thelegend: hoping to get there

thelegend

Did ok this weekend, not great, but pretty manageable. This morning I even woke ok, but I had BURNING ARMS!! The one symptom that I thought was gone for good! Not sure what to think, but really disappointed, anxiety super high right now.

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

June 2018 - Novemeber 2019: Lexapro 10mgs

August 2018 - Current: Zyprexa added for early morning extreme anxiety

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

May 1st, 2019 - Current - Zoloft 50mgs, 2.5mg Zyprexa 

So bad today, this weekend I thought I was maybe turning a corner even though I was really sick, the WD didn’t seem to be bothering me much. Today anxiety is off the charts, I am shaking as I type this. Haven’t felt this bad in quite some time.

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

Just read the story of @Horns85, looks like he suffered WD for about a year and then reinstated. Reinstatement got him back to 100% with 4.5 months. Why am I still struggling so bad 7.5 months in? I would love to start a taper and put this nightmare behind me, but I just am not getting better. Any thoughts @brassmonkey or @Gridley? Am I doing something wrong? 

New Doctor reinstated:

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Am I doing something wrong? 

It's not clear from your signature whether there was a reinstatement of the old drug (Lexapro) or a switch to a new drug (Zoloft).   Your signature says you were on 5mg Lexapro until Feb.2019.   The next entry is that the doctor reinstated.  It looks like your doctor didn't reinstate (which means the same drug) but rather changed you over to another drug, Zoloft 50mg, at that point.   Is this correct?

It would be helpful to us if you clarified what happened between Feb 2019 and May 2019.  Please use this link to update your signature and we'll  be better able to advise you:

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

48 minutes ago, Gridley said:

It's not clear from your signature whether there was a reinstatement of the old drug (Lexapro) or a switch to a new drug (Zoloft).   Your signature says you were on 5mg Lexapro until Feb.2019.   The next entry is that the doctor reinstated.  It looks like your doctor didn't reinstate (which means the same drug) but rather changed you over to another drug, Zoloft 50mg, at that point.   Is this correct?

It would be helpful to us if you clarified what happened between Feb 2019 and May 2019.  Please use this link to update your signature and we'll  be better able to advise you:

Yes, I guess reinstated the drug I was on for 8 years, but different from the lexapro. I didn’t feel like the lexapro was doing anything so I got off, then felt so terrible I wanted to reinstate, but wanted to reinstate the drug that I was actually on for 8 years.

New Doctor reinstated:

Ok @Gridley, just updated my signature. Hopefully that helps to clear up the picture. I just read @Horns85’s intro and saw myself in what he went through, and I am just really jealous I guess of where he is at now and how quickly he stabilized after reinstatement. Though admittedly, I have made many more changes and mistakes along the way.

New Doctor reinstated:

Its always hard to look at others and see how they got better but you are still struggling along.....I guess since you came of lexapro there could be some lexapro withdrawal going on but even if there is you will get better, that is for sure.

Its all about time and more time. Just keep  hanging in there and don’t be hard on yourself if you have a bad day dealing with it. Just remember that if you weren’t going to heal then you wouldn’t be having those better days and it’s ptetty much expected that you will go through times that feel like your going backwards....I should know as was feeling good for two or so months then lurched back down for 6 weeks and only just come out of that.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, thelegend said:

Just read the story of @Horns85, looks like he suffered WD for about a year and then reinstated. Reinstatement got him back to 100% with 4.5 months. Why am I still struggling so bad 7.5 months in? I would love to start a taper and put this nightmare behind me, but I just am not getting better.

Thanks for updating your signature   We are all different, with different drugs histories and the drugs affect us differently.  

Very likely, as Tom37 said, you have some Lexapro withdrawal that's making you feel bad.  You will get better.  I wish I could tell you how soon but unfortunately I can't.

Have you tried omegas or magnesium?  Many members find them calming.

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

In your signature you mention anxiety.  Here are some non-drug  coping skill that can help with anxiety.

Audio:  How to Recover from Anxiety - Dr Claire Weekes

VIDEO:  Peace from Nervous Suffering - Claire Weekes (1 hour) (http://sendvid.com/vgquc1dg)

Anxiety Stuff - all kinds of stuff about anxiety attacks and things that help …

10 minute Restorative Yoga for Relaxation | Up the wall

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Yes @Gridley I take omega 3s. I tried magnesium, but it gave me bad IBS so I stopped.

New Doctor reinstated:

9 hours ago, Tom37 said:

Its always hard to look at others and see how they got better but you are still struggling along.....I guess since you came of lexapro there could be some lexapro withdrawal going on but even if there is you will get better, that is for sure.

Its all about time and more time. Just keep  hanging in there and don’t be hard on yourself if you have a bad day dealing with it. Just remember that if you weren’t going to heal then you wouldn’t be having those better days and it’s ptetty much expected that you will go through times that feel like your going backwards....I should know as was feeling good for two or so months then lurched back down for 6 weeks and only just come out of that.

thanks Tom, nothing to do but just keep plugging along hoping for a shift at some point. Hoping the 2 weeks of work for Christmas will be very beneficial.

New Doctor reinstated:

So weird how the veil can lift for a few hours, from about 9AM - 11AM today I felt almost totally normal. The have been going through pretty tough anxiety bouts since. I keep thinking eventually those glimpses will be my new normal...hopefully.

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
6 minutes ago, thelegend said:

So weird how the veil can lift for a few hours, from about 9AM - 11AM today I felt almost totally normal. The have been going through pretty tough anxiety bouts since. I keep thinking eventually those glimpses will be my new normal...hopefully.

