☼ xDebbiejo

xDebbiejo

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Debbie, I remember you from my thread and another thread on here, I'm also in the UK. You've had some great advice on this thread and it sounds like you're on the right track, nice and slow. I'm sorry you have so much on your plate as well :( I have a terrible craving for sweet things full stop, and I did read in Ann Blake Tracy's book Prozac: Pandora or Panacea, that sugar craving and /or alcohol cravings are strongly linked to SSRI use for a lot of people.

I'm finding a few people I remember/know on here and I'm going to try and follow other people's progress rather than just selfishly only coming here when someone writes on my thread :D

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xDebbiejo

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks strawberry

I feel that I don't have a lot in my plate compared to others on this site.

I have been reading through the posts and feel somewhat guilty as I feel stable at present. There are a lot of lovely people on here who are suffering and it makes me feel bad I can't help as those very people have helped me.

I am so grateful to all on this site who have helped and advised me and only wish I could do something in return.

Love you all

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so grateful to all on this site who have helped and advised me and only wish I could do something in return.

Pay it Forward... That's what Alto asked me to do! Posted Image

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

[quote name='xDebbiejo' timestamp='1342054088'

I feel that I don't have a lot in my plate compared to others on this site.

I have been reading through the posts and feel somewhat guilty as I feel stable at present. There are a lot of lovely people on here who are suffering and it makes me feel bad I can't help as those very people have helped me.

Love you all

Debbie x

Hi Debbie,

You explained exactly how I feel.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty stable on the whole as well, I think just helping/supporting others who are going through it is good!

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I'm finding a few people I remember/know on here and I'm going to try and follow other people's progress rather than just selfishly only coming here when someone writes on my thread :D

That's funny, Strawberry. I realized that I avoid my own thread many times. That seems to be my life MO: avoidance.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Well strangely I don't think I've actually written on my own thread for ages and it's sunk right to the bottom of the heap!!

Hi all

Thanks for the soothing comments

Today I have reduced my Diazepam to 2 mil, will stay for two weeks then 1.5ml. Staying put with the Seroxat/Paxil for now.

I Have been reading my own posts from when I first joined, Gosh!!!! never want to be in that place again!!! :unsure:

When people join this site (most likely in WD) my self included, are devastated that they are advised to reinstate.

When reading the posts, learning more how these drugs effect our brain, slowly, I for one, began to understand the importance of reinstating, stabilising and slowly taper in order to experience the least WD or none at all.

I feel stable at present due to following the advice on this site, given by Alto and many caring members.

I now give out booklets to GPs nurse's, etc which I have bought from Mind UK which explains the dangers of antidepressants, withdrawal symptoms, and how to come off safely.

Thanks my friends for helping me to have quality of life whilst preparing for a safe WD

Sending thoughts of healing

Love and Hugs

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

You sound great, Debbie! Wonderful action you are taking to spread knowledge.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Your message made me feel very warm Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Glad you are coming safely off the diazepam. And great to hear you are spreading the word.

BTW.. your math is improving! :)

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Great idea about the Mind leaflets, must do that myself!

Thank you all

Interesting video Natural News interviews GSK whistle blower

Hope I'm aloud to add this link ?

Hugs

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

I just watched that!

Also interview wih Ann Blake Tracy (Serotonin, Pandora or Panacea) farther down on page. Several good statements.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you all. Hope I'm aloud to add this link ?

Debbie.. we can put links of this sort in!! A little variety to the site, eh? Thanks for this.

Oh thanks Barb, I will have a look, must have missed that one then :blink:

Hope youre feeling a bit better now Barb

I wasnt sure what I could post Schuyler :unsure: Very interesting though, just going to watch the other that barb suggested.

Thank you

Hugs to all

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

I guess youve watched "The Marketing of Madness" ?

Diazepam Free!

Also interview wih Ann Blake Tracy (Serotonin, Pandora or Panacea) farther down on page. Several good statements.

I can't find it Barb. Was it another video or just text? I'm probably looking on the wrong page knowing me lol. Ive been known to never be on the same page as others, so I've been told :blink:

Hugs

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

Thanks for posting the video, Debbie. And thanks for educating doctors with the Mind leaflet. You are truly helping others, who will get better information from those doctors now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks alto for your kind comment

Hopefully more gps will take note, especially with the fraud committed by GSK.

Feeling a little strange today, few irrational thoughts popping in to my head, nothing serious, I'm guessing it's the benzo drop from Monday

Hugs and healing to all

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks alto for your kind comment

Hopefully more gps will take note, especially with the fraud committed by GSK.

Feeling a little strange today, few irrational thoughts popping in to my head, nothing serious, I'm guessing it's the benzo drop from Monday

Hugs and healing to all

Debbie x

Hi Debbie.. watch those. You are getting the effect of the half life of diazepam active metabolites and should take a smaller cut next time round. Lesse, you are at .20 every two weeks. Go to .15 for the next drop and see if that takes care of it.

Thanks Schuyler

Thanks for noticing !

BTW my maths not improving !!

I'm on 2ml so do I drop to errrrr what? Lol

So sorry my brain is dead - I have a 3 ml syringe with with 10 dash's between each ml

Thank you Schuyler

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Schuyler

Thanks for noticing !

BTW my maths not improving !!

I'm on 2ml so do I drop to errrrr what? Lol

So sorry my brain is dead - I have a 3 ml syringe with with 10 dash's between each ml

Hmmm wonder if this would be better on your own benzo thread..

At present, you are on .8 mgs diazepam, and cutting .2 mgs D every two weeks. .1 ml holds .04 mgs, so a .2 ml (the amount in each dash) decrement would be a reduction of .08 mgs. To compare, you would be changing from a .2 mg drop to .16 mgs, both holding for 2 weeks. That may be enough of a change for now, but if you get more symptomatic closer to 0 you will need to go slower.

Draw up 1.8 mls of diazepam (one notch and eight dashes). Depending on how long the WD symptoms from this latest cut last, you may want to hold for an extra week before proceeding.

Howze that?? :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Huh, I just found the flaw. Sigh (Debbie, I'm getting my math out of moth balls for this, suffice it to say I check ad nauseum, it's healthy to get the skills back but I'm going cross eyed.)... The .16 mg decrement is correct, so you want to draw up 1.6 mls (not 1.8 mls... sorryy).

Lol , thanks Schuyler

I appreciate your moth ball math lol so please don't be sorry.

I'll post on the benzo post next time and I think I might hold on 2ml another week - also having a bit of head pressure if I'm still but when moving about it goes away

Thank for your help :)

Diazepam Free!

Thanks Deb for video, what b******s do this to everyone, and to think they're above the law too, its tantamount to bloody criminal.

I cry each time i think about it.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

DebbieJo way back, probably 2005 I was watching Dateline a nightly news show here, and the original Whistle-blower was being interviewed by Stone Phillips regarding the 'cover-up.'

I was on 40mgs. Paxil and I tool there, frozen in my living room.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Seems they ARE the law angie!

Numbing everyone, people are more controllable.

Like it states on the dollar note in Latin:

" order out of chaos"

Gosh nikki, well scary! It's just not right.

I think things will have to change soon, more people with a conscience are speaking out.

Hugs

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

Hi all

Just an up date

I have reduced to 1.5 ml of diazapam, also reduced my seroxat to 8mg/4ml

Just thought I'd try as I have no withdrawal symptoms and feel more than stable.

Have I done the right thing? I can go up a bit on the seroxat if I get any severe symptoms.

Thanks all

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi all

Just an up date

I have reduced to 1.5 ml of diazapam, also reduced my seroxat to 8mg/4ml

Just thought I'd try as I have no withdrawal symptoms and feel more than stable.

Have I done the right thing? I can go up a bit on the seroxat if I get any severe symptoms.

Thanks all

Debbie x

What you reduced for diazepam is enough before the seroxat cut. (ADs are not my tapering area). I'd be real cautious given the withdrawal you had on your last benzo cut. Cross over withdrawal from one drug to another happens more easily as we get to the end.. that is what I ran into in any case.

Ok thanks Schuyler

You said to reduce to 1.6 so I thought 1.5 is near enough and 50% less than what I reduced last time!

I think I'm being a bit inpatient , but now I'm finding myself waiting for WD as I rd seroxat too :( maybe I should go back up tomorrow?

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

If I were you, I would not reduce them at the same time. You won't know where withdrawal symptoms are coming from, if you get them.

If you want to reduce both, try alternating. Cut the benzo, wait a couple of weeks, then cut the Seroxat if no symptoms from the benzo cut.

Please be careful, Debbie.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes thanks alto

Just been reading my history and I think I have been a bit too enthusiastic. I should not have reduced the seroxat

Don't know what came over me

I think I should go back up, but will going back up mess with my cns?

Think I've been a little stupid here

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

See how you feel tomorrow. Cutting 1mg Seroxat may be okay for you.

Thanks Alto

I will see how I feel then

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

Hi all

Did a really silly thing, forgot to take meds this morning before leaving for work. We have been extremely busy and didn't get home till 9:30pm and then took my meds.

Been a bit hyper all day, strange as only a few hours sleep last night, again due to work commitments.

Feeling a bit shakey inside and a bit of fuzzy head pressure.

Just wondering if I should expect any more symptoms?

Just hoping I'll be back to normal tomorrow

Thanks for any help

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!