Lookinup

Lookinup's intro: please help

Shep
On 1/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Lookinup said:

Do you think this is mostly related to PAW from Remeron, or withdrawals from Klonopin despite taking it?  I am really worried about what is going on with me.  If it is from Klonopin, how do I address that?

If it's related to Remeron, there's not much you can do about it because you've been off it for 7 months, so reinstating would be tricky, especially with your current drug cocktail.

If it's related to the Klonopin, it depends on when you last decreased it if it would help to updose. If it's been within a month, than you could increase it. If it's been more than a month, than it's risky to updose. 

If your symptoms are related to interdose Klonopin withdrawal, than you could space your Klonopin out 2 or 3 times a day. 

On 1/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Lookinup said:

I am going to hold and see if I stabilize.

This sounds like the best plan. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Lookinup

Never reduced Klonopin.  Was waiting to get over Remeron discontinuation symptoms, which have been horrible.  I really worry that my CNS has become unbalanced.  Yet, so many symptoms are Klonopin withdrawal related, and I can feel them worsen just before it is time to take it.  Can be be both? Did split into two doses and updosed slightly 0.5  to .625.  Helped a little with the all day twitching and pins/needles.  I do not wish to increase that any more.  Is it okay to do a long hold with this?  I’d  really like to get through the Prozac taper first.   Is medical marijuana or CBD ever effective, by the way, to help with tapering?  Thanks, Shep!

(1.) Mirt. August 2017, 7.5mgs tapered to 3.5mgs over year and stopped 3/19.  Reinstated to 1.8 and stopped in June 2019.  Horrible withdrawals ensued. Panic attacks, insomnia. (2.)Had been taking .75 Klonopin for at least 15 years. (3.)Prozac started June, 2019 due to withdrawal symptoms from Remeron.  Started at 10 mg and cut to 5mg. within 6 weeks. Stayed on 5 mg. Until starting liquid taper Dec. 2019.  Stopped due to sx.  Resumed 4/20, Still reducing. 3.3 mg to go.  (4.) Started Ambien June, 2019 due to insomnia from Remeron w/d. Together with Klonopin caused a lot of interdose withdrawal sx. Barely slept on the medication (2-3 hrs). (5.)75 mg. Tirosent five days and .88 two days (M,TH) taken first thing if a.m. for thyroid (Since 10/19)

REHAB (Feb 1, 2020) Family insisted on rehab to get rid of benzos.  Disaster as always stated!

Feb, 2020 Removed from Klonopin/Ambien and put on Librium.  Quickly reduced to 5 mg.  Left before being completely taken off.  Sent to behavioral health center (two weeks later) and given more drugs! (6.)March, 2020 Taken off Librium and put on Valium

12.5  (taken 3 x day -  2.5 a.m., 2.5 p.m. and 7.5 mg before bed) replaced Librium (7.)Remeron again!  3.75 mg.  8.  Seroquel 50 mg.nightly.

My intro thread - Lookinup's intro: please help

Shep

Holding is fine. There's no rush to taper until you're more stable. 

Medical marijuana and CBD oil are a hit or a miss with people coming off these drugs. Many people with destabilized nervous systems are sensitive to these.  Please see:

Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, & CBD or Hemp oil

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Lookinup

I am so glad I asked you about the medical marijuana.  Thanks for the link.  Doesn’t look like a smart move at this time.

(1.) Mirt. August 2017, 7.5mgs tapered to 3.5mgs over year and stopped 3/19.  Reinstated to 1.8 and stopped in June 2019.  Horrible withdrawals ensued. Panic attacks, insomnia. (2.)Had been taking .75 Klonopin for at least 15 years. (3.)Prozac started June, 2019 due to withdrawal symptoms from Remeron.  Started at 10 mg and cut to 5mg. within 6 weeks. Stayed on 5 mg. Until starting liquid taper Dec. 2019.  Stopped due to sx.  Resumed 4/20, Still reducing. 3.3 mg to go.  (4.) Started Ambien June, 2019 due to insomnia from Remeron w/d. Together with Klonopin caused a lot of interdose withdrawal sx. Barely slept on the medication (2-3 hrs). (5.)75 mg. Tirosent five days and .88 two days (M,TH) taken first thing if a.m. for thyroid (Since 10/19)

REHAB (Feb 1, 2020) Family insisted on rehab to get rid of benzos.  Disaster as always stated!

