Jump to content
Bigbird

Bigbird: Paxil / paroxetine withdrawal

Recommended Posts

Gridley
Just now, Bigbird said:

How do I cope?

 

You'll make it through this.  I know it's hard to focus on self-soothing when you feel bad, but that's really the best thing to do.  Take a look at those links I gave you a while back.  They can really help.  And don't forget prayer to ask for strength.  

 

Things always look worse after a bad night's sleep.  It seems like forever when you're in the middle it, but you will feel better.

It's going to be up and down for a while.  As you begin to stabilize on the reinstatement, symptoms will be less intense.  

 

Distractions are very important to divert your attention from yourself.  Youtubes, TV, whatever you can manage.  

 

You will make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Thank you so much for your support, it means so much. I’ll go check out those links. 🤗 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Gridley, sorry to bother you again. My son says that I’m talking in a self defeatist attitude. What are some things that I can say to myself to get through my bad days? Also should I force myself to be more busy? I’m sorry, I’m just feeling so low and exhausted it’s hard to think of ways to get through these difficult days. Thanks again for taking your time to help me.

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Gridley (twice) and I (so 3 times in all) have both given you links to non drug coping techniques.  We provide these links because it important for members to learn and use non drug coping to get through the discomfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Thanks Chessiecat, I’m sorry, it’s just been a difficult day, thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17
2 hours ago, Bigbird said:

Gridley, sorry to bother you again. My son says that I’m talking in a self defeatist attitude. What are some things that I can say to myself to get through my bad days? Also should I force myself to be more busy? I’m sorry, I’m just feeling so low and exhausted it’s hard to think of ways to get through these difficult days. Thanks again for taking your time to help me.

For me personally, I would of gave up as I did before without this site. I find success stories very comforting and positive, give them a read! Especially when their dose/length on drug are longer than mine. You will get through this. Mindset helps a lot! I know how it feels to be beaten down and have literally no energy! You got this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird
2 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

For me personally, I would of gave up as I did before without this site. I find success stories very comforting and positive, give them a read! Especially when their dose/length on drug are longer than mine. You will get through this. Mindset helps a lot! I know how it feels to be beaten down and have literally no energy! You got this! 

Thank you so much Cocopuffz17,  It’s exhausting and I know I get myself all worked up, I need to work on my mindset. Thank you for your encouragement, I’m so grateful.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17
22 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Thank you so much Cocopuffz17,  It’s exhausting and I know I get myself all worked up, I need to work on my mindset. Thank you for your encouragement, I’m so grateful.😊

You are welcome! It’s very easy to get yourself all worked up, you need to recognize it and work through it. You got it and you are welcome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Good morning Gridley I hope that your well, 

i had a better day yesterday trying to keep myself busy and stay positive. My sleep still isn’t great, I awakened anxious during the night and slept very lightly after the awakening. I have a counselling appointment this afternoon and I have anxiety about driving on the highway so my daughter will drive me.  The thought of leaving my house to do normal things is causing me anxiety. Driving on the large highway, grocery store, going to a dentist appointment etc. is really creating anxiety. Those things just feel too much for me at the moment. I don’t want to become agoraphobic, but isn’t what I’m feeling just from a frazzled nervous system? So wouldn’t forcing myself to do things just make things worse? I looked on the site to find any information and didn’t find much on advice on what to do. What do you suggest I do , I find your advice very helpful. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
1 hour ago, Bigbird said:

What do you suggest I do

 

I've always been a bit agoraphobic and withdrawal has definitely heightened that.  WD does that, takes existing tendencies and exacerbates them.

 

I find that when I have to do something (even drive down to the little village from the mountain where I live) can ramp up my anxiety.   I really don't push myself too hard or force myself to do things, but I do try to do a few things.  I try to find a balance.   I'd suggest to find a balance, staying home when you need to and want to (always being kind to yourself) but still doing a few things that aren't too anxiety-producing, if you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Hi Gridley, I just came back from a walk with my dogs. My legs feel like jelly and I’m exhausted.

