thelegend

thelegend: hoping to get there

RachelSusan

Legend,

I am sorry to hear that you are not seeing improvement.  Perhaps Thanksgiving will provide a few days of respite from the symptoms. My fingers are crossed.

Terry
On 11/18/2019 at 11:52 AM, thelegend said:

I would add sometimes I get a burning sensation in my arms

I can commiserate with you.  I have had these burning sensations to some degree or other since the beginning of my taper.  They always seem to be connected with anxiety.  I'm sorry you haven't been able to stabilize for such a long time, but please just keep hanging in there. 

thelegend

Exercised last night at about 5PM and felt GREAT for the rest of the night, so discouraging to get these glimpses only to come crashing back down the next morning.

insistpersistresist

I am hoping that your continued exercise will make a difference eventually in your level of morning anxiety. I think it will! Are you taking the fish oil and magnesium?

Cocopuffz17
2 hours ago, thelegend said:

Exercised last night at about 5PM and felt GREAT for the rest of the night, so discouraging to get these glimpses only to come crashing back down the next morning.

It gets better! I was unable to do one push-up around 5 months ago and now I am back to playing all my sports with more energy than I have ever had! 

Guilietta

Hello @thelegend

Catching up with your posts - and that you felt great after exercising - even though you crashed later - might be hopeful. YOu did get to exercise and you felt great thereafter.  Maybe you over did it? Even though I exercise nearly every day - there are some when I tell myself than 10 min on the treadmill is better than no minutes....  :) 

2 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

now I am back to playing all my sports

See - what an inspiration!

Another person (sorry forgot but know you were in Scotland!) mentioned that the vacation was helpful for relieving symptoms. While I don't think we can all go on vacation or go to Scotland - taking a break - even if I think @Tom37 said - a few days off f rom work if possible.  One thing that helps me - as long as I am not exhausted or too anxious - is to go somewhere different and I find relaxing and where I can 'escape' -thi smight be the mall - but leaving the wallet at home. :)

sunnysideup69

Hello :) Dropping by your thread. Nothing new to add, just to say, I empathise. I've done all sorts of switches over the last year and a half. Really and truly, the best thing is to hold. Improvement will come. It's only since I held on the Ven and just focussed on not moving dosage/ going teetotal/ just taking fish oil/ focussed on self help for anxiety that I have seen any real improvement.

I wasn't drinking heavily before, I literally had one glass of Prosecco on 3 different occasions between Oct last year and April this year, and each time it would send me crashing into a wave. Totally not worth it. I'm not eating refined sugar since beginning of November, as the blood sugar rollercoaster isn't very good for mood.

Exercise is great for getting an endorphin high and it's also possible to overdo it.

Sending a wave and good wishes from London.

PS I also get triggered by work stuff. It's hard. But am trying to give work less importannce in my mind.

Guilietta

Hello - and following people around ;).

I can say I never drink (call me a cheap date!) but I do eat sugar. I need to give this one up

I do exercise frequently - I try to do this daily - even if 20 or 30 minutes not 45 and some calisthenics.

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Exercise is great for getting an endorphin high and it's also possible to overdo it

Quite right. We get an endorphin bump 2 hours after the exercise. I have a treadmill Now that winter is here I get more exercise (shoveling both yesterday and today).  I am thankful to have been  somewhat dizzy this morning and had help to moe snow for the dogs.  I am otherwise unable to stand. 😢

My brain seems to prefer rote things.  Stress from thinking - executive function like analysis, organization, etc. causes me anxiety & more problems  . This is even if I am working on soething I like. Deadlines, too many things to do, disruptions to a routine are also bad.

A warm shower bfore bed can help with sleep

I empathise and this all thinks.

Hope you improve soon.

sunnysideup69
33 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello - and following people around ;).

😂

thelegend

Really a tough day today, makes me wonder if I will ever get better...over 7 months into a hold now.

Lynnardgirl

Thelegend 

It does get better 11 months out and finally getting better! I think the flax seed is helping 

and my windows are getting longer and waves not so intense. You will get there 

• Like 1

thelegend

Up at 5:30 today with anxiety wondering how in the hell I am going to make it through this day!

thelegend

Am I ever going to get better, seems like there is no end to this, I just am not sure how much longer I can keep plugging away without some improvements. Am I doing something wrong? Should I have not reinstated, is the reinstatement making things worse? I am just really discouraged and don’t know what to do at this point!

thelegend
13 hours ago, Lynnardgirl said:

Thelegend 

It does get better 11 months out and finally getting better! I think the flax seed is helping 

and my windows are getting longer and waves not so intense. You will get there 

Are you stabilizing then? Did you see any improvements in the first 11 months? You have kept everything stable for 11mo the now and just starting to see improvements?

Tom37

Sorry to see your struggling. Unfortunately it takes some of us a long time to see improvements. As you know I’m struggling at the moment but prior to this have definitely improved. I’ve never really had anxiety as a symptom just a million other physical and mental symptoms. When reading others threads the anxiety symptom does seem to take quite a while to settle down for some reason but it every case it does. Keep hanging in there as you could be a day or a week from seeing some improvement....you never know when it’s going to happen.

thelegend

Ugh, wow, what a tough day. One of my worst anxiety wise, starting to do a little better in the evening, but still not great. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. 

Tom37

Sorry to here that...hopefully tomorrow is better for you. I see you get the same thoughts as me regarding work. I try to use cbt on them and when feeling better it works well but in waves it doesn’t seem to matter what you try sometimes and you just have too accept them as thoughts and not reality....very hard to do.

RachelSusan

Sorry to hear it was a difficult day.  I hope tomorrow is better.