Leo1983

Gemma

My advice!

Your in the early days and yes its scary!! Its worse than anything people can imagine. Its hell, we all know it!

I think a honest answer is i personally think off the meds is the best! However if you CT like i did your world falls apart. I mean a CT takes you to the limit. I look back and think at times how the hell did you survive that?!

My advice.

1. Get tests done, blood work etc. All comes back clear then it WD.

2. Therapy, to learn to cope with your Iatrogenic illness until it passes. 

3. Eat well, sleep well, look after your body. 

4. Accept the info on this site. Read it all take it in. See your not alone. 

5. Try to surf the waves, do what you can when you can in a day.

6. Dont avoid life as much as you can. 

7. Remember, i have verbally spome to people in the recovery stories via telephone and they are real people. They HEALED!

Come on take control of this!. You be in control as much as you can. Thats what your guna have to learn med free!!

Stop, think, plan!

Heal95
2 hours ago, Gemma92 said:

I have to have the record for the most damage. At least I have that...😒 Because 5 antibitocs are involved on top of 9 pysch drugs and other drugs like ibprofen, pain killers, hydroxyzines and so many more. All over 8 months. I am burning in hell all because I took Lexapro for 2 months and stopped it the same time I started Penicilln. What a reaction I had! Withdrawal or an adverse reaction? I may never know. 

My mouth is burning a little now. I think the ibprofen is making this all worse but I am not sure. I have to take it or I'll feel like I am in labor and will pass out. Will this prevent me from healing? Who are the demonic people who invented these pills?

Gemma I know it will be difficult at the moment but try try try not to think about what drugs you took and the damage they may or may not have done/be doing. 

It will just make you feel worse and you don’t need to do it to yourself. If you find that withdrawal brain is making you think about it on a loop tell yourself that no matter what drugs you took, no matter what happened in the past, you will heal because you are strong and you will get through this crappy time!!!!! It sucks it really does but you WILL get through it and when you’re on the other side you will be waaaay stronger and wiser than you ever were. In life we have to get up each time we fall. In withdrawal we may have to do it every day several times and it will get flipping exhausting and you will feel like you can’t go on but you CAN go on!!!!!! 

Gemma92
2 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Gemma

My advice!

Your in the early days and yes its scary!! Its worse than anything people can imagine. Its hell, we all know it!

I think a honest answer is i personally think off the meds is the best! However if you CT like i did your world falls apart. I mean a CT takes you to the limit. I look back and think at times how the hell did you survive that?!

My advice.

1. Get tests done, blood work etc. All comes back clear then it WD.

2. Therapy, to learn to cope with your Iatrogenic illness until it passes. 

3. Eat well, sleep well, look after your body. 

4. Accept the info on this site. Read it all take it in. See your not alone. 

5. Try to surf the waves, do what you can when you can in a day.

6. Dont avoid life as much as you can. 

7. Remember, i have verbally spome to people in the recovery stories via telephone and they are real people. They HEALED!

Come on take control of this!. You be in control as much as you can. Thats what your guna have to learn med free!!

Stop, think, plan!

Thank you for the advice. i know this would have helped me before I got this severe...Unforturnely I cold turkeyed 4 almost 5 drugs already. I had all tests done and everything came back normal. I was trying so hard to heal back then. I was doing everything I needed to do to get well again. I had so much hope and never despaired like this. Then my family and the doctors stole that from me. I was forced on more psych drugs and other drugs for a whopping 3 more months. I was already a severe case and already bedbound...I was losing so much weight.  Now with more poison, my withdrawal feels so different than it did before and more poisoned than ever. They threw me on Zyprexa and Mirtazapine. After the 3 months they cold turkeyed me off the Zyprexa and cut my Mirtazapine in half at the same time. They tortured me for those 3 months. They changed my brands everytime I went to the hospital. I became dead inside. Like a deer in headlights and moving around like I was dead and my nerves were the only thing moving me. Now I am psychotic and lost who I was. I feel disabled and like a burden. I have extreme anhedonia and my brain is on 🔥 fire. And the terror and horror melts my body it stings so bad. All from being on a drug for 2 months and having adverse effects from dang antibiotics. I am homebound and haven't been outside in months. I hide under the bed sometimes I am so sick. I roll on the floor and scream and cry. I have bags under my eyes and look like I've aged 20 years. I may be the worst case you all have ever seen on this website. I think once the brain starts to burns, that's a very bad sign...for me anyway... I am sorry for my rants and my negatively but believe me when I say I had the fight in me and the hope I would heal. Then they poisoned and tortured me for 3 more months...techically 5... 

