Monika23: reinstated 8 days ago Effexor 37.5 mg

Monika23

About two weeks ago, my doctor said I can take Effexor every second day for a week which I did but it didn't work. I had severe panic attacks all day with very little rest. I reinstated the next day after a week of taking Effexor every second day. I am now reinstated for 8 days on 37.5mg and I still have severe panic attacks. I though Effexor would work by now? It got so bad with panic attacks that I couldn't eat and I felt like my chest would explode, I felt I need to hurt myself by scratching my arms and legs. I finally went to the doctor and told him I'm back on Effexor but I'm still having panic attacks and I just can't do it anymore living like this. He said let's give it two more weeks and he gave me .5 clonazepam two times a day. I just started clonazepam one day ago and it gives me relief from panic attacks. Not fully but I can function. I'm meeting with him in 2 weeks time where he wants to stop the clonazepam and see if Effexor is working. Why isn't Effexor working now? It's been 8 days. I haven't been off of it long just one week every second day. I'm feeling like a zombie no emotion bit I don't want to go through those severe panic attacks. They hurt so much physically. I can't handle them.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Monika23: reinstated 8 days ago Effexor 37.5 mg
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Monika and welcom to SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences involved involved .

I am sorry you are having such a rough time but you are now in the right place.

To begin we need information regarding your drugs.

Have you reinstated Effexor at the original dose, ie. were you taking 37.5mgs before you stopped and  restarted.

Please give us this info. ASAP to allow us to assess your situation fully.

Here are some links which will help you understand what is happening to you.

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable/

brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-concentration-cognitive-and-memory-problems/

derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp/

Again welcome.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Monika, 

Welcome to SA from me too. Could you please answer Sassenach‘s questions. Thanks so much. 

I’m really sorry you’ve been struggling so much. Please let us know how your doing, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.