SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

dbDeb: new and struggling

dbDeb

I've been on antidepressants (mostly SSRI) for years.  Last two years have struggled with what is called "burning mouth syndrome" aka "BMS"  which came on suddenly after a hip replacement surgery.  Nothing but a runaround trying to get this diagnosed and treated.  It turns out when I tried to go off Celexa recently, the BMS disappeared.  So, for me, burning mouth syndrome is a result of SSRI.  Dr. gave me Levoxyl in place of Celexa and within two days of taking Levoxyl the BMS returned with a vengence.  Initial reason to go off Celexa was because 2011 FDA report that Celexa can cause fast heart rate and premature ventricular cardiomyopathy (aka palpitations, or PVCs) which I have experienced - tachycardia with ER visits to stop 200 bpm, and chronic palpitations.  I recently had heart ablation to try to stop the PVCs.  Within the last month I have lowered the dose of the Celexa to 10 mg from 40mg and one week ago switched to Levoxyl per Dr.  Stopped Levoxyl several days ago(after only a couple days on it) due to burning mouth again, and am attempting to try 5 HTP.   I am, right now, struggling with the withdrawal and am feeling lost in this.  I have no family to confide in and don't know how to proceed or go back to smaller dose of Levoxyl but suffer burning mouth with it or with Celexa.   I really was hoping 5 htp would be an alternative.  I need the connection with a support group.  Not sure what to do now.  

Edited by Shep
added member name to title
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello DBDEB

Welcome to SA.

I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

This site is run by volunteer Administrators and Moderators who all have experienced withdrawal.

Unfortunately, like all of us on here you found out the hard way that doctors and psychs know nothing about Antidpressant Withdrawal (A/D W/D ).

Please complete your introduction and drug signature here:

please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

It is only necessary to give full details of meds/ supplements taken in the last 24 months, previous  meds can just be listed.

Include drug name, dose, and dates taken/tapered.

Include all supplements currently taken.

This info will appear below every post and allow mods to see at a glance your current and previous history..

The following links will give you info. on what is happening to your body and CNS.

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

I understand that the info. we ask for can be difficult when you are feeling rotten, but it is the only way we can be sure of giving you the correct advice.

You are among friends on here who understand what you are going through.

Again, welcome to SA.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

• ChessieCat changed the title to new and struggling