drugged

drugged: multiple drugs

drugged

@Rhiannon - thanks a bunch.  Hugs

drugged

I realized that I didn't do a very good job of describing my experiences with venlafaxine use and previous tapers/updoses.  In addition, in reading and communicating here on this forum I've recalled a bit more detail about my journey prior to landing here.  

I'll try to clarify the venlafaxine story here and then change my signature to reflect that.

1994 - I was prescribed and CT'ed three different SSRIs; paxil, prozac, and the third I can't recall.  All three caused adverse reactions; intense anxiety, increasing insomnia, severe restlessness (akathisia), etc.  In early 1995 I was prescribed venlafaxine and to which I also suffered an adverse reaction of hypomania (I was only able to see this in retrospect) however since I initially did not have a worsening of anxiety or insomnia and didn't have the akathisia, what I now recognize as hypomania was explained to me as an improvement in my depression.  

My dose of venlafaxine xr was gradually increased to 300 mg/day over a period of about 6 to 8 months.  I stayed on that dose for about 10 years.  At this point I've moved cross-country to live in AZ.  At around the 10 year mark I decided it was past time to get off this drug.  I talked to my psychiatrist about it and he only advised that I gradually reduce my dose over the course of a few weeks.  Over the course of the next 2 years I tapered the 300 mg of venlafaxine down to a point at which I thought I could just quit.  I think the dose at that time was less the 10 mg/day but don't recall exactly.  Within 12 hours I was a mess; terrible akathisia, pounding heart, sweating, extremely anxious close to panic, etc.  I paced the house continually until Monday (about 24 hrs total) then called the psych who told me to go back to 37.5 mg which was what I had on hand.  I did and the symptoms mostly cleared up though I continued with some anxiety for which the doctor increased my dose from 37.5 to 75 mg.  I stayed at 75 mg until June of this year (2019) about 12 years more or less.  

This past June 2019, after two moves in 8 months, I went to establish myself with a local healthcare practitioner.  At that appointment she administered a depression scale which indicated I was severely depressed (I wasn't, I was severely anxious and exhausted though) so she increased the venlafaxine from 75 mg to 150 mg.  I should have refused I know and I think part of my brain was sending off warning alerts but it all got lost in the overall anxiety, ongoing cognitive impairment, loss of self-confidence, general mental confusion.    Within a few hours of the increased dose my anxiety was off the scale, muscle pain was at between 8 and 9, IBS symptoms got nasty, insomnia even with all the CNS depressants I was taking.  I tried riding it out for about 10 days but at that point I was desperate.  I cut the venlafaxine from 150 mg to about 125 mg which was too much but I was determined not to go back up.  After waiting a couple more weeks I began to taper more slowly though still probably too fast until I stumbled across this forum and read about the 10% taper.  At that point I was taking 112.5 mg venlafaxine daily.  

I will clean this up taking out the descriptive material and edit my profile signature to reflect this more accurate timeline.

I can't thank ALL of you here on this forum even if we've clashed, I feel profound respect to all of the moderators, mentors, and administrator for venturing into the unknown and blazing a trail for the rest of us to follow.  A trail that hopefully, someday will become the official protocol for antidepressant, neuroleptic withdrawals.

drugged

'Tis the season for retail workers to have long, strange hours.  My spouse's hours are very changeable and I am finding it difficult to settle myself into a regular routine.  Routine seems to help calm my CNS.

I'm starting the 28 day free trial of Gupta's limbic retraining program.  As I go through it I'll try to post something about my experience with it.

Erell

Hi drugged !

Yes, it would be interesting To discover what kind of exercices you do in this program !

Big hugs 

drugged
1 hour ago, Erell said:

Hi drugged !

Yes, it would be interesting To discover what kind of exercices you do in this program !

Big hugs 

My pleasure, Erell.  Thank you for expressing an interest!  

Erell
3 hours ago, drugged said:

My pleasure, Erell.  Thank you for expressing an interest!  

Yes it seems interesting! I've read many times american people talking about this program on SA : i went on the website but didn't understand Well.

