4 hours ago, Frogie said:

I’m sure most of us on here are women, although I’ve become close to a few men that have helped me tremendously.

Quite right.

My thought may be completely specious but thought that if many of the women were  put on this merry-go-round in our 30s -  then there may be a link with hormonal changes.

I guess that’s the only way you learn is to try something new. Give me QuickBooks, Excel, and Word and I’m in my element

Then you certainly can learn to make videos. I should also give it a try. 🙂 I don't want to have my face or voice on it though - so I haven't figured out how to avoid that...Not working means you have time to pursue personal interests (and try an dkeep up with your puppy!)

But it’s nice to have some people to talk with and give each other encouragement that really understand what we are going through. My fiancé tries his hardest but until you’ve lived through this h@@l, you have no idea.

It really is. You are fortunate to have an understanding finance who loves, listens and supports. There are so many times when you need personal contact. I use CBT and meditate (a work in progress) and have someone I talk through things with - she's really nice woman and has been immensely helpful.

What are you going to use osteopathic for? Just curious. I had a wonderful chiropractor where we used to live and he helped me a lot.

A fellow member suggested an osteo had been tremendously helpful so I thought it might be good for me.  I figure they will appreciate and understand life without ADs, WD, etc. more than an MD (maybe).

I’m doing well with my CBT right now, so I’m holding off finding a new therapist. It’s hard to find one that truly believes in you. I

It takes time to find the right person for you.  It might be nice to find this person when you are feeling well. Identify your needs and after you call to see if they are free, take insurance, etc. - then meet them. Then when you need someone - they are there.

He will sit and listen to what I have to say and read anything I bring to him. He’s very understanding, except with this Xanax taper. But

This is really good. That being said - I don't know why he would allow only 6 mos for a xanax taper.  It looks like you were decreasing at a steady and appropriate rate?

What does 1 mgai mean? How does this correlate with mg? At the risk of sounding like a dummy.... LOL

I really think they are “brainwashed “ by pharmaceutical companies and my theory is they get a “kickback” for using certain meds

I think this may often be the case. Somewhere on site there is an article relating how pharma induce/persuade MDs to prescribe this. Ever the cynic, yes, I am sure there is a financial inducement too....

Hope you are doing relatlively well. 

Hugs,

G.

• Moderator Emeritus
29 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

What does 1 mgai mean? How does this correlate with mg? At the risk of sounding like a dummy.... LOL

It means 1mg active ingredient, which is the dosage you're taking (the dosage it says on the bottle.) It comes into play when you're weighing tablets on a digital scale.  You weigh on the scale in mgpw (mg pill weight) and keep track of your dosage in mgai.  There's much more filler in drugs than active ingredient.  For example, 20mgai of my brand of Lexapro weighs 200mg.

That 10:1 ratio of pw to ai is pretty common.  Right now I'm at 0.7mgai and it weighs 7mgpw.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Gridley

Thanks so much for the wonderful explanation.

I was just trying to decide how to explain it.

I hope you are doing well.

I see you’re down to .7 mg. Awesome!😊 Not much longer now.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Not much longer now.

Thanks, Frogie.  Going down by 0.1mgai every 4 weeks until the scale doesn't work any more, then I'll eyeball it.  Depending on how well I can measure, I'd like to jump where you did, at 0.05.  

You're getting pretty close to being drug-free Frogie come July.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

12 minutes ago, Gridley said:

There's much more filler in drugs than active ingredient.  For example, 20mgai of my brand of Lexapro weighs 200mg.

Hi Gridley!

Even though you explained that very well - it's rather complicated so  after a few reads I got  the above. 😕 I guess I will worry about the details of this when time to taper the clonazepam. And today is another cut! Good for you. Progress. 😉

19 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Not much longer now.

Isn't that a great feeling.

5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Thanks, Frogie.  Going down by 0.1mgai every 4 weeks until the scale doesn't work any more, then I'll eyeball it.  Depending on how well I can measure, I'd like to jump where you did, at 0.05.  

You're getting pretty close to being drug-free Frogie come July.

I’ll be off Lexapro a year March 31! Can’t believe it’s been a year.

And drug free July 31.

I never thought I’d see that day come. Been a rough road, but I made it! (almost there)

You will too😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

44 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Then you certainly can learn to make videos. I should also give it a try. 🙂 I don't want to have my face or voice on it though - so I haven't figured out how to avoid that...Not working means you have time to pursue personal interests (and try an dkeep up with your puppy!)

