Ryguy

Prebiotics

Ryguy

the more i read the more i realize all of my skin issues, mental issues, etc....are coming from my gut, i can actually hear it all day trying to recover from years of psych meds, and every time it hurts , i start getting other symptoms elsewhere

also the more i read the more i can see that the idea that probiotics need to be fed in order to grow, and how good bacteria effects neurotransmission and can even help grow receptors

I've been throwing probiotics down my throat for years, nothing helped, ive taken every supplement in the book......but now im reading that prebiotic fiber is a type of soluble fiber that ferments in the gut and feed the good bacteria and is the fertilizer in a sense, necessary for it to grow

i just got some Inulin powder in the mail, and am starting to eat a lot more prebiotic fiber with my lunch and dinner , and lets see how it goes

has anyone had any success with healing their gut in this way? can prebiotics help speed up down regulated receptors to start growing again? does good bacteria help in that process? 

im learning about this one day at a time, desperate for answers 

KMart95

I have not heard of prebiotics helping receptors grow again but having a healthy, diverse microbiome is essential for mental and physical health ! One of my favorite books ever is Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe , it has a ton of info pertaining to this.

On the other hand, if you have a condition like histamine intolerance or SIBO, taking probiotics can make things worse instead of better, so it's a double edged sword. From what i've learned, healthy people with uncompromised microbiomes don't need to be taking probiotics. As long as you eat a diverse, healthy diet and haven't obliterated your gut with a ton of antibiotics, NSAIDs, or other medications that mess with your gut bacteria you should be doing okay on your own. 

In my opinion, I think the reason a lot of people have stomach issues when they go off antidepressants is the changes in serotonin production in the gut. I have dealt with a lot of pain, cramping, bloat and constipation in withdrawal which resulted in SIBO as my motility slowed down. Serotonin plays a big role in motility and digestion, and since 90% of serotonin is made in the gut, it makes sense in my mind.

Ryguy
6 hours ago, KMart95 said:

I have not heard of prebiotics helping receptors grow again but having a healthy, diverse microbiome is essential for mental and physical health ! One of my favorite books ever is Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe , it has a ton of info pertaining to this.

On the other hand, if you have a condition like histamine intolerance or SIBO, taking probiotics can make things worse instead of better, so it's a double edged sword. From what i've learned, healthy people with uncompromised microbiomes don't need to be taking probiotics. As long as you eat a diverse, healthy diet and haven't obliterated your gut with a ton of antibiotics, NSAIDs, or other medications that mess with your gut bacteria you should be doing okay on your own. 

In my opinion, I think the reason a lot of people have stomach issues when they go off antidepressants is the changes in serotonin production in the gut. I have dealt with a lot of pain, cramping, bloat and constipation in withdrawal which resulted in SIBO as my motility slowed down. Serotonin plays a big role in motility and digestion, and since 90% of serotonin is made in the gut, it makes sense in my mind.

yeah the serotonin theory makes more since considering it happened as soon as i took it out of my body 

i know dr axe, i read his stuff quite a lot 

Ryguy
On 8/10/2019 at 2:27 PM, KMart95 said:

By the way, since you own that specific book, would you be able to tell me what the five steps are that he takes to curing leaky gut? Because I can’t seem to find that info online without having to buy the book. Would be incredibly helpful if you could tell me, if you end up reading this. Thanks 🙂 

KMart95
12 hours ago, Ryguy said:

By the way, since you own that specific book, would you be able to tell me what the five steps are that he takes to curing leaky gut? Because I can’t seem to find that info online without having to buy the book. Would be incredibly helpful if you could tell me, if you end up reading this. Thanks 🙂 

It's kind of hard to explain because the book is divided into different sections. There's a different protocol for what he calls Candida Gut, Stressed Gut, Immune Gut, Gastric Gut & Toxic Gut. 

But chapter 10, titled "The Eat Dirt Program" has 5 general steps. 

1. Remove wheat & other grains, commercial cows milk, hydrogenated oils, GMO foods, & toxic chemicals.

2. Reseed with a soil-based probiotic. Get microexposure to dirt by spending time walking outside barefoot, digging in garden, swimming in oceans and lakes, etc. Buy produce at your local farmers market. 1 tsbp raw honey per day. Medicinal mushrooms like shiitake and green algae (spirulina).