Feb, 2020 Removed from Klonopin/Ambien and put on Librium.  Quickly reduced to 5 mg.  Left before being completely taken off.  Sent to behavioral health center (two weeks later) and given more drugs! (6.)March, 2020 Taken off Librium and put on Valium

12.5  (taken 3 x day -  2.5 a.m., 2.5 p.m. and 7.5 mg before bed) replaced Librium (7.)Remeron again!  3.75 mg.  8.  Seroquel 50 mg.nightly.

Shep
20 hours ago, Lookinup said:

Hi Shep,

I am getting frustrated always trying to figure out what is going on with me.  Feeling horrible since trying to reduce 5% of Prozac using the liquid.  Could it be the difference between the liquid compound and the tablet?  Mirtazapine withdrawal?  Klonopin or Ambien problems?  I am having a tough time getting any sleep even with Ambien.  Endo added t3 to my medication also.  That is definitely stimulating.  Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.  Not cutting anymore, just trying to stabilize.  Thank you.

Lookinup

@Lookinup I'm quoting the PM you sent so it can be answered in your thread. Again, we don't answer questions via PM because all the moderators need to be aware of what's going on so we don't give you conflicting advice. 

Please work with your endocrinologist to get the thyroid meds adjusted so you're not being stimulated. That being said, if Prozac is still stimulating (something you've reported in your thread), than it could be the Prozac. 

Do you feel the stimulating feeling after taking Prozac or after taking the thyroid med? Or does it randomly occur throughout the day? 

On 10/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, Lookinup said:

It has not a helped a bit.  All day feel wired and anxious. There is no sleep without Ambien, which I have taken for the past four months.  It is a horrible drug and doesn’t give me many hours.  Lucky if I can get back to sleep when wake up for a few more hours.  I need to unwind and am finding it hard to do that.  I have liquid Prozac, but don’t know if it is a good time to start.  I really

feel it I could sleep, my w/d symptoms would not be as horrendous.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Don’t know how I got that name.  Thought I put it in under topic!  Thank you for reaching out to me.. I need some help with this for sure! I have the liquid form of Prozac, but don’t know if I should start feeling this way.

You mentioned "having" liquid Prozac back in October before you made your reduction, but were you using it then? It sounds like you just got it for when you were going to start tapering.

If so, it may not be the switch from pill to liquid that caused the uptick in symptoms. 

Lookinup
2 minutes ago, Shep said:

@Lookinup I'm quoting the PM you sent so it can be answered in your thread. Again, we don't answer questions via PM because all the moderators need to be aware of what's going on so we don't give you conflicting advice. 

Please work with your endocrinologist to get the thyroid meds adjusted so you're not being stimulated. That being said, if Prozac is still stimulating (something you've reported in your thread), than it could be the Prozac. 

Do you feel the stimulating feeling after taking Prozac or after taking the thyroid med? Or does it randomly occur throughout the day? 

You mentioned "having" liquid Prozac back in October before you made your reduction, but were you using it then? It sounds like you just got it for when you were going to start tapering.

If so, it may not be the switch from pill to liquid that caused the uptick in symptoms. 

I got the liquid in October, but didn’t start it until last month.  Staying at the reduction I made (two 5% reductions in one month). Yes, I do feel that Prozac is stimulating and causes anxiety well into the night.  So, I have to get rid of it.  Frustrating, so many variables in play here.

Thank you for your support.

Lookinup
Just now, Lookinup said:

I got the liquid in October, but didn’t start it until last month.  Staying at the reduction I made (two 5% reductions in one month). Yes, I do feel that Prozac is stimulating and causes anxiety well into the night.  So, I have to get rid of it.  Frustrating, so many variables in play here.

Thank you for your support.

And the added t3 (Cytomel) is definitely stimulating.  I am working with my endo about this. If my system wasn’t so sensitized, it probably wouldn’t be an issue.

Lookinup
Just now, Lookinup said:

And the added t3 (Cytomel) is definitely stimulating.  I am working with my endo about this. If my system wasn’t so sensitized, it probably wouldn’t be an issue.

