HopeFloats: Prozac, amino acids, withdrawals – reinstating Prozac

HopeFloats

16 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Hello Hope

Sorry I have not been around for a couple of days.

I admit I was annoyed at you taking another drug after you worked so hard with DLPA.

Good job Shep is so patient.

I know I have to stay busy every day because then I do not feel the anxiety, and I am retired.

We notice anxiety when our minds have nothing else to focus on, like in bed.

What is worse, it becomes self perpetuating. This is why distraction techniques are necessary.

I know it is in the background but blue light from from flat screens inhibits sleep, even if you are not looking directly at it.

Have you tried quiet relaxing music?

You are retiring to bed believing you are not going to sleep, it has become a habit.

This is probably why Shep has suggested time off to try and break the cycle.

I believe it will.

There was a well researched program on tv recently that concluded supplements generally were a waste of money and could cause harm.

However good quality, specifically targeted supplements such as single vitamins,  were advantageous used properly.

We have had  a diversion but back on track now.

Sass

I was wondering about you, Sassenach. Im glad your back as I appreciate your support through all of this.

I’m sorry I annoyed you when I took the Propranolol. I was having major anxiety and I just couldn’t take it. There are so many times when I just feel absolutely helpless. Ive read how that drug has helped others so I was hoping it could help me too.  I think I even read that another Mod on here took something along those lines.

If it seems likely that the amino acids are causing more harm than good and possibly are causing a paradoxical reaction - like me not sleeping and waking up all the time- I’m also wide awake the next day with so little sleep. I don’t mean to be difficult- I just want to ask a question. I’m not understanding why we are waiting to start tapering The Tryptophan if we believe it is causing problems?

I am hoping you can provide me some reassurance that I am going to get better. I hope my body is healing as I type this right now. Stabilization just feels so far away right now. I can’t imagine living like this indefinitely. I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Did you ever have bad anxiety and insomnia during reinstatement?

Prozac:  

.20 mg (Aug 2020 - Current); .10 mg (July 2020); .20 mg (June 2020); 30 mg (May 2020); .40 mg (April 2020); .60 mg (March 2020); .80 mg (Feb 2020); 1.0 mg (Jan 2020); 1.25 mg (July 2019)

Lamotrigine:

37.5 mg (Aug 29th 2020 - Current)

43.75 mg - (Aug 25th 2020) tried splitting the dose 1 tab in morning and 3/4 tab afternoon - reacted terribly to this

37.5 mg (Aug 7th 2020); 43.75 mg (July 2020) (too high dose for me); 31.25 mg (Dec 2019); 25 mg (Nov 2019); 12.5 mg (Oct 2019) starting point

Amantadine 10 ml (Jan 2020 - Current); Claritin 10 mg (Nov 2019 - Current); L-Theanine 100 mg twice a day (Nov 2019 - Current); L-Arginine 1000 mg (Sept 2020 - Current); Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg (June 2021 - Current); Iron 25 mg

Baclofen 25 mg (Nov 2019 - Current) for sleep ; Melatonin 2 mg time released + L-Theanine 100 mg (on as needed basis for sleep)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HopeFloats

• Sassenach

• mdwstrx

• Shep

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, HopeFloats said:

Did you ever have bad anxiety and insomnia during reinstatement?

I still get anxiety and palpitations but I choose to ignore them and think about something else. This is why I keep busy every day..

I am lucky, insomnia is rarely a problem.

Stabilisation may be a while away yet, but it is the end, not the journey.

You will begin to feel better as you move ahead, windows and waves but slowly upward from that baseline we discussed.

I can tell you as often as you wish that you will get better, it is more important for you to start to believe it.

10 minutes ago, HopeFloats said:

I’m not understanding why we are waiting to start tapering The Tryptophan if we believe it is causing problems?

One reason may be because someone around here brought another drug into the equation😈

Sorry could not resist.

Shep really is the best, have faith and follow her suggestions.

Sass

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Sassenach or Shep,

i have been having IBS pretty badly - today has been horrible.

I’m wondering if it would be safe to start taking Metamucil or a mild probiotic?

As always, I appreciate the both of you immensely!

HF

Prozac:  

.20 mg (Aug 2020 - Current); .10 mg (July 2020); .20 mg (June 2020); 30 mg (May 2020); .40 mg (April 2020); .60 mg (March 2020); .80 mg (Feb 2020); 1.0 mg (Jan 2020); 1.25 mg (July 2019)

Lamotrigine:

43.75 mg - (Aug 25th 2020) tried splitting the dose 1 tab in morning and 3/4 tab afternoon - reacted terribly to this

37.5 mg (Aug 7th 2020); 43.75 mg (July 2020) (too high dose for me); 31.25 mg (Dec 2019); 25 mg (Nov 2019); 12.5 mg (Oct 2019) starting point

Amantadine 10 ml (Jan 2020 - Current); Claritin 10 mg (Nov 2019 - Current); L-Theanine 100 mg twice a day (Nov 2019 - Current); L-Arginine 1000 mg (Sept 2020 - Current); Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg (June 2021 - Current); Iron 25 mg

Baclofen 25 mg (Nov 2019 - Current) for sleep ; Melatonin 2 mg time released + L-Theanine 100 mg (on as needed basis for sleep)

On 8/27/2019 at 6:30 AM, mdwstrx said:

I'm so sorry you're struggling so much.  But never give up hope because our bodies change and adjust.  They are miraculous in their ability to heal.  

Our challenge is to learn how to let them heal.  It is, I think, what is meant by accepting where you are.  For most of us,

it's a very very hard reality to find ourselves in.  Once I accepted I was in for the long haul (like anyone who had suffered a severe injury), I realized I had to adjust to a new life

of rest and very limited activity.  I adopted some of the non drug coping techniques found here and parked myself on my sofa most of 

the day, with my Ipad (with the exception of exercising when I was able after the first month). 

My faith is in Jesus and I found that listening to Biblical ASMR helped calm me tremendously in the evenings.  

I can recommend a few artists if you have interest.  I also did a trial on Headspace.com learning meditation. 

That helped me a lot as well.  You can also find similar free videos on you tube.

I also kept good record of my progress.  If you know how to use excel, I highly suggest you do as well.

It gives you a clear picture of how you're improving.  When I started to have windows, I was amazed how different I felt during a wave.

It was night and day.  In a wave, I felt doomed, much like you do now.  Recalling the previous window did little to reassure me I was healing.

Looking back at my chart proved to me I was when I was certain I was not.  You can see that the windows got longer and sleep improved.  That

gave me new hope.

I avoided any triggers, especially reading the horror stories here.  We all walk our own path and it does little good to compare ourselves to 

those who've sadly struggled the most. We don't know their full stories, their makeup or other influencing factors like alcohol, drugs and stress.

Hope is what keeps us going.  Find your source of strength and cling to it.  Realize it will take time.  You will overcome this.  💜

Hello! 

You have a way with your writing - I keep re-reading your posts and am holding onto them for dear life.

I am not even sure what counts as a window in my situation.  I have moments where I would consider myself in a “tolerable” state of withdrawals. Then the other times are just too much for me. But I am always in W/D so I don’t know if I am even having windows. 

I pray  my body is healing every second while I am going through this.  It is so hard to not sleep, wake up with anxiety and then continue to have anxiety throughout the day.

Although, I am forcing myself to work, it is tough. I can’t accept any social invitations because those types of things are too much for me right now.

I had a cruise scheduled for December but I don’t think I will be able to go and I know my husband is going to be very disappointed. My life is on hold right now for I don’t know how long.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

HF

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

Hi HF!

There were many that wrote on my site when I was in acute wd and it was my lifeline; so, happy to pay it forward.  

Even though we can't count on comparisons, you'll note that my chart shows windows (at the one mo. reinstatement point where you are now) were very short-lived and for the most part, not a whole lot different from the waves.  Tolerable is a good word.  It becomes easier to recognize the windows as they grow longer.  Stabilization can take awhile but as others on the site have noted, we all do. I am praying with you for you're healing and that is powerful!  Have faith! 🙏

You're doing very well to get through the work day.  I had a similar occurrence in my stressful career many years ago (I did not recognize as wd then).  I had to take a short leave to get through it.  I remember not wanting anyone to know why.  But these drugs are so widely prescribed now that I might look at it differently now 🤷‍♂️.  That's a personal matter for you to think about.  But time off is a double edged sword.  Some people like the distraction of work.  However, as Sass put it above, it may be your best tool for now.

I'm sorry about your cruise.  I'm sure there will be disappointment.  I remember during the last go round I mentioned above, I had European friends scheduled to visit and had to postpone.  I was so saddened/embarrassed.  However, they said to me, "we were all adults".  They understood and we rescheduled for the next year - and had a wonderful time. 

Yes, your life is on hold but every experience we have teaches us something about life.  As you go through this, you will learn invaluable coping techniques among other things.  It's hard to see now but you will looking back.  💜

Hoping sleep improves tonight for you.

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, HopeFloats said:

I did not take Propranolol yesterday.  Yesterday, during the day and evening, was a decent day!  My anxiety was no more than a 3,  It might have been a 4 for a brief time.  It was good though.

Until, after I went to bed and began waking up at all hours.  

It seemed like about three hours after taking the GABA, Tryptophan and 1 mg Melatonin, that I would wake up with anxiety.

I don't understand how during the day when I am active, my anxiety is lower, but when I go to bed, it all of a sudden activates.

During the day, you haven't loaded yourself up with sedating drugs that cause paradoxical reactions. 

Anxiety was tolerable during the morning, afternoon and even early evening

It wasn't until after taking all the supplements and trying to go to sleep that everything changed 

Exactly.

14 hours ago, HopeFloats said:

i have been having IBS pretty badly - today has been horrible.

I’m wondering if it would be safe to start taking Metamucil or a mild probiotic?

Did the IBS start or get worse after you started the Propranolol ? Please note this drug's side effects, which include IBS symptoms: 

More common side effects

The more common side effects of propranolol can include:

slower heart rate

diarrhea

dry eyes

hair loss

nausea

weakness or tiredness

For information on IBS:

Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhea, bloating, GERD

Probiotics and gut health

Please keep posting your drug and symptoms journal as you've been doing. As soon as you're stabilized from the latest changes in drugs, we can take a look at lowering the Tryptophan. Please note:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

57 minutes ago, Shep said:

During the day, you haven't loaded yourself up with sedating drugs that cause paradoxical reactions. 

Exactly.

Did the IBS start or get worse after you started the Propranolol ? Please note this drug's side effects, which include IBS symptoms: 

For information on IBS:

Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhea, bloating, GERD

Probiotics and gut health

Please keep posting your drug and symptoms journal as you've been doing. As soon as you're stabilized from the latest changes in drugs, we can take a look at lowering the Tryptophan. Please note:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

So, IBS is something that I have had to deal with before....it was pretty much under control during the times when I was on the SSRI....since W/D began, it has gotten progressively worse...I have had good days and bad days....after taking the Propranolol, it may have increased in frequency....I sometimes do not mention the IBS, because in the grand scheme of things, although it is an inconvenient and bad side effect, it is not as horrific as the chronic insomnia or anxiety....so, I may forget to mention it at times....

Yesterday evening, my anxiety had gotten to a tolerable level, maybe a 2, between 6pm - 8pm at night...I was lying on my couch watching a show, just trying to enjoy the moment.  Then around 8pm, I noticed that I began to feel sleepy, all on my own (aside from the fact that I took Iron and Magnesium at 8pm).  This made me so happy!  To naturally feel sleepy.  I think I may have even dozed off for a second, only to wake up.  

Then, at 9pm, my alarm goes off to take GABA Calm.  I take it.  I noticed a difference after taking it.  I felt more awake, not as relaxed as before.  It was so frustrating.  

Sometimes, I wonder if getting off GABA first would be the thing to do?

It continued to go downhill from there.  Then I took the Tryptophan.  Then I took 2 mg Melatonin.  After taking 3 supplements, I felt more awake at 10pm at night then I did at 8pm at night. Ugh!

What was solidified in me is that I know I have to get off of the GABA and the Tryptophan.  Prior to W/D setting in, I was able to tolerate them.  Not any longer.

I have hope that my situation will improve by getting off them.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "stabilize".  I feel so unstable right now, I can't imagine stabilizing anytime soon, lol.  I am eager to begin decreasing the supplements so I am just not clear as to where I need to be before we begin to taper.

