Kooples

What do you mean by finished?

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

I just feel completely and utterly without hope.

its nobody’s fault. I’m fine thank you. 

Thank you for listening 

1998 -2003 venlaflaxine 75mg

2003-2005- citralopram 10mg

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

occasional diazapam max of 10mg a week whilst on Prozac, cut down very very slow and have not taken since 2010 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

3.75 of zoplicone maybe once a fortnight if that do not take regular.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been given trazadone.. the lowest dose is 50mg capsules.. I want to try this as I cannot get lamotrgiene.

im extremely depressed and very exhausted.

the more exhausted I get the more flighty I am. 

I had previously not been on holiday for 6 years as I have been too unwell. Last month I took a short flight to Spain. It was 2 hrs long, it was horrific, my sense of balance which has been off since I came off Prozac was so out of whack I couldn’t stand. Every movement of the plane sent me into wave after wave of adrenaline surge. It’s the exhausting causing this. 

I want back on a antidepressant more than anything, I need to get well. I cannot make good decisions when I’m so exhausted. I love life and I love doing things I’m not a naturally depressed person but I see No point in living like this. 

I think when I’m exhausted my nervous system will kick back against the sedation of trazadone, I don’t know if to take a smaller dose( can I split the capsules)? Or to wait for a rare better nights sleep? 

I have been waking with the cortisol surges I had in the early years and it’s hard to carry on.  

Please advise as I’m desperate. 

I used to to talk to a girl on a fb antidepressants survivor page. She lost her life she suffered a lot. Akathesia like I do. I want to survive this. 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

occasional diazapam max of 10mg a week whilst on Prozac, cut down very very slow and have not taken since 2010 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

• Moderator Emeritus

I've asked the other mods for their assistance.

You might want to reconsider taking trazodone after reading the following information from Post #1 of this topic Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel) :

On 7/20/2012 at 12:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Trazodone (trazodone hydrochloride) is a nasty drug often added to antidepressants and other "activating" drugs to aid sleep.

It's nasty because it has an evil active metabolite, meta-Chlorophenylpiperazine (mCPP), and a huge number of interactions with other drugs that can make you feel very sick.

First, carefully read the below to see if you have any adverse effects from trazodone.

Trazodone's evil byproduct, mCPP
Trazodone's active metabolite, mCPP, does the opposite of aiding sleep -- it's very, very activating, often in an unpleasant way.

Wikipedia on mCPP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-Chlorophenylpiperazine

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Hello Kooples,

I'm very saddened by your story, really.

I'm in this kind of situation, although of course we are all unique.

I mean after 4 years off SSRI, I'm still suffering a lot. And I also have that desperate thought of trying to reinstate 1mg, with all the risks that this involves.

Moderators here are the voices of wisdom, because they knows how it could be dramatic in our case.

If you just want to talk, you can pm me.

Whatever you do, I really hope you will find some relief.

- 2002 -> 2012 Paxil, 20 mg for anxiety

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- February 2012 : reinstate 20 mg -> back to normal

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

2 hours ago, Kooples said:

I want to survive this. 

Did you check other possible diagnosis ?

*mold

*heavy metals

*Lyme

* deficiencies

It could be something what impact your recovery.

2012 March- low anxiety, I started sertraline and I got adverse reaction. -.I got depression, ss thoughts and other bad symptoms 2012 May I was put on Clonozepam & paroxetine- it helped. I stopped clonozepam after 4 months with no issue. 2012- 2016 paroxetine 20 mg/ 30 mg

10/2016-02/2017 I tappered paroxetine and during this I was feeling wonderfull. 3 months without paroxetine and withdrawal syndrome appeared. I went back to paroxetine but I couldn't stabilise. CRASH
01/08/2016--Bridge to fluoxetine. fluoxetine 20 mg , triticco / trazadone 75 mg , clonozepam 0,5mg
September 2016 I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. I did test in two different laboratories- both positive 04.03.2017. from 20.11.2017 I started tapper from 0.5 to 0.125 mg- when I got some relief from Lyme treatment. I crashed on 01.02.2018, I slowed down tappering.
20/03/2019-  clonozepam 0,0062 mg,  fluoxetine 20 mg, trazadone 75 mg
28/06/2019- clonozepam 0,0023 mg, trazadone 75 mg, fluoxetine 20 mg
29/07/2019- clonozepam 0,0012 mg trazadone 75 mg, fluo-20 mg
13/08/2019 clonozepam 0,0006 mg I cut trazadone to 50 mg bcs of terrible fatique- big MISTAKE- 21.08.2019 updosed trazadone to 62 mg-still WD- 28.08.2019 oryginal dosage 75 mg
26/09/2019 OFF clonozepam, fluoxetine 20 mg, trazadone 75 mg
06/05/2023 OFF clonozepam, fluoxetine 17 mg, trazadone 25 mg HOLD from 20.11.2021

FROM WD of paroxetine 2017 I have not recovered. I was diagnosed with Lyme, Bartonella , mold, I have low dao (Diamine oxidase). I don't know why but I have some relief from resweratrol, ginger, famotidine (Pepcid)

Hi.

thank you 

i was in excellent health prior to Prozac withdrawal so don’t think it’s anything else.

i have had implants for 10 years and I often worry about that but then I tell myself I was running marathons until I stopped Prozac. My problems are caused by complete exhaustion from insomnia and akathesia and over stimulation of the nervous system. Along with having a anxious personality 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

9 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

You might want to reconsider taking trazodone after reading the following information from Post #1 of this topic Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel) :

Maybe liquid Prozac is better then.. I can’t see how any drug can be more evil than Prozac though 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

• Administrator

Kooples, SSRIs such as Prozac tend to be activating. Trazodone's metabolite m-CPP is activating. This is why you're not getting much encouragement for that.

Your PAWS symptoms are over-activation from a hyper-sensitized nervous system. It's firing randomly. This includes the restless leg symptoms -- the neurons and muscles are firing inappropriately.

Benzodiazepines such as diazepam are anti-seizure drugs, as are lamotrigine and levetiracetam (Keppra). They slow down nerve cell firing. Zopiclone is related, but it is much shorter-acting and if it has a beneficial effect, it may not last throughout the day. (Still, if it helps you sleep, that's something. I would try only a very small fraction of a tablet, maybe an eighth, to see what it does.)

Anti-seizure drugs may be the province of neurologists in the UK, though in the US all kinds of doctors mix and match them with all kinds of psychiatric drugs, creating gruesome cocktails.

If you feel you must try Prozac, if I were you, I'd try only 0.5mg to see what it does. It's available in a liquid so you can take tiny amounts. Try only one drug at a time to avoid confusion. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I feel terribly sad and hopeless now as thinking that trazadone will help was lifting my mood. 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:57 PM, Altostrata said:

f you feel you must try Prozac, if I were you, I'd try only 0.5mg to see what it does. It's available in a liquid so you can take tiny amounts. Try only one drug at a time to avoid confusion. Please let us know how you're doing.

It’s not so much feeling I must as feeling I have no choice as I cannot access lamotrgiene.. 

Manipulating seratonin levels has always produced good results for me in the past, improving sleep and calming the constant thoughts I’m tortured by.. it’s not that I believe in seratonin imbalances it’s just what seemed to help for me.. I had very bad akathesia after I stopped Prozac, this stiffened my neck muscles into extreme tension. 6 years later this still causes severe tension and pain in my neck, jaw and facial muscles. When you are in severe pain and sleep deprived it is very difficult to make good decisions, I don’t know how to proceed. 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

Also this is not a criticism at all just a genuine question. I don’t understand why it’s ok to take benzos for years, stop and then go back to them now but you can’t go back to SSRIs? Is the mechanism different in the brain ? It sounds like I just want back on SSRIs and I don’t they destroyed me, I just want to feel calmer, sleep better and not be so depressed and anxious.

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

I have been reading about trazadone and although I don’t understand fully the mechanisms, I wondered if it was like mirtazapine in that it becomes more activating at higher doses? I need deep sleep, even when I do sleep it’s dreamy light non refreshing sleep. Zoplicone does help me sleep a little but I feel just as exhausted and depressed the next day. 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

8 hours ago, Kooples said:

I had very bad akathesia after I stopped Prozac, this stiffened my neck muscles into extreme tension.

I got this too when I withdrew from paxil, akathisia that was scattered by tension in my neck.

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

8 hours ago, Kooples said:

When you are in severe pain and sleep deprived it is very difficult to make good decisions, I don’t know how to proceed. 

So true.

7 hours ago, Kooples said:

Also this is not a criticism at all just a genuine question. I don’t understand why it’s ok to take benzos for years, stop and then go back to them now but you can’t go back to SSRIs? Is the mechanism different in the brain ? It sounds like I just want back on SSRIs and I don’t they destroyed me, I just want to feel calmer, sleep better and not be so depressed and anxious.

I don't know why.

I used to be in a french forum. And that's true that people with akathisia was the SSRI ones.

Yes the mechanism is different, benzo interacts with Gaba receptors, SSRI with serotonin. It results in different disorders.

7 hours ago, Kooples said:

I don’t understand why it’s ok to take benzos for years, stop and then go back to them now but you can’t go back to SSRIs?

I don't think it's quite that simple.

But it might be because SSRI activate the brain, and benzo just calm down, hence the danger of a reinstatement with ssri.

I cannot stand to feel this pain anymore. I can’t wake up one more day with this sadness. It is the worst pain I can ever image. Soon as I open my eyes after a few hrs of rubbish sleep I remember who I am and what has happened and it is a feeling I can’t describe. 

I cannot stand to drag myself through another day with this headache and tinnitus and fatigue. 

I cannot stand to hear the negativity in my voice sap everyone arounds me energy,

i cannot stand to Struggle to remember the names of people I have known for years. 

I cannot stand one more day of not having the energy to do the most simplest things.

i cannot stand to have permanent vertigo 

I cannot stand to talk and think in this way. And be so negative 

I cannot stand that everything I think may help I’m told will make me worse. 

Zoplicone makes me more depressed 

I just cant stand to go on 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

• Moderator Emeritus

If you are feeling suicidal please get local support.

for-those-who-are-feeling-desperate-or-suicidal

Samaritans UK & ROI
National
Contact by: Face to Face check-mark.gif - Phone check-mark.gif - Letter: check-mark.gif - E-mail: check-mark.gif
Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK - local rate)
Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI - local rate)
Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
E-mail Helpline: jo@samaritans.org
24 Hour service:

Hi Kooples,

I'm really sorry that you're feeling so bad. I don't know what more to say.

Alto suggested you a very low dose if you should reinstate, 0,5 mg, in liquid form.

But the decision is yours.

I have been in that kind of dilemma for 4 years.

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Kooples, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Still in a dark place. I take a small dose of amiltriptyline now. It doesn’t help sleep but it has helped the very painful head and facial pain iv had for the last 6 years. I also have less severe vertigo. 

My sleep in still poor and I still wake early with what I think it’s akthesia. I am still extremely restless both physically and mentally between 5.30 and 8.30am.  My mood is also mostly flat very little enthusiasm or motivation to do anything.

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I am sorry you're still feeling poorly.

How much amitryptyline do you take? When did you start taking it? What was the effect on you, how long did it take to help the symptoms?

Please update your signature.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

You may be able to strengthen your sleep, see

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

White noise devices for sleep

Hi Kooples,

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way, after all that time without news from you.

As Alto, may I ask what is the dose of amitriptyline that you take ?

I'm 5 years off now, and as my condition has gradually worsened I'm thinking about a small reinstatement just to help me manage the pain.

I hope that there will be a time when you will get better.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, Altostrata said:

How much amitryptyline do you take? When did you start taking it? What was the effect on you, how long did it take to help the symptoms?

Hello

i take 10mg of amiltriptyline. I don’t think I had any negative side effects except one night I had a small amount of alcohol and took the amiltriptyline. I had terrible anxiety and palpitations all night and hardly slept at all

i still sleep badly waking 5 or 6 times a night and then again very early feeling restless but I do find it easier to get back to sleep I think. 

I would say it’s improved my head and facial pain by about 25%. I am reluctant To go higher as I have found over the years that anything that makes others go to sleep will keep me awake.

its my Flat mood and anxiety I would love to improve. 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

• 3 months later...

Hello.

I have surgery this week and I am very worried about the side effects. I have felt like cancelling it today. 

I have asked that I am not given an anti sickness drug after surgery. 

any advice would be welcome. 

2005-2013- Prozac 20mg 

ct prozac In 2013

40 mg of propranolol 

Hi Kooples,

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

It's hard to give you an advice, especially if your surgery is required.

A year and a half ago I got a local anesthesia by the dentist, and after that I got an increase of my neuropathic pains. But several month later I was better.

Sometimes we have no other choice, unfortunately.

It's impossible to predict how things will happen.

Hope you will be fine, let us know.

Take care.

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:55 AM, Hisame said:

Hi Kooples,

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

It's hard to give you an advice, especially if your surgery is required.

A year and a half ago I got a local anesthesia by the dentist, and after that I got an increase of my neuropathic pains. But several month later I was better.

Sometimes we have no other choice, unfortunately.

It's impossible to predict how things will happen.

Hope you will be fine, let us know.

Take care.

How are you @Hisame

Fluoxetine 10mg 2 months 2019

Paroxetine 10mg 8 months 2020. tapered in 30 days, severe withdrawal symptoms when i tapered (30day-taper)

Paroxetine 10mg re-instatement for 2 months 2020, adverse reaction that crippled me completely.

DEC 2020 - Drug free

DEC 2021 - 1 year later doing terrible and still deteriorating

DEC 2022 - Fought for my life 2 years long only to end up worse than ever. Utterly disabled and torturous inhumane pain - intensity 20 on a scale of 10... 24/7 hell.

Lost my health, my job, my friends, my marriage and i can go on to the greed of pharmaceutical companies.

31 year old male, before this i was an athletic runner that ran 10km in 50minutes, now i can't barely walk or prepare food because my legs and body affected badly. Housebound.

improvements, only psychological symptoms improved. Physically worsening over the months. Especially my ability to walk, Now use wheelchair inside the house, on disability pay, household care. Body burns like hell, neuropathy from head to toe. I guess i won the sufferlottery. Please never re-instate. I don't know what exactly happened but it's definitely no withdrawal.