Ryguy

Prebiotics?

Ryguy

the more i read the more i realize all of my skin issues, mental issues, etc....are coming from my gut, i can actually hear it all day trying to recover from years of psych meds, and every time it hurts , i start getting other symptoms elsewhere

also the more i read the more i can see that the idea that probiotics need to be fed in order to grow, and how good bacteria effects neurotransmission and can even help grow receptors

I've been throwing probiotics down my throat for years, nothing helped, ive taken every supplement in the book......but now im reading that prebiotic fiber is a type of soluble fiber that ferments in the gut and feed the good bacteria and is the fertilizer in a sense, necessary for it to grow

i just got some Inulin powder in the mail, and am starting to eat a lot more prebiotic fiber with my lunch and dinner , and lets see how it goes

has anyone had any success with healing their gut in this way? can prebiotics help speed up down regulated receptors to start growing again? does good bacteria help in that process? 

im learning about this one day at a time, desperate for answers 

KMart95

I have not heard of prebiotics helping receptors grow again but having a healthy, diverse microbiome is essential for mental and physical health ! One of my favorite books ever is Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe , it has a ton of info pertaining to this.

On the other hand, if you have a condition like histamine intolerance or SIBO, taking probiotics can make things worse instead of better, so it's a double edged sword. From what i've learned, healthy people with uncompromised microbiomes don't need to be taking probiotics. As long as you eat a diverse, healthy diet and haven't obliterated your gut with a ton of antibiotics, NSAIDs, or other medications that mess with your gut bacteria you should be doing okay on your own. 

In my opinion, I think the reason a lot of people have stomach issues when they go off antidepressants is the changes in serotonin production in the gut. I have dealt with a lot of pain, cramping, bloat and constipation in withdrawal which resulted in SIBO as my motility slowed down. Serotonin plays a big role in motility and digestion, and since 90% of serotonin is made in the gut, it makes sense in my mind.

Ryguy
6 hours ago, KMart95 said:

I have not heard of prebiotics helping receptors grow again but having a healthy, diverse microbiome is essential for mental and physical health ! One of my favorite books ever is Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe , it has a ton of info pertaining to this.

On the other hand, if you have a condition like histamine intolerance or SIBO, taking probiotics can make things worse instead of better, so it's a double edged sword. From what i've learned, healthy people with uncompromised microbiomes don't need to be taking probiotics. As long as you eat a diverse, healthy diet and haven't obliterated your gut with a ton of antibiotics, NSAIDs, or other medications that mess with your gut bacteria you should be doing okay on your own. 

In my opinion, I think the reason a lot of people have stomach issues when they go off antidepressants is the changes in serotonin production in the gut. I have dealt with a lot of pain, cramping, bloat and constipation in withdrawal which resulted in SIBO as my motility slowed down. Serotonin plays a big role in motility and digestion, and since 90% of serotonin is made in the gut, it makes sense in my mind.

yeah the serotonin theory makes more since considering it happened as soon as i took it out of my body 

i know dr axe, i read his stuff quite a lot