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

8/28:

12:39am - awake, starting to feel anxious

1:12am - lying, tossing and turning with anxiety

1:30am - moved out to the couch, watching tv

1:42am - anxiety seems to be lessening, closing my eyes with the tv in the background trying to get tired

3:23am - I guess I woke up, will try and go back to bed

4:48am - feeling anxiety and wide awake

5:30am - after tossing and turning, I decided to just get up

6:30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac

8am - got to work, anxiety is a 3.  Prior to getting to work, it seemed like a 4 or 5

8:19am - had some cherries

Note:  I have lost 17 pounds in just over a month.  I don't have that much more weight to lose.  Maybe 10 pounds max.  That would be pushing it, too.

My lack of appetite worries me.  I have to force myself to eat.  

9:30am - went on a long walk

10am - anxiety is increasing to a 3 or 4

tightness in chest and some heart palpitations

10:30am - anxiety is a 4, heart feels like it is beating faster or maybe its the heart palpitations, sometimes it is hard for me to define what exactly is going on

11:30am - overall, I am feeling like this morning is not as good as yesterday

12pm - 1pm - went to lie down in my car, my anxiety was like a 5.  Eventually, the anxiety lowered a bit and I was enjoying closing my eyes to see if I could fall asleep.  I didn't though.

3pm - anxiety is a 3.  I don't have a lot to work on right now, so I am fidgety.  My hands shake constantly. some heart palpitations here and there

5pm - left work, anxiety is a 2 or 3

6pm - 8pm - lied on the couch, anxiety is a 1 or 2, I feel things are tolerable right now

8pm - took 400 mg Magnesium and 25 mg Iron

I also notice that I begin to feel sleepy around this time

I think I even may have fallen asleep but woke right up

9pm - took 125 mg GABA Calm

9:19pm - I am feeling more awake than before 

9:30pm - I am fidgety on the couch, having trouble getting comfortable on the couch

took 1000 mg Tryptophan

9:42pm - feeling more awake, very frustrating 

10pm - tried 2 mg Melatonin

10:11pm - went to bed

10:25pm - started to fall asleep but got a foot cramp that woke me right up

11:30pm - woke up 

11:52pm - could not sleep so went to lie on the couch

8/29:

1:03am - I am awake, not sure if I had slept or not

3:10am - woke up, can feel anxiety

4am - woke up, getting up to go to the bathroom, anxiety is still there, it is like a 4 or 5

tried lying in my own bed after going to the bathroom

I think I fell asleep for a little while but I believe I was awake around 5am but not sure 

6:30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac, anxiety has lessened to a 3 

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes, I wonder if getting off GABA first would be the thing to do?

I also notice that I begin to feel sleepy around this time

I think I even may have fallen asleep but woke right up

9:19pm - I am feeling more awake than before 

I think you're onto something here, Hope. Yes, let's look at reducing that. 

Are you able to take a 10% reduction to test the waters? 

If so, please do not make any other changes and let's target the GABA.

8/29:

1:03am - I am awake, not sure if I had slept or not

3:10am - woke up, can feel anxiety

4am - woke up, getting up to go to the bathroom, anxiety is still there, it is like a 4 or 5

tried lying in my own bed after going to the bathroom

I think I fell asleep for a little while but I believe I was awake around 5am but not sure 

6:30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac, anxiety has lessened to a 3 

8am - got to work, anxiety is a 2 or 3

ate some grapes

9am - had some yogurt

9:15am - IBS

anxiety increasing to a 3

9:45am - anxiety is lowering back to a 1 or 2, getting sleepy

10:45am - back is bothering me, i use Bio Freeze, seems to help a little

I believe that DLPA was suppose to increase endorphins which lower pain

Now that I am off the DLPA it seems the back pain may be increasing

11am - anxiety is starting to act up, it had been pretty low so far this morning, heart palpitations are starting

12:30pm - left work, my back was hurting and I wanted to lie down and try and sleep, my anxiety is low right now - a 1 or 2

1pm - got home, lied down on couch to watch tv

2pm - think i fell asleep!

