☼ xDebbiejo

xDebbiejo

Decided to up my dose ( much to my dissapointment) this morning to 12 mg of the liquid !! Hope I done the right thing !

I hate taking this stuff, it makes me snappy.

I was wondering if I should change over to another ssri ? Which will be easier to taper? Prozac made me jittery, my doctor suggest cetalapram - can't spell , that's another thing, I am forgetting how to spell.

But would I just swap over - I guess leave it untill I'm stable?

Thanks for any advice xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xDebbiejo

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I was wondering when I will be able to stop my diazepam as I am only now taking a quater of a 5mg in the morning which doesn't do anything?

Thanks for any help

xxxx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Also I was wondering when I will be able to stop my diazepam as I am only now taking a quater of a 5mg in the morning which doesn't do anything?

Thanks for any help

xxxx

Hi Debbie, How long have you been taking diazepam. If more than a few weeks, you will need to taper diazeapam even though the 1.25 mgs seems a very low dose. Best to hold off any action until you are off ADs unless you are having an adverse effect from the diazepam. You're having difficulties stabilizing on Paxil and don't need to add other withdrawal considerations into the mix.

Did you first start diazepam on April 28.. how long did you take 5mgs regularly. When did you cut back to 1.25 mgs. from 2.5? Antoher option might be to hold the AD, and let yourself slide off diazepam. Given the short history, you might want to prioritize this and see if you can come off faster than you would if you held until the end of your AD taper..

These would be two different approaches..

I'm reading back thru your posts to get a history of diazepam, it's not in the sig line.. I'm very aware of diazepam at the moment, given I'm stuck at the 1 mg yard line because of my Lyrica taper. AGH.. these !@# psychotropics.

Hope you are feeling some better. ~S

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

Debbie, give any dose at least 4 days to see how it works.

No one can say if switching to citalopram will make tapering easier. It may, it may not. Best to try tapering paroxetine first, do the switch as a last resort.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I'm holding on the AD and want to get rid of the diazepam

Been on it for about 2-3 months when my withdrawal symtoms started have been taking half for several weeks now 1.25 for a few days

How will I go from here please Alto?

I'm not planning on reducing my AD at present but when I do I will stay with this to see if I can do it before changing to another

Thank you very much for your advice Alto xx

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm holding on the AD and want to get rid of the diazepam

Been on it for about 2-3 months when my withdrawal symtoms started have been taking half for several weeks now 1.25 for a few days

How will I go from here please Alto?

I'm not planning on reducing my AD at present but when I do I will stay with this to see if I can do it before changing to another

Thank you very much for your advice Alto xx

Hi Debbie, You can develop a diazepam taper schedule, but make sure Alto is in line with you withdrawing holding your AD taper. This makes sense to me as you may be able to come off diazepam faster now than if you are more addicted at the end of your AD taper. Let me know if you would like a hand. Until I hit the Lyrica wall at 1 mg. of diazepam I had a pretty good taper...

You reduced diazepam pretty quickly, and should go slowly for the last 1.25 mgs. What are your withdrawal symptoms, how long have they lasted. When you cut from 2.5 mgs to 1.25 mgs were you actively symptomatic. If so, you need to hold where you are now, or updose, depending on how much the withdrawal Sx are effecting you.

How well are you stabilized on the AD.. you have been up dosing because you have had a lot of symptoms. How much have they improved. I'm coming off the last 1 mg of diazepam by tapering .10 mg a month because I'm putting the Lyrica taper on the front burner. Slowww boat, but it should be gradual enough so I don't upset the cart. You will need liquid valium, 1mg to 1 cc strength. Is your doc in accord with this?

Rhi is also a terrific resource person here.. We are both active on BB.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks Schuyler

I'm not having any WD from the diazepam I don't think as yet. But as I came off my seroxat to quick ( before finding this site) after 16 years I thought I was dying.

Thanks to the lovely people on this site advising me to go back on and gradually up dose still I'm stable and be patient lol, I'm feeling much better - mornings still a bit rough but if I force myself to get up and shower it helps a lot.

Gosh , I didn't realise about diazepam tapering ! I've always had them in my house and took one every do often if needed if at all. Will I actually need the liquid then? I've only been on for 2-3 months and never took more than 1 a day

Maybe I will need advice then. What kind of side effects can they cause when withdrawing?

Thanks for your help and advice xx

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Schuyler

I'm not having any WD from the diazepam I don't think as yet. But as I came off my seroxat to quick ( before finding this site) after 16 years I thought I was dying.

Thanks to the lovely people on this site advising me to go back on and gradually up dose still I'm stable and be patient lol, I'm feeling much better - mornings still a bit rough but if I force myself to get up and shower it helps a lot.

Gosh , I didn't realise about diazepam tapering ! I've always had them in my house and took one every do often if needed if at all. Will I actually need the liquid then? I've only been on for 2-3 months and never took more than 1 a day

Maybe I will need advice then. What kind of side effects can they cause when withdrawing?

Thanks for your help and advice xx

Hi Debbie.. you may be able to come off with 2 mg tablets, but liquid would be better. You will need to revert to .25 mg cuts, and the 2 mg tablets will not cut to less than .5s Better slow and safe, especially as your system is sensitized from the AD taper. You may also want to hold for longer to stabilize from the AD withdrawal effects, though it sounds like you are not so far into the benzo hook that you will have a great deal of difficulty withdrawing. Still, benzos are tricky, so better cautious.

Side effects from withdrawing.. Watch for an update.. I need to take a break from the computer but will get you a few links. You can also check in with Benzo Buddies, but they are pretty overwhelmed right now, and you are not so far in dose that you really need them.

I will get a PM off to you, probably tomorrow, with a couple of links you might be interested in. Just now I've been at the computer for too long and my back is aching.. OHHHHH :-(

Thank you Schuyler

Xxxx

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Deb.. I sent you a PM, but could you put the time line for the benzo cuts you have taken in a post here. Do you remember how long you were at 5 mgs, was it closer to 2 months, or 3 months. On May 15 you mentioned taking 2.5 mgs, then on the 21st you indicated a cut to 1.25.. how long did you hold at 2.5 mgs, and how many days have you been on 1.25.

Thanks!

Oh gosh

As I didn't think these would be a problem I did not record anything with the diazepam. I stopped my seroxat middle of feb was ok for around six weeks then started diazepam just before started seroxat again. Been taking half for few weeks now taking 1.25 for about a week now - sorry my heads a bit fuzzy I should have recorded it but will from now on. In fact I have a fuzzy pressure in my head and am forgetting how to spell :( do you think it could be the diazepam WD?

Thanks Schuyler for your help if you can make sense of the above lol xxx

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

If you still need a short paper on paroxetine withdrawal syndrome, Bob Fiddaman probably has one at hand.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh gosh

As I didn't think these would be a problem I did not record anything with the diazepam. I stopped my seroxat middle of feb was ok for around six weeks then started diazepam just before started seroxat again. Been taking half for few weeks now taking 1.25 for about a week now - sorry my heads a bit fuzzy I should have recorded it but will from now on. In fact I have a fuzzy pressure in my head and am forgetting how to spell :( do you think it could be the diazepam WD?

Thanks Schuyler for your help if you can make sense of the above lol xxx

Not to worry, what you gave above is fine. I was wondering how long you held, and if the any of the symptoms you attributed to seroxat could have actually been benzo withdrawal. Do you think the onset of some of the withdrawal symptoms you thought from seroxat might have coincided with a benzo cut? Those would most likely show up between 3 and 6 days after the cut.

Regarding the taper.. looks like you did fairly well, all things considered. If it were not for the seroxat sensitization, I would say you did just fine, but there can be some cross over between meds, so best to be very very cautious from here on out, K? You are respecting the benzos now, good learning curve there, so you should be fine with a little patience.

The fuzzy pressure in your head, is that new? Does it feel like your ears are blocked. When did this start, or are you just anxious because you had not realized benzos could need a full taper? You held for a few weeks, so I'd think you are fine where the benzo lag time might be concerned.

