s sometimes. But I do have a 12 year old granddaughter, so I’m not a spring chicken either.

22 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

One thing PT told me some heaars ago is that warm MOIST heat works best. I have to figure out how to safely do this.

I have a heating pad that I can spray water on and it makes it moist heat. I ordered it on QVC and it’s also washable. I think Sunbeam makes it.

Good luck with all of this! Keep me posted how you are doing. I’m really curious about the PT😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

7 minutes ago, Frogie said:

But I feel like I’m in my 90’s sometimes. But I do have a 12 year old granddaughter, so I’m not a spring chicken either.

Well, you could be as young as 40....LOL.  I'm no spring chicken (for some time) but 50 is the new 40....

when this wd is over, maybe I’ll take a simple computer class to learn how to link a URL and little things like that. 

Maybe this would be a good time to sttart a self-paced class - virtual education

Maybe you could put together a list of ideas for surviving this and publish it in  your local papeer...

I have a heating pad that I can spray water on and it makes it moist heat. I ordered it on QVC and it’s also washable. I think Sunbeam makes it.

Brilliant idea! I am only familar with the ones at PT - which are awesome - but not doable at home.

Here are other options in case @Terry is i nternested: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=moist+heating+pad&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Hugs,

G.

Edited by Guilietta
13 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Well, you could be as young as 40....LOL.  I'm no spring chicken (for some time) but 50 is the new 40....

I guess I’ll tell you my age. I’m 56, but some days I feel 96 LOL... I was well over 40 when I became a grandma. My oldest son will be 38 this year.

14 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Maybe this would be a good time to sttart a self-paced class - virtual education

Maybe you could put together a list of ideas for surviving this and publish it in  your local papeer...

I never thought about an online class, that’s an awesome idea. I wouldn’t have to sit in a classroom with the ‘spring chickens”. I don’t know anything about our newspaper, I’ll have to look at that. We don’t get it and I really don’t miss it either. But it would be nice to spread the word. Thanks for the great idea.

16 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Brilliant idea! I am only familar with the ones at PT - which are awesome - but not doable at home.

I have one that fits around your neck and shoulders that helps too. It wan be sprayed with water also. This one from Sunbeam is XL, can be sprayed with water to make it moist and washable. I really like it, but so does Delilah. She steals it away when she can. Too smart for 5 months old.

I just want to say thanks for all the encouragement and being able to help each other. It certainly helps through this awful wd we are going through.

Let me know what PT has you do and if it helps😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

31 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I guess I’ll tell you my age. I’m 56, but some days I feel 96 LOL...

I have 2 years on you. 

I have a theory - or observation about most of the members on SA. Most of us are women (duh) and it appears most of us (a great many at least) are around our ages. Would you agree?

If I am correct - then looking at the number of years the women have been on ADs - it is possible we started around middle-age or late 30s....? 

35 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I have one that fits around your neck and shoulders that helps too. It wan be sprayed with water also.

Thanks for the tip. I see the ones for arms as well. My triceps may also be bad but I don't have to walk on them or do hand stands (any more).

32 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I never thought about an online class, that’s an awesome idea. I wouldn’t have to sit in a classroom with the ‘spring chickens”.

Youtube is a great learning vehicle. That is how I have learned to do a number of things. One of the beauties of youtube is that you can replay as frequently as you need to learn wtihiout irritating the instructor. LOL

36 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Too smart for 5 months old.

Too smart period. Not a good sign when our dogs figure things out before we do.LOL

37 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I just want to say thanks for all the encouragement and being able to help each other.

Back at you. Some of these symptoms we have it is a matter of muscling through and learing coping skills using CBT, meditation etc with the help of each other and genuine compassion and understanding.  Other symptoms (like this) may honestly need medical (or osteo) help.Unfortunately (most/many) deny the harsh truth.

I'm not quite sure how to gain their trust on this one....somehow my bringing in research hasn't gone over well. It may be a case of pointing out a gap in their knowledge.

Hugs and have a nice one, Frogie

G.

9 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

I have 2 years on you. 

I have a theory - or observation about most of the members on SA. Most of us are women (duh) and it appears most of us (a great many at least) are around our ages. Would you agree?

If I am correct - then looking at the number of years the women have been on ADs - it is possible we started around middle-age or late 30s....? 

I would have thought you were in your 30’s the way you speak. 

I’m sure most of us on here are women, although I’ve become close to a few men that have helped me tremendously.

I can only speak for myself but I was 33, going through a divorce and the dr said oh this will help you get through the divorce. Boy, has it been a long one LOL... 

16 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Thanks for the tip. I see the ones for arms as well. My triceps may also be bad but I don't have to walk on them or do hand stands (any more).

You’re very welcome. I hope you can find something that works for you. Just to alleviate some of the aches and pains. I don’t think I’ll be doing any hand stands in the near future either😊

17 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Youtube is a great learning vehicle. That is how I have learned to do a number of things. One of the beauties of youtube is that you can replay as frequently as you need to learn wtihiout irritating the instructor. LOL

I’m going to try YouTube. I never thought about that. But they have everything imaginable on there. My fiancé is always using YouTube for something. I guess that’s the only way you learn is to try something new. Give me QuickBooks, Excel, and Word and I’m in my element. But it’s been about 10 years since I’ve worked. 

18 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Too smart period. Not a good sign when our dogs figure things out before we do.LOL

Very true. She’s a smart little cookie. She picks up on everything. And always so busy. Even in the middle of the night, ugh...

19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Back at you. Some of these symptoms we have it is a matter of muscling through and learing coping skills using CBT, meditation etc with the help of each other and genuine compassion and understanding.  Other symptoms (like this) may honestly need medical (or osteo) help.Unfortunately (most/many) deny the harsh truth.

I hear that. I push though a lot and seem to always make it to the other side. You will too. But it’s nice to have some people to talk with and give each other encouragement that really understand what we are going through. My fiancé tries his hardest but until you’ve lived through this h@@l, you have no idea. What are you going to use osteopathic for? Just curious. I had a wonderful chiropractor where we used to live and he helped me a lot. I haven’t found one here yet. I also had a therapist that I drove an hour one way to see. She got me through a lot of life events and tapering. I really miss her. I haven’t even ventured out to look for a new one here. I kinda like staying home and doing my thing without having to be somewhere at a specific time. I’m doing well with my CBT right now, so I’m holding off finding a new therapist. It’s hard to find one that truly believes in you. I got lucky with the last one. She can’t be replaced.

22 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

I'm not quite sure how to gain their trust on this one....somehow my bringing in research hasn't gone over well. It may be a case of pointing out a gap in their knowledge.

They seem to only hear what they want to hear. My dr did love this website and thought it was wonderful to get advice and talk with people in the same boat. I really think they are “brainwashed “ by pharmaceutical companies and my theory is they get a “kickback” for using certain meds, but of course I’m wrong a lot. My dr is great though. He will sit and listen to what I have to say and read anything I bring to him. He’s very understanding, except with this Xanax taper. But if that’s the worst thing I’m pretty lucky.

Hugs back🤗

Take care,

Frogie xx