2:30pm - had a little bit of an enchilada

2:45pm - noticed increased anxiety, short lived though

3:45pm - feeling more awake, my mood seems better today, i have hope today that I am getting better

4pm - did the dishes

4:15pm - anxiety increasing to a 3 or 4

6pm - 7:30pm - went to a family dinner, I left early but managed to sit at the dinner table for a little while although I felt tense and fidgety, like a fish out of water, overall anxiety was no more than a 3

8:30pm - I dont feel as sleepy as I did at this time yesterday - hope I will get to sleep, I feel like I am more "normal" today

9:30pm - took 1000 mg Tryptophan

9:45pm - think the GABA and Tryptophan may have helped make me a little sleepy

10pm - took 2 mg Melatonin 

10:26pm - went to bed, but don't feel super sleepy

11:41pm - husband got home late and woke me up

8/30:

3:34am - i just woke up, I guess I actually slept for longer than an hour or so, anxiety is low

5:30am - I think i woke up before this time and was just tossing and turning, anxiety is like a 1 or 2

6am - got up to feed dogs

6:30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac, anxiety is low, like a 1 or 2

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

8 minutes ago, Shep said:

I think you're onto something here, Hope. Yes, let's look at reducing that. 

Are you able to take a 10% reduction to test the waters? 

If so, please do not make any other changes and let's target the GABA.

ok, that sounds like a plan

Yes, we can do a 10% reduction to test the waters

Is there any way you or Sassenach can help me with how to do the 10% taper?

I don't feel confident in computing this

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello hope.

If it is a capsule empty the contents and see if it will dissolve in water.

If it is a tablet tn-c if it will dissolve in water.

Post and let me know the results

Will get back to you in a few hours

Sassanach

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, HopeFloats said:

feeling more awake, my mood seems better today, i have hope today that I am getting better

Yes!  This is the spark that will grow.  :) 💜

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

20 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Hello hope.

If it is a capsule empty the contents and see if it will dissolve in water.

If it is a tablet tn-c if it will dissolve in water.

Post and let me know the results

Will get back to you in a few hours

Sassanach

The GABA Calm is a lozenge that I take and let dissolve in my mouth so I would imagine it will dissolve ok in water.

i just plopped one in a tiny bit of water and will see what it does.

i have the 10ml syringe with a orange cap on it. It measures in 2.5 increments 

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

1 hour ago, HopeFloats said:

The GABA Calm is a lozenge that I take and let dissolve in my mouth so I would imagine it will dissolve ok in water.

i just plopped one in a tiny bit of water and will see what it does.

i have the 10ml syringe with a orange cap on it. It measures in 2.5 increments 

The lozenge has been in water for about 1.5 hours. I see large particles floating around in the water. It doesn’t dissolve as easily as the Prozac does. Picture attached.

Is is there any way to cut it and taper that way? 

40E3A7B7-F0FE-46D8-B4F1-D4C3B1F90E09.jpeg

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope

Crush the lozenge between two spoons.

Draw 25mls of water and place in a glass.

Stir vigourously see if it dissolves.

If it does not, stir again and quickly draw off 22.5mls off from as close to bottom of the glass as possible and consume.

I am trying to have some time off this weekend but if you post your notes as usual, I will drop by to check everything is OK.

Have a good weekend

Sassenach

23 hours ago, mdwstrx said:

Yes!  This is the spark that will grow.  :) 💜

Thank you, my friend ☺️

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

20 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hope

Crush the lozenge between two spoons.

Draw 25mls of water and place in a glass.

Stir vigourously see if it dissolves.

If it does not, stir again and quickly draw off 22.5mls off from as close to bottom of the glass as possible and consume.

I am trying to have some time off this weekend but if you post your notes as usual, I will drop by to check everything is OK.

Have a good weekend

Sassenach

I think I messed up with the measuring and ended up taking a full dose.

I will try again tonight.

Ugh.