I was still me in my last withdrawal. Because it feels 100% different then it must be a bad sign...

But thank you for this advice. I will try and hang on and read this everyday to help myself through the agony.

Gemma92
12 minutes ago, Heal95 said:

Gemma I know it will be difficult at the moment but try try try not to think about what drugs you took and the damage they may or may not have done/be doing. 

It will just make you feel worse and you don’t need to do it to yourself. If you find that withdrawal brain is making you think about it on a loop tell yourself that no matter what drugs you took, no matter what happened in the past, you will heal because you are strong and you will get through this crappy time!!!!! It sucks it really does but you WILL get through it and when you’re on the other side you will be waaaay stronger and wiser than you ever were. In life we have to get up each time we fall. In withdrawal we may have to do it every day several times and it will get flipping exhausting and you will feel like you can’t go on but you CAN go on!!!!!! 

Thank you. It makes me happy that you say I will heal but the kindling makes my whole body burn.., especially my brain. You are right that I shouldn't worry about the amount of drugs that I was on but I was already bedbound and fighting for my life when I was raped of the last of the windows I had. I was even close to getting ECT. My last window was November 1st. Ever since they torured me for 3 months straight, I haven't had 1 full window. And hardly even a handful of parital windows. It's just not calming down and I fear it won't ever as long as I am on this Mirtazapine... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Sorry for my negativity. My brain is just so damaged. I am suffering more than the devil does in Hell. 😞😞😞😞😞

Thank you for your support and to all who are on here. You keep me going even if I am so negative. ❤

Gemma92

Have any of you taken antibiotics or sleeping pills during withdrawal?

Are they just as bad as psych drugs when you kindle with them? 

Heal95

I know how you feel my dear. When I was told I was kindled I was distraught. I sobbed everyday I got into rages I would get so angry then completely terrified and I thought that I had zero chance in getting better. On top of that I started obsessing about food I thought everything I ate was going to kill me. 

Although im not better or recovered yet I realise that it won’t be forever. I’ve had some very rough days the past few days but I refuse to tel myself that it will be like this forever. 

The windows will come! You just have to be patient. 

Everyone who heals always says they though they would never heal , that they were too damaged and they wouldn’t get better. They all say that time is what healed, as well as looking after themselves and treating themselves right. Watch that video I sent of that gentleman, Paul. He was kindled over a period of years! He suffered tremendously for years but he got better!! He went back to work after 4 years and after 8 years he said he only had a few symptoms and they were decreasing and he feels like as time goes on they too will go. 

Gemma please be kind to yourself. You owe it to yourself to be kind to yourself. Don’t be cruel to yourself especially not now. You have withstood so much, most people wouldn’t be able to but you have! You are brave just dig deep and hold on to the hope that others before you have healed so you will too. There is no evidence to suggest that things won’t get better. Ignore thw negative voices in your head. 

LadyBartonella

Gemma92,  you are not damaged.  I was on your place. I was lucky my Lyme test came positive bcs, many people get negative. I was suicidal after my dr reinstalled paroxetine after 2 months off. Please join Lyme group on Fb and they will tell you where to go. 

When I started lyme treatment I was able to taper drags what they gave me for paroxetine WD. 

I was the same as you. Horror story. Now I also have issues with tapering,  but I can survive. 

In past I wrote letters to my family and I was keeping in my wallet. 

I am almost sure you got worse on steroids and antibiotics,  bcs of Lyme. 

Heal95
Just now, Gemma92 said:

Try to avoid if they’re not necessary. The sleeping pills avoid them if you can.  Antibiotics only take if you need to. Doctors hand them out too willingly.

If you are concerned about your reactions to them, know that people in withdrawal got better from antibiotic reactions also so don’t worry 🙂 

Heal95

this woman was floxxed  and cold turkeyed and kindled not just once with different drugs and she is recovering 

it will take time but just take it one day at a time. 

When we think “oh there is no way I can do this for years” realise that you don’t need to do this for years all in one go. All you have to do is get through the hour, get through the minutes and get through the days. 

You will have good windows so it won’t all be bad 

LadyBartonella
1 minute ago, Gemma92 said:

antibiotics or sleeping pills during withdrawal?

Yes, I took them and suffered a lot. When you have lyme you get hexheimer reaction with and bcs bacteria dying and release toxins. 

for sleep melatonin and ashwaganda helped me 

Heal95
5 minutes ago, Gemma92 said:

I was put on trazadodone and zopiclone while I was going through a kindling reaction 

they made me worse. Then I was fast tapered off sertraline and I cold turkeyed off trazad one and zopiclone

i also took a few doses of diazepam and was given codeine for nerve pain I didn’t know was to do with the drugs. 

