Sign in to follow this  
GiaK

Detox stuff - advanced

GiaK
Posted (edited)

I'm going to start a thread with the info I'm learning on detoxing for whoever is interested. This is mostly stuff I couldn't engage with for many years when I was gravely sensitive. I remain highly sensitive but more in the range of less injured highly sensitive folks. 

there is a thread I already started that is also associated here: Lyme disease and healing from withdrawal 

I'll add links on another day as well...today I'm adding a post I just wrote below.

Heavy Metals

Heavy metals are just one really heinous environmental toxin that gets into the nervous system and exponentially potentiates “negative” emotions (as well as being painful in ways that go far beyond what most people can conceive of and is associated with all manner of chronic illness and other infections all across the population…which is why the medical establishment shrinks away from the reality and calls people crazy, etc). It’s messed up and only people who have experienced the detox in its extremes really know it–most people teaching detox are working in the dark.

Heavy metal detox can be dangerous as well and some people are much more seriously impacted than others. Your average detox guru is probably safe enough for less complex situations but when we get into the highly complex there is literally no one giving decent info out there. That’s because every healing journey is unique to the individual. The body must be met anew in every instance. General protocols cease to be helpful and can be dangerous. 

Another problem is that mainstream modalities mock folks with these very serious life-threatening issues telling them they’re crazy and don’t even acknowledge what is happening most of the time. There are many folks in living hells with absolutely no help at all…many of these people don’t even know what the issue is because it’s not recognized by the medical establishment.

At the very least there is some research that supports the fact that this is really happening but even then it also remains true that no one knows how to effectively and safely approach worst case scenarios. For example see: (from National Institute of Health)  Chelation: Harnessing and Enhancing Heavy Metal Detoxification—A Review

To be clear, there is a general agreement that heavy metals are some sort of nebulous problem “out there” but when it comes to the individuals who are most impacted there’s little to no recognition in the MD’s office…mostly because, again, they have zero training on such things and they therefore have no idea what they’re seeing when seriously impacted folks present, nor do they know how to help. Hence, the patient must be crazy. It’s a nasty world out there for sensitives quite often. We have to find our own ways out.

The body does and will lead the way as we learn to listen to it.

Yes, we must LEARN TO LISTEN TO THE BODY

The body knows

More on DETOX

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed links

ChessieCat

Thanks Gia.  Looks much better.  And definitely easy.

GiaK

Various bits and pieces that were in different posts but on topic here:

Layers of delusion and dissociation have been directly correlated with seriously imbalanced viral and bacteria colonies and other issues with biofilm matrixes in the body. As I have cleansed (detoxed) I’ve been healing long-standing "autoimmune disease" (the body does not attack itself...we simply need to learn to listen to the body). The brain injury continues to heal as well. “Mental health issues” associated with trauma also clear up as the layers of dissociation disappear with the biofilm matrixes. Word “disappear” while true, belies the real work involved in letting go. This has an emotional/spiritual process and a physical one. No separation.

This healing process has largely been a process of returning to the body.

Listen to the body.

I have had to unlearn everything I took in via, not only western medicine, but all manner of “alternative” conditioning as well. Only my body knows what is right for me and almost everything else is driven by capitalism and is tainted by peoples desperation to make a buck.

On Lymph...which is needed to detox effectively. It's critical...this is a serious part of learning to detox in an effective and safe manner. One must have a healthy lymph system. Being bedridden as I was for several years is the worst as crap in the body has nowhere to go and collects in biofilm making us sicker:

Lymph NEEDS movement and doesn’t have a pump like our heart in order to move. We need a healthy lymph to move out all the endogenous crap our body produces in stress as well as whatever is held in our cells from a life-time of not knowing how to listen to our bodies. It’s a process.

All movement is good and different kinds of movement helps flush the body in different ways. Dancing and yoga are my favorites…lots of different types of yoga and dance help get into all the nooks and crannies of the body. Massage and dry brushing is very helpful too.

I do an Ayurvedic inspired self oil massage every day. It’s such a profound loving self-care ritual! I have gotten hooked on them. Before that I was dry brushing for a few years.

**jumping on a rebounder mini-trampoline is good too.

massage is good, self and from others both

*Epsom salt baths help move lymph and help detox too...it was all I tolerated for a long time really, while I got my diet in shape and coped with the brain injury....it's great to do the dry brushing or the oil massage then get in the tub... 

(dry brushing and the oil massage are REALLY HELPFUL!!) it's a practice and it takes time but once I got cleaned out it really took on huge significance and now I can feel my lymph all the time...)

manymoretodays

Just a big thank you GiaK.

Still following and often linking folks up to so much of your work!  And I love when you post here.

This one, in particular, is very helpful for me, now.

It seems I have a bit of Copper showing up, on lab work.  And mind you........I'm still looking at those results.  And thankful for my functional(and I assume integrative doctor, who I've had for quite some time now).

So......thank you again!  And here's to me following your fine example of Self Care......and giving due diligence to my own stuff.  I'll try to share whatever I find helps, works, or furthers my own understanding too.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

p.s.  hmmmm, wondering where I'm at now.......I think WD 200's series fits.....B)........2 and 1/2 years now, off them all.  And it's good, it is. 

GiaK

Oh good to hear

manymoretoday's thank you.

It's always a strange Pandora's box once you get into this stuff. I think we all intuitively know it, which is why we avoid it for so long. It also quite genuinely does not seem necessary for everybody, by any means. I don't understand much of this journey. I suppose it will always be the case.

GiaK

Another post from today. This is just the part specific to the sort of detox we speak about here...more on site:

“Detox” is about eating well so that the body can clear daily. We’re always detoxing if we’re healthy. It’s when our detox pathways are challenged with crap food and environmental toxins etc that we get sick and actually need to think about detox. The healthy body detoxes everyday.

Detox is a word with way too much mystification around it. The healthy body detoxes without fanfare. We need to be caring for the body in the way mother nature intended, however. Our society is a long way off. As we come into alignment the body teaches us how to care for it.

mental and emotional and physical are all the same…totally interconnected. I’ve had to do really radical physical detox and it’s highly correlated with trauma release etc…in all sorts of sometimes mind-blowing ways. I wish I had more places to discuss and  share what I’ve learned.

more on detox

Read the rest of the post here:

https://beyondmeds.com/2019/08/26/trauma-detox/