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

8/30:

3:34am - i just woke up, I guess I actually slept for longer than an hour or so, anxiety is low

5:30am - I think i woke up before this time and was just tossing and turning, anxiety is like a 1 or 2

6am - got up to feed dogs

6:30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac, anxiety is low, like a 1 or 2

7:45am - felt like something was stuck in my throat, really weird sensation

8am - at work, had to spray Bio Freeze on my back, anxiety is low, had some grapes

9:30am - back is still hurting, sprayed more Bio Freeze, went on a walk, anxiety is a 1 or 2 so tolerable, 

9:52am - had some salad

12noon - 1pm - lied down in my card, thought it helped my back

1:30pm - sitting at my desk, I can feel tension in my back,

if its not one thing, its another

the anxiety has been better the last few days but now I have to deal with pain

2:15pm - if anything is remotely emotional, I will cry

3:30p - beginning to feel increased pressure in the middle of my chest, still have the back pain'

4:15pm - went on a long walk

4:30pm - feel a little increased anxiety, noticed after the walk?

4:35pm - chest pressure getting stronger, like a 4

5pm - left work

also began to feel sleep as I lie on the couch

sprayed more Bio Freeze and used a heating pad for my back 

9am - tried to reduce GABA, I think I messed up and took the normal 125 mg dose

10pm - tried the new time release Melatonin

dont feel as tired

took .75 mg + .3 mg = 1.05 mg time release Melatonin 

10:30pm - went to bed

8/31:

1:19am - the dog woke me up

4:36am - woke up agan, trying to go back to sleep

6am - woke up again, just lied there, I feel more sleepy probably b/c of the time release Melatonin

overall, today my main complaint was my back

The time release Melatonin I think makes me feel sleepier upon awaking

It seems like my sleep pattern has improved a little - I am sleeping in longer stretches than before

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hope

Did you just make a mistake, or do you need clarification?

Notes looking hopeful

Sass

19 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Hi Hope

Did you just make a mistake, or do you need clarification?

Notes looking hopeful

Sass

I use a 10ml syringe so I had to draw 10ml twice and then 5 ml once to make the 25 ml of water. 

I think i may have drawn 22.5 ml of water instead which was the final amount I was suppose to consume. 

Because there was was hardly anything left in the glass after I consumed 22.5 ml so I think I did the initial draw wrong.

i am going to go much more slowly this evening. 

I am definitely seeing improvements with my symptoms and I am grateful for that. I’m still not close to being whole again but I have faith now. 

Thank you for all that you do. 😊

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.

Maybe a bigger syringe 😁

Hi Hope. 

Glad to hear things are looking up.  Below is a super quote from BrassMonkey, a moderator on this site that has written much of the content found on here.  I hope he doesn't mind me pulling it from a recent post he made this morning.  I thought it was helpful, to me going through tapering, as well as to those in wd right now.

"All of us have the inner strength to make it through this process, which by the way is not fatal.  ADWD will not kill you, it will just make you extremely uncomfortable for a very long time.  Our aim is to minimize that discomfort using the techniques we have learned over the years of working with many thousands of people ..."

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

8/31:

1:19am - the dog woke me up

4:36am - woke up agan, trying to go back to sleep

6am - woke up again, just lied there, I feel more sleepy probably b/c of the time release Melatonin

felt really sleepy upon wakening up

7am - watched some tv, started crying

8am - have a little more energy, began doing laundry

8:30am - 9:30am - cleaned a little

9:30am - chest tightness, 3

11am - went to get my favorite salad

while driving, noticed the chest pressure increased

1:30pm - went to meet my husband while he had some lunch

2:15pm - got home, began watching tv

2:30pm - 3:45pm - somewhere between these hours, I fell asleep and took a nap.  It must have been at least 30 - 60 minute nap

4:45pm - back began to bother me, sprayed Bio Freeze

am still feeling tired

6pm - anxiety is a 3, still tired

7pm - went to pick up a pizza, my appetite seemed to increase today, I had 5 little pieces of cheesy bread

7:38pm - anxiety increasing, 3

8am - took 400 mg Magnesium and 25 mg Iron 

9am - took reduced dosage of GABA Calm

9:49am - feeling more sleepy after the Tryptophan

10:08pm - went to bed

9/1:

2:21am - woke up, went to bathroom, fell back to sleep

5:30am - woke up, lied in bed, could not fall back to sleep

6:22am - got up

don't feel as tired as I did yesterday at this time

anxiety is a 1/2 

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

19 hours ago, mdwstrx said:

Hi Hope. 

Glad to hear things are looking up.  Below is a super quote from BrassMonkey, a moderator on this site that has written much of the content found on here.  I hope he doesn't mind me pulling it from a recent post he made this morning.  I thought it was helpful, to me going through tapering, as well as to those in wd right now.

"All of us have the inner strength to make it through this process, which by the way is not fatal.  ADWD will not kill you, it will just make you extremely uncomfortable for a very long time.  Our aim is to minimize that discomfort using the techniques we have learned over the years of working with many thousands of people ..."

Those are strong words and words worth repeating as often as necessary to any one going through this nightmare.  Any one considering taking an AD, needs to hear those words before actually taking one.  I wish I had.  

Thank you for your continued encouragement.  I so appreciate you!

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Hope

Just a quick visit.

🤞

Looks good.

I was joking about the syringe but it may be a good idea to get a bigger one, as you still have the Tryptophan to taper.

Withdrawal can generate some very unpleasant physical symptoms which almost certainly what the ongoing back pain is.

However if it continues may be worth getting it checked out.

I hope you have as good a sleep tonight.

Sass

1 hour ago, Sassenach said:

Hello Hope

Just a quick visit.

🤞

Looks good.

I was joking about the syringe but it may be a good idea to get a bigger one, as you still have the Tryptophan to taper.

Withdrawal can generate some very unpleasant physical symptoms which almost certainly what the ongoing back pain is.

However if it continues may be worth getting it checked out.

I hope you have as good a sleep tonight.

Sass

Thanks, Sass.  I will start looking around for a larger syringe. Yesterday my back improved and so far today, knock on wood, I haven’t had any issues. I truly believe it is W/D but will keep an eye on it and see a doctor if necessary.  Thank you for the well wishes 😊

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

9/1:

2:21am - woke up, went to bathroom, fell back to sleep

5:30am - woke up, lied in bed, could not fall back to sleep

6:22am - got up

don't feel as tired as I did yesterday at this time

anxiety is a 1/2 

8:11am - feel like something is slowly, sliding down my throat, way down my throat, uncomfortable

850am - feel fluttering, heart palpitations, not sure how to describe it, 2 or 3

9:36am - if I am lying down, when I get up, I get this weird sensation in my head - like tired, weakness, maybe low blood sugar?

9:50am  - anxiety is a 4, heart palpitations and fluttering

11:25am - started to feel better while I was getting ready in the house, driving to the restaurant, anxiety began to increase again, 4

still feel the low blood sugar feeling in my head

11:45am - tired, weak, low blood sugar feeling in my head

12:44pm - ate some food and lied down, anxiety has lessened to a 1 or 2

1:30pm - 4:30pm   got off the couch to run some errands, anxiety is under a 3

the weird head feeling is ok so maybe I did just need to eat

treated myself to an Orange Freeze 

4:30 pm - 6:30pm - I went to a bar with my husband and brother (I did not drink)

maybe it was getting to be too stimulating for me, I had to go outside and walk around a bit

7:45pm - lying on the couch, anxiety is a 3 or 4, chest tightness and pressure

8am - took 400 mg Magnesium and 25 mg Iron

8:26pm - anxiety is a 4, maybe a 5

9pm - took reduced GABA Calm (3rd day)

9:25pm - anxiety has lessened a little - could the GABA have helped?

10pm - took 1.05 mg time released Melatonin

10:11pm - don't feel that tired and back is starting to hurt, sprayed Bio Freeze

10:30pm - went to bed

9/2: 

12:07am - woke up, went back to sleep

2:04 am - woke up again, went back to sleep

3:42am - woke up again, went back to sleep

4:39am - woke up again but could not fall back to sleep, can feel mild butterflies in stomach

6:23am - got up

I am disappointed with my sleep and anxiety level today - not sure if I over did it today with running errands, having sugar and hanging out with my husband and brother

Could my body be used to the new Melatonin already and no longer reacting properly to it?

I know there are windows and waves - it is just disappointing when I had a more normal night's sleep on 8/31, and then the following day was worse

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

Good morning Hope. 

Overall, how would you say you're doing? 

It sounds like you're seeing some improvements. 

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

5 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Good morning Hope. 

Overall, how would you say you're doing? 

It sounds like you're seeing some improvements. 