I really feel my parasympathetic and sympathetic systems are unbalanced since the Mirtz. Withdrawal, making everything more difficult.

Shep
23 hours ago, Lookinup said:

I really feel my parasympathetic and sympathetic systems are unbalanced since the Mirtz. Withdrawal, making everything more difficult.

Indeed it does, Lookiinup.

Can't remember if someone already linked this in your thread or not, but if you haven't already seen it, definitely worth a read. 

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lookinup
6 hours ago, Shep said:

Can't remember if someone already linked this in your thread or not, but if you haven't already seen it, definitely worth a read. 

6 hours ago, Shep said:

I did read that and can relate to the activation part of the sympathetic nervous system. But I don’t have the other extremes. And I get lots of twitching around the time I take Klonopin.  Can my main problem be withdrawal symptoms from Klonopin or Ambien? 

Lookinup
8 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

I did read that and can relate to the activation part of the sympathetic nervous system. But I don’t have the other extremes. And I get lots of twitching around the time I take Klonopin.  Can my main problem be withdrawal symptoms from Klonopin or Ambien? 

Although this article does make sense.  How then do the other drugs I am taking effect this hypersensitivity?  I am really suffering from the last of sleep caused by this.  And I do think the Prozac makes my anxiety much worse. How do I heal from this?  Can I heal from this?  Saw a neurologist who said the twitching,etc, is medication related. MRI of brain absolutely fine as well as neuro exam.  What should I do?

Thank you for any help you an provide.  I am seven months from that jump from Mirtazapine.

Lookinup

Do I continue taper from Prozac despite feeling unstable?  How do ever get rid of Klonopin?  I am really worried.  

Altostrata

As requested many times, please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. You can post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

We need this information to answer questions about your symptom pattern.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Lookinup

Thank you Altostrata for your involvement.  Here is a recollection of yesterday through this morning:

3:30 a.m. woke from horrible Ambien sleet

3:30-5:30 Laid in bed and tried to relax. Felt adrenaline spike - can feel toes get numb/cold feeling

5:30 - Took thyroid (Tirosent .75 mg) med. Felt the stimulating effect after about 1/2 hour

6:00 - 7:00 Laid in bed, hating to have to get up and start the “drugs.”

7:30 Took liquid Prozac 4.5 mg.

8:00 - 11:00 brain fog. - exhausted

9:00 - increased heart rate (some fluttering feeling)

9:30 Took 10 mg Propanolol,

11:00 started feeling numbness in hands, increased heart rate, fullness in ear

12:00 Took .25 Klonopin 

12:45 felt stable, but exhausted and anxious

12-00 p.m. - 5:00 Anxiety, numbness, tingling, twitches, cold nose, runny nose, fullness in ear

5:00 .25 Klonopin - increase in heart rate for about 15 min.

5:00 - 6:30 laid down, drank tea and tried to calm down

6:30  Ate dinner - no appetite, increasing heart rate

7:00 Took 10 mg Propanolol

7:30 shower

8:00 Back to laying on bed (heart pounding) and waiting for next Klonopin dose

9:15 Fell asleep, which is very unusual since being on Ambien.  Never fall asleep on my own.

10:00. Woke with pins and needles, muscle spasms, twitches, sweat ( *Note, usually take dose at 9:30)

10:00 Took Klonopin - again felt increase in heart rate for about 15 min.

11:00 Took 10 mg. Ambien - increase in heart rate again

3:30 a.m. - Not able to relax, felt anxious

5:30 a.m. took thyroid med.- again felt stimulation

;5:30 - 7:00 Anxious 

Symptoms overall throughout the day:

^ numbness in hands around time for dosing Propanolol or Klonopin

* twitches before Klonopin

* feeling of fluttering in heart

* very anxious, never feeling calm and relaxed

* exhausted and feeling horrible

* losing weight 

* no appetite

* cold nose

* fullness in ear

Trying to keep up with life and become distracted - very difficult with brain fog and other symptoms.

Feel so off all the time.

Scared and don’t know what to address and how. I know the Prozac has an adverse effect.  The Klonopin/Ambien combo

is horrible.  Just want to be rid of it. Sometimes start researching rehabs!

Concentration is very difficult being so exhausted and with brain fog.

Thank you very much for your attention to this.  

Lookinup

Shep
12 hours ago, Lookinup said:

Here is a recollection of yesterday through this morning:

Please keep a pen and paper near you so you can jot these things down as they happen instead of relying on your memory a day later. Just a tip, as many of us struggle with remembering things during withdrawal and we're basing our tapering advice based on what you post here. 

5:30 - Tirosent .75 mg

7:30 Prozac 4.5 mg.

9:30 10 mg Propanolol,

12:00  .25 Klonopin 

5:00 .25 Klonopin 

7:00 10 mg Propanolol

10:00  Klonopin 

11:00  10 mg. Ambien 

This is from your latest drug and symptoms journal. Is this correct? What dose is your 10 PM Klonopin? 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, Lookinup said:

6 a.m Tirosent .88 (Thyroid)

8 a.m Prozac 5 mg

10:00 Propanolol .5

12:00 Klonopin .25

2:00 Propanolol 10 mg

7:00 Propanolol 10 mg

9:30 Klonopin .25

11:00 Ambien 7.5 mg

This is what you have written on November 13. 

When did you increase the Ambien from 7.5 mg in November to 10 mg in January? 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, Lookinup said:

Oh, I no longer take the Propanolol at night.  

And this is from November 15, where you stated you stopped the Propanolol at night. Yet you have it in the journal you posted yesterday. 

When did you make these changes in propanolol? 

You have Cytomel listed in your signature, but I don't see it in your drug and symptoms journal. Is Cytomel a drug you're currently taking? 

Please update your signature to reflect all of these changes to your drugs. A direct link to your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Please continue posting your daily drug and symptoms journal. Make sure you're including the dose for each drug. It will help to have "AM" and "PM" to make it easier to read. 

Lookinup
1 hour ago, Shep said:

Please keep a pen and paper near you so you can jot these things down as they happen instead of relying on your memory a day later. Just a tip, as many of us struggle with remembering things during withdrawal and we're basing our tapering advice based on what you post here. 

This is from your latest drug and symptoms journal. Is this correct? What dose is your 10 PM Klonopin? 

And this is from November 15, where you stated you stopped the Propanolol at night. Yet you have it in the journal you posted yesterday. 

You have Cytomel listed in your signature, but I don't see it in your drug and symptoms journal. Is Cytomel a drug you're currently taking? 

Please update your signature to reflect all of these changes to your drugs. A direct link to your signature is here:

Please continue posting your daily drug and symptoms journal. Make sure you're including the dose for each drug. It will help to have "AM" and "PM" to make it easier to read. 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Fixed the signature.  Just got word of eliminating the Cytomel. It is t3 and causes too much stimulation. 

Propanol is morning and afternoon and usually holds overnight.  Rare occasion to take a .5 mg at night.

Ambien should have read 10 mg.in Nov. Corrected it.

Signature is now accurate.

Thank you very much for your help with everything.  I really need to know where to go with all of this.  

Lookinup

How will I ever be able to get of these meds?  I am sure Prozac is stimulating well into the night. 

Lookinup

It is so hard to know what is causing what.  Since Prozac is taken so early in the morning, should it still be stimulating into the night?  I really need sleep. And while on the Ambien (unfortunately), I wish I could get more. 

Shep
On 1/14/2020 at 8:46 AM, Lookinup said:

Just got word of eliminating the Cytomel. It is t3 and causes too much stimulation. 

Please keep posting your daily drug and symptoms journal. Hopefully with the removal of the stimulating thyroid drug, you'll see some improvements. 

8.  .75 mg. Tirosent two days and .88 three days taken first thing if a.m. for thyroid

What days did you take Tirosent? Please include dates for all your drugs. 

Lookinup

I am very sensitive to the night time dose of Klonopin (.25) and the Ambien (10mg)  Getting racing heart with both. Ambien barely working.  Lots of dp/dr in a.m.  Which med am I getting withdrawals from???  High heart rate in a.m. until taking Klonopin.  I wish I could make a move towards getting rid of something!

Shep
13 hours ago, Lookinup said:

I feel like I need to make a move of some sort and have no idea what to do.  Have not decreased Prozac anymore. How will I ever ged rid of the Ambien?

Does reinstating a tiny bit of Mirtazapine this late ever help?  Desperately looking for some relief.