I think I’ll learn how to copy a URL first. That will be a big accomplishment. I’m on disability from a fall I took a few years ago. I was a bookkeeper for 35+ years and I injured my right hand, foot and back. 

45 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

You are fortunate to have an understanding finance who loves, listens and supports. There are so many times when you need personal contact. I use CBT and meditate (a work in progress) and have someone I talk through things with - she's really nice woman and has been immensely helpful.

I’m lucky to have him. Although, sometimes I think he just doesn’t understand. I explain things to him then he’s ok. You’re very lucky you have someone that has been helpful to you also.

49 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

This is really good. That being said - I don't know why he would allow only 6 mos for a xanax taper.  It looks like you were decreasing at a steady and appropriate rate?

He usually does a much faster taper than even 10%. I kicked and screamed a little and got that out if him. Or he switches you to Valium, which I can’t do.

18 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

it's rather complicated so  after a few reads I got  the above. 😕 I guess I will worry about the details of this when time to taper the clonazepam.

It’s not hard, once you understand how to weigh the powder. And a spreadsheet to tell you each cut every month. But the mods are very experienced at this when you get ready to taper your clonazepam. 

51 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hope you are doing relatlively well. 

I am doing well today.  I hope you are having a good day also.

Take care,

Frogie xx

56 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I never thought I’d see that day come. Been a rough road, but I made it! (almost there)

What a huge accomplishment, Frogie. I am truly happy for you. I wonder if you have a calendar and you can cross off the days....

37 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I was a bookkeeper for 35+ years and I injured my right hand, foot and back. 

How have they healed? It is a slow process. I am also not working now and it is a good thing. Every time I start to look for work - I have had a huge set back.  I think PT work from home would be good for now. I haven't worked in a few years.

41 minutes ago, Frogie said:

He usually does a much faster taper than even 10%.

Eke!  I would not want to be switched to valium - esp. after so many years on clonazepam. The good news is htat you will be off faster and at least know there is a chance you may have lingering side effects.  I have no idea on what to expect with my MD about tapering off clonazepam. I think he was astonished how slowly I was tapering - before I learned I was tapering way too fast.   You are lucky to have an open-minded and interested MD.

Have you mentioned how you are doing?

I understated things greatly when I met with him - I knew if I was transparent - he would give me a prescription for something else! After being through the acute bit of it - I finally started telling him what is has been like. And the dystonia I have not mentioned....since it started in June. 🙄

Well - enough jabbering from me for today. I wish you a pleasant night's sleep.

G.

2 hours ago, Guilietta said:

What a huge accomplishment, Frogie. I am truly happy for you. I wonder if you have a calendar and you can cross off the days....

I do have a calendar. When I get down to my last month I think that’s a great idea to mark off the days.

How have they healed? It is a slow process. I am also not working now and it is a good thing. Every time I start to look for work - I have had a huge set back.  I think PT work from home would be good for now. I haven't worked in a few years.

My hand and foot will never heal. I did damage to the small nerves. If it was the larger nerves they could be surgically repaired but small nerves can’t. I can walk, but it hurts if I walk too much. I wear a brace on my hand. It’s a pain. My back hurts most of the time. I have just learned to deal with it and go on. I would like to find something to do at home. I’m afraid that I’ll find a job that turns out to be a scam. If you find something, please keep me informed 😊

You are lucky to have an open-minded and interested MD.

I’m very lucky I found this dr, he is interested and concerned with all his patients and truly cares. He’s just 40 minutes away.

I wish you a pleasant night's sleep.

I wish you a well rested nights sleep also😴

Take care,

Frogie xx

brassmonkey   

Posted 4 minutes ago

There is a good possibility that the crestor is contributing to your aches and pains.  Body ache and muscle weakness are two very common side effects of statins. During my taper I was having a lot of trouble with muscle aches and general pain. After cutting my dose to a quarter of what was prescribed I started feeling a lot better.  That was many years ago and my blood work has been fine ever since, so the higher dose was actually not needed.

Guilietta, Brassmonkey posted this on my thread but I believe it was/is for you!  Perhaps there is much hope!!!

Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

2020 January:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

2020 December 1st:  off klonopin completely

currently on 15mgai zoloft 

23 hours ago, Frogie said:

When I get down to my last month I think that’s a great idea to mark off the days.

🙂 🙂

I have just learned to deal with it and go on. I would like to find something to do at home.

I am told that 'I have my own path. You have a seizure disorder, etc...'   I'm so sorry about the path you were given, too.  There are some things we cannot change - so making the best of what we have and moving forward is the way to find enjoyment in life (ok, most of the time!). I am looking for something to do at home, as well, but WD and medical issues and insurance have taken over the past weeks.

I swear I spend my entire life on medical garbage!

I'll share any ideaas I get...

He’s just 40 minutes away.

Does he have free parking??? 🙂

I slept better last night, thankfully. I am stressed out about getting 90 days of clonazepam and if I will have to do a hasty taper.  Thinking positive thoughts....

Time for me to meditate...will check one more message and then try and settle my mind...

Big hug,

G.

22 hours ago, Cathy4 said:

There is a good possibility that the crestor is contributing to your aches and pains.  Body ache and muscle weakness are two very common side effects of statins. During my taper I was having a lot of trouble with muscle aches and general pain. After cutting my dose to a quarter of what was prescribed I started feeling a lot better.  That was many years ago and my blood work has been fine ever since, so the higher dose was actually not needed.

Guilietta, Brassmonkey posted this on my thread but I believe it was/is for you!  Perhaps there is much hope!!!

Cathy

Hello Cathy,

Thank you for moving/sharing to my thread! @brassmonkey thank you for sharing your story/experience with statins! I am aware of their association with muscle pain and wasting. I had been fine for 4 months after initiating treatment before the muscle pain / weakness started. In fact it may have been dizziness/vertigo - in June - and morphed into muscles.  I don't know know. At least I am going to give this a try. 😉

Again thank yoyu for posting.

Hugs,

G.

This week in a nutshell was a lot of issues with muscle weakness, pain, stiffness, etc. - and trying to find palliative measures to improve my situation. It is not until now - 8  months after this started - that I decided to actually do something to improve my situation (if possible). @Frogie @Junglechicken and @Cathy4 gave me wonderful advice - thank you all so much - and I was able to contact a PT person I know - who indicated she had treated people with my complaint (!). I am tring to get an MD order for PT via email or call - since I don't want to visit her during flu season.  Othewise I will ahve to look on youtube and do my best.   Tried the heating pad and that might have helped a bit. I need a new one that has moist heat so will look for one - as well as the compression sleeves. This has become so expensive....

More dystonia in arms as well - which is easier to deal with since I don't walk on them and neck pain. Just dealing with that.  Blepharospasm (sp?) all week, chest pounding not such a big issue. More dizziness and headaches and wasn't appreciated by me when I was out.

Lots of anxiety and insomnia related to the covid-19 virus which we've been hearing about a lot of. I have bought a lot of hand sanitizer and carry it with me everywhere.  🙂   Trying to get some additional meds. My little dog was sick earlier this week so this was also stressful as well as parting with $$$. 

Almost bedtime.  Thank goodness.  😴

My oh my, Guilietta, 

You have had quite a week.  I hope you get a restful, peaceful sleep tonight.  Big Hug,

Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

8 minutes ago, Cathy4 said:

You have had quite a week.  I hope you get a restful, peaceful sleep tonight.

Thank you, dear Cathy. I don't mean to sound like a whiner. The medical stuff can rule your life sometimes....😕

I am looking forward to crawling into bed  🙂

Big hug to you and thank you

Giulietta

8 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

The medical stuff can rule your life sometimes....😕

You are NOT a whiner!!!  It can!!!  And I’ve been spelling your name wrong!!!  *slaps hand on forehead.

You take good care 🤗 

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

13 hours ago, Giulietta said:

I am told that 'I have my own path. You have a seizure disorder, etc...'   I'm so sorry about the path you were given, too.  There are some things we cannot change - so making the best of what we have and moving forward is the way to find enjoyment in life (ok, most of the time!). I am looking for something to do at home, as well, but WD and medical issues and insurance have taken over the past weeks.

I swear I spend my entire life on medical garbage!

I'll share any ideaas I get...

I would think you could have a normal life as long as you could control the seizure mishaps. You’ll get where you aren’t  fixated on your wd so much and learn to just take it in stride. I’m learning slowly. It’s only take. Me 5 years lol... but I don’t google and things hardly at all anymore. Just take a deep breath and know you’re doing wonderful.

Please do keep me informed on your endeavors. Maybe it would be something I could do at home to keep me busy too. And earning a little extra money can never hurt😊

Does he have free parking??? 🙂

Yes he has free parking. It’s a small clinic with only 6 drs in it. He owns it. There aren’t too many places around here, shopping, medical that charges parking unless you go to the big city downtown. Then you have to pay to park. Do you have free parking?

I slept better last night, thankfully. I am stressed out about getting 90 days of clonazepam and if I will have to do a hasty taper.  Thinking positive thoughts....

I’m glad your sleep was better. I actually slept pretty well last night. You will get your medication. It will happen. You just have to have positive thinking. I’m sure you will find a way, it has always worked out before. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work out this time😊

Hugs back to you 🤗

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

t I don’t google and things hardly at all anymore. Just take a deep breath and know you’re doing wonderful.

Resisting the former is tough since others with credentials don't know how to help me - which is what I need when I can't figure things out (like the muscle stuff!)  I need help to improve my quality of life.

Every time someone (pharmacist or MD) says, 'it is really hard to get off cymbalta!' an dlooks at me in wonder, I thank them for their praises...and tell them it's an ongoingmiserable journey - and there are hundreds coping. I also tell them about SA and the staggering numbers of people who visit, register or actively use the site. They are blown away.

Glad you have a small, decent clinic (with free parking!). I go into the city. The parking is a crime. $13 for 1-2 hours. Long commute. MD gets my situation and was horrified (to his credit) that I had come off the drug so quickly. It had been an accident.

I am glad you got a decent's night's sleep. I can't complain about mine, thanks. 😉  I'm having positive expectations about my meds and things will work out.  For 40+ years with a seizure disorder - I depended and continue to depend on my meds. So I am naturally anxious about meds in general.

I will share what I learn about sources of income. I really need the money, Frogie, too.

Have a nice day 🙂

• Altostrata changed the title to Giulietta

Every time someone (pharmacist or MD) says, 'it is really hard to get off cymbalta!' an dlooks at me in wonder, I thank them for their praises...and tell them it's an ongoingmiserable journey - and there are hundreds coping. I also tell them about SA and the staggering numbers of people who visit, register or actively use the site. They are blown away.

You Go, Guilietta!  Spread the word!  People are very resistant to hearing some things I’m saying but I will continue to say them with certainty.  Here’s to speaking truth.  

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

@Giulietta, it IS a trek, getting off duloxetine. You're doing great ❤️ Thanks for dropping by my thread, too....yes, I need to remember to rest and relax.

Have given up sugar for Lent, too. And after Easter Sunday, it will be an occasional treat. 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:27 AM, sunnysideup69 said:

need to remember to rest and relax.

Relaxing would do me a boatload of good. 😉 Do you have a sense of humor (would people say)? I take things seriously and a sense of humor is something I wish I had received when these were being handed out. 😎  That being said - does being positive go hand in hand with a sense of humor?

On 3/1/2020 at 1:27 AM, sunnysideup69 said:

Have given up sugar for Lent, too. And after Easter Sunday, it will be an occasional treat. 

Let me kow how you do. This morning I had a small piece of blueberry cake but I did well the rest of the day. Won't violate this again. 😉

On 3/1/2020 at 1:14 AM, Cathy4 said:

People are very resistant to hearing some things I’m saying but I will continue to say them with certainty.

Good for you!  😉 I think people are stunned when I talk openly about it. Discussing it shows others it can be done.

• Mentor

You a beast for talking openly about it! I do it as well. People need to know. It is grossly underestimated. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Hello all

Since this is a lengthy post - and didn't want to co-op JC's thread - I responded over here.  

9 hours ago, Frogie said:

I think it’s a bunch of bologna. Look at all the other viruses that supposedly were a huge threat. There is always something lurking around but I think if people are conscious about washing your hands often (like you should anyways) and staying away from sick people you will have a pretty good chance of not getting it. I think in the US, we seem to have some sort of problem like this during election year because all the candidates want to make everyone else look bad. But that’s just my opinion. Just be careful 😊

So much truth in this. The panic being perpetrated may be worse than covid-19. Costco, Walmart and major grocery chains shelves are being emptied - in places where there are no cases of the virus (yet). If you look at previous viruses - which were not hyped in the news - there was a higher incidence of mortality for many of them.  I posted links below in case anyone is interested.

There is always a disease in an election year (or some other crisis - often a recession) as a way to sway voters' choices and make election campaigns a fun spectator sport. 🤣 

From what we have learned (or been told) about covid-19 - wash yours hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when you can find it  🙂 , stay away from crowds, don't touch your faces, etc. 

I admit to being highly stressed about this - driven by panic started by the media and am trying to figure a way through this.  Help with stress...if you have it....and there are general lessons for people stressed about things in general

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-anxiety-how-to-tackle-a9370106.html

7 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

People need to know. It is grossly underestimated. 

And a lot of closed parachutes out there, too.

So many people and groups of people pay  'mental health' lip service - and how important, it's a crisis (it is), but they don't understand (and are baffled/confused by?) that meds solve nothing but do destroy some lives, are toxic, create chemical imbalance and so much more - none of which is good.

Beward people in white coats carrying prescription pads. I learned that lesson.  I'm still looking for an osteopath.

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

And a lot of closed parachutes out there, too.

So many people and groups of people pay  'mental health' lip service - and how important, it's a crisis (it is), but they don't understand (and are baffled/confused by?) that meds solve nothing but do destroy some lives, are toxic, create chemical imbalance and so much more - none of which is good.

Beward people in white coats carrying prescription pads. I learned that lesson.  I'm still looking for an osteopath.

Yes, I trusted them too long. Had so many tests done on my body and never had over 15 medical professionals question the drug I was on “for life”. I take that drug out and ALL of my health conditions are reversing for the better. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

52 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

never had over 15 medical professionals question the drug I was on “for life”.

Eke! And none of these individuals considered the possibililty of side-effects or impact of an SSRI?

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Eke! And none of these individuals considered the possibililty of side-effects or impact of an SSRI?

Not a one. All the tests came back “normal” but why is my body attacking itself with all these autoimmune disease. I am happy that I was able to finally figure it out. I had to make nutrition changes. After all there was a reason I went on the med in the first place. But nutrition changes and removing the medication from my life have given me my health back! 

Hi G:

When you get time, read what Brassmonkey had to say on his thread.

I think you’ll find it very interesting.

Take care,

Frogie xx

23 minutes ago, Frogie said:

read what Brassmonkey had to say on his thread.

Thanks Frogie.

I'm trying to have positive expectations. 🙂

Hugs,

G.

59 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Thanks Frogie.

I'm trying to have positive expectations. 🙂

Hugs,

G.

You will. Just wash your hands a lot and stay away from sick people. 

That’s the best you can do.😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey @Giulietta, watched your corona vids, very interesting.

Oh and I agree with avoiding those white coat people carrying prescription pads....dangerous, they are.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Just wash your hands a lot and stay away from sick people. 

Thanks - and you are right Frogie. Accepting what I cannot change is giving me a run for my money . Neuroemotions and physical smyptoms have  over the last 48 hours - have given me a setback . Appreciate the reassurance.

4 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

avoiding those white coat people carrying prescription pads

A number of them good people sincerely trying to help. Seems like there are an abundance of psychopaths out there.  🤣

Glad you find the videos intersting!

Hugs,

G.

28 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

Thanks - and you are right Frogie. Accepting what I cannot change is giving me a run for my money . Neuroemotions and physical smyptoms have  over the last 48 hours - have given me a setback . Appreciate the reassurance.

I have a hard time accepting some things that I have no control over so I know exactly how you feel. I’m having some triggers the last couple of days. This morning I did a 30 minute light workout and now it’s shower time. Nice and sweaty. But it felt good to get my mind on something else. We are going to be ok. It’s very hard in wd to not “obsess” over things even if we have no control. That’s where our CBT comes in. If I remember to use it🤪 You are going to be fine. Just think good thoughts (I need to take my own advice).

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi G, just dropping by to say hello. 🙂

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I have a hard time accepting some things that I have no control over so I know exactly how you feel

I think of the Serenity Prayer - breaths - CBT - exercise - and music - try to follow every note per se. So glad my legsx have been OK enough to walk on the treadmill for the past few days 🙂

- in spite of the other glitches. So thankful for walking !

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Just think good thoughts (I need to take my own advice).

I have 'positive expectations' on a sticky on my desk. When it is not covered with papers, etc., and I remember to look at it is helpful.

Also - when ruminating - when I remember - I tell myself I am not a cow, don't have a rumen (spelling?) so to stop ruminating.... 😂

Heading off to do a few errands.

Have a lovely rest of your day and thanks once again for the reassurances. You are a bright light.

Hugs,

G.

Just now, Rhiannon said:

dropping by to say hello

Hello Rhi,

Nice of you to swing by and to be thought of. Grateful for the support over the past few days...and getting good reminders that things will work out. 🙂

Hope you are well

Hugs,

G