Good morning mdwstrx,

Thank you for checking on me 😊

I am going back and forth right now. I’m some ways, I feel I have improved. In other ways, I feel I am staying the same or regressing. My sleep improved for a couple of nights. Even last night may count as an improvement as I think I got 6 hours sleep.

I feel like my anxiety was better (never fully gone though) for a few days and now it is back. 

I am just not sure what is going on.

HF

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

I think that is one of the very difficult things about the acute stage.  One step forward, two steps back.  It's evident in the chart I shared.  Over time, though, it will get steadily better.  Hard to remember when you feel bad in wave. 

One very positive note, you are at a low dose so that you won't have far to taper, if you decide to once stable.  

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

1 minute ago, mdwstrx said:

I think that is one of the very difficult things about the acute stage.  One step forward, two steps back.  It's evident in the chart I shared.  Over time, though, it will get steadily better.  Hard to remember when you feel bad in wave. 

One very positive note, you are at a low dose so that you won't have far to taper, if you decide to once stable.  

I am too scared to taper again - at least at this point. My goal is to increase the Prozac and keep it at the lowest dosage possible that keeps W/D symptoms at bay.

This is a roller coaster ride and not the fun kind either. Up and down. I have no idea what later today will look like or even tomorrow will look like. It’s taking things minute by minute. 

The worst for me is the anxiety and breathing and imagery techniques don’t seem to help.

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

The anxiety IS awful. The techniques you mention predominantly help secondary anxiety.

I too, was terrified of tapering; a decision best made when you're stable and feeling much more confident.

But now, you are sleeping a bit better and can see some progress! 🙂 That is so important and minute by minute is good. 

It sounds like you're doing well on acceptance and that's a major step toward improving.  It gives your body license to heal at 

it's own pace, something very much needed.

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

7 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

The anxiety IS awful. The techniques you mention predominantly help secondary anxiety.

I too, was terrified of tapering; a decision best made when you're stable and feeling much more confident.

But now, you are sleeping a bit better and can see some progress! 🙂 That is so important and minute by minute is good. 

It sounds like you're doing well on acceptance and that's a major step toward improving.  It gives your body license to heal at 

it's own pace, something very much needed.

That’s true, the decision to continue tapering the Prozac is something that can wait until I am stabilized and more confident.

I am scared of tapering the amino acids as I worry that new w/d symptoms will appear or current ones will be made more intense. 

The DLPA made the w/d symptoms worse. But I’m not sure about these other two. 

I am working on acceptance as well as Hope. Hope that this is a temporary part of my life that will be over soon.

How is your tapering going right now?

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine:

I was told by the mods that sleeping better is good sign the reinstatement is working. 

Worry does us no good so try to distract (I know, easier said then done).  Following the mods directions, you will do well. 

They know how to slowly approach 

reductions to minimize any symptoms.   

Tapering is going well.  Thanks for asking. I went a little too high my first month (10.22%) and found that I had to lower my expectations. Last month was 6.55%

Since then, it's been very manageable.  🙏 I'm experimenting with how much each week I can lower, on a modified BrassMonkey Slide.

Once I find a good combination, I will stick with it.  What I have found is that if you go slow and listen to your body's reaction, it IS doable.  At 5 mg., I have a few years to go but... a few years will pass anyway , Lord willing, so I might as well be productive. :) 

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

7 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

I was told by the mods that sleeping better is good sign the reinstatement is working. 

Worry does us no good so try to distract (I know, easier said then done).  Following the mods directions, you will do well. 

They know how to slowly approach 

reductions to minimize any symptoms.   

Tapering is going well.  Thanks for asking. I went a little too high my first month (10.22%) and found that I had to lower my expectations. Last month was 6.55%

Since then, it's been very manageable.  🙏 I'm experimenting with how much each week I can lower, on a modified BrassMonkey Slide.

Once I find a good combination, I will stick with it.  What I have found is that if you go slow and listen to your body's reaction, it IS doable.  At 5 mg., I have a few years to go but... a few years will pass anyway , Lord willing, so I might as well be productive. :) 

My sleep was horrible until I tried the timed release melatonin. That seems to have helped. 

Are you tapering on a weekly basis in order to meet a certain monthly goal? I’m glad things are going smoothly for you. Wow, at 5mg, you have several years left of tapering? 

Prozac:  

Lamotrigine: