dustinnewman: withdrawal help - Effexor / venlafaxine

dustinnewman

So I’m on Effexor. I switched from the instant release to the extended release. I started tapering 25% per month. Until I got to 50%. That’s when withdrawals started to hit me. I immediately went back to 100%(37.5mg). That’s when the symptoms started to get really bad and it’s been a month and a half and I can’t kick the withdrawals. I keep staring into space and I’m just over all feeling like crap. What should I do? I was initially thinking about going back to the instant tablet instead of the beads. Then I was thinking about just waiting it out and hopefully it gets better. But I don’t know if I can. Suggestions? 

• ChessieCat changed the title to dustinnewman: withdrawal help - Effexor / venlafaxine
  • Administrator

Welcome, dustin.

Could you outline your tapering schedule? When did you go down to zero Effexor?

What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages? Are your symptoms worse at any particular time of day? How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.