Just to say how much I appreciate the people on this forum - the moderators and leaders - and my fellow members who support me through this action-packed adventure. :rolleyes:

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/7/2019 at 7:55 AM, Shep said:

If you took .5 mg of Ativan and are metabolizing it at the 20 hour mark, it would take 140 hours (5.83 days) before the drug is completely out of your system. 

I finally looked at your wonderfully informative messages. I also looked into benzos and appreciate @Rhiannon 's suggestion and @Shep to wait 20 hours (if I need to take another) tablet.

@Guilietta

I'm not sure whether Shep meant you should wait 5.83 days to take another Ativan or 20 hours.  Since she had said that there was evidence that periodic use of benzos could cause dependency, I assumed on first reading that she meant the former.  I could be all wrong.  You might want to get clarification on that.

Gridley

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Gridley said:

I'm not sure whether Shep meant you should wait 5.83 days to take another Ativan or 20 hours.  Since she had said that there was evidence that periodic use of benzos could cause dependency, I assumed on first reading that she meant the former.  I could be all wrong.  You might want to get clarification on that.

Gridley

I'm sorry, that was confusing the way I wrote it. 

Yes, I did mean 5.83 days, as Gridley wisely noted due to the chance of dependency.

Since Ativan has a half-life of 10 - 20 hours and you don't know how fast you metabolize it, it's best to set a schedule based on the longest time the drug can be in your system. This errs on the side of caution.

So going by the 20 hour mark for the half-life means the drug is completely out of your system at the 5.83 day mark. 

If you were to only need Ativan only once or occasionally twice a week, you likely will be okay. Any more than that, depending on how fast you metabolize it, the more likely you are to develop dependency. Since this could also affect the drugs efficacy for epilepsy, please talk to your doctor about this aspect of the drug. Again, we can only give you best-practice advice for tapering and for gaging dependency, but for other issues, please work with your doctor. 

4 hours ago, Guilietta said:

@Shep I am  in prolonged withdrawal and I am not interested in starting a clonazepam taper until I am back to 'normal.' I don't how how long this will take. I have 7 more weeks of beads before I am fully off (I am at 2 beads for one more week).  That being said - I did a mostly CT in Dec 2018 from duloxetine.  What time frame would you think appropriate to start this?

There's no need to start a clonazepam taper until you're ready to do so. Because you have another health issue, it's best to be as stable as possible and set yourself up for success. 

I would let your symptoms guide you in when the time is right. Because one of the main issues with benzo withdrawal is insomnia, you'll want to establish a good sleep foundation before starting your taper, especially if you're more susceptible to seizures due to sleep deprivation. And of course, any other symptoms should be considered, as well. 

You may want to give yourself at least 6 months before starting another taper. Since you have a CT in your background, this will give you an 18 month timeframe after that CT before getting into another taper. But again, your symptoms will guide you. If you don't feel well enough to taper in 6 months, than you may want to hold a few months longer. 

Feeling well is key. 

Dear @Shep and @Gridley

Thank ou for the clarification on ativan prn dosing for the 5.83 mark as we don't know about metabolites in my system. Does it make sense that if have a lot of back to back activity - I could take closer than 5.83 days. Obviously I don't want to do this. This does elevate the questison of additional prn to my load of gabapentin and lamotrigine without benzos.  Maybe this logic is akin to updosing by a very low amount if updosing is required at all.

11 hours ago, Shep said:

There's no need to start a clonazepam taper until you're ready to do so

OK. Thanks.  I may in that case need to push back  on the MD.

11 hours ago, Shep said:

I would let your symptoms guide you in when the time is right. Because one of the main issues with benzo withdrawal is insomnia, you'll want to establish a good sleep foundation before starting your taper, especially if you're more susceptible to seizures due to sleep deprivation

This is correct - sleep deprivation may disrupt seizure control. This is often why neurologists who want to see aberrant activities in the brain waves want to perform sleep-deprived EEGs. Sleep is an issue for me - has been since starting cymbalta - and/or maybe the lamotrigine. I'm not sure which.Both can cause it.  Others I know on similarly high dosages of lamotrogine have moved their dosages to the morning to help with slee but I don't nkow if that is better or worse for control. 