Lookinup, I've copied these questions from the PMs you sent. We do not answer questions in PMs. 

You are 10 months off mirtazapine, so reinstating at this point would be very risky. 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:32 AM, Shep said:

We've repeatedly asked for a daily drug and symptoms journal and you've only posted that a few times. 

If you want more feedback, please post this daily.

Otherwise, all we can do is give you general advise - taper no faster than 10% of your previous month's dose, remove the most stimulating drug first, and hold when you have a lot of symptoms. 

Altostrata

How are you doing, @Lookinup?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Lookinup

I’m pretty down.  Can’t believe I am back on Mirtz again, like that was going to help me????  This time it will be a very slow taper.  And I was just in the midst of the 4 mg Prozac taper, Ugh!!!!!  Should I pause that and start the Mirt?  Thank you.  

Altostrata

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

This is the drug and symptom diary we've requested before. We need to see it to understand what's going on.

Lookinup

Family forced me into rehab for Klonopin and Remeron.  Disastrous.  Left after being out in Librium and quickly taken off.  Now currently on 12.5 Valium, put back on 3.75 Remeron again despite horrible withdrawal in June  2019, and serequel 60 mg.  Feeling horrible all the time.  Tapering Prozac at .01 ml a day.  Please help. Thank you.  

Altostrata

What drugs are you taking now, at what dosages and what times of day? Please update your signature.

Shep

Lookinup, your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Lookinup

I have updated the signature.  Let me know if it needs editing.  Thanks for any suggestions you can lend.

Shep

(6.)Valium 12.5  (taken 3 x day -  2.5 a.m., 2.5 p.m. and 7 mg before bed) replaced Librium (7.)Remeron again!  3.75 mg.  8.  Seroquel 50 mg.nightly.

This is from your signature. Please add the dates. 

Lookinup

Please send me the signature link.  Thank you.

Shep
On 5/5/2020 at 5:59 AM, Shep said:

Lookinup, your signature is here:

Account Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Altostrata
On 5/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Altostrata said:

What drugs are you taking now, at what dosages and what times of day?

What is your daily drug schedule? Please just post a simple list I can follow, with times o'clock.

Lookinup
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What is your daily drug schedule? Please just post a simple list I can follow, with times o'clock.

7:00 a.m. 88 mg.MWF,  75 mg T,Th Tirosent (Thyroid med)

8:30 a.m. Prozac - reducing .01 ml each day.  78 ml left to go.

9:00 a.m. 2.5 mg. Valium

2:00 p.m. 2.5 mg. Valium

8:00 p..m. 7.5 mg. Valium

9:00 p.m. 3.75 mg. Remeron

9:00 p.m. 50 mg. Seroquel

I feel tired during the day, but anxious too.  For some Reason, night time dose of Valium is not calming, it causes my heart rate to increase.  Usually fall asleep within an hour of taking the Remeron and seroquel, but not always,  Wake usually about 2 and take some time going back to sleep. Thank you for getting involved.  I am very down about this.  Is this a hopeless situation?

Edited by Lookinup
incomplete info.

Altostrata
5 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

7:00 a.m. 88 mg.MWF,  75 mg T,Th

What does this mean?

You are taking Valium, Remeron, and Seroquel at night? How are you sleeping?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

Again,

On 4/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, Altostrata said:

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right.

This is the drug and symptom diary we've requested before. We need to see it to understand what's going on.

Lookinup
25 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What does this mean?

That means Tirosent (Thyroid med)

You are taking Valium, Remeron, and Seroquel at night? How are you sleeping?  Ok, usually wake up and have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

There is a major interaction between Mirt. And Prozac.  And a moderate interaction between the rest of them.  Also, too many from psychotropic category.  Doctors could care less!  I am trying to save my life.  I feel the same all day long, tired but anxious and extremely worried.  Already need up in behavioral health center for leaving rehab after they attempted to remove me from all t he Librium they put me on after removing Klonopin/Ambien.  That is where the Valium came from.  I do believe I was still in Mirtz. W/d as well as acute benzo w/d when I went to rehab.  This is awful.  Thanks you for any help you can lend.  

Again,

Lookinup
23 minutes ago, Lookinup said:

I do not know how to paste the interaction checker.