3. Restore the gut by eating organic whenever possible, bone broth, raw cultured dairy, fermented vegetables, fermented vegetables, wild-caught salmon, sprouted seeds, coconut products and high fiber foods.

4. Release by reducing emotional & mental stress. Do something active. Drink chamomile tea. Read something uplifting. Essentials oils. Magnesium supplement. Listen to music. Spend time in nature.

5. Reseal with a high quality probiotic, digestive enzymes, l-glutamine, licorice root, collagen, frankincense (or boswellia powder) and other optional supplements include slippery elm, aloe vera juice, colostrum powder and MSM.

Other notes : test for SIBO, IgG & IgE allergy testing, and stool test. Avoid prescription medications especially antibiotics & NSAIDS. 

He also talks in the beginning how this protocol supposedly put his mother's recurring cancer in remission. Whether that's the case, I don't know, but i've done a lot of these things myself and my guts were doing very well until I had to take antibiotics again. L-glutamine 5g day gave me the most benefit. One thing he doesn't mention that should be mentioned is that if you overdo it with a ton of fermented foods and an excessive amount of probiotics there's a good chance you'll get histamine intolerance. This is what happened to me, so everything in moderation !

Cocopuffz17

I have been on a very similar diet for almost 300 days. My autoimmune disease is reversing and I was able to come off of my AD. I 100% know I would of not been able to do this if I did not change my microbiome in my gut. 

DaisyBell

I've been thinking about getting my microbe analysed via poop test. That would tell you what microbes are under/ over grown. Then you can focus on balancing it with the correct bacteria.

Ryguy
On 8/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, KMart95 said:

It's kind of hard to explain because the book is divided into different sections. There's a different protocol for what he calls Candida Gut, Stressed Gut, Immune Gut, Gastric Gut & Toxic Gut. 

1. Remove wheat & other grains, commercial cows milk, hydrogenated oils, GMO foods, & toxic chemicals.

2. Reseed with a soil-based probiotic. Get microexposure to dirt by spending time walking outside barefoot, digging in garden, swimming in oceans and lakes, etc. Buy produce at your local farmers market. 1 tsbp raw honey per day. Medicinal mushrooms like shiitake and green algae (spirulina).

3. Restore the gut by eating organic whenever possible, bone broth, raw cultured dairy, fermented vegetables, fermented vegetables, wild-caught salmon, sprouted seeds, coconut products and high fiber foods.

4. Release by reducing emotional & mental stress. Do something active. Drink chamomile tea. Read something uplifting. Essentials oils. Magnesium supplement. Listen to music. Spend time in nature.

5. Reseal with a high quality probiotic, digestive enzymes, l-glutamine, licorice root, collagen, frankincense (or boswellia powder) and other optional supplements include slippery elm, aloe vera juice, colostrum powder and MSM.

Other notes : test for SIBO, IgG & IgE allergy testing, and stool test. Avoid prescription medications especially antibiotics & NSAIDS. 

He also talks in the beginning how this protocol supposedly put his mother's recurring cancer in remission. Whether that's the case, I don't know, but i've done a lot of these things myself and my guts were doing very well until I had to take antibiotics again. L-glutamine 5g day gave me the most benefit. One thing he doesn't mention that should be mentioned is that if you overdo it with a ton of fermented foods and an excessive amount of probiotics there's a good chance you'll get histamine intolerance. This is what happened to me, so everything in moderation !

DaisyBell
On 8/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, KMart95 said:

Can you recommend a soil based probiotic? 

KMart95
22 hours ago, DaisyBell said:

Can you recommend a soil based probiotic? 

I don't use one. I love this book but personally I would never use a soil based probiotic. Soil based organisms are not a natural part of the digestive tract and i've done some reading that shows they can compete with the gut bacteria you already have. I think it's best to take a multistrain probiotic with human strains and spend time getting dirty whatever way you can ! But if you do want to take one i've heard good things about Prescript Assist.