So I would be pleased To understand better what kind of exercices it is To see if we have something similar in French ;)

I understand your need about routine : since i'm in acute WD I have the same need !

I think that one thing very important for us is To keep regular bedtime routine. Can you go To bed at regular times ?

Wish you a delightful day 

drugged

@Erell I can keep to regular meal times and bedtimes.  

Hope you have a good day.

drugged

I haven't quite figured out the subtleties of waves and windows.  Sometimes the windows are obvious.  A lot of the time though the apathy and anhedonia make it hard for me to tell if I'm really experiencing a window or just having a more 'gentle' wave.  Sometimes it seems as if I have windows that only last an hour or two.  Is that a true window?  

One of the symptoms I've been experiencing since this summer is an almost total lack of interest in food.  That and food doesn't taste 'right.'  I feel hungry and I eat but I used to get a lot of pleasure out of cooking and baking, planning holiday meals, and deciding what cookies and candies I would make to give away.  Now I imagine a food that I used to love and it's just meh ...  I could (I have for several days at a time) eat bologna sandwiches everyday for dinner and not care.  Until this summer I never ate bologna except on extremely rare occasions.  This is the exact opposite of the 'real' me and I know my diet has been crap for the last several months.  I feel a lot of despair that the person I once was will never reappear ... 😢

Today I woke up with despair and it's been following me ever since.  I'm telling myself it's just chemicals in my brain but I'm not sure I believe myself.

drugged

Woke up with severe burning pain in left eye (8-9).  Have to keep eye closed.  Eye is weeping and left sinus is running.  

drugged

It appears I need to decide whether or not to purchase the Gupta program in order to access any of the actual meditations and other exercises.  The first step, meditating twice daily for 20 minutes each time I'm doing using mindfulness meditations from Jon Kabat-Zinn that I've been using.  I'm doing one 45 minute meditation daily instead of two.  I'm also utilizing a progressive muscle relaxation meditation that I had.  When Gupta talks about the meditation component he points out that meditation can cause anxiety in some people and, if that is the case, to try guided imagery or any process that calms and quiets the central nervous system.  His program apparently offers a selection of audios you can try so you can find ones that suit you.  At any rate, I've been meditating with Kabat-Zinn for about two weeks now.  It's proving a bit difficult with the constant noise of traffic and large trucks but it is getting easier bit by bit.  

I've also started reading a book by Dr. Peter Breggin, "Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal." It's quite interesting though my cognitive difficulties make the reading slow-going.  It does feel like there's been a slight improvement cognitively - I don't have to re-read sentences several times to achieve basic comprehension.  I used to say, in speaking of the old age that was then in my future, that I could handle being physically incapacitated but if my mind went I wanted someone to just put me out of my misery.  I guess that still stands as I am hopeful I'll regain the majority of my brain function by withdrawing from as much of the chemical cocktail as is possible.    

The eye problem I woke up with has resolved some but the left eye is still ultra-sensitive so I'll be spending quality time today with hot compresses across my eyes.  My cat adores it when I apply heat to aching muscles but the eye compresses are damp so very much not appreciated.  

Erell

Hi you !

Funny that you talk about John Kabat-Zinn: I bought a book and started To read it. I'm going To practice his 8weeks MBSR program.

I'm really impressed that you manage To practice a 45minutes méditation! I can't  ;)

What I do is practicing several times in the day, Generally 10minutes of mindfullness. 

Glad To read that your eye's problem calmed down a bit.

Hugs

• Like 1

drugged
1 hour ago, Erell said:

Hi you !

Funny that you talk about John Kabat-Zinn: I bought a book and started To read it. I'm going To practice his 8weeks MBSR program.

I'm really impressed that you manage To practice a 45minutes méditation! I can't  ;)

What I do is practicing several times in the day, Generally 10minutes of mindfullness. 

Glad To read that your eye's problem calmed down a bit.

Hugs

Hi Erell,

Thank you for your kind words.  To be honest, meditating isn't new to me, I just hadn't been practicing these last months.  I have Kabat-Zinn's MBSR program also and I really like the body scan meditation except that I tend to fall asleep before I get to the end of it.  Right now I'm using his meditations for beginners which is a series of 5 shorter meditations.  I do a couple of those at a time.  Somehow knowing the meditation is only going to be about 20 minutes helps me at this point.  I usually go straight to the second one but there are a few seconds to shift position, pull a blanket over me or throw one off ...  

How are you doing with your taper?  

Hugs to you

drugged
On 11/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, Erell said:

So I would be pleased To understand better what kind of exercices it is To see if we have something similar in French

I was just on the Gupta webpage and noticed a drop down menu in the upper right corner for choice of language and I see it (the website) available in several languages including le français.  

• Like 1

drugged

Virtually every morning, when I first wake up, I feel this intense wave of dread followed by deep despair.  These feelings rarely last more than a half hour at most but as they are my first awareness of the coming day  they are disturbing.  Over the past 6 going on 7 years, I've often wished I would die and I've had a persistent sense that these drugs are going to kill me. I can't say I've never felt suicidal before but I can say that I never had any suicidal thoughts during that ~20 year time period when I was not on any psych drugs.  Not even the few months I was homeless (I did have shelter of a sort so I was better off than most).  This morning those feelings were thankfully brief.  

This morning it's mostly pain from my elbows down through my thumbs and in my neck especially on the left.  Stomach is queasy.  Some brain zaps.  More easily annoyed by traffic noise, too.  

My thoughts are very jumbled and disjointed this morning.

Altostrata
On 11/25/2019 at 8:52 AM, drugged said:

I haven't quite figured out the subtleties of waves and windows.  Sometimes the windows are obvious.  A lot of the time though the apathy and anhedonia make it hard for me to tell if I'm really experiencing a window or just having a more 'gentle' wave.  Sometimes it seems as if I have windows that only last an hour or two.  Is that a true window?  

One of the symptoms I've been experiencing since this summer is an almost total lack of interest in food.  That and food doesn't taste 'right.'  I feel hungry and I eat but I used to get a lot of pleasure out of cooking and baking, planning holiday meals, and deciding what cookies and candies I would make to give away.  Now I imagine a food that I used to love and it's just meh ...  I could (I have for several days at a time) eat bologna sandwiches everyday for dinner and not care.  Until this summer I never ate bologna except on extremely rare occasions.  This is the exact opposite of the 'real' me and I know my diet has been crap for the last several months.  I feel a lot of despair that the person I once was will never reappear ... 😢

Today I woke up with despair and it's been following me ever since.  I'm telling myself it's just chemicals in my brain but I'm not sure I believe myself.

Your situation is probably not so much that of waves and windows but varying adverse effects from the batches of drugs you take throughout the day, each batch bringing its own adverse reactions. Also, activity in your liver and kidneys, which metabolize most of those drugs, may vary. As you age, liver and kidney metabolism of the drugs gets less efficient, which means the drugs back up and have a greater adverse effect.

The painkillers and anxiolytics you take all depress CNS activity. They each have a side effect of "depression." Who knows what they do cumulatively.

drugged
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Your situation is probably not so much that of waves and windows but varying adverse effects from the batches of drugs you take throughout the day, each batch bringing its own adverse reactions. Also, activity in your liver and kidneys, which metabolize most of those drugs, may vary. As you age, liver and kidney metabolism of the drugs gets less efficient, which means the drugs back up and have a greater adverse effect.

The painkillers and anxiolytics you take all depress CNS activity. They each have a side effect of "depression." Who knows what they do cumulatively.

I agree.  My age is one of my motivators to get off as many of these drugs as possible.   

The symptoms I did not have prior to this summer's venlafaxine upheaval were; anxiety, restlessness, and the feeling of dread.  Since starting the 'hold' on tapering the ven, all the symptoms seem to be somewhat lighter and I do feel more stable.  I've been able to meditate and go for a few walks.  My husband reports that I'm more talkative, have a brighter affect, and I laugh more. 