So I find driving to my counselling appointments too much at the moment, so should I only do bare bones necessary things? I don’t feel capable to drive on the freeway, just too stressful. I feel like I need someone to be with me when I go to the store, it’s all overwhelming. Is this normal, will it ease up. I actually feel like I’m never going to get off this drug. I don’t want to be on it, my family says that I’m not myself . I’m so emotional and the lack of sleep I’m sure is contributing to it. I just feel desperate at times. My husband finds it all confusing on how I can be almost fine then not so good. I’m sorry I’m trying to be strong it’s really difficult. So if I’m not up to counselling and anything else, I shouldn’t do it, just make myself do some basic things until this calms down, it should calm down correct? Thanks for your support, I depend on it,  your  really helping me.

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
4 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Is this normal, will it ease up. I actually feel like I’m never going to get off this drug. I don’t want to be on it, my family says that I’m not myself . I’m so emotional and the lack of sleep I’m sure is contributing to it. I just feel desperate at times. My husband finds it all confusing on how I can be almost fine then not so good.

 

Do what you can do.  I wouldn't force myself.  I don't push myself.  Just do the basic things you can do without pressuring yourself.  

 

You could tell your husband that feeling good sometimes, then bad is totally normal in withdrawal.  We call it windows and waves--windows being the good periods, waves the bad.  It can switch back and forth several times a day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Thanks Gridley, not forcing myself feels relieving. I really appreciate you helping me, I don’t think that I could get through this without support from yourself and others. I love animals and I have two dogs that depend on me for a walk daily. We found a small kitten about two months ago left outside, so now we have one adult cat and now this kitten we’ve named George. He is a handful at times,  and a little too much for me some moments. Too difficult to turn him away.  My young adult children are taking on more responsibility for him because I’m not my normal self.  I’ve read that your a dog lover also. I lost my dog Princess last October,  she almost made it to 15 years old. I miss her so much every day. She was always by my side. Thank you again, your helping me stay strong and I really appreciate it. Hugs 🤗 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley

 

25 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

I love animals and I have two dogs that depend on me for a walk daily. We found a small kitten about two months ago

 

Happy to help.

 

I'm glad you've got your little ones to give you comfort and companionship.  

 

Sorry about Princess.  I know you miss her.  

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Thanks Gridley, I’m sorry that you lost one of your dogs as well. Have a great day, appreciate your support .😊

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Gridley one last question and I’ll leave you be. My sleep issues are not falling asleep but staying asleep. I’ve read the links about insomnia. Besides melatonin do you recommend any supplements that may help with not being able to stay asleep. I believe that the lack of sleep is really making me feel terrible. My legs and feet ache, just generally feeling exhausted. Any ideas on how to stay asleep. Thanks for your help Gridley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
51 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Besides melatonin do you recommend any supplements that may help with not being able to stay asleep.

 

This is a common problem.  The only other suggestion I have except for the melatonin is that you could try a small dose of magnesium when you wake up.  It does have a calming effect and could help.  I do this some nights.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Keep the dose by your bedside so it's convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17
55 minutes ago, Bigbird said:

Gridley one last question and I’ll leave you be. My sleep issues are not falling asleep but staying asleep. I’ve read the links about insomnia. Besides melatonin do you recommend any supplements that may help with not being able to stay asleep. I believe that the lack of sleep is really making me feel terrible. My legs and feet ache, just generally feeling exhausted. Any ideas on how to stay asleep. Thanks for your help Gridley. 

I also found eating pitaschios helps a lot. They are melatonin rich. I tried it out for myself and found take 6-8 before bed helped me fall asleep easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird

Ok thanks, I take some before I  sleep now, I’ll try a small dose if I can’t go back to sleep. 😊 thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Bigbird
3 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I also found eating pitaschios helps a lot. They are melatonin rich. I tried it out for myself and found take 6-8 before bed helped me fall asleep easier. 

Thanks for the tips cocopuffz17, I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...