I have been working with someone  (non-med coping issues) to improve my sleep. I am told that waking up 1x briefly is OK (back to sleep within 15 min). However, coritsol spikes, etc. throw that out the window.  

A neuruologist has suggested that higher dosages (like 600 which I am on) can cause anxiety. Do you know if this is true? I see at lower dosages it may be used to help with WD. I don't know if it does or not from o thers' comments.

11 hours ago, Shep said:

You may want to give yourself at least 6 months before starting another taper

Good to know. I had been thinking somewhere in that neighborhood. 

As always, continued thanks to you both.

Giuiietta

Hello everyone

Is anyone incapacitated by dizziness/weak-wobbly legs - that you literally cannot stand withoiut holding onto something or leaning against something - for 3 hours? (or maybe more?  I must sit in a chair. I may start to feel better after about 2.5 to 3 hours.   Rarely does it last fewer than 3 hours. Thereafter I am fatigued the rest of the day, not thinking too clearly, go to bed early, not myself, etc. My mind seems to/may function worse in the afternoon than while I am physically incapacitated in the morning. I honestly would fall down.

Accompanying symptoms in the morning: At this time I often have trouble to see - diplopia is much worse particularly on the computer screen - I may have trouble focusing/ think as clearly. Typing may be more difficult.

I have not experienced nausea.

@sunnysideup69 I have seen you refere to wobbly legs but I don't know wobbly they are.I believe these are wobbly legs. How bad are they? Do you have to call in sick to school? Are you stuck in a chair? etc.?  @Gridley I have had 'weaak' legs  trouble to walk - but this is

Thank goodness no auras today.  Grateful for that. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

8 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Hello everyone

@sunnysideup69 I have seen you refere to wobbly legs but I don't know wobbly they are.I believe these are wobbly legs. How bad are they? Do you have to call in sick to school? Are you stuck in a chair? etc.?  @Gridley

No, they are not so bad that I have to call in sick to work. I feel like walking will be difficult, but once am walking, am fine.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Thank ou for the clarification on ativan prn dosing for the 5.83 mark as we don't know about metabolites in my system. Does it make sense that if have a lot of back to back activity - I could take closer than 5.83 days. Obviously I don't want to do this. 

The 5.83 days is just an approximation, as it's unknown exactly how long the drug will be in your system for a number of variables. It's just a general guide. Please work with your neurologist to see if you can keep the Ativan to only once or twice a week at most. This will help reduce your risk for dependency. 

23 hours ago, Guilietta said:

A neuruologist has suggested that higher dosages (like 600 which I am on) can cause anxiety. Do you know if this is true? I see at lower dosages it may be used to help with WD. I don't know if it does or not from o thers' comments.

Are you asking about the Lamotrigine? Yes, anxiety can be a side effect of Lamotrigine but as you mention, it's sometimes used at low doses to help with withdrawal, although it varies as to whether it helps or not. 

Keep in mind you're taking it along with other drugs like Ativan and Klonopin, which are sedating, which makes you more susceptible to having paradoxical reactions - the more you dampen down the nervous system with sedating drugs, the more the nervous system fights to stay alert. This is the paradoxical reaction, which can include anxiety. 

So it may be a matter of spacing out the drugs apart from each other if you are experiencing this. This decreases the likelihood of a paradoxical reaction. What time(s) of the day are you taking your drugs? 

23 hours ago, Gridley said:

These links may be helpful.  It's great you had no auras today!

Hi there! Thanks for the links. I posted on one of them - it looks like 3 people are still active on SA. Everyone's EMG is negatie (which is a good thing) but this is a persistent symptom. I have also had muscle wasting. I asked if any of these folks are on a statin - which can cause muscle pain and wasting but it has a different pattern I think. I wonder if there is a circulatory component?  Doyou have any leg pain, Gridley?

I am having more chess pain today sno decided to see the caridiologist. Had leg issues and this morning minor ones but waas able to walk.

15 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

No, they are not so bad that I have to call in sick to work. I feel like walking will be difficult, but once am walking, am fine.

This is great news.

6 hours ago, Shep said:

It's just a general guide. Please work with your neurologist to see if you can keep the Ativan to only once or twice a week at most. This will help reduce your risk for dependency. 

Thanks, Shep. I will also her this question.

6 hours ago, Shep said:

which makes you more susceptible to having paradoxical reactions - the more you dampen down the nervous system with sedating drugs, the more the nervous system fights to stay alert. This is the paradoxical reaction, which can include anxiety. 

I thinkn I understand. It's a little complicated - just because of my difficulty with comprension.  I rarely take ativan so clonazepam is my sedating drug (unless gabapentin is but I don't think so?).  My schedule is .5 mg clonazepam at 7 a.m., lamotrigine ER at 6 p.m. and 1.5 mg clonazepam around 8-9 p.m.

I think 6 pm for lamotrigine ER was chosen because I could plan on eating a real meal with which to take it. That being said - this was 5 years ago so I don't actually recall. I can ask the neurologist (this will be my 2nd visit).

Thanks,

G.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Doyou have any leg pain, Gridley?

No, WD back and neck pain are my issues.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

3 minutes ago, Gridley said:

WD back and neck pain are my issues.

Sorry to hear that. Do you find you are confined to bed like some other people on SA?

By way of a quick post - and then jumping off - it's been a long day.  Started off with wobbly legs - not too bad today - and managed to do some walking so that made me happy. I was able to get out of the house - did some errands.  It was an emotional day - nearly breaking down int he store picking up a few Christmas giftsand emotional garbage of not being able to afford anything, feeling bad about myself because of that - even though it's the htought that counts. More emotions this afternoon - feeling bad about myself and angry and impatient with everything at the same time. 

Chest pain - not related to exercise - but I decided to call for an appointment eventhough it is likely WD.

Since I have the leg strength issues (weakness, heaviness, loss of muscle tone) - I wonder if this also affects our heart.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it! It will get better, stay strong!

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

June 2018 - Novemeber 2019: Lexapro 10mgs

August 2018 - Current: Zyprexa added for early morning extreme anxiety

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

May 1st, 2019 - Current - Zoloft 50mgs, 2.5mg Zyprexa 

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

confined to bed

No, I'm up and about, not much energy though.  My exercise is pretty limited, some walking. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

8 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I'm up and about, not much energy though.  My exercise is pretty limited, some walking. 

This is positive and same for my exercise when I can stand unaided. ;)

I am stuck in a wave.I have a good day or two - then lousy days - it is amazingly never ending.... Have a good night.

1 hour ago, thelegend said:

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it! It will get better, stay strong!

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to send me positive vibes!

Hi Giulietta

Just coming back in response to your comment on the leg weakness thread (putting it here so it doesn't take that thread off track).  You said:

"I have unfortunately not had any of the above - and attention - to follow friends I am usually in touch with daily. I have been beset with one issue after another and nary a window."

I am so sorry to hear this.  It is so challenging at times.  I get it, totally.

Know that we are with you and you are facing your issues with courage.

much love

Neroli 

2006 Citalopram 20mg on and off to 2013.  April 2013 - July 2014  Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Fluoxetine, Mirtazapine v. bad reactions. July 2014 - CT Mirtazapine.  July 2014 - February 2016 Medication free, long term w/d.  February - July 2016 Fluoxetine.  Medication free, long term w/d syndrome.  2017 Jan physical breakdown.

2017 February - March Escitalopram, Nortriptyline instated.  Lorazepam, Zopiclone PRN.  April 2017 Lithium Carbonate 250mg 1 wk. 14 August 2017 finish cross to Diazepam 22.5mg daily, stop Zopiclone

Tapers:

Diazepam 

2017 21 August - 30 Dec 21.25mg to 14.5mg 2018 6 Jan - 11 May to 12mg.  2 June updose to 12.25mg - hold. 2019 (0.5mg cuts) 12 Jan - 28 Dec 12mg to 10mg 2020 (0.25mg cuts) - 25 Jan - 29 Dec 9.75mg to 6.25mg 2021 *May have bungled dose and accidentally took 1mg more for about a month (7.25mg), so 4 Jan started again at 6.5mg; 19 Jan 6.25mg; 1 Feb 6.0mg; 23 Feb 5.75mg; 9 Mar 5.5mg; 23 Mar 5.25mg; 9 Apr 5.0mg; 6 May 4.75mg; 13 May 4.5mg; 6 Jun 4mg; 12 July 3.5mg; 2 sep 3.0mg; 15 Sep 2.5mg; 1 Nov 2mg; 15 Nov 1.5mg; 16 Dec 1mg; 26 Dec 0.5mg; 2022 1 Jan - OFF

Escitalopram - 2022 1 Mar to 9mg; 29 Mar 8mg; 24 May 7mg; 21 Jun 5mg; 19 Jul 4mg; 1 Sep 3mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 31 Oct 1.5mg; 22 Nov 0.5mg; 2023 1 Jan 0.25mg; 1 Mar OFF

Nortriptyline  2018 90mg to 2020 1 Dec down to 72.5mg; 2021 20 May 70mg; 8 Jun 67.5mg; 24 Jun 65mg; 31 July 60mg; 12 Oct 55mg; 23 Oct 50mg; 2022 13 Jan 40mg; 22 Jan 30mg; 29 Mar 20mg; 26 Apr 10mg; 3 Aug 5mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 2023 1 Jan - OFF

1 March 2023 - off all drugs - 6-year taper off three drugs.

@Guilietta, hello dear one, I empathise with the feeling of being stuck in a wave-like period of time. You're a strong woman and you're doing well. This is a difficult journey, for sure, but you're gonna get there :)

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

4 hours ago, neroli said:

I am so sorry to hear this.  It is so challenging at times.  I get it, totally

Hello @neroli

Thank you for you reply. I did not mean to take the thread off track. Is there a better one nto follow for weak leg muscles? did I comment on the wrong one?

@neroli If not - I will post whatever I learn on my page. I also have it in my fingers.  It occurs to me that these are the skeletal muscles we constantly make demands on particularly so I wonder if there is some connection.

Likw you, I am trying to find a coping mechamism to work around or lessen the impact of this WD issue. The pain and weakness is debilitating.

I appreciate the kind words.

Hugs to you

Giuilietta

4 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

I empathise with the feeling of being stuck in a wave-like period of time

14 hours ago, thelegend said:

it! It will get better

14 hours ago, Gridley said:

I hope you feel better soon.

Dear everyone - and @Erell and @Rhiannon @mustafa@Gridley@sunnysideup69@ShiningLight

This morning was another day of wobbly legs.  And being called a crazy woman by the only family member who I thought undertood when I told him this in January. Another this week told me I was dramazing. The other I live with hasn't said anything but feels the same way. At this point I would want to move inwith any of you - since you undestand good days and bad days and how incapacitating the bad days are - or I won't be kicked out. I can live with feeling emotionally trrible and maybe fake my wake through bad days of cognition. I can take ativan for auras. Coping with weak legs is different. I was told maybe I shoudn't walk ont he treadmill (which I don't do unless I have wobbly legs or of course are so weak I can't stand).  

My advice to you - based on my own situation-

Like @mustafa I hope you can live in your own place. @Erell I am glad you did not move in with your parents and hope you can find another solution if you can't keep your flat. @Emma7855 I hope you can find a way to hold onto some employment to get enough income to keep yourself independent if that is what you need. Maybe London has better social support.

