thelegend: hoping to get there

thelegend

10 months in, are there examples of people actually stabilizing after this long of a hold, or is it time I look at doing something else?

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

June 2018 - Novemeber 2019: Lexapro 10mgs

August 2018 - Current: Zyprexa added for early morning extreme anxiety

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

May 1st, 2019 - Current - Zoloft 50mgs, 2.5mg Zyprexa 

Anyone?

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

On 3/5/2020 at 5:57 AM, thelegend said:

Monthly Update:

Sensitive to sound - pretty much gone

Sensitive to touch - less, almost gone

Pins and needles - sometimes at night

Burning eyes, arms, back, feet - still have arms some mornings, eyes are still a problem

Hyper stimulation - less that the beginning, but still around.

Bad sleep - still awaken too early with anxiety...maybe it isn’t quite as early?

Waking with cortisal spikes - still around, maybe as bad as ever!

Light headedness, or feeling like you are not quite all there - still around, probably not as bad.

Massive anxiety - very much still around, bad as ever.

IBS - better, but still not gone, come back quite often in the AM.

Shaking - still happens when anxiety is high

Sweating - pretty much gone.

@thelegend, I know improvements may seem small, but you are definitely showing signs of healing. I do know what it's like to feel desperate, believe me. And to want to know if someone has been in exactly the same situation as you and has recovered. I am pretty sure there will have been many....whether you're holding and waiting for stability or whether you're off the drug and waiting for stability, the steps to recovery are still the same. Ten months of being unstable isn't uncommon, I'm afraid that's the truth, as far as I can tell and also from my own experience.

At the moment, your brain is on high alert because of WD...it can make you feel desperate. Try not to fan that flame by desperately searching online for people who've been in exactly your situation.....been there, done that, it doesn't help. It just ramps up the anxiety. Don't feed it. It's ok to ask for a reassuring word that you will heal, because sometimes we need other people to help us regulate our emotions, whilst we learn to navigate WD emotions ourselves. But don't set yourself up for failure by asking for speciific examples....noone has been in the exact situation you are in, we are all different, so you are unlikely to get a specific example which will provoke more anxiety, if you get what I mean?

Maybe focus instead on self soothing techniques. Have you tried the restorative yoga poses or do you meditate? Have you cut out sugar from your diet? Have you tried to take a bit of magnesium to help calm you? All of this helps and makes you feel less helpless in your own recovery. You will get there :) 

It seems like it's the anxiety and cortisol which are the main symptoms. 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

@sunnysideup69 - yes I do just feel desperate. The anxiety can just be too much at times. I just wish I knew for sure if I was doing the right thing or just spinning my wheels. Last couple of days I have just gotten worse and worse. Wish there was a way to just end all of this. 

Yes the anxiety and cortisol morning are the worst, and they just don’t feel like they are getting any better. Though yesterday a lot of my old symptoms have come back a bit. Burning eyes, sensitivity to stimulation (sound, touch, etc). Do you guy ever find that even watching something silly can send a shock through your body? Something as dumb as watching home alone with my kids, when the bad guys would get it by a paint can or whatever, I would get an anxious shock...it is really weird. I have cut sugar, but quite honestly have noticed very little of any effect on the anxiety from this.

New Doctor reinstated:

I know this is pure hell the anxiety, fear no sleeping goes on and on wondering if it will ever end.We have to believe truly believe we are

healing. Say this every day, Every day in every way I’m getting better and better and and truly believe this and you will see some changes. Just have faith and believe you will heal 

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

was on Trazodone for 6 months or longer 

did a fast taper getting panic attacks 
2018 Doctor switched me to Effexor XR an 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers @Lynnardgirl, do you feel you are getting any better? I know you have even been holding longer than I have.

New Doctor reinstated:

On 3/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, thelegend said:

@sunnysideup69 - yes I do just feel desperate. The anxiety can just be too much at times. I just wish I knew for sure if I was doing the right thing or just spinning my wheels. Last couple of days I have just gotten worse and worse. Wish there was a way to just end all of this. 

Yes the anxiety and cortisol morning are the worst, and they just don’t feel like they are getting any better. Though yesterday a lot of my old symptoms have come back a bit. Burning eyes, sensitivity to stimulation (sound, touch, etc). Do you guy ever find that even watching something silly can send a shock through your body? Something as dumb as watching home alone with my kids, when the bad guys would get it by a paint can or whatever, I would get an anxious shock...it is really weird. I have cut sugar, but quite honestly have noticed very little of any effect on the anxiety from this.

I can be freaked out by really random things when in a wave, it's completely normal.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

2 hours ago, thelegend said:

Thanks for the encouragement and prayers @Lynnardgirl, do you feel you are getting any better? I know you have even been holding longer than I have.