I am 9 months out and I’m not recovered but I am feeling better. Even if it is a little better I do feel the change. The progress in withdrawal is slow. I was hit with a major wave at month three and I was getting 3 hours a sleep a night and some nights even less. It was horrific. It freaked me out and I thought it was the end for me. But slowly slowly things improve. They improve and go back and improve and go back. Waves and windows. It’s a difficult process but it’s the only way

Acceptance, although difficult, is very important. Hope that you will get better is important. It won’t take away the symptoms but it will reassure you that you will improve over time 

icerose87
11 minutes ago, LadyBartonella said:

Gemma92,  you are not damaged.  I was on your place. I was lucky my Lyme test came positive bcs, many people get negative. I was suicidal after my dr reinstalled paroxetine after 2 months off. Please join Lyme group on Fb and they will tell you where to go. 

When I started lyme treatment I was able to taper drags what they gave me for paroxetine WD. 

I was the same as you. Horror story. Now I also have issues with tapering,  but I can survive. 

Hi. I’m Gemma’s sister. I’m curious as to why you think she has Lyme. She had a Lyme and Babesia test and they came out negative. Do people with Lyme plus withdrawal have similar symptoms or a harder time in withdrawal? Just curious. The treatment for Lyme is antibiotics, correct? Wouldn’t that be potentially dangerous for someone in psych drug withdrawal?

LadyBartonella

Please don't let her give up. 

Adverse reaction for abx, 

psycho meds 

strong wd 

it looks like she have lyme and bartonella 

icerose87
3 minutes ago, LadyBartonella said:

Please don't let her give up. 

Adverse reaction for abx, 

psycho meds 

strong wd 

it looks like she have lyme and bartonella 

Thank you. I’m not letting her give up. I wanted to test for these things in the past, but we couldn’t find a doctor who would do the test. Now Gemma is too sick to leave the house. Can withdrawal heal even if someone has Lyme and co-infections and doesn’t get them treated?

LadyBartonella

If she is like me, then she will improve on treatment. I couldn't stabilise after my WD hit me. 8 months and nothing better . Turning point was trying Buhner herbs protocol for lyme and bartonella. Suddenly I started to having widows. In my opinion you should take her to LLMD (ILADS) even she is too sick. 

icerose87
6 minutes ago, LadyBartonella said:

If she is like me, then she will improve on treatment. I couldn't stabilise after my WD hit me. 8 months and nothing better . Turning point was trying Buhner herbs protocol for lyme and bartonella. Suddenly I started to having widows. In my opinion you should take her to LLMD (ILADS) even she is too sick. 

Thank you for the advice. I told Gemma I support her in whatever she wants to do to get better, but it will have to be her decision if she wants to try this route. 

Cocopuffz17
On 9/2/2019 at 5:23 AM, Heal95 said:

this woman was floxxed  and cold turkeyed and kindled not just once with different drugs and she is recovering 

it will take time but just take it one day at a time. 

When we think “oh there is no way I can do this for years” realise that you don’t need to do this for years all in one go. All you have to do is get through the hour, get through the minutes and get through the days. 

You will have good windows so it won’t all be bad 

Great post, ty. 

Edited by ChessieCat
took video out of quote

LadyBartonella

Sure. 

She is lucky to have you. 

Anyway check it. You don't have to start treatment. Just check this more. 

Gemma92
18 hours ago, LadyBartonella said:

Hello thank you for posting here about your experience with lyme.

Before the all the drug chaos, I always had a severe fatigue problem for a long time. I went to the sleep center and had a study for it but they couldn't find what was causing it. It feels like an unnatural tiredness. It made me feel very weak and I always struggled doing household chores. I was so weak when I was out in the sun and I always had to sit down in the grass. I also experieced sleep paralysis and had very vivid dreams. I would wake up and see hallucinations occasional too. I struggled getting to my job because I was just so depressed, anxious and tired all the time. Can chrocnic fatigue be a symptom of lyme disease? 

If I'm going through both of these things then I am in big trouble. 5 antibiotics and 9 pysch drugs--5 of which were CTed... 

I know the tests for lyme aren't always accurate but I still pray that my test was accurate. I can't deal with being floxed, kindled, in withdrawal and deal with lymes. And who knows if I have PANDAS on top of this mess as well. 

I just want my joy back. I want my love for my cats back. Rigjt now I had terror and horror and feel so crazy. I am losing this battle...

Gemma92

Thank you for the video! I will watch it once the terror and psychotic feelings calm down.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Gemma92
18 hours ago, Heal95 said:

I was put on trazadodone and zopiclone while I was going through a kindling reaction 

they made me worse. Then I was fast tapered off sertraline and I cold turkeyed off trazad one and zopiclone

i also took a few doses of diazepam and was given codeine for nerve pain I didn’t know was to do with the drugs. 

I am 9 months out and I’m not recovered but I am feeling better. Even if it is a little better I do feel the change. The progress in withdrawal is slow. I was hit with a major wave at month three and I was getting 3 hours a sleep a night and some nights even less. It was horrific. It freaked me out and I thought it was the end for me. But slowly slowly things improve. They improve and go back and improve and go back. Waves and windows. It’s a difficult process but it’s the only way

Acceptance, although difficult, is very important. Hope that you will get better is important. It won’t take away the symptoms but it will reassure you that you will improve over time 

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I am glad you are improving even though it's so slow.

I haven't touched anymore drugs for 6 months now and I am getting worse if anything. I feel like I should just cold turkey or fast taper the Mirtazapine because I just can't do this anymore. If I have lyme disease and being floxed on top of this kindling, then I am in for a painful life...

Gemma92
18 hours ago, Heal95 said:

Try to avoid if they’re not necessary. The sleeping pills avoid them if you can.  Antibiotics only take if you need to. Doctors hand them out too willingly.

If you are concerned about your reactions to them, know that people in withdrawal got better from antibiotic reactions also so don’t worry 🙂 

The scary thing is, the doctors put me on dozens of sleeping pills while going through this entire thing. I was even on painkillers for a few days too. So many drugs involved... All in an 8 month period. 

I am glad people get better from the antibiotics but I was on 5 different ones because when I had strep they kept making my withdrawal anxiety worse and I thought it was the antibitoics causing the anxiety not making it worse. 😭 

I just don't know how much longer I can try and feel psychotic for? There's no signs of healing. I need to get off this Mirt...😞😞😞😞

Sorry for being so negative. But I do appreciate your help. 

Gemma92
20 hours ago, Heal95 said:

Watch that video I sent of that gentleman, Paul. He was kindled over a period of years! He suffered tremendously for years but he got better!! He went back to work after 4 years and after 8 years he said he only had a few symptoms and they were decreasing and he feels like as time goes on they too will go. 

I forgot to mention that I watched the videos with Paul a couple days ago. It does give me slight hope that he healed.

ShiningLight

If I remember correctly, you didn't feel bad when you started the Mirtazepine. Therefore, I doubt it's the Mirtazepine causing your problem. Seems more likely to be a cumulative effect of a lot of med changes in a short period of time. 

When you continue to insist that you're the worst ever, it's invalidating regarding others who have also suffered or are suffering horribly. Why not let go of that belief? 

Someday you will be in the success story thread and your horrible suffering will be transformed into an asset that helps someone else believe that they, too can get better.

LadyBartonella
18 hours ago, Gemma92 said:

If I'm going through both of these things then I am in big trouble. 5 antibiotics and 9 pysch drugs--5 of which were CTed... 

I know the tests for lyme aren't always accurate but I still pray that my test was accurate. I can't deal with being floxed, kindled, in withdrawal and deal with lymes. And who knows if I have PANDAS on top of this mess as well. 

just remember to check it if your symptoms will not improve or will go worse.

I hope you will feel better soon

Fatigue is main symptom of Lyme and co-infections.

Full list is here in your case probably bartonella :

https://www.prohealth.com/library/bartonella-and-babesia-symptom-checklists-41096

Keep my fingers crossed for your health ❤️

Gemma92
3 hours ago, LadyBartonella said:

just remember to check it if your symptoms will not improve or will go worse.

I hope you will feel better soon

Fatigue is main symptom of Lyme and co-infections.

Full list is here in your case probably bartonella :

https://www.prohealth.com/library/bartonella-and-babesia-symptom-checklists-41096

Keep my fingers crossed for your health ❤️

Thank you for the list of symptoms. Before the drug issues, I have had a lot of the signs. The rage, skin growths, fatigue and weakness. But yeah if I don't see any improvement, I will see a lyme doctor and get some more tests done. 

I have a friend who had lyme and withdrawal at the same time. She was treated with antibiotics during her withdrawal and has healed from it. She said thy didn't make her feel any worse. 

If I have lyme and have to treat it, I'll have to use homeopathy and the stuff you mentioned before. I live in PA and it's the number 1 state that has the most ticks so chances are, I probably have an infection and if I do, I probably had it for years. I started going down hill about 12 years ago. 