I want to tell you how much I appreciate the tremendous effort it must have taken you to put together this forum while still recovering from your own withdrawal experience.  Knowing this forum is here, I feel more confident that I may achieve my goals someday.  

drugged
20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Who knows what they do cumulatively

Cumulatively over a long period of time they destroy the mind and body.  That is what my experience feels like.

This morning I had a couple of hours of decent cognitive functioning.  Up until this past summer I could pretty much count on several hours of good cognitive function in the early morning hours, the hours right after waking up.  Overall; pain levels are tolerable, anxiety is minimal, mood is okay and stable, energy levels have improved some though deconditioning keeps me from doing as much as I'd like, concentration is better as are short-term memory and cognitive functioning.  I've been seeing a gradual improvement over the past three weeks.  

I decided to get out a jigsaw puzzle and start working on that.  It's something I used to do most every winter.  I think it helps improve my ability to focus and concentrate and I do find it relaxing.  I'm also doing some gentle back bends from yoga and using the foam roller (not ready for the ball), also legs-up-the-wall and supported shoulder stands.  

Altostrata

When you're taking 8 drugs that have been causing side effects for years, daily reports of symptom pattern only show that the drugs have side effects, which we know already. While you have periods of feeling better or worse, we cannot interpret them in terms of waves and windows, which is a recovery pattern. There's nothing for the staff to work with.

You're likely to continue to have a symptom pattern of adverse effects as long as you're taking the drug cocktail.

drugged
19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You're likely to continue to have a symptom pattern of adverse effects as long as you're taking the drug cocktail.

Do you think, as Rhiannon pointed out, that I might hope to see the overall symptom load (for lack of a better phrase) slowly lessen as I continue to taper from the various drugs?  

I definitely feel better than I did when I first joined your forum.  Of course, I do understand that there will be withdrawal symptoms while tapering so I'm leaning toward doing a slower taper than 10%.  This last summer scared me badly.  

For what's it's worth, I now take the drugs only twice a day.  I slowly moved the afternoon venlafaxine up so I'm taking it as one dose in the morning - the amount in my signature.

The Lyrica I take before bed - same amount as in my signature.  

I do not take either the tramadol or the diazepam as needed any longer.  I'm sticking strictly to the doses/times in my signature per the advice I've gotten here.  

I'm holding the venlafaxine until after the first of the year per Rhiannon's counsel. My intermediate goal for this drug is to get down to 37.5 mg at which point I would like to re-evaluate with the moderators whether or not to continue with that taper or start tapering one of the other drugs.  

Just being able to post about what's happening day-to-day among people who know what this is like is helping me save what's left of my sanity.  I don't expect moderators or yourself to always respond.  I do like to let the forum know when I'm feeling better because I credit your forum with helping me get better.  As for the bad days, I just want my experience out there.  Maybe it will help someone else.     

drugged

My husband and I had our 25th Thanksgiving yesterday.  We celebrated with our cat, Sarah, who will be 20 years old this coming year.  I feel extremely fortunate to have both of them in my life.  My spouse is amazing and supports me 110% in my efforts to taper off this horrible drug cocktail.  Sarah is my constant companion; affectionate and loving and always purring.  

It's so easy to count all the ways my life has gone wrong.  These are just two ways my life has gone incredibly right.  

Altostrata

Hard to predict if you will feel better as you reduce your drug burden but it will be better for your liver, kidneys, and overall functioning. Whenever you change a drug, there may be ups and downs. Most likely, you will feel better when your drugs are minimized and you stabilize on whatever is left.

drugged
11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hard to predict if you will feel better as you reduce your drug burden but it will be better for your liver, kidneys, and overall functioning. Whenever you change a drug, there may be ups and downs. Most likely, you will feel better when your drugs are minimized and you stabilize on whatever is left.

Thank you.  I mean that sincerely.  

drugged

Feeling pretty good still.  The usual muscle pain concentrated in the left side of my neck, both my forearms, and into my thumbs.  Some of the pain in these areas is related to how and how much I use my hands on any given day.  It seems a bit like a repetitive motion issue.  Otherwise I feel almost normal; not tired (though not bursting with energy either), not apathetic, not anxious, no feelings of dread or despair now.  Our weather certainly isn't helping my mood.  It's been heavily overcast, chilly, with rain on and off.  Our house, with it's lack of windows, is quite dark and dreary.  

I have been feeling homesick for Arizona.  I saw some photos of the mountain range where I used to do a lot of hiking.  So many good memories of there.  If anyone had even suggested that tapering off all these drugs might make my eyes hurt less, said that the dryness was due to the drugs and could possibly be reversed, we would never have left there.  Every eye doctor I went to said the only thing I could try was a more humid climate.  Now that I know more I'm flabbergasted that not one ophthalmologist looked at my list of drugs and said, "It's your drugs that are causing your dryness and pain."   Do MDs have to have no education about pharmaceuticals at all to get their degrees?  

drugged

Still feeling pretty good.  I have an appointment with a different healthcare practitioner this morning.  I've printed out the pages explaining what drugs to taper first and the outline of the 10% harm reduction method recommended here to take with me.  I saw this practitioner once before and even though it resulted in the unfortunate doubling of my venlafaxine back in June because of the depression screening tool she used (more about that later), she was generally willing to leave my prescriptions as they were, including the benzo.  She did appear to be capable of listening to me.  I'm hoping she'll be willing to read the pages I printed off.  Not just for my sake but for all her patients.

As for these depression screening tools; the major problem I have seen is that none of them allow for the possibility that the "depressive symptoms" are iatrogenic.  After thinking about it, I've decided simply to fill it out so that it indicates I'm not depressed.  End of.  

After thinking about my goal of getting off of or at least minimizing the drugs I take and the problems I've had here with finding quality healthcare (there are several other problems my spouse and I have run up against) and talking with my spouse we've decided that sometime next year we're moving back to where we lived before.  Our PCP there will back my tapering 100% (he's not the one that prescribed all the psych meds), he will read any research papers I send to him, in other words he will educate himself about AD withdrawal.  I can understand a family physician not knowing the dangers of ADs or about the dangers of withdrawal.  What I can't accept is a total unwillingness to look at new information. In addition, he is a truly incredible doctor in every other way, from always returning phone calls the same day to always having same day appointments available if needed.  

Also, we're both terribly homesick.

We're not planning on moving until late next year but I may fly down to visit friends and, if I do, I plan to book an appointment with my previous doctor to discuss some of these issues.  

drugged

Wow!!!  A healthcare practitioner who understands AD withdrawal!  Not only that but the harm reduction model, leaving the "brakes" for the later, pretty much all of it.  

A huge relief to know that someone's got my back Rx wise for the time being.  

drugged

The PCP I saw yesterday had attended a continuing education seminar at which a psychiatrist talked about the various psych meds, their use and abuse, and how to withdraw patients off these drugs.  The short story is that he really emphasized the need to make cuts of no more than 5% to 10% every one to three months depending on how long and how high a dose the a patient had been on.  He went over how to taper a cocktail of drugs using the same basic tenets on this forum concerning accelerating drugs and braking drugs.  My PCP took some pages of information I had printed off from here - I cut out any 'identities', and was pleased I'd offered her ideas on where to get more in-depth information.  So my new PCP is on board with the methods of this forum!!  

intothewoods
5 hours ago, drugged said:

The PCP I saw yesterday had attended a continuing education seminar at which a psychiatrist talked about the various psych meds, their use and abuse, and how to withdraw patients off these drugs.  The short story is that he really emphasized the need to make cuts of no more than 5% to 10% every one to three months depending on how long and how high a dose the a patient had been on.  He went over how to taper a cocktail of drugs using the same basic tenets on this forum concerning accelerating drugs and braking drugs.  My PCP took some pages of information I had printed off from here - I cut out any 'identities', and was pleased I'd offered her ideas on where to get more in-depth information.  So my new PCP is on board with the methods of this forum!!  

Fabulous news - - this makes my day! Kudos to you for being proactive by printing out the info on WD, not knowing if he'd be insulted let alone eager to learn. Which he was. So happy for you! 

Rhiannon
23 hours ago, drugged said:

Oh that is SUCH good news. I've been concerned about you with the diazepam thing. Thank goodness. Glad you've found someone who will support you.

My experience has been, don't really look to them for advice on how to taper (because for doctors, that area of learning is still very new and they mostly are too formulaic and even the conservative ones are too fast). But it's crucial to have someone who will fill your prescriptions as you need them for as long as you need them while tapering. Sounds like between this new PCP and the one back where you used to live, you will have that covered. That's great, that's half the battle!

drugged
18 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Oh that is SUCH good news. I've been concerned about you with the diazepam thing. Thank goodness. Glad you've found someone who will support you.

My experience has been, don't really look to them for advice on how to taper (because for doctors, that area of learning is still very new and they mostly are too formulaic and even the conservative ones are too fast). But it's crucial to have someone who will fill your prescriptions as you need them for as long as you need them while tapering. Sounds like between this new PCP and the one back where you used to live, you will have that covered. That's great, that's half the battle!

I went in extremely nervous.  My BP was actually on the high side.  I was so relieved to hear her describe what she had learned at that seminar about doing a slow taper and leaving the "brakes" for later.  I think my stress level must have been really high in anticipation because since Monday I've been experiencing kind of a 'crash'.  Not all the symptoms but more pain and fatigue, the icepick headaches came back for a couple of days, too.  

I'm so glad, not just for myself, but knowing other people she treats will receive knowledgeable care.  

drugged

Starting Monday afternoon, I've been in what I'll call a 'flare up.'  The term coming from fibromyalgia literature which I spent a lot of time with before definitely (in my mind at least) connecting the pain and fatigue with the drug cocktail.  If they're not actual waves and windows then maybe 'flare' is a better term as I associate it with more specifically with an uptick in pain, fatigue, and cognitive fog often preceded by some stressor rather than with a change in drug dosing.  My perception here is that Monday's health care appointment was very stressful for the anticipatory anxiety it caused even though the outcome was positive.  Getting the flu vaccine was a stressor for my immune system.  (For the last couple of decades my system seems to be very sensitive to any type of stress).  

I associate certain other symptoms with cuts in my AD; lot of anxiety (esp. early morning), restlessness, nausea, diarrhea, in addition to the usual pain, foggy brain, and fatigue.  The anxiety that comes with a cut in the AD is different from 'normal' anxiety.  I don't know quite how to describe it but it feels distinctive.  

drugged

A major issue with my spouse came up again yesterday as it has repeatedly since moving back here.  It triggered some intense anger and resentment for me, which the constant racket from the traffic is feeding into.  I've tried some self-calming tools but nothing has helped.  Our cat gets upset when he leaves for the weekend and she cries a lot so that doesn't help either, not that I blame her but I do feel bad for her since she can't understand what's going on.  In desperation, I took a half diazepam (2.5 mg) yesterday afternoon and about a half-hour ago.  Brain zaps are almost constant since the original argument on Thursday.  Headache is like a vise around my head.  My anger level is about a 12 or 13.  The AD did a good job of keeping all my feelings bottled up and stuffed inside for three decades which is, I suspect, the point of putting me on all these drugs.  

Seriously thinking I should take my cat and head back to AZ right after the first of the year.  I'm want peace, quiet, and stability so I can continue my tapers and work on my own health.  I can't handle the constant chaos and noise.  

Sorry for venting.  I know this isn't why this forum is here but this stuff effects the ability to work a withdrawal and I needed to get it off my chest.

drugged

Reading what I posted yesterday.  The level of anger I felt was out of proportion to the problem, a problem that is annoying and irritating but that I rarely react to so dramatically.  So why did I feel so much anger and turmoil this time?  Is it possible there's a link to tapering?  