I moved the rest to a PM.~S

Thanks alto

I speak to fid on the phone now and have the WD paper but will have to go much slower than he advises as of already ruining my nervous system by CT just about

Thank you alto for your advise xxx

Diazepam Free!

Hi Debbiejo. Just popping in with a {{{HUG}}} for you!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Hi barb

Thanks for my hug !!

Hugs back to you too

Thank you x

Diazepam Free!

Hi all

Can anyone explain what brain fog is please?

As I think I might have it

Thanks x

Diazepam Free!

Hi all

Can anyone explain what brain fog is please?

As I think I might have it

Thanks x

The total utter confusion you feel, even when you know what you're doing and where you're at.

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

Brain fog = slang term for inability to think clearly, brain is in "fog", memory not sharp, slow recall. Any or all.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Thanks both

No I don't have that then, I might have suffered with that before I stabilised.

Now I have this kind of tingly pressure in the crown of my head that keeps coming and going, strange but not severe as withdrawal symptoms. Maybe it's to do with the taper of diazepam, as also feeling depressed and demotivated but again it's not severe so I should be thankful

Thank you x

Diazepam Free!

Thought I was stabilised

Anxiety coming back , butterfly's under lower rib cage in stomach.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thought I was stabilised

Anxiety coming back , butterfly's under lower rib cage in stomach.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks Debbie x

Debbie, the anxiety is very probably related to the last benzo cut. I have not heard of a butterfly feeling before. Does this feel like it is related to anxiety? I have heard people complain of sensations in their head who were having benzo withdrawal. ~S

Is is worse in the morning, Debbiejo? I think you are about 8 hours ahead of me timewise, so trying to compute time of message. I'm not familiar with benzo withdrawal symptoms - curious if there is also a diurnal pattern with cortisol peaks.

I seem fine in the mornings now that cortisol thing has passed just wake up sweating but no extreme anxiety that I did have.

Just a lighter anxiety that comes and goes through the day.

I have just started the fish oil again, perhaps it's that.

I also seem to be bad tempered too when people say silly things.

It also may be the benzo but its not that severe just feel in limbo and unhappy

Thanks both for replying

I really value the support xx

Diazepam Free!

I also seem to be bad tempered too when people say silly things.

ME TOO!!! I think we're on the same page!

LOL

Oh that made me giggle barb!

People say some really stupid things, but I guess they just don't get it lol

Debbie xx

Diazepam Free!

Just an update

Stopped the fish oil again an d the slight anxiety feeling has gone - strange. Starting to get a bit funny again in the mornings, specially with this tight fuzzy tingling feeling on crown of head.

I'm still staying put on my 12 mg as I am tapering my diazepam as I've not been in it long.

Sending healing thoughts to all

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

Fish oil is good for most people, but some find it increases anxiety.

You may be able to take it after a while, Dj, when your nervous system has settled more.

LOL

Oh that made me giggle barb!

People say some really stupid things, but I guess they just don't get it lol

Often, it's the inside jokes that are the funniest, eh?! I tend to find humor where I didn't before, often in the silly (aka: stupid!) things people say! It's fun when someone else 'gets' it!

Lol

Diazepam Free!

Debbiejo, you sounded so proper and made me laugh with "I seem to be bad tempered...."! Thank you! It takes very little to amuse me!

Hi barb

Glad I made you laugh lol!

Hope you are doing ok

Hugs x

Diazepam Free!

Hi all

As I think I've mentioned before I am holding on the 12mg of seroxat/Paxil liquid as I want to taper the diazepam .

I know that the AD should be tapered first but that will take about a year or so.

As I have only been on diazepam a short while and from today have gone down to 1mg from 1.25, I need to get off these first.

I feel stable at present and don't want to be taking benzo's when I taper my AD which could last ages.

I will start my taper of AD when stable from the benzo.

Just need reasuring I'm doing the right thing!

How long should I stay on 1mg of diazepam before reducing please?

Wishing everyone well

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

Sorry I'm such a nitwit posting twice - its cos I'm using my mobile

Sorryp

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

Duplicate deleted, no problem.