It's far better than a parent telling you you're a crazy woman because of WD smptoms. This is the 2nd time I have heard it - the first time it was said more quietly and was in disbelief.

This mornig I was called a 'crazy woman' by a careless parent because my legs were wobbly so I could'nt stand. I won't go  into details. It seems patience is wearing thing. I thought I had more support albeit incorrect understanding.

Ironically I hve started working on 2020 goals and riting a letter to a friend nof 30 years last night. I had to stop when I couldn't say a positive thing (that is the truth). 2019 has been a lost year for me. I didn't get a job. I didn't get out of my p arents' house. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough. That is possible. Maybe I need a swift kick in the ass. Maybe 'tough love' is what I need.   The worst of the panic and anxiety is I think over Ithink. Other garbage feelings I can deal witrh. Auras I can ativan for if I need. Not thinking clearly maybe I can cope with if I have a low level enough job.  I have dealt with the feelings that I am a loser before - to feelings of competence and loving myself.

Ironically last night I started a 'brief'  request for advice on how to move forward - if it is reasonable to set a goal.

What do you think and does anyone have ideas about moving forard.  Now I have my answer so my question is a different ones. Get a job. Get out my parents house.

I had sarted to look for work in September before the wobbly legs started. I can't let them stop me. Then I started feeling like garbage, auras and all - so I decided I would start looking for telecommute work (still couldn't afford a place of my own).   If I found an apartment - even a studio which was pet friendly - I would have to abandon health premium which I could not do. In my contry unless you earn less than $15K a year you don't get your medical / helth care premiums subsided.  Even having that $600 a month would make financial survival hard.

I have to run. I have work to do.

Hugs, thanks and with tears

G.

sorry, foolks, i just don't have anything tno give today

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Maybe 'tough love' is what I need. 

That is the last thing you need.  You need kindness.  One of the many sad things about our situation is that if you had a "recognized" medical problem, your parents might be more supportive.  I am so sorry you're going through this.  Would reading a selected post from one of the wobbly leg links I send you help them understand?  Would reading some of this about WD help?

On 8/30/2011 at 2:28 PM,  Rhiannon said: 
When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus

My dear Friend,

Don't be sorry because you "don't have anything To give today " : you already Give so much here, there are times while all you need is some love ❤

I'm so sorry for what you can Hear from those around you : we  are all very isolated in this journey. The  time Will come when the dangerousness of these meds Will be know, I truly believe it.

Sadly for now we are seen as "crazy " people,  while the real crazy people are those who keep on prescribe poison. 

The best we can do for now is To take care as best as we can of ourselves. 

I don't know how you could create a better quality of life: find a job that you can do from home sounds like a Nice possible step. Are there opportunities like this in the USA ?

Could a mobil home be an option ?

I send you a lot of love my dear ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Dear @Gridley and @Erell

Thank you for your kindess. Self-care I wonder may not be making a difference for me.  The insults from family are I think worse.

I am now  just waiting to be yelled for doing something wrong.

The crazy lady comment is because I took the AD in the first place.

It's hard when you live with elderly people who feel lousy most of the time but need to function. They don't understand it Is OK for them (in their eyes) to be incapacoitated - but not me.

Unfortunate dynamics in the household mean that my opinions (or facts) don't count and that sibling's do. So - if he says I'm dramatizing  he's right.

I don't know whether the crazy lady comment are out of anger for what was done to me or that I was too sad / depressed or anxious to handle life without these drugs.  Maybe  I was weak. Yes, compassion goes a long way @Gridley. Patience does too. As @intothewoods and @Erell has said education takes time and even @Rhiannons brilliant explanation is soemthing their minds seem closed to. Minds are like parachutes. They only work when open. Your books or articles which you are working on as you are able will help. ;)

57 minutes ago, Erell said:

Sadly for now we are seen as "crazy " people

Sweetie, in many cases - yes - but perhaps these are mostly  by peole who think they know everything - we are.