Over the 25 years I've been on the venlafaxine and later all the other drugs one of the most consistent and subtle effects has been not being able to feel my emotions.  My mother died in 2001 and I didn't grieve.  I became estranged from my family and felt very little.  This emotional blunting only intensified with the addition of all the "brakes".  I've only barely scratched the surface with this current taper but I've removed 2 of the brakes and have tapered the AD.  What do other people experience emotionally as they taper their drugs?  Do others have the intensity of their feelings catch them by surprise?  

I never learned self-soothing as a child.  My go-to all my life has been reading but I've used various other methods as an adult; spending hours with my horses when they were my livelihood and later, running and yoga and mindfulness.   Problems with my feet ended the running and the onset of fibro-like muscle pain and exercise intolerance stopped my regular yoga/pilates/strength training routine.  Now I'm badly deconditioned.  

I have gotten started meditating again this past month.  I want to start some mild exercise and bit of yoga but so far I haven't been able to get a routine going partly because my body seems to over-react to even mild exercise and its tolerance fluctuates a lot - sometimes I can do X amount and feel fine but other times even a fraction of X is overdoing.

After the holidays I'm going to start attending therapy sessions, hopefully with a practitioner here who offers a complete DBT course.  Also, setting up appointments with a physical therapy group that specializes in working with people who are deconditioned.   In the past I've been a self-starter type person but now I feel like I need people to help me stay on task with things.  It's rather humiliating to need help with such simple things.   

drugged

I've been reducing my early morning caffeine intake.  I was only having one glass of iced coffee, half-unleaded, at about 3:30-4 am.  I changed my blend to three-quarters unleaded two days ago.  The drugs taking one more pleasure from my life.  

Since I've been having a lot of muscle pain, headaches, low-grade fevers, night sweats, exhaustion, i.e. general misery.  I decided why wait another month to taper my AD.  Day before yesterday I made  a cut of 20 beads (20 x 0.3 = 6.0 mg, out of a total of 96 mg/day) so less than 10%.  Haven't noticed any increase in anxiety, maybe a teeny increase in GI turmoil but barely noticeable.  

drugged

I carry a list of all my medications with their current dosages with me when I go out.  I was thinking that it would also be helpful to have a list of non-psych drugs that shouldn't be taken if a person is taking psych drugs and/or is in withdrawal from psych drugs.  I know there are certain drugs I have severe adverse reactions to like anti-nausea medications such as Reglan.  When I was given it in an ER during a bout of stomach virus I suffered akathisia.  I had asked the MD what drug they were giving me but the brand name gives no indication that it's actually an neuroleptic and I was so sick at the time I didn't think to ask for the generic name.  Had I done so I would have refused the drug because I know from experience that my body can't tolerate that class of drugs.  

ER situations now terrify me.  When you end up in the ER you're usually not in a state conducive to figuring out what drugs you might have a reaction to so it would be good to have a list of potentially reactive drugs to give the attending MD.  Ideally, they should run the list of meds you're taking through a drug interaction check but my experience is that they don't always do that.  Even if they do they're not going to be alerted to drugs that shouldn't be given to someone with a sensitized CNS.  

Would putting together such a list of non-psych drugs such as I described be something we could do here on the forum or is it too much of a case-by-case thing to be possible?  

drugged

Something else I was wondering about was, for those of you who have gotten completely off all your drugs or have significantly reduced them, which side effects/withdrawal symptoms seem to be the most likely to either go away completely or to become simple annoyances rather than impairments to everyday life?  

Some of the side effects that I've wondered about are :  1) eye pain and dryness  2) muscle pain and 3) apathy.

Any experiences with the symptoms that seem to be the most likely to lessen or disappear entirely (or links to posts relating to this) are greatly appreciated.  

drugged

Muscle pain this morning is (7) and headache (4-5) 3 hours after taking 100 mg tramadol and regular morning drugs (90 mg ven, 20 mg omeprazole, thyroid meds).  

Muscle pain has been much worse for the last 9 days.  I have two topicals that I use periodically for muscle pain; Biofreeze (summer use) and an arnica/capsaicin salve (winter use).  I haven't used the capsaicin salve for quite awhile but I'm going to try it today.