Gemma92
20 hours ago, ShiningLight said:

If I remember correctly, you didn't feel bad when you started the Mirtazepine. Therefore, I doubt it's the Mirtazepine causing your problem. Seems more likely to be a cumulative effect of a lot of med changes in a short period of time. 

When you continue to insist that you're the worst ever, it's invalidating regarding others who have also suffered or are suffering horribly. Why not let go of that belief? 

Someday you will be in the success story thread and your horrible suffering will be transformed into an asset that helps someone else believe that they, too can get better.

I know I shouldn't say I am the worst case when I have no clue how bad other people are suffering. 

I do hope to see that day.

Gemma92

Current symptoms:

-Rotten disgusting terror and doom. 

-Extreme anhedonia for positive emotions. I cannot feel any pleasure in life. 

-I feel like I am broken and disabled. 

-Suicidal thoughts/urges

-I feel like my brain has beem turned off

-Head pressure

Leo1983

That sounds like wd to me.

ChessieCat
On 8/27/2019 at 8:41 PM, ChessieCat said:

Q:  Are you still taking ashwahganda?

I don't think you answered my question.

Gemma92
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

I don't think you answered my question.

Sorry no, I stopped taking it after 2 weeks in last October. 

Gemma92

I think I am going to fast taper the Mirtazapine. It's too activating and making me sick. I have no windows and haven't ever since I went on it along with Zyprexa. I don't know what else to do... I may get full blown akathisia or something else. But how can I survive this holding on it and not seeing any improvements?

Glosmom

Gemma, I am so sorry you are struggling so much.  I do not have the answers for you but it is possible you are underestimating the severity of withdrawal from the CT of the Zyprexa back in February.   If you feel inclined to read @andy 's story about how hard it was to get off that med.   He finally did and its recovered now, but it was an incredibly rough road.

You have been on/off several meds.  No one can go back and change what has happened...you can only move forward. Hopefully you can continue to find tiny nuggets of success for yourself.  You were feeling so bad awhile ago you needed to get off the site for awhile.  Now, you are back on and typing!!!  That is a success.  If even ONE drug can cause your system to go into withdrawals, then all of those past changes must be playing into why you feel so awful.  Making another change will in no way guarantee that things will get better.  Holding steady, finding comfort in any little thing for as long as you can might be the safest route.....then see if you don't feel just a tad bit better.   If you do....then more time will probably make you feel even better in more time again.  Please consider holding your mirtazapine dose just a little while longer.   

Sending so many healing thoughts your way,  glosmom

Gemma92
2 hours ago, Glosmom said:

Gemma, I am so sorry you are struggling so much.  I do not have the answers for you but it is possible you are underestimating the severity of withdrawal from the CT of the Zyprexa back in February.   If you feel inclined to read @andy 's story about how hard it was to get off that med.   He finally did and its recovered now, but it was an incredibly rough road.

You have been on/off several meds.  No one can go back and change what has happened...you can only move forward. Hopefully you can continue to find tiny nuggets of success for yourself.  You were feeling so bad awhile ago you needed to get off the site for awhile.  Now, you are back on and typing!!!  That is a success.  If even ONE drug can cause your system to go into withdrawals, then all of those past changes must be playing into why you feel so awful.  Making another change will in no way guarantee that things will get better.  Holding steady, finding comfort in any little thing for as long as you can might be the safest route.....then see if you don't feel just a tad bit better.   If you do....then more time will probably make you feel even better in more time again.  Please consider holding your mirtazapine dose just a little while longer.   

Sending so many healing thoughts your way,  glosmom

That's nice andy was able to recover. I will check out his story. If he had a hard time tapering then where does that leave me with cold turkeying it plus having like a total of 4 cold turkeys? 😞😞😞My doctors did it to me. The withdrawal hit me about 3 months after like a truck. And before it hit me, I was having partial windows. Not too many though. Now all my windows even the partials are closed. 

It's hard not being able to look back at all the mistakes I made over a years time. It's just not right that I am worse than most long term users. I was hardly ever on pysch drugs my entire life. I go on one for a 2 months if that and get horrible withdrawal plus getting floxed at the same time. 

I used to be religious but now I am angry at God. I begged and pleaded for him to help me but I ended up getting 100 times worse wirh Zyprexa and Mirtazapine.... I lost all faith...and hope.....

I used to go in the groups on fb all the time about my Lexapro withdrawal. I had so much hope. I was working on getting myself all healed. They told me to not reinstate. But my family told me the people in the groups were fake and that I was brainwashed. And now my withdrawal is a beast. 😞 I will hold on the Mirtazapine but what if it's acting adversely on me? 

I really want to know if all people heal or is that just a rumor? 😭