58 minutes ago, Erell said:

I don't know how you could create a better quality of life: find a job that you can do from home sounds like a Nice possible step. Are there opportunities like this in the USA ?

There are -  It is very good thought, @Erell and I have been looking nintermittently for them (and FT jobs).

Telecommute starts as - FT often - do well enough then negotiate for some element of telecommute.   Freelance PT telecommute are more available but not consisstent to earn money.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Could a mobil home be an option ?

I have looked at these and I will ask @Rhiannon more about them. In my cold, snowy and icy climate they are not a good option.  . I  don't know if I could get a bank loan besides.  I am on a list for low-income housing - and it is 8 years @Erell ! Can you believe it. This is anywehre in the USA.  I can't think of anything else.

The only possible option is to rent a room from a friend and the same issues with my 'friends'. 

Staying at a residence inn I could not afford. I have invesitaged them.

Thank you everone for listenng. I relly don't know what to do.

Hugs,

G.

Hi Giullietta

No, you did nothing wrong posting in the leg weakness thread - I only moved over to your thread so that if our conversation moved from being about weak legs etc. in particular and any useful information about it, it wouldn't clog up that thread with unrelated messages.

I do hope you find some solutions and wish you all the best.  Gridley's advice is spot on.  Treat yourself exceptionally kindly.

much love

Neroli

2006 Citalopram 20mg on and off to 2013.  April 2013 - July 2014  Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Fluoxetine, Mirtazapine v. bad reactions. July 2014 - CT Mirtazapine.  July 2014 - February 2016 Medication free, long term w/d.  February - July 2016 Fluoxetine.  Medication free, long term w/d syndrome.  2017 Jan physical breakdown.

2017 February - March Escitalopram, Nortriptyline instated.  Lorazepam, Zopiclone PRN.  April 2017 Lithium Carbonate 250mg 1 wk. 14 August 2017 finish cross to Diazepam 22.5mg daily, stop Zopiclone

Tapers:

Diazepam 

2017 21 August - 30 Dec 21.25mg to 14.5mg 2018 6 Jan - 11 May to 12mg.  2 June updose to 12.25mg - hold. 2019 (0.5mg cuts) 12 Jan - 28 Dec 12mg to 10mg 2020 (0.25mg cuts) - 25 Jan - 29 Dec 9.75mg to 6.25mg 2021 *May have bungled dose and accidentally took 1mg more for about a month (7.25mg), so 4 Jan started again at 6.5mg; 19 Jan 6.25mg; 1 Feb 6.0mg; 23 Feb 5.75mg; 9 Mar 5.5mg; 23 Mar 5.25mg; 9 Apr 5.0mg; 6 May 4.75mg; 13 May 4.5mg; 6 Jun 4mg; 12 July 3.5mg; 2 sep 3.0mg; 15 Sep 2.5mg; 1 Nov 2mg; 15 Nov 1.5mg; 16 Dec 1mg; 26 Dec 0.5mg; 2022 1 Jan - OFF

Escitalopram - 2022 1 Mar to 9mg; 29 Mar 8mg; 24 May 7mg; 21 Jun 5mg; 19 Jul 4mg; 1 Sep 3mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 31 Oct 1.5mg; 22 Nov 0.5mg; 2023 1 Jan 0.25mg; 1 Mar OFF

Nortriptyline  2018 90mg to 2020 1 Dec down to 72.5mg; 2021 20 May 70mg; 8 Jun 67.5mg; 24 Jun 65mg; 31 July 60mg; 12 Oct 55mg; 23 Oct 50mg; 2022 13 Jan 40mg; 22 Jan 30mg; 29 Mar 20mg; 26 Apr 10mg; 3 Aug 5mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 2023 1 Jan - OFF

1 March 2023 - off all drugs - 6-year taper off three drugs.

14 minutes ago, neroli said:

.  Gridley's advice is spot on.  Treat yourself exceptionally kindly.

Thank you @neroli. I hope your leg funcitons improve too.

7 hours ago, Gridley said:

That is the last thing you need.  You need kindness.  One of the many sad things about our situation is that if you had a "recognized" medical problem, your parents might be more supportive.

Thank you. That is kind. I know you are right. I think the kindest thing I can do for myself is  to get away. I don't see anything here changing. As @Erell said - what can I do to make my life better. I have been asking myself this for months.

Maybe part of it is in my head and the person didn't mean to say this. Am I  blowing this out of proportion. I am sensitive (as you know).

I don't want to belabor the point with them - but the fact is that these ADs are also prescribed as pain killers (as you know), for epilepsy and a variety of other CNS illnesses.

I don't know if I mentioned that the huge opioid crisis in the US - those people deservedly get a lot of sympathy. They - like we - deserve compassion and kindess. 90% of opioid additions start with an MD prescription for a pain killer. That being said it seems those people get more compassion. So many die from drug OD's - in our town - in surrounding towns -  I don't know of a family that is NOT affected. People raising their grandkids. It is so sad.

Updated my resume and online presence today. Time to relax. Thanks again everyone.

Hello everyone,

I just posted the link to an article about the importance of having a life purpose for good health, from today's news (the article is from a few months back).

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/10/2019 at 3:33 PM, Guilietta said:

I thinkn I understand. It's a little complicated - just because of my difficulty with comprension.  I rarely take ativan so clonazepam is my sedating drug (unless gabapentin is but I don't think so?).  My schedule is .5 mg clonazepam at 7 a.m., lamotrigine ER at 6 p.m. and 1.5 mg clonazepam around 8-9 p.m.

I think 6 pm for lamotrigine ER was chosen because I could plan on eating a real meal with which to take it. That being said - this was 5 years ago so I don't actually recall. I can ask the neurologist (this will be my 2nd visit).

Gabapentin is generally considered a sedating drug. Many people are prescribed it at night for sleep, but then when they come to a site like SA and learn about its short half-life, will space some of it out during the day.

HOWEVER, if you're taking gabapentin for seizure control, then you'll want to follow your neurologist's advice for dosing. 

You posted when you take clonazepam and lamotrigine, but when do you take Lisinopril and gabapentin? 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, Guilietta said:

Is anyone incapacitated by dizziness/weak-wobbly legs - that you literally cannot stand withoiut holding onto something or leaning against something - for 3 hours? (or maybe more? 

Just to rule out anything that may not be withdrawal related, have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Since you're also taking Lisinopril, I just wanted to check on that, as well.

As they say, everything matters in withdrawal. 

Hi @Guilietta, iam sorry you live this now, i know it becomes upsetting but keep in your mind that this is expected, let me tell you that i was told this from my sisters and my parents as well, sometimes, and as humans, we all think that if you shout in someone's face, everything will end; at sometimes and when i tell my father about my suffer, he never told me that he understands nory mother did this but in contrast, they were telling me to ignore and i had something wrong with my mind, they thought when they told me this that i would ignore these silly feelings( as they think) and won't think of them again.

Like youbas well, i don't earn money and that was a problem for me with my parents as well. I have to cope and as 'gridley' told you, try to make them understand. 

Keep quiet, no problem is there, my dear feiend ❤️.

Iam with you in my heart and will pass by your thread  to support you everyday❤️.

Why don't you ( if you can), earn money as a freelancer?

I hope all my words are fine to you.

Excuse me if i say any tough thing please ❤️.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

45 minutes ago, Shep said:

HOWEVER, if you're taking gabapentin for seizure control, then you'll want to follow your neurologist's advice for dosing. 

Hi Shep,

Per neuro's advice my gaba is spaced out (7 a.m, 1-1.30 p.m. and 9-10 p.m.). I had not realized it's effect was sedating. Thank you for that info!

46 minutes ago, Shep said:

You posted when you take clonazepam and lamotrigine, but when do you take Lisinopril and gabapentin? 

Apologies. Now you will have to check on my post another time and I know you are very busy.  I wrote complete breakdown here:

7 a.m. .   5 mg clonazepam, 300 mg gabapentin, 2.5 mg lisinopril, 10 mg crestor,   - supplements below fyi

1 p.m.     300 mg gabapentin

6 p.m.     600 mg lamotrigine ER with dinner

9 p.m.-10 p.m. 1.5 mg clonazepam, gabapentin 300 mg

I have not been checking my BP or pulse but will do so and document. Upon what schedule would you like me to do this, Shep?

Chest pounding / palpitations ? Related to BP if BP an issue? Or other med combo?

I have intermittent chest pain - some days - which has been in past associated with stress and been evaluated with stress tests - negative findings. I have not checked BP at this time and had no luck pinpointing pulse.

I am reluctant to see cardiologist because I don't want to duloxetine symptoms issue to arise (again) at the hospital. It is documented by 3 MDs.  If palpitations show up on EEG I don't know what (unecessary?) further investigation might be prompted should it appear this is a WD issue. [I have seen chest pounding and palpitations reported on the site.] 

I exercise daily on a treadmill - legs permitting. ;)

My kindest wishes and appreciation and hugs,

G

2 minutes ago, mustafa said:

they thought when they told me this that i would ignore these silly feelings( as they think) and won't think of them again.

Hello @mustafa

Thank you for your kind words. These come from men (no offence) who happen to be intimidating individuals. I tend not to be very assertive. I don't want to invite a battle I can't win so I prefer to retreat and not invite more stress. My tactic is usually to ignore (or run and hide!).

3 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Why don't you ( if you can), earn money as a freelancer?

No luck finding anything freelance yet. Two places I looked at yesteday appear to be fraudulent organizations. One was recommended to me by our 'unemployment office' in my state 😕. However I did manage to update my resume and update online in two search locations. (It had partly been done in September until this wave started). This is a major achievement. :rolleyes:

I am now at the stage of what job I can do / apply for in a slow paced environment (not too stressful for me), can work from ohme whem my legs can't support me to walk unaided, and can afford to live near sort of near by the job. I live outside one of the most cities in the US.  I will get there.

9 minutes ago, mustafa said:

I hope all my words are fine to you.

Excuse me if i say any tough thing please ❤️.

As always - your words are well said and thoughts appreciated.

HOw is life going for you in your new apartment? Did you master cooking?

Hugs,

Guilietta

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Guilietta said:

my legs fine

That's great, G!

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

11 hours ago, Shep said:

Just to rule out anything that may not be withdrawal related, have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

Hi Shep,

I had taken BP twice during two previous episodes (8/29 and 9/2). I remembered this today. ;)

Symptoms: severe dizziness, blurry vision, foggy thinking difficulty typing and arm weakness (arm weakness cited on one day). Although I did not indicate leg asthenia in my log - it is possible I may have experienced leg asthenia. I might not have realized it. I have in other places documented 'stumbling' but not on either 8/29 or 9/2. Could be sloppy documentation on my part.

Symptoms appeared on these dates after taking morning medication (with food).  Meds taken: gabapentin 300 mg, lisinopril 2.5 mg, duloxetine (note the liquid compound at this time and  low unknown dose), .25 mg clonazepam, 10 mg crestor and supplements).

All pressures measured in my left arm (lower than right arm)

8/29

• sitting: 108/57 - this is lower than usual for me
  • standing: 96/61
  • lying down: 96/48

On 9/2

• sitting: 107/64
  • standing: 101/65

I experience dizziness and leg asthenia on many mornings - sometimes prior to taking meds and sometimes before. It may be 30 minutes after getting up or 20 minutes after taking them (with food always). It may last 1 hour or 3. I sometimes have asthenia in my arms at other times during the day although I try to ignore it. ;)

My usual BP is good - between 110-120 / 80-70 (left arm).

Please let me know how / when  I should measure BP to be most useful. Thanks again.

Giulietta

Morning @Guilietta,

How are you today? Just dropping in and catching up on your thread xxxxx