They will! I know exactly how you feel! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

6 hours ago, thelegend said:

Yes, it will happen, you are getting there because you are experiencing windows. It's all an unpredictable process, but you're healing. Hang on in there.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Well 3 more days until I go on a two week vacation for the holidays. Hoping to get the same relief I usually get on vacation...time will tell I guess.

New Doctor reinstated:

Why have my evening windows gone away? Used to be so nice to look forward to, does this mean I am going backward and getting worse rather than stabilizing? Burning eyes and arms are back too, two symptoms that I thought had resolved.

New Doctor reinstated:

47 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Why have my evening windows gone away? Used to be so nice to look forward to, does this mean I am going backward and getting worse rather than stabilizing? Burning eyes and arms are back too, two symptoms that I thought had resolved.

I heard so many times people heal right after they have the worse wave ever, so hopefully this is what is happening!

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

was on Trazodone for 6 months or longer 

did a fast taper getting panic attacks 
2018 Doctor switched me to Effexor XR an 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

• Mentor
59 minutes ago, thelegend said:

It’s the waves and windows.... it explains it to a T. I have had days of windows and then get smashed for a few days with waves. But the tide has turned... I used to be a majority waves and few windows.... now it’s the opposite and it will come for you to! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

No idea why your evenings have gotten tougher but it’s the nature of wd....just like my two months of feeling ‘better’ ended and now back to waves and windows...one thing you can be sure about wd is that nothing stays the same for very long and unfortunately in wd weeks and sometimes months isn’t very long.

Im sure in time you will get your evenings back and you may find they are better and last longer than when you last had them,

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Not sure what to do guys, up at 5:30 with high anxiety, not sure how I can get through the day knowing it doesn’t get better at night.

New Doctor reinstated:

I just try try and live in the moment! I try not to think about anything just the presence! 
It is the only thing that gets me through 

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

32 minutes ago, Lynnardgirl said:

I just try try and live in the moment! I try not to think about anything just the presence! 
It is the only thing that gets me through 

good advice, I just feel like this week every day gets worse and worse. Like I am circling a drain.

New Doctor reinstated:

You are focusing too much on the repetition of each cycle.Break that by doing new things.theres no neuroplasticity in the same muck.

Bust out some pushups when your arms are burning not volume then breath then stretch. If your going to work focus on being more productive .

I have it now  AkA and I'm sunk in bead with heaters on owning it and ok with it.each moment own it.

Russ

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

2 hours ago, thelegend said:

Not sure what to do guys, up at 5:30 with high anxiety, not sure how I can get through the day knowing it doesn’t get better at night.

I know it's awful, but try not to tell yourself it won't get better at night. The thing is, it can change at any point, so try not to decide how it will be 12 hours from now, because then there's no room for it to change. Sometimes you just have to get through from hour to hour and not think too far ahead. Easier said than done, I know, but keep an open mind towards it changing. I often tell myself repeatedly that 'everything changes. It has to change at some point', which it does. That thought alone is a 'rewiring' thought.

Are you having to struggle through at work, also?

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

5 hours ago, thelegend said:

good advice, I just feel like this week every day gets worse and worse. Like I am circling a drain.

I know my days are getting worse and then I

start thinking negative, like I’m never going to heal! That’s when I start to focus on the now!

I stop and refocus on what I’m doing at the

moment! Washing clothes, cleaning, walking 

What ever I’m doing at the moment !  if 

folding clothes, I Put all my thought on folding,

the feel, smell of fresh clothes when Negative

thought comes in I stay focus on what I’m 

doing ! It’s hard but it really helps

Well I made it through the day, thanks to the advice and comments from you guys, and I was actually very productive and effective, despite feeling awful. Hoping for better sleep tonight. Thanks again guys, @Lynnardgirl, @sunnysideup69 @RusTW @Tom37, @Cocopuffz17, and @Gridley you guys have been so awesome to me. Thank you so much!!

New Doctor reinstated:

Good work on getting through your day. Hopefully gives you some confIdence that you can push through.

Probably just a nasty wave your in so if it gets worse try not to worry as it will ease up.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

1 hour ago, thelegend said:

Well I made it through the day, thanks to the advice and comments from you guys, and I was actually very productive and effective, despite feeling awful. Hoping for better sleep tonight. Thanks again guys, @Lynnardgirl, @sunnysideup69 @RusTW @Tom37, @Cocopuffz17, and @Gridley you guys have been so awesome to me. Thank you so much!!

Good work! You did it, this shows the anxiety who's the boss, even if you don't feel very boss-like. 

Good Matt being productive is a awesome distraction.Good job

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

I was able to rebuild my boat and get it out during this mess.I couldn't even get it fixed up before WD.That's great THE anxiety can fuel accomplishments.

I know it’s hard with this darn anxiety but you are so strong and soon all this will end!

Is it fear of how bad it going to get as its happening?I know it's a crumby feeling but the fear propels it .the constant drain thinking causes  may ne causing you to freak out? I'm only assuming.

Hey @thelegend, hope your Christmas has been okay, hopefully you not checking in here is a good sign. 

Matt how are you?

@sunnysideup69 and @RusTW it has actually been very good so far. WD symptoms have been present, especially in the mornings, but have been overall very manageable and I have had a great time. Honestly just scared for the vacation to end as it has been so nice.

New Doctor reinstated:

2 hours ago, thelegend said:

@sunnysideup69 and @RusTW it has actually been very good so far. WD symptoms have been present, especially in the mornings, but have been overall very manageable and I have had a great time. Honestly just scared for the vacation to end as it has been so nice.

So so happy to hear you are getting some relief! Hopefully it will stay this way when vacation is over🙏🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, thelegend said:

Wow, that's great news! So glad you've had a great time...and that symptoms have been manageable. Enjoy the rest of the holiday 😊