lilyfrog1025: anxiety and depression

lilyfrog1025

Hello Everyone, My name is Lily, I'm 30 and  I'm married with a cat for a child. I have had anxiety my entire life. It usually manifests as intrusive thoughts, ruminating, being self conscious, feeling like everyone is looking at me and social anxiety. I also experience flushing and a sort of red rash on my chest if I get really flustered. I hate driving. Finally, I also have trouble getting to sleep without medication. A few years ago I began to also have depression. I can still live my life and take care of myself but everything is an effort, my body is heavy, and there's lots of self loathing and grouchiness. This is greatly influenced by the weather. Recently I experienced suicidal thoughts which is why I sought help.  I am now about 3 months into trying to get help and I never imagined it would be this hard.

I took Lexapro 5 mg up to 10 mg for 6 weeks. The first night I got really hyper and couldn't sleep, felt like a radio was blaring in my head, then woke up so dizzy I couldn't stay upright. After that it actually put me to sleep so I took it at night and it  helped my anxiety and depression but I lost the ability to orgasm and went numb down there so I went off it.

I then took 5 mg up to 10 mg of Elavil for about 3 weeks. I was finally able to sleep like the dead but I felt stupid during the day. My mental capacity and concentration was greatly diminished, still had sexual side effects.

I then switched to Wellbutrin XL 150MG . The first weekend I ended up at urgent care because I was so anxious and for the first time in my life I had chest pain and tremors. They did an EKG, I was fine. I stuck it out. After 5 weeks my depression was completely gone but my anxiety skyrocketed. I hated to go off this one because there were no sexual effects, and the self loathing disappeared, and I wanted to live, but after 5 weeks I still had chest tightness every day all day.

I am now going off Wellbutrin, my doctor advised at this low dose I can just stop. It's been about 35 hours and I'm starting to feel down again, yet I still feel the increased anxiety. My doctor has given me some Prozac 10MG to try next but I'm not sure how long to wait in between. I've read that some people take them together but I've also read this increases the risk of seizures. I've also read Wellbutrin stays in your body for 4 days. So I don't know if I should wait 4 days or just start the Prozac now. Because I have healthcare through the military (I'm a spouse) it is especially hard to contact my doctor. I can't call him directly, I have to call a call center and he has 3 days to respond. I've tried to get appointments with a psychiatrist but everybody in town is booked for a month, unless I want to come in the middle of the day. I want to keep my job and I can't do that if I'm leaving early regularly. We're also moving in a month. So that's my story so far. Any advice is welcome!

• ChessieCat changed the title to lilyfrog1025: anxiety and depression
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Lilyfrog and welcome to SA.

I apologise for the delay in replying.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences involved .

Do you have any Wellbutrin left to take?

150mgs appears to be a tablet.

If so please cut pill into quarters preferably with a pill cutter, if not with a sharp knife.

Take one quarter of the pill only.

Do not switch to the Prozac at present.

You are currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms caused by so many changes of antidepressant.

Below are links to explain what is happening and why.

Doctors know nothing about withdrawal from these drugs and you are caught in the same situation as most members on here.

dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

In the meantime DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGE TO YOUR CURRENT MEDS please.

Please feel free to browse the site, it is a wealth of info.

Other members threads will give you an insight and the opportunity to share experiences.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes: