Worthy

Worthy: tapering advice wanted

Altostrata
13 hours ago, Worthy said:

Thank you so very much for your reply. I stopped taking the ativan twice a day at the beginning of July  as i thought as i had only taken the 1mg  for a short time it wouid be ok to go back to my original dose as i did not want to become too dependent on it.  

You made random changes in your drugs and now you feel worse. You added benzo withdrawal to your problems.

You have asked repeatedly for a tapering plan but followed none of our suggestions. This has been going on since last August. This is very frustrating.

You said you were able to obtain Ativan, did you not? I would put the Ativan back. You probably will get dependent on it. You'd taper it later. Taking Ativan twice a day may facilitate your going off the other drugs.

Whether or not you get dependent on Ativan is a moot question. You are already dependent on 3 other drugs plus a benzo.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Worthy

@AltostrataThank you for your reply.  Yes i realise i have been very foolish and now paying the price.  Yes ativan is available for now.  Our country is in political turmoil and economical crisis so never know what will be unavailable.  I will do my best,  under the circumstances,  to follow any advice you give me.  

June 30th dosages and times tskenzypr
currently tapering zyprexa @3% every 2 week

August 05

Can anybody advise which of the following I should be tapering first.  I am currently on 
cymbalta. 12.36 mg
zyprexa. .75 mg taken at 10pm. 
 mirtazapine 2.8 mg
lorazepam. .5 mg taken at 10pm
Having bad withdrawals as have been multi tapering

August 9
I know I have been very wrong for not following advice given before.   Please can I start over and get help.  

Realised i I made a mistake with my signature on 30th June.  Cymbalta should have been13.2mg not 18.2mg.  

August 15th

dose unchanged 

Shep
On 8/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, Worthy said:

I realize I have been very foolish not following advice given to me on numerous occasions.  I now need to take your advice and start over as I am not coping.  Please can you help me start again with tapering advice and I will follow it.  My current doses are

cynbalta 12.8 mg from 60mg taken at 7am

mirtazapine 2.8 mg from 15 mg taken at 10pm

zyorexa .75 from 5mg taken at 10 pm

lorazepam .5mg from 1mg taken at 10pm

Worthy, please read this thread:

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Please note that preserving sleep is the priority. So you'll want to stay on the drugs that help with sleep and tapering the most stimulating drugs first. 

Since lorazepam is the only drug you have a continuing supply of, I would leave that drug to last to taper. It also helps with sleep, so another reason to taper it last. 

Since the Zyprexa is down to .75 mg, if you're not having a lot of side effects such as weight gain and if it's helping with sleep, you may want to stay on that drug and taper the Cymbalta first. 

So this may be the best tapering order for you:

1. Cymbalta
  2. Zyprexa
  3. mirtazapine
  4. lorazepam

This thread will get you started for tapering cymbalta:

Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta)

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Worthy

Thank you so very much for your reply.   I have a very limited supply of the zyprexa hence the reason for deciding  to taper that first.  I have been holding on the cymbalta mirtazapine and Ativan and have increased the Ativan to 1mg as advised to do by Alostrata.  .Do you recommend I stop tapering the zyprexa and switch to cymbalta.  Supply continues to be a major problem for me as borders closed due to covid and drugs not available in Zimbabwe where I live.  

June 30th dosages and times tskenzypr
currently tapering zyprexa @3% every 2 week

August 05

Can anybody advise which of the following I should be tapering first.  I am currently on 
cymbalta. 12.36 mg
zyprexa. .75 mg taken at 10pm. 
 mirtazapine 2.8 mg
lorazepam. .5 mg taken at 10pm
Having bad withdrawals as have been multi tapering

August 9
I know I have been very wrong for not following advice given before.   Please can I start over and get help.  

Realised i I made a mistake with my signature on 30th June.  Cymbalta should have been13.2mg not 18.2mg.  

August 15th

dose unchanged 

gardenlady

@Shep Please see Worthy’s response to your post.

2016-Aug-Prescribed 2 mg Ativan & 10 mg Ambien; Oct-c/o from 20 mg Lexapro to 60 mg Cymbalta; Nov-Dec-Tapered off 10 mg Ambien    

2017-Jan-Feb c/o from 1.75 mg Ativan to 13 mg Valium & begin daily liquid micro taper; May-taper Cymbalta 60 mg to 48 mg with severe withdrawals.  Begin 11 month Cymbalta hold.

2018-Jan 11 completed Valium taper; Apr-Resume Cymbalta taper.  Interval dose progress: Apr 43 mg; May 40 mg; Jul 35 mg; Sep 29 mg; Dec 21 mg; 

2019- Apr 14 mg; Jun 11 mg; Aug 9 mg; Oct 7 mg; Nov 6 mg

2020-Jan 5.2 mg; Feb 4.8 mg; Mar 4.3 mg; Apr 3.9 mg; May 3.5 mg; Jun 3.3 mg; Jul 2.9 mg; Aug 2.7 mg; 28 Sep 2.4 mg/12 beads; 25 Oct 2.2 mg/11 beads; 22 Nov 2.0 mg/10 beads

Altostrata

Please update your signature with your CURRENT drug schedule.

If you have to taper Zyprexa because of short supply, I don't know why you keep asking which drug to taper first. See Tips for tapering off olanzapine (Zyprexa)

If you've added a nightly dose of clonazepam, that should substitute as a sleep drug and enable you to go off Zyprexa.

@Shep @Frogie please check Worthy's benzo dosing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Frogie
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Worthy said:

Thank you so very much for your reply.   I have a very limited supply of the zyprexa hence the reason for deciding  to taper that first.  I have been holding on the cymbalta mirtazapine and Ativan and have increased the Ativan to 1mg as advised to do by Alostrata.  .Do you recommend I stop tapering the zyprexa and switch to cymbalta.  Supply continues to be a major problem for me as borders closed due to covid and drugs not available in Zimbabwe where I live.  

How much Zyprexa do you take each day and what time(s)? Can you continue to get this?

How much Cybalta do you have and how long can you continue receiving it? 

You may want to stop tapering the Zyprexa if you are on short supply of the Cybalta. Like Alto said, if you are taking Ativan, you may be able to get off the Zyprexa. Shep advised you to taper the Cymbalta first.

Thanks,

Frogie

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal and Prilosec from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine

Xanax 1mg three times a day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) three times a day to .003 grams three times a day.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional. The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Shep

On 8/3/2020 at 5:57 AM, Worthy said:

Current stock, of pills 

90 zyprexa @5mg

90 mirtazapine @ 15 mg

120 cymbalta @ 60 mg

30 Ativan @ 1mg

On 8/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, Worthy said:

The only drug that is available to me in this country is the Ativan so I would not have to reduce that.  

On 8/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, Worthy said:

cynbalta 12.8 mg from 60mg taken at 7am

mirtazapine 2.8 mg from 15 mg taken at 10pm

zyorexa .75 from 5mg taken at 10 pm

lorazepam .5mg from 1mg taken at 10pm

Cymbalta - 120 pills X 60 mg / 12.8 mg = 562 doses at 12.8 mg

mirtazapine - 90 pills X 15 mg / 2.8 mg = 482 doses at 2.8 mg

Zyprexa - 90 pills X 5 mg / .75 mg = 600 doses at .75 mg

Ativan - you posted this drug is available in your country, so you have an ongoing supply

17 hours ago, Worthy said:

Do you recommend I stop tapering the zyprexa and switch to cymbalta

That's up to you. As you can see from the amount of doses you have, you actually have more Zyprexa doses than Cymbalta doses at your current rates. And as you taper, your supply will last that much longer. 

If the benzo and mirtazapine are helping with sleep and you don't feel you need the Zyprexa, you could finish your Zyprexa taper first. But then I would concentrate on the Cymbalta. 

I know this isn't ideal due to the circumstances in your country, but you're at very low doses for all of these drugs except the benzo, so the stockpiled pills will last a long time. There really isn't any need to panic. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.