Yes I can finally say I’m getting better ! Had a bad wave last week due to getting my eyebrows tattooed it sent me into a bad wave! But feeling almost normal this week crazy just a little anxious at times but so so Much better ! 
Hopefully soon you get more and more relief

God bless you my friend 

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

4 hours ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Yes I can finally say I’m getting better ! Had a bad wave last week due to getting my eyebrows tattooed it sent me into a bad wave! But feeling almost normal this week crazy just a little anxious at times but so so Much better ! 
Hopefully soon you get more and more relief

God bless you my friend 

Wow that is awesome! How long have you been holding at the same dose?

New Doctor reinstated:

1 hour ago, thelegend said:

Wow that is awesome! How long have you been holding at the same dose?

Been holding for 15 long months 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:52 PM, Lynnardgirl said:

Been holding for 15 long months 

I am so sorry, but so glad you are turning the corner...I hope I get there eventually. Today is crap!

New Doctor reinstated:

I am so sorry, but so glad you are turning the corner...I hope I get there eventually. Today is crap!

You will get  here!  You are having windows so this is such a good sign ! That’s what I had a few really good windows than bam back to horrible waves! Didn’t think they would ever end

and seemed to be getting worse! You sound like 

you are experiencing the same ! Hold tight your day is coming Ask, believe and you will receive 

God bless you my friend 

53 minutes ago, Lynnardgirl said:

You will get  here!  You are having windows so this is such a good sign ! That’s what I had a few really good windows than bam back to horrible waves! Didn’t think they would ever end

and seemed to be getting worse! You sound like 

you are experiencing the same ! Hold tight your day is coming Ask, believe and you will receive 

God bless you my friend 

thanks, I really appreciate your encouragement, friendship, and prayers!

New Doctor reinstated:

Just wanted to note an actual window yesterday, and on a work day which is a big deal for me. Hoping to string a couple of day like that together as I work towards stability.

New Doctor reinstated:

46 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Just wanted to note an actual window yesterday, and on a work day which is a big deal for me. Hoping to string a couple of day like that together as I work towards stability.

Wow great great news ! My prayers are working 

God bless you my friend ! 

• Mentor

Wonderful news, Legend!  Hang on to that feeling when a wave comes.  Now you know things can get better!

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

• Mentor
8 hours ago, thelegend said:

Awesome!!! Here is to many more! Keep it going !!!! Everyday that passes is one day closer being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Great news....may end up only be one day but it shows that your healing and it means there will be more days like this to come. Will really help when things get rough again.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

On 3/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, thelegend said:

Yes! Evidence of healing ❤️

Tough day today, thought I was getting better. Maybe just windows and waves. Seems about every other day is either manageable or it’s a disaster.

New Doctor reinstated:

So sorry to hear ! Mine day wasn’t much better nasty wave ! Hopefully your day tomorrow will

be a wonderful window and many more after !

God bless you my FrIend 

17 hours ago, Lynnardgirl said:

So sorry to hear ! Mine day wasn’t much better nasty wave ! Hopefully your day tomorrow will

be a wonderful window and many more after !

God bless you my FrIend 

sorry to hear about you day. Unfortunately no, today is worse. Went for a run with my dog last night and just felt much better, almost myself. This morning has just been an absolute disaster, so I guess I am firmly in a wave after a brief dirty window it seems.

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
19 hours ago, thelegend said:

Tough day today, thought I was getting better. Maybe just windows and waves. Seems about every other day is either manageable or it’s a disaster.

4 minutes ago, thelegend said:

sorry to hear about you day. Unfortunately no, today is worse. Went for a run with my dog last night and just felt much better, almost myself. This morning has just been an absolute disaster, so I guess I am firmly in a wave after a brief dirty window it seems.

Hi Legend

I went through a very similar series of windows and waves midway in my WD and recovery.  Especially as it relates to work, I could be doing great one day and freak out over the smallest mistake on another.  If its any consolation, as I look back, this was really the beginning of my recovery, with the windows getting a bit longer each time and the waves getting shorter and weaker.  I  know its a slow and agonzing process, but its sounds like your're on the right trajectory. 

Tim C

• Mentor
19 hours ago, thelegend said:

11 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Also, I think the world situation isn't helping anyone's symptoms right now...

Tim C

On 3/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, thelegend said:

Hoping to string a couple of day like that together as I work towards stability.

I am really happy for you to have had a good day! How has your sleep been?

So happy for you ! It’s been a long time coming 

God Bless you my friend 

Hey @thelegend, dropping by to say hello and thinking of you. I haven't been online in a few days, how are you doing? Really hoping you are getting some windows, however brief. You SO deserve windows.

xxx

@sunnysideup69 - I am still struggling, but I do believe I am VERY slowly getting better. Weekends I am able to relax and enjoy time with my family, work days are harder, but they do seem more manageable than they have been in the past. Hopefully this means things are starting to slowly turn around.

New Doctor reinstated:

So happy to hear you are slowly healing ! 
Keep Having faith, ask, believe and receive .

God bless you my friend

10 hours ago, thelegend said:

@sunnysideup69 - I am still struggling, but I do believe I am VERY slowly getting better. Weekends I am able to relax and enjoy time with my family, work days are harder, but they do seem more manageable than they have been in the past. Hopefully this means things are starting to slowly turn around.

Yay! This is WONDERFUL news! It's better to be slow and steady, I think.

18 hours ago, Lynnardgirl said:

So happy to hear you are slowly healing ! 
Keep Having faith, ask, believe and receive .

God bless you my friend

How are you doing? Seeing any relief?

8 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Yay! This is WONDERFUL news! It's better to be slow and steady, I think.

how are you doing, still stabilizing?

New Doctor reinstated:

How are you doing? Seeing any relief?

how are you doing, still stabilizing?

Hi starting to stabilize! I feel it, slow and steady 

22 hours ago, thelegend said:

I am VERY slowly getting better. Weekends I am able to relax and enjoy time with my family, work days are harder, but they do seem more manageable

Hello TL,

I am so happy that you are seeing improvement and I know that you will continue to heal - it's slow - and slower for some of us more than others. Nice that you can relax and enjoy time iwth your family over the weekend.

g

G

Been following your thread a bit. Seeing that you’ve started to stabilize and heal is very encouraging to me. So happy for you. I’m about five months into holding with no real improvements. Keep stabilizing and giving hope to the rest of us!! 

2008: start Lexapro 10 mg which is quickly upped to 20 mg. 2008:2013 try at least four individual times to get off Lexapro, never get lower than 5mg, settle at 15 mg. 2015: again, attempt to get off Lexapro and get to 5 mg. After 6 months, feel i'm stabilizing but go back on a higher dose because of one stressful event. 2016: go to 20 mg from 15 mg due to work stresses, hit severe tolerance for the first time and become very suicidal. 2016-2017: try viibryd and cymbata in an attempt to feel better. Also add Lamictal 150 at some point. 2017: eventually land on paxil 37.5 and Lamictal 150. January 2018: cut paxil to 25. April-July 2018: reduce Lamictal in 50 mg increments till im off August. 2018: reduce paxil to 20 mg. december 2018: dropped Paxil to 18 mg, SEVERE CRASH. March updosed to 20 mg April 11: dropped to 19.4 mg due to akathsia (still experiencing akathsia symptoms from updose) April 20: 19 mg Paxil May 4: 18.7 Paxil July 5: 18.2 July 12: 17.8 Aug 19: 17.5 Aug 26: 17.3 Oct 20: 17.1 Nov 3: 16.9, 8/17/20: 16.6 after nine month hold, 8/24/20: 16.4, 8/31/20:16.2, 9/14/2020: 16.0, 9/21/20: 15.8, 9/28/20: 15.6, 10/19/20:15.4, 10/26/20: 15.2, 11/2/20: 15.1, 11/7/20: 14.8, 3/6/2-: 14.5, 3/20/20: 14.3, 4/3/20: 13.9, 4/10/2021: 13.7. 4/21/21: 13.5, 5/5/2021: 13.1, 12.2 8/12/2021 (slowly microtapered to this number. I just can’t remember the exact dates), 11.8 9/6/2021, 11.6 9/13/21, 11.2 9/27/21, 11.1 9/30/21.....11/5/21 switched to 10 mg tablet. I am holding to stabilize for the foreseeable future. 3/25/22: 9.4, 5/6/22: 9.0, 5/30/22: 8.25, 6/7/22: 8.1, 7/722: 7.65, 8/16/22: 7.39, 9/22/22: 6.91, 10/1/22: 6.78

Medication signature.docx

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been a bit, just wanted to update. I am still struggling with daily anxiety that makes it hard to function, but I am getting better. While nowhere near well or stable, I am better than I was just a few months ago, and for that I am thankful. Hopefully I continue to heal and progress as time goes on, but I do feel like it is all a little more manageable than it was a few months ago. I do worry that “this is as good as it gets” though I try to push that aside by saying “if it has gotten better, no reason it won’t continue to do so...at least I hope!”

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor

Well it has been a bit, just wanted to update. I am still struggling with daily anxiety that makes it hard to function, but I am getting better. While nowhere near well or stable, I am better than I was just a few months ago, and for that I am thankful. Hopefully I continue to heal and progress as time goes on, but I do feel like it is all a little more manageable than it was a few months ago. I do worry that “this is as good as it gets” though I try to push that aside by saying “if it has gotten better, no reason it won’t continue to do so...at least I hope!”

This is great news! You will continue to get better :)

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount.