thelegend

thelegend: hoping to get there

Terry

Hi T.L. 

Burning sensations are something I have almost every day for at least some part of the day.  They are uncomfortable, but I know they are from WD.  This is something I experienced right from the start of taking generic Zoloft.  If you are concerned you could get it checked out by your doctor, but when I mentioned these sensations to a previous doctor of mine,  he said he didn't know what the cause could be.  I now KNOW what the cause is, at least in my case. 

Best wishes on your withdrawal journey!

RichT
On 9/5/2019 at 7:46 PM, thelegend said:

Anyone with any thoughts, why would this come back after being gone for over a month? Does it mean I am going backwards? Am I just spinning my wheels with this and I will never stabilize?

I’ve Found that symptoms do go and come back seemingly without any reason. I think a lot of people experience that. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you’re going backwards or even spinning your wheels.

RichT
1 hour ago, thelegend said:

I have started getting hot or burning sensations in my feet, with being on Zyprexa should I be concerned about diabetes? Kind of freaking me out to be honest.

‘Don’t worry, this is a common withdrawal symptom.

warmest wishes

Rich

thelegend
On 9/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, RichT said:

I’ve Found that symptoms do go and come back seemingly without any reason. I think a lot of people experience that. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you’re going backwards or even spinning your wheels.

Thanks Rich, good to know, did you ever find yourself stuck trying to stabilize?

thelegend
On 9/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, RichT said:

‘Don’t worry, this is a common withdrawal symptom.

warmest wishes

Rich

Sounds good, I’ll try not to worry. Haven’t really had it today which I would think would point to WD rather than some kind of nerve damage from diabetes.

thelegend
On 9/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, Terry said:

Hi T.L. 

Burning sensations are something I have almost every day for at least some part of the day.  They are uncomfortable, but I know they are from WD.  This is something I experienced right from the start of taking generic Zoloft.  If you are concerned you could get it checked out by your doctor, but when I mentioned these sensations to a previous doctor of mine,  he said he didn't know what the cause could be.  I now KNOW what the cause is, at least in my case. 

Best wishes on your withdrawal journey!

Did you find it went away or got better?

What are everyone’s thoughts on probiotics? My gut is really bad every morning and I can’t help but think that fixing some of this may help me.

ChessieCat

There are many existing topics on this site.  You can either use the site search function or a search engine and add survivingantidepressants.org the search term:

burning-skin-burning-feet

Terry
18 hours ago, thelegend said:

Did you find it went away or got better?

Mine is with me every day, especially in the early morning hours.  It isn't severe, but it seems to be connected to my anxiety.

18 hours ago, thelegend said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on probiotics? My gut is really bad every morning and I can’t help but think that fixing some of this may help me.

I have recently started taking a probiotic.  After hearing how there is a connection between gut and brain health I thought it might be helpful for both.  I too have daily intestinal issues and hope for some help with the probiotic.  I'm sure it will take some time to see any real results.

Cocopuffz17
3 minutes ago, Terry said:

Mine is with me every day, especially in the early morning hours.  It isn't severe, but it seems to be connected to my anxiety.

I have recently started taking a probiotic.  After hearing how there is a connection between gut and brain health I thought it might be helpful for both.  I too have daily intestinal issues and hope for some help with the probiotic.  I'm sure it will take some time to see any real results.

Nutrition is number one for gut health. I used a probiotic BC30 by schiffs, it is encased in a protein that allows it to survive the stomach acid as a majority of OTC probiotics do not and get destroyed in the stomach. There 100% is a link between the gut and brain. I know my nutrition changes are the only reason I am still off of Paxil. 

thelegend
1 hour ago, Terry said:

Where are you at in your journey? Stable, I have been in the “trying to get stable” phase for over a year now and am very very tired of it. 4 months and change into a hold of everything and still struggling. Usually get windows in the evening , but not 3 out of the last 4. This makes it really hard to get through the day, not knowing if it will ever get better.

1 hour ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Nutrition is number one for gut health. I used a probiotic BC30 by schiffs, it is encased in a protein that allows it to survive the stomach acid as a majority of OTC probiotics do not and get destroyed in the stomach. There 100% is a link between the gut and brain. I know my nutrition changes are the only reason I am still off of Paxil. 

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Cocopuffz17
1 hour ago, thelegend said:

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Not a problem! All the best to you! :)

thelegend

Not sure what to do guys, the last 3 weeks I feel like I am just getting worse and worse. 4 months into a hold, shouldn’t I be seeing some positive stuff happening. Honestly feel as bad as when I 1st reinstated too high an amount in May. I would have said I was slowly getting better, but the last 3 weeks everything has turned on me and it just keeps getting worse!

thelegend

It has to get better at some point, right? Almost 2 years of this now and have never been stable the entire time. I just keep telling myself it can’t last forever and has to get better at some point.

thelegend
1 hour ago, Dejavu said:

Yes.

You are experiencing a wave. Please read this link:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

Thanks, so you think it is just a wave and not something going wrong with my hold? Two most distressing things are 1st it started to not get better at night like it used to. As bad as the day was, I knew at some point it would get better, that hasn’t been the case the last few days. Also my arms feel “burning” in the morning. A symptom I had in May and June after my reinstatement, but went away for the most part in July, August and start of September. Has come back for the last week, was the one thing I could point to that showed definite improvement.

thelegend

Things are still really tough! Not sure if it is a wave or if I just continue to spiral down and down. So crazy, when I was on vacation a month ago I thought stabilization was just around the corner and a matter of time. That seems like another time and place, and things just keep getting worse. I don’t know what to do!

Dejavu

I will answer your PM here in your thread.

Again, 4.5 months is not a long time in the world of withdrawal. You are experiencing windows and waves, which is to be expected while you await stabilization. You are letting your anxiety get the better of you. Please read

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/

And

We strongly encourage members to learn and use non drug coping techniques to help get through tough times.

Understanding what is happening helps us to not get caught up with the second fear, or fear of the fear.  This happens when we experience sensations in our body and because we don't understand them we are scared of them and then start to panic.

This document has a diagram of the body explaining what happens in the body when we become anxious:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/AnxietySelfHelp.pdf

Audio FEMALE VOICE:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Audio MALE VOICE:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Non-drug techniques to cope

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

Dr Claire Weekes suffered from anxiety and learned and taught ways of coping.  There are videos available on YouTube.

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Audio:  How to Recover from Anxiety - Dr Claire Weekes

Resources:  Centre for Clinical Interventions (PDF modules that you can work through, eg:  Depression, Distress Intolerance, Health Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Anxiety, Worrying)

On 4/27/2017 at 1:03 PM, brassmonkey said:

AAF: Acknowledge, Accept, Float.  It's what you have to do when nothing else works, and can be a very powerful tool in coping with anxiety.  The neuroemotional anxiety many of us feel during WD is directly caused by the drugs and their chemical reactions in the brain.  Making it so there is nothing we can do about them.  They won't respond to other drugs, relaxation techniques and the like.  They do, however, react very well to being ignored.  That's the concept behind AAF.  Acknowledge, get to know the feeling involved, explore them.  Accept, These feelings are a part of you and they aren't going anywhere fast. Float, let the feeling float off as you get on with your life as best as you can.  It's a well documented fact that the more you feed in to anxiety the worse it gets.  What starts as generalized neuroemotinal anxiety can be easily blown into a full fledged panic attack just by thinking about it.

I often liken it to an unwanted house guest.  At first you talk to them, have conversations, communicate with them.  After a while you figure out that they aren't leaving and there is nothing you can do to get rid of them.  So you go on about your day, working around them until they get bored and leave.

It can take some practice, but AAF really does work.  I hope you give it a try.

thelegend

I had to go to the dentist today to get some fillings. I have read some people respond poorly to the numbing shot. How long does it take for this adverse effect to happen if it does? How long does it last?

Dejavu

How are you doing TL? Any uptick in symptoms from the dental work?

thelegend
On 9/18/2019 at 11:48 PM, Dejavu said:

How are you doing TL? Any uptick in symptoms from the dental work?

Thanks so much for checking on me! I don’t think so, Tuesday and Thursday were manageable days this week (I would t call them windows). Today has been a really tough slog from 1st thing this morning with anxiety, akathisia, IBS, and burning arms (a symptom that was gone for a month or so, but is now off and on). Now 4M and hasn’t been much of a let up. I think I am seeing more manageable times, but the bad times are still bad as ever unfortunately. 

Rosetta

Hi, thelegend,

I'm sorry to see you have been caught up in this disaster, too.  I can't read well enough right now to understand your medication, but you are on 50 mg of Zoloft trying to stabilize from a CT of 5 mg of Lexapro in February of 2019?  And you started the Zoloft in May?  

I'm glad to see you are getting some easier days.  You will stabilize eventually.  The key is to avoid as many changes as you can.  For some people certain changes are unavoidable, but you seem to be doing all right overall and getting some easier days.  be very, very strict about taking your medication every day at the same time.  That is extremely important.  I had no idea that was so important, and my failure to do that is what brought me here.  All the problems that I had from missing doses caused the doctor to keep increasing the dose.  Never, ever was there any discussion about the consistent dosing.  With cigarettes people get cravings.  Not so with these drugs.  The effect of withdrawal is not immediate for most people or at least they have no idea that what they are experiencing are symptoms of withdrawal.  Every time a dose is missed withdrawal gets worse.  Stabilization comes from recognizing that your body is dependent on that dose when it is needed every, single day.  The misery we would have been able to avoid if doctors took these drugs seriously as addictive substances that require very, very strict adherence to a schedule.  For one thing they would not be prescribed, but for those who are all ready suffering withdrawal an acceptance that there is a severe dependence and it just be respected would go a long way to letting people get their lives back.  "No more CTs" would be on my sign if I were to march in a protest!!

You are going to make it through this.  Hang in there!

Rosetta

Rosetta